Author Topic: Why Won't Reasoning End P.P.I.R.E. [#1473]  (Read 794 times)

Offline DL

Why Won't Reasoning End P.P.I.R.E. [#1473]
« on: June 10, 2009, 05:38:15 AM »
Dear people,

Thank you for the great lessons and video that expose the filthy and
fiendish truth about especially the judocristoislamo god-rely-ons of the
western world order.

As a logical consequence all believe systems based on fear, deceit, faith,
infallible opinions are just another form of sustained stupidity.

My motivation to write you is my curiosity as to whether you have time to
think about the fact that up till now reasoning and advances in social,
political and philosophical discourse have not been able to eradicate
remnants of the degradation, destructions and death of the so-called slavery
i.e. the 500 seasons of slavery and colonialism (500SSC).

Next to being based on, some will say misreadings of the so-called sacred
texts it took laws, war and european agreements, among their nations, to
maximize the return on investments in those fiendish endeavours. These were
further cemented by the conviction that My Forbears were not HUMANS.

While it is pretty easy to prove / establish the stupidity of god-rely-on
belief systems, the same logic fails when dealing with the ramifications of
the so-called slavery and colonial 500 seasons. As matter of fact, due to
the tremendous abuse endured by my African Forbears ‘we have more reasons
than the arabs, and jews to either strep ourselves up with bombs and blow up
some sites all over this western hemisphere and practice genocide on
europeans … but as Azania (South Africa) and her original African peoples
have shown we kept appealing to the europeans humanity.

So I repeat is there a reasoning equivalent to yours to show the stupidity
of 500SSC?

With regards,
[name]

Offline Cycle4Fun

• Reader
  • Darwins +2/-0
Re: Why Won't Reasoning End P.P.I.R.E. [#1473]
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2009, 07:56:08 AM »
It's not nice to treat other people like you don't think they want to be treated.  When you treat others that way it usually creates a hostile environment.  Isn't this common sense?

Also, there is no need to attempt to type like you live in the 17th century to make you look smart.  Common vernacular is more than adequate.
How do you define soul?
"A baseless assertion by simple-minded, superstitious individuals"
   -Starstuff

Offline kin hell

• Professor
  • Darwins +152/-7
  • - .... . .-. . /.. ... / -. --- / --. --- -.. ...
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2009, 09:11:37 AM »
It's not nice to treat other people like you don't think they want to be treated.  When you treat others that way it usually creates a hostile environment.  Isn't this common sense?

Also, there is no need to attempt to type like you live in the 17th century to make you look smart.  Common vernacular is more than adequate.

Common vernacular???  You really are a judgmental, hypocritical, condescending, wanker Cycle4Fun.
How about applying the easy simplistic wisdom of your throw away reply
It's not nice to treat other people like you don't think they want to be treated.  When you treat others that way it usually creates a hostile environment.
to your own behaviour regarding the OP's speech patterns.

It's not the first time you've attacked someone's style of writing, while not addressing the content of their post in any real or helpful way.

In view of your dismissive
Isn't this common sense?
I'd have hoped that you would practice what you preach.

I now realise when I called you a judgmental hypocritical, condescending, wanker, you probably couldn't hear me with your head stuck up your arse.
Please feel free to reply if you need me to repeat myself.
PS. I hope that meets your stringent common vernacular posturing.

Re: OP
I had nothing to do with the making of the videos or formulation of their content that you refer to.
I know little to nothing of the history and causes of slavery, and can offer none of your requested equivalent reasonings.
My simplistic thoughts have always been that humans do terrible evils to each other under any of a myriad of "reasons" all of them bankrupt of any real humanist consideration.
A friend told me there is only one real sin   "selfishness"  ...putting yourself before all others allows everyone else to be seen as somewhat less, and so allows any action to follow.
Some of the more chilling circumstances of the WW2 holocaust was the evidence of normal family lives being lived by the most spectacularly monstrous camp guards.
Is empathy a learned characteristic? It certainly seems as though hate can be.
Smarter people than I on this forum might have a logic stream that is something of what you are looking for.
Good luck.

« Last Edit: June 10, 2009, 09:22:05 AM by kin hell »
"...but on a lighter note, demons were driven from a pig today in Gloucester."  Bill Bailey

all edits are for spelling or grammar unless specified otherwise

Offline Cycle4Fun

• Reader
  • Darwins +2/-0
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2009, 10:25:22 AM »
An internet pissing contest!  I love these &)

It's not nice to treat other people like you don't think they want to be treated.  When you treat others that way it usually creates a hostile environment.  Isn't this common sense?

