Author Topic: Debate?! [#1480]  (Read 721 times)

Offline DL

Debate?! [#1480]
« on: June 13, 2009, 08:30:58 PM »

Hi i am a 13 year old,believe it or not,i believe you are an educated civillian and will not physically assault me if you meet me in person like the muslims do,my email is [email] my blog is [blog] ...

ok lets begin, i am going to debate with your video "Where did our universe come from? A guide for Christians"..lets begin for me asking you a question,"do you think love is limited?",ok lets skip this first, i suppose you know there is coldness and you might say ,ya off course!but i tell you there is no coldness,only heat,coldness is a null only to be filled up by heat,you can have growing heat,little heat or alot of heat but you can never have 0 heat,heat is also trappable at -100degreeC,so summarized there is no coldness,it is a void only to be filled but by heat.Now i tell you the same goes for light,you say there is darkness and shadows but it is actually no darkness, it is only a void to be filled up by light,there can be little light ,lots of light but never no light or in other words complete darkness.God is the alpha and omega,the beginning and the end,in the same way as heat and light God is the only infinite existing in another void like "coldness" beyond the dimension of time(whose void is the future)."religion without science is blind,science without religion is lame"-Albert Einstein..Albert Einstein personally knows that there is a God(you can google that) and he created equations,Issac Newton and Gallileo Gallelei are also christians.Who say science will never unlock the origins of the universe,science will unlock it and finding out God is the origin."God surpass science,science supports God"

There is no way you can prove the bible wrong as many have tried as an organization offers a fortune to anyone who could prove the bible wrong.You said there is no equation for God and ask you if there is an equation about human choice and decision or an equation to predict the future?If there is ,the inventor will dominate the Earth!Who says there is not a single scientific example anywhere showing God has any effect on our universe?Scientist use satellite technology to find human has walked across the red sea before(the sea that moses went through),God said he created man with dust(actually mud but translation spoiled everthing)or in other words mud and all the calcium and vitamins of mud can be found in mud,they match and God made woman with a rib of Adam/man and they found out that man has 1less rib than woman!Scientist originally believed that being in a whales stomach was impossible but there had been A FEW incidents that man survived after swallowed in whales stomach for days."God is love"-1john4:8,love is unlimited in the bible and they say the creator is unlimited(God) but the created(us) is limited.I love God and God loves you.I have completed my text,i have 1 last question:"what is your purpose trying to debate against God,why??!"Oh ya,1 last question what created time?

Offline Inactive_1

• Emergency Room
  • Darwins +10/-2
Re: Debate?! [#1480]
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2009, 08:33:55 PM »
I invite you to join up so the members can have a proper debate with you.

Would you take us up on that offer?

Offline Ambassador Pony

• You keep what you kill.
  • Administrator
  • Darwins +71/-4
  • illuminatus
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2009, 09:01:20 PM »

Hi i am a 13 year old,believe it or not,i believe you are an educated civillian and will not physically assault me if you meet me in person like the muslims do,my email is [email] my blog is [blog] ...

Muslims physcially assault you when you meet them? I hope you tell your parents when it happens and the police!

How many muslims have you met? How many, out of those, have attacked you?
You believe evolution and there is no evidence for that. Where is the fossil record of a half man half ape. I've only ever heard about it in reading.

Offline Emily

• Professor
  • Darwins +49/-0
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2009, 09:10:21 PM »

Just the right age to join the forum...

Also, I second Pony's reply. It's not nice to beat up anyone. I suggest you carry a knife. But I'd like you to elaborate. Why do they beat you up?

After actually reading your reply (mostly the second paragraph) I gotta say, you are deluded. What good would satellite technology be to proving someone walked on the red sea. Also, show me where a man has been swallowed up up and lived in a whales for days (I need documents. If you are saying this happened, there must be documents for it happening. And I mean trustworthy documents. None of that Answers in Genesis garbage)

The big bang created time. Since you are 13 I will assume you haven't gotten that far in science class. The big bang is an expansion of space and time that happened 13+ billion years ago. The four fundamental forces or physics were thought to be the same strength, then something happened; they went crazy and gravity and the weak force and the strong force and electromagnetic force all went their own way. This created matter. Then matter smashed into the other matter creating more matter. This continues for millions of years then the early galaxies form....

