Author Topic: Answer to your question [#1464]  (Read 871 times)

Offline DL

Answer to your question [#1464]
« on: June 06, 2009, 07:33:50 PM »
Hello sir/madam,

It is completely understandable from a ignorant point of view why you would ask this
question and deem God to be imaginary.  I do not e-mail you to create an argument
but rather to share.  I understand if you don't believe in God because you don't
believe in having faith.  You don't understand the power of true love and you don't
understand the power and reason for prayer.  I notice that you read the bible but do
not believe it, but I will go ahead and tickle your fancy anyway.  The Bible tells
me that we(Christians) overcome by the blood of the Lamb (Jesus) and the word of our
testimony.

I am a living testimony of God and Jesus Christ.  This relationship has changed my
life, only for the better.  I am not surprised by those of you who desire to ask all
of these questions of God.  And even as a Christians, these are questions I would
love to ask as well when I go to heaven because I have accepted Jesus Christ as my
Savior.  You see, the argument does not lie in all of these minor things that you
ask, but rather in the fact that my life was horrible as a child.  I was abused
physically and emotionally.  Of course, some nights I cried myself to sleep asking
God why, why me?  Why did you allow me to get abused God, why did you deprive me of
love as a child allow me and grow up as an emotional wreck?  Why me God?  And I had
to look at the truth that I went through ( did not stay in).  I know that I could
have been a child thrown away in a dumpster or aborted like so many others, but I am
here and I have a testimony. The
 typical hard knocks testimony of being birthed to a crackhead and then sent into
the adoption system only to be abused.

I could tell you that I am bitter today, but I am not and it is not because God was
imaginary to me but because I trusted Him to take care of me everyday ( good and
bad).  I now live my life as a pure thank you for God keeping me alive, blessing me
with favor to graduate from a big ten college and being in a emotional roller coster
free marriage today ( because we use the Bible as a guide for our marriage).  I do
not know what has lead you to this place in your life, but I know that it has been
the grace and favor of Jesus Christ that has lead me to inspire and encourage others
to stand strong and trust in the one who created you.  The Bible tells us that the
rain falls on the just as well as the unjust, I know life will not be a bed of roses
just because I proclaimed Jesus, but a few things I do know is that I won't be sorry
when He comes to get me, I won't be afraid, I will be happy to see Jesus and know
that I gave my life to Him as a thank you
 for giving me life.

You are welcome to speculate and criticize, we can all do it to each other, but who
is it hurting and who is it helping?  I want to ask God why did He make mosquitoes
or why did he allow certain things to happen.  You think Christians don't have these
questions?  We are all human, but the difference between you and I is that I have
eternal life with my questions and you just have questions.  I know living a life
that says that there is a God, a Holy spirit and Christ may be hard to believe in
your eyes, but it is not hard to me and not because God is imaginary to me , but
because He is REAL to me.  He is the reason that you and I are able to have the
opportunity to share information with one another.  He is the reason why you are
able to wake up everyday feeling the way you feel about Him.

No doubt, you are still not convinced, but I just wanted to share with you why I
believe and there are so many other testimonies out there just like mine or even
greater, even miraculous.

Take care brother/sister.

In Christ, [name]

Offline Ananukia

• Reader
  • Darwins +0/-0
  • I wear no mask.
Re: Answer to your question [#1464]
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2009, 08:01:55 PM »
Love is a human construct, not a supernatural one.

We just call certain emotions by different names.
        Songs that the Hyades shall sing,
    Where flap the tatters of the King,
    Must die unheard in

Dim Carcosa.

Offline bgb

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +8/-0
  • That felt great.
    • BGBART SHIRTS AND GIFTS
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2009, 08:16:31 PM »
Your god is full of love.  Read Joshua.
The whole point of science is that most of it is uncertain. That's why science is exciting--because we don't know. Science is all about things we don't understand. The public, of course, imagines science is just a set of facts. But it's not.  Freeman Dyson

Offline deconvertedone

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +1/-0
  • My dog isn't an atheist, he thinks I'm God.
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2009, 09:15:48 PM »
Perhaps if the Bible was the inerrant word of God, (which it is not) then I might believe you.   God couldn't even preserve the accuracy of his holy word down through the ages.  God did not create man, man created god.