Also, there is no need to attempt to type like you live in the 17th century to make you look smart.  Common vernacular is more than adequate.

Common vernacular???  You really are a judgmental, hypocritical, condescending, wanker Cycle4Fun.
How about applying the easy simplistic wisdom of your throw away reply.

It's not the first time you've attacked someone's style of writing, while not addressing the content of their post in any real or helpful way.

In view of your dismissive [comment].

Let's do that.

But first, I really like British insults.  They are much more flavorful than American insults.  Maybe it's just because they are different.  Either way, I really like the word "wanker."  Even though I never use it myself.  It just has a nice ring to it.  Now to the actual post.

The first part of the Africans post (assumption based on language & the post itself) talks about the nice videos and leads up to his question.  This isn't important and doesn't really need to be addressed.  It isn't until the 5th paragraph that we get to the real question he is asking.  S/he repeats this question again in the 6th paragraph.

Quote from: Some person from Africa.  Go you!
So I repeat is there a reasoning equivalent to yours to show the stupidity of 500SSC?

I'm not quite sure what 500SSC is, but I'm going to assume slavery/colonialism of the 18th, 19th, and early 20th century.

Why yes, there is a reasoning that shows 500SSC was not the best thing (before) sliced bread.  It's rather simple and straightforward.  It's a reasoning and logic so profoundly simple nearly everyone on the planet has heard of it in one form or another.  Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.  I prefer the slightly better version of Don't treat others the way you think they don't want to be treated.  Try to determine how someone would like to be treated and then treat them that way.

I think that rather satisfactorily shows the stupidity of slavery and colonialism.

Now, on to my comment on the posters use of language.  This seems to have gotten you all aflutter.  It has been my experience that when someone types a message in such a way as to sound like Charles Dickens, they do it for two reasons.

1.  They enjoy writing like Charles Dickens.  This is rare.  I've only seen one person who enjoys writing like Charles Dickens.  That would be forum member Infidel Muhammad.  It takes a long time to write like Charles Dickens and most people just don't find it that fun.  Because people don't like to write like Charles Dickens, this was the least likely of the two options I have come up with to write in such a manner.

2.  They want to appear smart and intellectual.  This is the far more common reason I've seen for people attempting to write like Mr. Dickens.  The attempt often backfires.  In addition, it makes it much harder to read and understand the point the post is trying to make.  An intelligent post is intelligent no matter the vernacular used.

I assumed the poster wrote like he did to make him appear more intelligent.  I assumed that the poster was intelligent and had a good education.  His grasp of english despite the appearance that english is not his native language makes this assumption a valid one.  I then applied my simple moral precept.

I assumed the poster wanted to be treated like an intelligent adult.  If I was an intelligent adult, I would want to be told when I was wasting my time attempting to write like Charles Dickens when much simpler language would suffice.  I would not get angry if someone told me there was no need to sound intelligent.  If your post is intelligent it will come through in much simpler language and likely have a broader impact.

And so, I treated the OP exactly like how I thought he would want to be treated.  I told him there was no need to write like Charles Dickens when common vernacular is more than enough.  I treated him like an intelligent adult.  Isn't that common sense?
How do you define soul?
   -Starstuff

Offline spacejunkie

« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2009, 01:47:38 PM »
Lively comments to be sure. The problem with all of this is that it is hard to argue with people who believe in the supernatural yet still deny that they do.

There's no hope in arguing with the insane...
 :o

Offline Ell Rokk Ell Shabaaz

« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2009, 09:50:38 PM »
An internet pissing contest!  I love these &)

How about applying the easy simplistic wisdom of your throw away reply.

In view of your dismissive [comment].

Let's do that.

But first, I really like British insults.  They are much more flavorful than American insults.  Maybe it's just because they are different.  Either way, I really like the word "wanker."  Even though I never use it myself.  It just has a nice ring to it.  Now to the actual post.

The first part of the Africans post (assumption based on language & the post itself) talks about the nice videos and leads up to his question.  This isn't important and doesn't really need to be addressed.  It isn't until the 5th paragraph that we get to the real question he is asking.  S/he repeats this question again in the 6th paragraph.

Quote from: Some person from Africa.  Go you!
So I repeat is there a reasoning equivalent to yours to show the stupidity of 500SSC?

