Author Topic: hey [#1458]  (Read 709 times)

Offline DL

hey [#1458]
« on: June 06, 2009, 12:52:16 PM »

Im 19 years old and serving in the US Army. Im Agnostic jus to the fact that i think something out there affects us... And trust me im not saying God lol... i just watched your milk jug illusion. Thank you. i try to argue to everyone around me that exact concept but it never works. I have a good chance of dying for my country but i hate the thought of such a huge mass of "children" can be talked into beliveing such things. I cant sy thanks enough because your the only other person ive ever "talked to" who shares how i feel. How i start my arguements everytime my friends starts blabbing about god n it always ends it because no young person today has any fucking brains or intellect apparently, is "If i wrote a paragraph now that said your my bitch and you should do as i say or ill punish you for eternity" but sealed it away for ten years should he be my bitch? Of course i always get no. Then i enlighten them that from the very first book of the holy bible to the last was a period of over 1000 years and all of it written by man. I think if a god existed he'd have thrown down a fucking book n said do it or die. How reliable is man today to have your back? How much do you think theyve changed? they used to whip u in public in throw stones at you. Know we have lead pipes and bullets to throw. At about this time they shut up n throw the most famous christian one liner in history... "Its about faith."
Well boy howdy! Do you think if i believe bullets cant hurt me I wont die in Iraq?

Nuff said. I just wanted to put my peice in. trust me i could rant all day... nobody in my life around me understands, has the intellect, or isnt a christian robot.

[name]

Offline Nick

• Laureate
  • Darwins +177/-8
Re: hey [#1458]
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2009, 01:43:19 PM »
You should join our forum.  There are many here who share your view.
Yo, put that in your pipe and smoke it.  Quit ragging on my Lord.

Tide goes in, tide goes out !!!

Offline Seank

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +0/-0
  • Typos are intentional, honest.
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2009, 02:24:42 PM »
You should join our forum.  There are many here who share your view.

Agreed. It'd give you people to chat with when you're not dodging bullets. Good luck in Iraq. Silly-arse war, but I think that most people appreciate people like you who are over there doing a difficult job.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2009, 04:26:13 AM by Seank »
"I yam what I yam and that's all that I yam"
Popeye (the sailor man)

Offline deconvertedone

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +1/-0
  • My dog isn't an atheist, he thinks I'm God.
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2009, 05:11:29 PM »
Yes, I do appreciate you, even if I don't believe in the Iraq war.  Hang in there.  Join the forum so you have someone to talk to.
The memory of my own suffering has prevented me from ever shadowing one young soul with the superstition of the Christian religion.
Elizabeth Cady Stanton

Offline kin hell

• Professor
  • Darwins +151/-7
  • - .... . .-. . /.. ... / -. --- / --. --- -.. ...
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2009, 03:29:19 AM »
G'day DL

Stay safe.
"...but on a lighter note, demons were driven from a pig today in Gloucester."  Bill Bailey

all edits are for spelling or grammar unless specified otherwise

Offline Tails_155

• Reader
  • Darwins +1/-0
  • L!5
    • The Enigma Puzzle
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2009, 10:47:39 AM »
Always a pleasure to hear an instant dispel of the "No atheists in Foxholes" thing, also, I send you my respect and best wishes.
Live! Learn! Laugh! Love! Lead!

I'm not all analysis, I like art, too: See?

Offline GotMooo

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2009, 09:03:39 PM »
You should join the forums if you would like to talk with someone who isn't a robot.   ;D

slickwilly90

« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2009, 12:53:43 PM »
hey everybody. im the soldier who originally posted that comment. i appreciate all your support if you have anything to discuss hit me up im always up for a talk lol

Offline Emily

• Professor
  • Darwins +44/-0
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2009, 01:04:36 PM »
Welcome to the forums!!!!  :) And stay safe out there.
"Great moments are born from great opportunities." Herb Brooks

I edit a lot of my posts. The reason being it to add content or to correct grammar/wording. All edits to remove wording get a strike through through the wording.

Offline Seank

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +0/-0
  • Typos are intentional, honest.
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2009, 03:45:35 PM »
hey everybody. im the soldier who originally posted that comment. i appreciate all your support if you have anything to discuss hit me up im always up for a talk lol

Welcome. Glad you signed-up.
"I yam what I yam and that's all that I yam"
Popeye (the sailor man)

Offline kin hell

• Professor
  • Darwins +151/-7
  • - .... . .-. . /.. ... / -. --- / --. --- -.. ...
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2009, 07:33:55 PM »
.............see you round the forums sillywilly90.
"...but on a lighter note, demons were driven from a pig today in Gloucester."  Bill Bailey

all edits are for spelling or grammar unless specified otherwise

Offline voodoo child

• Reader
  • Darwins +9/-0
« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2009, 12:23:08 AM »
slickwilly90

man I would hate to be in Iraq, you have religious nutters you depend on to back you up, and at the same time you have religious nutters trying to kill you. hope your tour is short and safe.
The classical man is just a bundle of routine, ideas and tradition. If you follow the classical pattern, you are understanding the routine, the tradition, the shadow, you are not understanding yourself. Truth has no path. Truth is living and therefore changing. Bruce lee

Offline velkyn

• Laureate
  • Darwins +169/-6
  • You're wearing the juice, aren't you?"
« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2009, 08:23:03 PM »
hey, Slickwilly90, hope you are well and safe.  A good response to the "it's faith" nonsense is ask why, if faith is so important and supposedly all God wants, Jesus and God found it necessary to constantly give evidence of their existence and powers?  It's only now when God does nothing that Christians must excuse its invisible impotence by claiming "faith".
"There is no use in arguing with a man who can multiply anything by the square root of minus 1" - Pirates of Venus, ERB

http://clubschadenfreude.wordpress.com/

Offline JeffPT

• Reader
  • Darwins +183/-0
  • I'm a lead farmer mutha fucka
« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2009, 09:05:11 PM »

Glad you joined up slickwilly.  Thank you for your service to our country. 

Whenever events that are purported to occur in our best interest are as numerous as the events that will just as soon kill us, then intent is hard, if not impossible to assert. NDT