But, thank you for sharing anyway.
The memory of my own suffering has prevented me from ever shadowing one young soul with the superstition of the Christian religion.
Elizabeth Cady Stanton

Online Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +298/-82
  • I'm on the road less traveled...
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2009, 02:50:58 AM »
It is completely understandable from a ignorant point of view why you would ask this
question and deem God to be imaginary.  I do not e-mail you to create an argument
but rather to share.

You do not wish to argue but you imply we are all ignorant since our point-of-view is skewered? Not helping your case there.

You don't understand the power of true love and you don't
understand the power and reason for prayer.

What an assumption. This tells me, one can only feel true love if it's with Jesus/God. How sad this is.

You see, the argument does not lie in all of these minor things that you
ask, but rather in the fact that my life was horrible as a child.

My life was horrible as a child. Sure, I had a few happy memories but they were rare.

I was abused physically and emotionally.

So was I. I've spoken about in to people on this website. Not the most abusive things that have happened to me but those things on the surface that are easier to speak about.

Of course, some nights I cried myself to sleep asking God why, why me?

Me, too! I never got an answer -- I highly doubt you did either.

Why did you allow me to get abused God, why did you deprive me of
love as a child allow me and grow up as an emotional wreck?  Why me God?  And I had
to look at the truth that I went through ( did not stay in).

That is was your fault? Is this what you're going to say? 'Cause if it is, you're mental. Oh, no it's better:

I know that I could have been a child thrown away in a dumpster or aborted like so many others, but I am here and I have a testimony.

I guess all those times you never wished you were dead? I guess you weren't really that abused, 'cause I used to wish I was dead. Those that went through the same abuse as I did all wished they were dead, some of them are dead because they killed themselves. I guess we aren't on the same level of abused. You must be on the surface abused (the easier things to speak about) rather than on the bottom, where I, and quite a few others were.

That last line, oh, that did it for me. That proves to me you're either purely full of shit (the crack line) or you're telling half-truths. You could be telling the entire truth but the fact that you never wished you were dead is really quite unbelievable; unless the emotional and physical abuse you went through was minor. Was it minor? Was it just spankings from time to time, and you not getting what you wanted?

It's not like there aren't people who will lie about being abused, I've seen so many lie about it just so they can "save people from their horror". Typical b.s. if you ask me.

-Nam
A god is like a rock: it does absolutely nothing until someone or something forces it to do something. The only capability the rock has is doing nothing until another force compels it physically to move.

The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously - Humphrey

Online Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +298/-82
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2009, 11:57:37 AM »
I do not like getting private messages in response to a topic. If the poster of the above wishes to respond to people, they should do it here, and so, I am posting their comment from this topic here, if administration has a problem with this: then delete the comment but I dislike being answered privately, especially when it's concerned to something I wrote on a topic. They joined to message, apparently, those of us who responded, which is fine but do it on topic:

"Hello Nam,

I did get a chance to read your response from the forum and I want to commend you on your attention to detail.  You have some valid points.  I really do not want to argue, I just want to share the reason I believe in God.  To your point that maybe I was not abused as bad as you.... I have had my face stomped on, my head banged against a wall on a regular basis, whipped with extension cords and so on and so on and I was born to a mother who was a crack addict, that is why I was placed in the foster care system, because she left me in our house for three days and did not come back for me.  I had to bust a window out and scream for help before the neighbors called to police who were able to slide me through the rot iron bars of the front door in order to get me out of the house.  I don't always tell the details because I know that there are some people who need to hear it and some people who don't.  There have been times were I just wanted to go to sleep and never wake up, but I never wanted to take my own life.  It s funny that you say I may have been one of those children that did cried just because I did not get what I wanted.  I used to wish that was the case (lol), but it wasn't for me and hope you respect my story (the parts that I have shared with you) as much as I would respect yours.

It has been a blessing to have such a testimony (that I am not were I used to me, mentally, physically or emotionally) and do not think it any of it is my fault.  I have been blessed to recently reunite with my biological mother after 23 years and attend family reunions that I never attended before and go to family gatherings that I never experienced before.  God has truly blessed me.  I know I did not ask for the life I received as a child, but I can truly say that because of a relationship with God/Jesus I am not bitter or angry.  When I reunited with my mother and my family, i did not need to know "why", I was just grateful that my prayers were answered; to know where I come from, my history, who is my family?