And here we are...
« Last Edit: June 14, 2009, 09:44:39 AM by Emily »
"Great moments are born from great opportunities." Herb Brooks

I edit a lot of my posts. The reason being it to add content or to correct grammar/wording. All edits to remove wording get a strike through through the wording.

Offline deconvertedone

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +1/-0
  • My dog isn't an atheist, he thinks I'm God.
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2009, 09:38:23 PM »

There is no way you can prove the bible wrong as many have tried as an organization offers a fortune to anyone who could prove the bible wrong.

This statement is not correct, pick up one of Professor Bart Ehrman's books.  To quote Professor Ehrman who has studied the bible exhaustively, "there are more errors in the bible than there are words in the bible."
The memory of my own suffering has prevented me from ever shadowing one young soul with the superstition of the Christian religion.
Elizabeth Cady Stanton

Offline kin hell

• Professor
  • Darwins +152/-7
  • - .... . .-. . /.. ... / -. --- / --. --- -.. ...
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2009, 01:51:37 AM »
I love God and God loves you.I have completed my text,i have 1 last question:"what is your purpose trying to debate against God,why??!"Oh ya,1 last question what created time?

1 last question (i)   To cure the sick.

1 last question (ii)   Life.
"...but on a lighter note, demons were driven from a pig today in Gloucester."  Bill Bailey

all edits are for spelling or grammar unless specified otherwise

Offline Seank

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +0/-0
  • Typos are intentional, honest.
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2009, 06:56:00 AM »

There is no way you can prove the bible wrong as many have tried as an organization offers a fortune to anyone who could prove the bible wrong.

This statement is not correct, pick up one of Professor Bart Ehrman's books.  To quote Professor Ehrman who has studied the bible exhaustively, "there are more errors in the bible than there are words in the bible."

Why do I get this funny feeling that the terms of this challenge are likely to be as honest as Hovind's proof of evolution test?
"I yam what I yam and that's all that I yam"
Popeye (the sailor man)

Offline Dkit

• Reader
  • Darwins +3/-0
  • Nemesis Ridiculii
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2009, 09:11:15 AM »
and will not physically assault me if you meet me in person like the muslims do,
I'm not sure how to respond to this.  Please answer Pony's questions.

Scientist use satellite technology to find human has walked across the red sea before(the sea that moses went through)
Sea of Reeds, not the Red Sea.  Sorry.  Does it really matter since there is no evidence the story ever happened outside of the biblical writers' imagination?

God made woman with a rib of Adam/man and they found out that man has 1less rib than woman!
Do you verify anything your parents or pastors tell you?  You should try to be more skeptical and verify any information you are given.  

Incorrect.  Men and women have the same number of ribs.

http://www.bookrags.com/wiki/Human_rib_cage

Edit: spelling
« Last Edit: June 14, 2009, 10:58:57 AM by Dkit »
"The Bible is a Banquet table not a snack tray!" - Anonymous Facebook User

Offline Seank

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +0/-0
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2009, 09:22:49 AM »
Sea of Reeds, not the Red Sea.  Sorry.  Does it really matter since there is no evidence the story ever happened outside of the biblical writers' imagination?

Of course there's also the possibility that a real-life event was embellished. I think that particularly likely, since there's a serious lack of evidence for the events described in Exodus. I'm sure someone could find an amphora with something like "Jesus Christ, vitner", yet that wouldn't really be proof that a demi-god called Jesus was busy turning water in to wine.
Popeye (the sailor man)

Offline William

• Fellow
  • Darwins +92/-2
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2009, 09:27:30 AM »
Scientist originally believed that being in a whales stomach was impossible but there had been A FEW incidents that man survived after swallowed in whales stomach for days.