I'm not quite sure what 500SSC is, but I'm going to assume slavery/colonialism of the 18th, 19th, and early 20th century.

Why yes, there is a reasoning that shows 500SSC was not the best thing (before) sliced bread.  It's rather simple and straightforward.  It's a reasoning and logic so profoundly simple nearly everyone on the planet has heard of it in one form or another.  Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.  I prefer the slightly better version of Don't treat others the way you think they don't want to be treated.  Try to determine how someone would like to be treated and then treat them that way.

I think that rather satisfactorily shows the stupidity of slavery and colonialism.

Now, on to my comment on the posters use of language.  This seems to have gotten you all aflutter.  It has been my experience that when someone types a message in such a way as to sound like Charles Dickens, they do it for two reasons.

1.  They enjoy writing like Charles Dickens.  This is rare.  I've only seen one person who enjoys writing like Charles Dickens.  That would be forum member Infidel Muhammad.  It takes a long time to write like Charles Dickens and most people just don't find it that fun.  Because people don't like to write like Charles Dickens, this was the least likely of the two options I have come up with to write in such a manner.

2.  They want to appear smart and intellectual.  This is the far more common reason I've seen for people attempting to write like Mr. Dickens.  The attempt often backfires.  In addition, it makes it much harder to read and understand the point the post is trying to make.  An intelligent post is intelligent no matter the vernacular used.

I assumed the poster wrote like he did to make him appear more intelligent.  I assumed that the poster was intelligent and had a good education.  His grasp of english despite the appearance that english is not his native language makes this assumption a valid one.  I then applied my simple moral precept.

I assumed the poster wanted to be treated like an intelligent adult.  If I was an intelligent adult, I would want to be told when I was wasting my time attempting to write like Charles Dickens when much simpler language would suffice.  I would not get angry if someone told me there was no need to sound intelligent.  If your post is intelligent it will come through in much simpler language and likely have a broader impact.

And so, I treated the OP exactly like how I thought he would want to be treated.  I told him there was no need to write like Charles Dickens when common vernacular is more than enough.  I treated him like an intelligent adult.  Isn't that common sense?

Thank you for replies and your analysis of my writing persona ... I must say your analysis is MASTER (in my language that is for GOOD). Only the Charles Dickens ???

Let me reformulate my question:

Why Won't Reasoning End Racism*?

My guess is, that it is because:

1. its logic is 'WAR'
2. its language is 'WAR'
3. its essence is 'WAR for SURVIVAL of SELF'

Thus in the words of Dr. L. Jeffries ... to cause '... domination, destruction and death'.

* Functional Racism, not stupid rant of the unsuspected victims the so-called white person (or European) and the African (be it in these Americas or the African Diaspora) Humans will al(l)ways react on each other and discriminate.

Peace

Ell Rokk Ell Shabaaz

Offline Pastafarian

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2009, 01:32:25 AM »
Just have to say it every chance I get: I'm an African and I'm white. The fact that black people are referred to as "Africans" or "African Americans" hints at the real root of racism and why reason WILL eradicate it.

Once upon a time some pink guys encountered some dark guys who, generally speaking, were less advanced (therefore easily exploitable by unscrupulous pinkies), violent in their dealings with the pinkies (I dunno why, but it's still happening here. The dark people where I live tend to go to violence before reasonable discussion and take care of crime in "their" neighborhoods themselves if the police are not present, and by "take care of" I mean beating the shit out of the accused, or killing him/her) and in order to expand their empire they oppressed these darker people.

As it stands at this point in time racist (for gods sake we're all the human race. "ethnicism" would be much better) behaviour is widely frowned upon and our prejudices are slowly being removed from our collective consciousness as the world becomes smaller through techmology and all people colors get closer to a higher level of education, techmology, skill etc...

But if you read nothing else I write, read this:  predictably, I am now a victim of racism in South Africa. I am not at all biased against darker skinned people of my race but many of my fellow countrymen and race hate me because of what happened before I was born. My point? Thanks to reason, I understand their feelings of resentment and out-of-hand judging of me as a "racist" . I have been called a racist twice this week. Once for complaining about my neighbour's banging on pipes at 10:30 pm-he accused me of not willing to accept "the change" in my country, change I was born into- and once for asking a driver why he was going the wrong way up a very busy street- I literally said "what are you doing?" to which he replied " ag, you're just racist".