I just want to be a blessing to others who may be hurting and encourage them to be successful members of society without a bitter heart full of resentment or shame.

I am truly sorry that you went through abuse as a child and I hope that you find true love one day to be set free from any hurt or shame that you may still feel ( if that id what you need at this point).  I really appreciate your reply and helping me to see where I could have said some things differently.  Sometimes, you never know how things may be received by others.  Smiley

Take Care,
In Christ- Grateful"
A god is like a rock: it does absolutely nothing until someone or something forces it to do something. The only capability the rock has is doing nothing until another force compels it physically to move.

The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously - Humphrey

Offline GotMooo

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2009, 08:50:55 PM »
Quote from: Nam
It's not like there aren't people who will lie about being abused, I've seen so many lie about it just so they can "save people from their horror". Typical b.s. if you ask me.

Christians are taught to lie.  Paul encouraged Christians to do whatever it takes to prove he's the light and the way.

Offline GotMooo

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +0/-0
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2009, 08:54:31 PM »
God has truly blessed me.  I know I did not ask for the life I received as a child, but I can truly say that because of a relationship with God/Jesus I am not bitter or angry.

What did you do to get results with your deity?

Offline Grateful

« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2009, 10:56:19 PM »
I trusted that God would take care of me, no matter what.  I trusted that whether I was reunited with my family or not, that He is still God and I won't worry.  I continued to stay positive, knowing the "God has my back", so to speak :-) Since, I did not have a father figure in my life ( the adopted father I had lived in the attic).  I began a relationship with God as my father and trusted Him to take care of me and being grateful for the sacrifice that His Son Jesus made for me so that I can live with grace and mercy and a relationship with God and not just a "religion".

Grateful

Offline none

• Fellow
  • Darwins +11/-4
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2009, 10:58:11 PM »
welcome Grateful, have a nice stay.

Offline Irish

• Fellow
  • Darwins +18/-0
  • Moraxella catarrhalis on BA
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2009, 11:03:06 PM »
Grateful,

Do you think it would be possible/not possible for a person to have a personal relationship with Zeus?  Why or why not?
La scienze non ha nemici ma gli ignoranti.

Offline Grateful

« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2009, 11:07:42 PM »
Personal relationship with Zues? Why Zues?  Why would you ask?

Offline Irish

• Fellow
  • Darwins +18/-0
  • Moraxella catarrhalis on BA
« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2009, 11:38:35 PM »
You claim to have a personal relationship with a deity.  Is it possible for other people to have personal relationships with other deities?  You can use any other deity of your choosing... I just chose Zeus randomly.
La scienze non ha nemici ma gli ignoranti.

Offline Grateful

« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2009, 07:49:05 PM »
This is a very good question.  Many people can have relationships with any beings that they desire to have a relationship with.  My relationship with God is a relationship built upon respect, trust, ability(on God's part) and love.  I am sure there are many other factors to our relationship (all good).  It would not be effective or beneficial to have a relationship with "Zeus", in my opinion, because he does not have the abilities that I have seen and know that God/Jesus has dispayed throughout time, including in my life. It is not a relationship with Zeus that has proven itself in my life.  It seems that the question of Gods existence in relation with the existence of other gods is a hot topic.  What is your opinion.

Online Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +298/-82
« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2009, 08:00:54 PM »
What abilities have you seen Zeus have?

-Nam

Offline Hermes

• Professor
  • Darwins +2/-0
  • 1600 years of oppression ends; Zeus is worshiped.
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2009, 08:11:39 PM »
It is not a relationship with Zeus that has proven itself in my life.

Nor your deity with me.
Smart people believe weird things because they are skilled at defending beliefs they arrived at for non-smart reasons. --Michael Shermer

The history of religion is a long attempt to reconcile old custom with new reason, to find a sound theory for an absurd practice.  --Sir James George Frazer

Offline Odin

• Reader
  • Darwins +13/-2
« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2009, 08:26:45 PM »
...My relationship with God is a relationship built upon respect, trust, ability(on God's part) and love.  I am sure there are many other factors to our relationship (all good).

I am curious about your relationship with god.  I assume you talk to god.  Does god talk back?  And if so, how do you hear god? 