The source story for these "incidents" did not stand up too well to a bit of serious scrutiny:

The result of Davis's research was that he could not find any credible evidence to support the James Bartley story.
In fact, he found evidence which made the story seem more questionable.
He checked out a report that Bartley had been treated at a London hospital for the effects of the whale's gastric juices on his skin, but could not find any substantiation for it.
When he read through the documents about the particular voyage during which the alleged whale incident happened, James Bartley was not listed as a crew member.

More damaging to the story was a letter written by the wife of the captain of the 'Star of the East,' Mrs John Killam.
The contents of her letter were published in 1907 in 'The Expository Times' by a reader who had corresponded with Mrs Killam about the whale story.
She said, "There is not one word of truth to the whale story.  I was with my husband all the years he was in the Star of the East.  There was never a man lost overboard while my husband was with her.  The sailor has told a great sea yarn."

The story has been widely repeated by a number of conservative Christian writers, including Bernard Ramm, Harry Rimmer and the creationist Henry Morris; and also in the Tyndale Old Testament Commentary on Jonah and the IVP Bible Dictionary.
http://www.truthorfiction.com/rumors/n/newjonah.htm

Maybe the scientists were right after all  ;)  

Git mit uns

Offline hickdive

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +32/-0
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2009, 10:57:51 AM »
."religion without science is blind,science without religion is lame"-Albert Einstein..Albert Einstein personally knows that there is a God(you can google that)

I did google that, and look what I found...

http://pulltheplugonignorance.com/category/quote-mining/

Stupidity, unlike intelligence, has no limits.

Offline Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +298/-82
  • I'm on the road less traveled...
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2009, 03:02:58 PM »
Me commenting on anything you've stated would be wrong on so many levels. Though, I don't care about one's age on who I comment on (or speak to for that matter) you just seem a whole level of stupid I'm not wanting to deal with. So, have a good day.

-Nam
A god is like a rock: it does absolutely nothing until someone or something forces it to do something. The only capability the rock has is doing nothing until another force compels it physically to move.

The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously - Humphrey

Offline Seank

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +0/-0
« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2009, 05:02:10 PM »
I'd be very interested if the guy who sent this mail could possibly point me to text in any of Einstein's theories that are clearly originating or reliant on religious beliefs. I must have missed the  "E=God did it" equation.
Popeye (the sailor man)

Offline Emily

• Professor
  • Darwins +49/-0
« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2009, 05:38:15 PM »
Yeah, I wonder if he knows about the site Einstein and Religion.
http://www.einsteinandreligion.com/

Sure, Einstein may have said to believe in god, but it was more metaphorical than anything else.
"Great moments are born from great opportunities." Herb Brooks

I edit a lot of my posts. The reason being it to add content or to correct grammar/wording. All edits to remove wording get a strike through through the wording.

Offline Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +298/-82
  • I'm on the road less traveled...
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2009, 06:41:02 PM »
Yeah, I wonder if he knows about the site Einstein and Religion.
http://www.einsteinandreligion.com/

Sure, Einstein may have said to believe in god, but it was more metaphorical than anything else.

Doesn't matter. Once someone says anything in favor of their belief system, they use it as ammunition against the person who not only stated it but also those who admire the person for what they either have said in the past or their accomplishments.

Anything they can latch on to is to their advantage even if it's known by the vast majority of people of it not being either true or totally true.

-Nam
A god is like a rock: it does absolutely nothing until someone or something forces it to do something. The only capability the rock has is doing nothing until another force compels it physically to move.

The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously - Humphrey

Offline Hermes

• Professor
  • Darwins +2/-0
  • 1600 years of oppression ends; Zeus is worshiped.
« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2009, 08:21:12 PM »
ok lets begin

Now that you have some replies, do you have any answers?

I strongly suggest that you;

1. Acknowledge where you were mistaken (if anywhere).

2. Show how you were not mistaken (if anywhere).

3. Provide a response, or find someone who you trust to continue the conversation with us.  (If you find someone else, I suggest paying attention to the conversation.  You may find it enlightening.)
Smart people believe weird things because they are skilled at defending beliefs they arrived at for non-smart reasons. --Michael Shermer

The history of religion is a long attempt to reconcile old custom with new reason, to find a sound theory for an absurd practice.  --Sir James George Frazer