But if I can figure this out then I know others are too. Just you wait, "racism", just like religion, is dying out thanks to reason.

Don't pin that on jesus! He has enough nail holes as it is - House

Offline MrFriday

• 100% Superstition Free
  • Reader
  • Darwins +3/-0
    • To Question God
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2009, 01:53:29 AM »
Racism is certainly abhorrant. So is slavery. So is misogyny. So is Fascism. So is Totalitarianism.....
Throughout history and in every region of the world, some people have been oppressed, displaced and deprived of life and liberty by others for their own purposes. I don't think there is any group of people who can look into their past without finding a time when their people were on each side of the problem.

I agree with Pastafarian, reason is the way out. I would like to share his optimism and maybe if he can feel that way with what he goes through then I can as well.

I will say this: Violence against the descendants of those who abused your ancestors or those who simply look like those who abused your ancestors is not a response based on reason.
"Faith is believing in something you know isn't true" - Mark Twain

Offline Pastafarian

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +0/-0
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2009, 02:08:07 AM »
I will say this: Violence against the descendants of those who abused your ancestors or those who simply look like those who abused your ancestors is not a response based on reason.

Too true. And cause for some apprehension as there are plenty of unreasonable/uneducated/mentally deficient knuckle-draggers trundling around (or grasping a rugby ball- ha ha, the irony! If there's one group of people I dislike it's the Afrikaaner. Though my wife is one and I love her) but they'll go the way of the anti-gay zeitgeist that dominated before the current sentiment. Reasonable people will outnumber them and they will have to fall in line. I hope :)

Offline Timtheskeptic

• Reader
  • Darwins +20/-1
  • atheist and loving it
    • atheist blogspot
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2009, 02:35:51 AM »
SO, SO, SO, true! I totally agree MrFriday
Me:What are you looking at Eminem?
Brother: Nothing, Harry Potter.

I love to read books, just not your Bible. i support gay rights and women's rights. Why? Because i'm tired of the hate, stupidity, and your desire to control us all and make up lies.

Offline kin hell

• Professor
  • Darwins +152/-7
  • - .... . .-. . /.. ... / -. --- / --. --- -.. ...
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2009, 02:39:29 AM »
OK Cycle4Fun

I hear you.
I accept that you intended no more than to help a person out.
I made an elementary internet error and misread your tone/intent. Thus making assumptions.
The resulting Australian vernacular was based on those assumptions.

It was your use of the words  "to make you look smart" which triggered my response, as those words seemed to have no possible intent (or basis of inclusion) other than the display of the characteristics of which I have subsequently accused you.

"...but on a lighter note, demons were driven from a pig today in Gloucester."  Bill Bailey

all edits are for spelling or grammar unless specified otherwise

Offline Cycle4Fun

• Reader
  • Darwins +2/-0
« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2009, 10:58:39 AM »
OK Cycle4Fun

I hear you.
I accept that you intended no more than to help a person out.
I made an elementary internet error and misread your tone/intent. Thus making assumptions.
The resulting Australian vernacular was based on those assumptions.

It was your use of the words  "to make you look smart" which triggered my response, as those words seemed to have no possible intent (or basis of inclusion) other than the display of the characteristics of which I have subsequently accused you.

No problem.  Most people aren't used to be treated like adults.  We live in a politically correct world where it is often not OK to have a reasonable discussion.  I took no offense in your comment because I understood why you made that comment.  I simply wanted to explain myself.

I didn't know Aussies used wanker.  Are there any other insults I would find amusing?  Wikipedia tells me it is synonymous with "tosser."  I understand the general term wanker means one who masturbates (who doesn't?).  A surprising synonym is tosser.
How do you define soul?
   -Starstuff

Offline Pastafarian

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +0/-0
« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2009, 11:06:39 AM »
Ja, you "toss off".

I guess the American equivalent is jerk off, right?

Offline Cycle4Fun

• Reader
  • Darwins +2/-0
« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2009, 11:09:25 AM »
Thank you for replies and your analysis of my writing persona ... I must say your analysis is MASTER (in my language that is for GOOD). Only the Charles Dickens ???

Charles Dickens is one of the great novelists of the 19th century.  His writing style, according to Wikipedia, is "florid and poetic with a strong comic touch."

Why Won't Reasoning End Racism*?

My guess is, that it is because:

1. its logic is 'WAR'
2. its language is 'WAR'
3. its essence is 'WAR for SURVIVAL of SELF'

Thus in the words of Dr. L. Jeffries ... to cause '... domination, destruction and death'.