If no talking back by god, how do you know you are in a two-way relationship?

You might not believe a relationship with Zeus is beneficial, or even possible, but you could absolutely have a personal relationship with...

...Odin, King of the Gods

Offline Pastafarian

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +0/-0
« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2009, 02:00:01 AM »
I had a relationship with what I thought was god.
My dad was also absent and this was a constant source of pain in my life so I remember clearly latching onto biblegod as my dad, in my mind.

He spoke to me through thoughts, feelings of warmth and acceptance and love. Once it felt like he stuck his hand in my body and held my heart.

It was a very painful, confusing, emotional and disturbed time in my life (my teen years with some drugs mixed in).

One day, when I was in my early twenties, I literally decided not to let my dad rule my emotions and I decided I was going to be happy with what I have.
Slowly, as I realised I am actually OK and don't need a binkie anymore, I started to question things about daddy god (he was my dad). How could a father torture his child, for whatever reason, for eternity? To what end? why, as I began to ask more questions, did he lose power in equal measure to by rising doubt? "Zeitgeist" opened my eyes to the possibility I had swallowed an imaginary friend and this site helped me see it clearly.

Good luck Grateful, either way you'll be OK :)
Don't pin that on jesus! He has enough nail holes as it is - House

Offline MrFriday

• 100% Superstition Free
  • Reader
  • Darwins +3/-0
    • To Question God
« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2009, 03:51:58 AM »
There must be something wrong with me. I read all through that and all that came to me was that this God is an "Indian Giver."[1]

God gave you life and he wanted it back.

Not much of a gift, is it?

And I liked that other question GotMooo asked.
"What did you do to get results with your deity?"

I think my deity is broken. It doesn't seem to be working. Maybe it's running a little slow.
 1. I know it's an insensitive expression. I learned it as a kid. So sue me.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2009, 03:54:09 AM by MrFriday »
"Faith is believing in something you know isn't true" - Mark Twain

Online Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +298/-82
« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2009, 07:32:28 AM »
Quote from: MrFriday
[footnote]I know it's an insensitive expression. I learned it as a kid. So sue me.

You learned to be a Christian as a kid, too, but you got rid of that negativity, no?

-Nam

Offline screwtape

• The Great Red Dragon
  • Administrator
  • Darwins +646/-27
  • Karma mooch
« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2009, 07:53:10 AM »
It would not be effective or beneficial to have a relationship with "Zeus", in my opinion, because he does not have the abilities that I have seen and know that God/Jesus has dispayed throughout time, including in my life. It is not a relationship with Zeus that has proven itself in my life.  It seems that the question of Gods existence in relation with the existence of other gods is a hot topic.  What is your opinion.

What did god do for you?  In what way has jesus-H displayed himself to you?  Did he take you out for a milkshake?  Did he play catch with you?  Did he teach you how to drive a stick-shift when you were 16?  Or was god more subtle?  Did god "do" things that could have been explained in other ways?  Did god give you "feelings"?  Did you have to search and interpret omens and portents?

You see, one way god does things that are tangible and actual, like a real person.  The other way, it is all just in your head.
Links:
Rules
Guides & Tutorials

What's true is already so. Owning up to it does not make it worse.

Offline MrFriday

• 100% Superstition Free
  • Reader
  • Darwins +3/-0
    • To Question God
« Reply #21 on: June 11, 2009, 09:19:41 AM »
[footnote]I know it's an insensitive expression. I learned it as a kid. So sue me.

You learned to be a Christian as a kid, too, but you got rid of that negativity, no?

-Nam

OK smart guy. What is the PC way to say Indian Giver?

Offline Dragnet

• Reader
  • Darwins +0/-0
  • iustus res "We just want the facts"
« Reply #22 on: June 11, 2009, 10:46:00 AM »

-Nam

I think if you look at the history of the term. It is derogative to the Whites.
They were the ones that gave to the Native Americans then took it back hence the term Indian Giver...
I am responsible with my actions NOW so I don't HAVE to be responsible for them later.

Online Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +298/-82
« Reply #23 on: June 11, 2009, 11:24:57 AM »

"asshole" and/or "idiot" always works for me.

;)

-Nam

Offline Grateful

« Reply #24 on: June 11, 2009, 04:50:29 PM »
Wow.  You all are getting really negative with this thing.  I enjoyed my time here sharing why I believe in God.  There were several questions posed to me as to whether I know of the capabilities of Zeus or did God take me out for a milkshake and I think you all who asked these questions already know the answers :-).  I am happy to know that God speaks to me through the Word of God and because I have the Holy Spirit which helps me to communicate with God.  I tell people all the time, when I feel "peace"  I know it is the right way to go.  I will not believe that God has not saved me or changed my life and blessed me to come out of my bad situation with a testimony that depending on God has been a blessing to me.  Of course God physically never took me out for a milkshake, but He has blessed me with a job to be able to buy a milkshake if I would like to do so.

I know that God is not imaginary or a blankie for me, but a real spiritual father who has taken care of me and who has been there to comfort me every step of the way.  I can understand all of your points and I am still Grateful :-)  I attended church as a child, without my mother or father, they would make us(sisters and I) walk to the church at the corner by ourselves and although I came back to a home that completely contradicted that Bible.  I read the Word of God for myself and I will be honest with you all, there are some things I do not have an answer to regarding why God did some of the things He has done, but in many instances I do have an answer and this makes me trust God.  I know there are many questions asking if God exist, why is there poverty, why is there killing, why did He allow Satan to come into the Earth as the Bible says?  Why would He allow such innocent people to be killed? And I can tell you that I do not have an answer to all of these questions and neither do you, but I realize that people have the capability of being evil and ungrateful beings.  God wants me to willingly choose and not be a brainwashed robot that lives in this fantasy world as though people are not capable of doing evil things or pumping tons of hormones and horrible things into our food to cause diseases and sicknesses that we do not ask for.

I have chosen to live by the statues of God and love my neighbor, this includes all of you who may be opposed to my relationship with the Only true God.  And I sincerely apologize for all of the bad representations of Christians that you have experienced throughout your life, all of those who say they are following Christ and we( you and I) can clearly see that this is not the case.  However, I strive to be a true example and hold on to the truth of the Bible and hold on to the things that have caused me to believe.  This may be my last entry and I can truly say that I have learned allot from you all and this site.  I joined this site because I know why I believe in God, but I wanted to know why do others "NOT" believe and what is their argument or rational and can I be a light and an example in anyway to help them to see that all Christians are not "taught to lie" "have a blankie called God" or are just believing in something for comfort.  I am in love with the One who created me and the One that I believe created you all as well.

I appreciate all of your comments and your challenging questions :-) Boy, you all can be tough and I know that you all haven't even scratched the surface with me, but take care and know that I am always Grateful :-)

Online Boots

• Reader
  • Darwins +95/-0
  • Living the Dream
« Reply #25 on: June 11, 2009, 05:36:49 PM »
I am happy to know that God speaks to me through the Word of God and because I have the Holy Spirit which helps me to communicate with God.  I tell people all the time, when I feel "peace"  I know it is the right way to go.  I will not believe that God has not saved me or changed my life and blessed me to come out of my bad situation with a testimony that depending on God has been a blessing to me.  Of course God physically never took me out for a milkshake, but He has blessed me with a job to be able to buy a milkshake if I would like to do so.

I know that God is not imaginary or a blankie for me, but a real spiritual father who has taken care of me and who has been there to comfort me every step of the way. 

Grateful,
did you ever watch Star Trek: The Next Generation?  Ever see the episode "The Devil's Due?"  Where a fraud tries to take advantage of a planet's mythology claiming that a devil-figure saved the planet a thousand years prior?

You're sounding just like the planet's population in the trail--where Picard is asking how Ardra (the Devil figure) actually helped *do* anything: "Did she institute irrigation? stop wars? teach peace?" the answer was always "no, it was us doing it" but they still believed.

You need more faith--in yourself.  Everything you've accomplished, YOU'VE accomplished.  Don't sell yourself short by saying god did it for you.

And if you stop and look truthfully at the world and the way it works, you'll realize that it behaves exactly as if there is no god.
* Religion: institutionalized superstition, period.