Reason hasn't ended racism for the same reason it hasn't ended imaginary friends for grown ups.  I think it is easier to change racist beliefs than religious beliefs (pure guess).

Beliefs taught at a young age are much harder to overthrow than beliefs learned when you are older.  Children take everything an adult tells them as truth.  It's a good evolutionary survival strategy.  When mommy tells you not to go into the water because there are scary monsters in the water you don't get eaten.  Perhaps some people find comfort in a feeling of superiority over those different than them.  I don't really now.

Peace

Ell Rokk Ell Shabaaz
I like the way that flows.
How do you define soul?
   -Starstuff

Offline Cycle4Fun

• Reader
  • Darwins +2/-0
« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2009, 11:10:54 AM »
Ja, you "toss off".

I guess the American equivalent is jerk off, right?

Yep.  It doesn't have the same ring to it as wanker or tosser to me.  Probably just because it's different.
How do you define soul?
   -Starstuff

Offline Cycle4Fun

• Reader
  • Darwins +2/-0
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2009, 11:15:22 AM »
This is a decent example of 19th century writing style.  Notice the third sentence.  It's about twice as long as it needs to be.  I love reading stuff like this, as Infidel's parody is a combination of 19th century writing and crazy guy.  It tends to be pretty humorous to read.

'Tis not a sad story. By what contortions of the mind have you arrived at such a view? 'Tis meritorious, for the Jewish cabal are implacable foes of Liberty, of the free human spirit, commanding vast financial institutions with political hegemony in mind. Observe how they eat Arab babies, drown small puppies, break wind in cathedrals and drive whole economies into recession.

The pesky Jews!

For these we should weep?

To hell with them. May thirty Devils take them. The Koran forewarns us of their nefarious schemes:

"O you who believe! do not take the Jews and the Christians for friends."  (Koran 51:5)
How do you define soul?
   -Starstuff

« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2009, 06:35:59 PM »
Just have to say it every chance I get: I'm an African and I'm white. The fact that black people are referred to as "Africans" or "African Americans" hints at the real root of racism and why reason WILL eradicate it.

Thanks for reply and experience.

Ell Rokk

« Reply #17 on: June 12, 2009, 06:47:01 PM »
Lively comments to be sure. The problem with all of this is that it is hard to argue with people who believe in the supernatural yet still deny that they do.

There's no hope in arguing with the insane...
 :o

Thanks for your remark.
It is kind of strange for one to believe in the supernatural and not see or understand that they might well believe in Casper the friendly geist.

It might well be that the denotation 'supernatural' is not the Right one. Compare that with calling a person atheist. This last labling harbour a contradiction for ... obvious reasons.

Stay Strong,

Ell Rokk Ell Shabaaz

« Reply #18 on: June 12, 2009, 07:14:32 PM »
Racism is certainly abhorrant. So is slavery. So is misogyny. So is Fascism. So is Totalitarianism.....
Throughout history and in every region of the world, some people have been oppressed, displaced and deprived of life and liberty by others for their own purposes. I don't think there is any group of people who can look into their past without finding a time when their people were on each side of the problem.

I agree with Pastafarian, reason is the way out. I would like to share his optimism and maybe if he can feel that way with what he goes through then I can as well.

Thank you for your words ... and still (lots of questions)

During my sojourn in Holland I have met Europeans who are Free from and Enslaved by rational of their nations past in the destruction of Africa and Her Sons and Druthers. Ever 5th of December that legacy is invoked by a fiesta that they call 'Sinterklaas en Zwarte Piet' (you will find allot on this on YouTube.)

Despite this fact and many more I won't .allude to the Idea that every European is Enslaved by this tradition of Dominion, Distruction and Death.

Let me know focus on the Free Europeans.

I do not think that reasoning freed them, IT WAS PURE MATHEMATICS (hnng?) Yes, engaging in productive, creative and 'real' human activeties  was the answere.

Ell Rokk Ell Shabaaz

Offline MrFriday

• 100% Superstition Free
  • Reader
  • Darwins +3/-0
    • To Question God
« Reply #19 on: June 12, 2009, 07:19:56 PM »
I won't .allude to the Idea that every European is Enslaved by this tradition of Dominion, Distruction and Death.
Right. Because absolutes are the refuge of the ignorant.
"Faith is believing in something you know isn't true" - Mark Twain