"Many of my ultra-conservative Republican friends...have trouble accepting the idea God is not a Republican. " ~OldChurchGuy

"We humans may never figure out the truth, but I prefer trying to find it over pretending we know it."  ~ParkingPlaces

Offline MrFriday

• 100% Superstition Free
  • Reader
  • Darwins +3/-0
    • To Question God
« Reply #26 on: June 11, 2009, 05:40:30 PM »
This is the level of delusion we're up against. People like this are absolutely certain that the Bible is the word of an all-knowing, perfect God but most of the time they have never even read the whole thing. They've never wondered why it says so many contradictory and completely false things. They never even check with historians to see if there is any reason to accept it as anything but a story. They ignore the archaeological and historic evidence that contradicts it. They don't ever wonder why there are thousands of historical source documents from 1st Century Judea but not a single one that even mentions Jesus.

They credit an imaginary God with things they have done themselves so blithely it will make your head spin. They see and hear things that aren't there. They talk in absolutes but don't ever check anything out.

At least this one doesn't sound dangerous to anyone but herself.

Offline Pastafarian

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +0/-0
« Reply #27 on: June 12, 2009, 05:11:18 AM »
...I can tell you that I do not have an answer to all of these questions and neither do you,

Watch this:

but I realize that people have the capability of being evil and ungrateful beings.

Ta da!

Why would dad send his child to hell? Easy, he doesn't because god is imaginary...
etc etc etc. The only answer that fits all the tough questions about god is a very difficult pill to swallow and bitter at first but goodness! the freedom and joy you will experience once free to trust in yourself a lot more, to know your own power and the power of community. Good luck

also grateful.
Don't pin that on jesus! He has enough nail holes as it is - House

Offline screwtape

• The Great Red Dragon
  • Administrator
  • Darwins +646/-27
  • Karma mooch
« Reply #28 on: June 12, 2009, 07:45:58 AM »
I am happy to know that God speaks to me through the Word of God and because I have the Holy Spirit which helps me to communicate with God. 

I don't know how much philosophy you have had.  But there was once a philosopher and mathematician named Rene Desartes.  Even though he was French, he was a brilliant guy and even if you do not know it, his influence on your life has been enormous.  I am sure you have heard the phrase "I think, therefor I am".  That was Descartes. That phrase was actually the conclusion to a long argument he laid out about what can actually (with epistemic certainty) be known.  He pointed out that our senses could be faulty or we could be dreaming or we could be deceived by a powerful supernatural being - he called it a demon. 

My point here is not to introduce you to existentialism.  It is to demonstrate that frequently what we thing we are experiencing is not what we are experiencing.  So, could you not be mistaken about having the holy spirit?  How do you know?  Of course you believe it.  But that does not mean anything to me, and it should mean nothing to you.  "I just believe it" is not acceptable. How do you know?

I tell people all the time, when I feel "peace"  I know it is the right way to go. 

That is dangerous.  Ron and Dan Lafferty felt the same way.  They believed god told them to kill the wife and 18 month old daughter of their brother Allen.  When they received their "prophecy", they felt quiet and at peace.  God has probably not told you to kill anyone, though it might.  Were they mistaken or did god really command them to kill?  How do you know?  How can someone tell the difference between your communication with god and theirs?

I will not believe that God has not saved me or changed my life and blessed me to come out of my bad situation

Then you have come to your conclusion before even asking the questions. That is a bad way to find truth.

He has blessed me with a job to be able to buy a milkshake if I would like to do so.

Why do you think god blessed you with a job?  Who signs the checks?  Does god do everything for you?  Does god tie your shoes?  Is there anything god does not do?

I know that God is not imaginary or a blankie for me,

No, you do not know that.  You think that.  You believe that. But you do not know it.

I read the Word of God for myself and I will be honest with you all, there are some things I do not have an answer to regarding why God did some of the things He has done, but in many instances I do have an answer and this makes me trust God.  I know there are many questions asking if God exist, why is there poverty, why is there killing, why did He allow Satan to come into the Earth as the Bible says?  Why would He allow such innocent people to be killed? And I can tell you that I do not have an answer to all of these questions and neither do you,

Actually, I do.  It is the simplest, most straight forward answer.  Are you ready?  Here it is: there is no god.  The whole thing is made up.  There you go.  That explains it all.

God wants me to willingly choose

Choose what?  Why does god want you to choose?  Why does that matter?

I joined this site because I know why I believe in God,

It does not sound like you do.
Links:
Rules
Guides & Tutorials

What's true is already so. Owning up to it does not make it worse.