Author Topic: God [#1515]  (Read 740 times)

Offline DL

• Fellow
  • Darwins +0/-0
God [#1515]
« on: June 21, 2009, 09:19:58 PM »

Ok, Im not sending you this message to judge you. Im not sending you this message interrogate you or to curse you out.
These are the answers that I have come up with for the 10 questions that every intelligent Christian must answer.

1. Why wont God heal amputees?
Ok there a lot of amputees out there that have gotten synthetic legs. Ok and also there a lot of them that havent. Its all just Gods plan. Its not that he wants them to be hurt, made fun of, or anything else negative for that matter. The amputee is still living isnt he/she? Its also not a part of life for humans to grow back limbs.

2. Why are there so many starving people in our world?
Thats a famous question. God looks out for people that are starving as well as us. As I had said in the 1st question, its part of Gods plan. Though people think and agree that its ,horrific as you say, its just Gods plan. Really nobody knows why there are starving people, but there are millions of Christians out there that would agree with that fact.

3. Why does God demand the death of so many innocent people in the Bible?
God wants things to be a certain way thats why he made the 10 Commandments. Every one of those Bible versus that you showed had something to do with the 10 Commandments.

4. Why does the Bible contain so much anti-scientific nonsense?
Ok, this one really did disturb me. How do you know God didnt create the world in six days? How do you know that there was never a worldwide flood that covered Mt. Everest? How do you know that Jonah did not live inside a fishs stomach for three days?
And last how do you know that God did not create Adam from a handful of dust from the ground? The thing is you dont know, Those stories arent nonsense. God is almighty and powerful, he can do whatever he wants.

5. Why is God such a huge proponent of slavery in the Bible?
Well in Exodus He is basically saying, if you beat your slave to where he/she dies than you shall be punished. So hes obviously not trying to hurt them.
In Colossians God is telling them to, obey your masters with sincerity but still fear God, and whatever you do, do it for the Lord. All he wants is for people to obey Him.
In Ephesians God is telling them almost the same thing as in Colossians, so there was no point in putting that one down.
In 1 Peter its the same thing also...I rest my case about this question.

6. Why do bad things happen to good people.
Well we all know that Jesus died on the Cross for our sins, so that we wouldnt have to pay for them. Yet it seems like we still are. I have thought about this a lot also..
Really, its all a part of life.

7. Why didnt any of Jesus miracles in the Bible leave behind any evidence?
The main word is Miracle.
Miracle- An extraordinary event in the Physical World. There doesnt have to be any evidence.

8. How do we explain the fact that Jesus has never appeared to you?
Jesus doesnt need to appear before you just to make you believe in Him.
If He absolutely has to appear before you just for you to believe in Him, there goes the phrase I believe what I see. People shouldnt need proof. They should have faith.

9. Why would Jesus want you to eat His body, and drink His blood?
Its called Communion. Most Christians dont think of it as nasty, and repulsive.
They think of it as healthy and bodily.

10. Why do Christians get divorced at the same rate of non-Christians?
God gave us a little something called Free Will

Ok those are my answers to all of those questions and I am a mere 15 year old.
I understand the Bible and its meaning just as every other Christian does. I do not have to be in any of those careers to understand. Not in any those answers did I make up a strange excuse. I also DO admit that all of my answers make 100%, perfect sense

Offline Nick

• Laureate
  • Darwins +192/-8
Re: God [#1515]
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2009, 09:43:32 PM »
Why does God hate amputees?  He could cure at least one.  He seems to cure everything else.  If amputees are part of his plan then his plan sucks.  Are you volunteering to be the next amputee for his plan?
Yo, put that in your pipe and smoke it.  Quit ragging on my Lord.

Tide goes in, tide goes out !!!

Online Emily

• Professor
  • Darwins +51/-0
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2009, 09:56:24 PM »
Thats a famous question. God looks out for people that are starving as well as us. As I had said in the 1st question, its part of Gods plan. Though people think and agree that its ,horrific as you say, its just Gods plan. Really nobody knows why there are starving people, but there are millions of Christians out there that would agree with that fact.

It's funny how god is being more merciful with me than with the children. I am rotten and vile in the eyes of god; I have a tattoo of the logo in my avatar on my back. And I definitely have no problem when I shout Jesus Christ in vain, and I proudly say that this being who is being so merciful with me doesn't exist. You think he'd strike me down or something. I guess it's part of gods plan that I deny him.

How do you know God didnt create the world in six days? How do you know that there was never a worldwide flood that covered Mt. Everest? How do you know that Jonah did not live inside a fishs stomach for three days?
And last how do you know that God did not create Adam from a handful of dust from the ground? The thing is you dont know, Those stories arent nonsense. God is almighty and powerful, he can do whatever he wants.

How do you know he did do all those things. Sure, god may be all mighty, but when an average person is placed in a whales stomach, do you seriously think he's going to survive. I'm sure the acid would eat him up in a day. But then again you are thinking about these questions already think that god is real. Not very neutral. Many of us here have been ex-Christians an it's because of some of those questions that we stopped believing. What this all-mighty creator did and seems more of a fairly tale.

I understand the Bible and its meaning just as every other Christian does.

And most of us here also understand the bible and it's meaning. But since you brought it up. Why do some Christians disagree with scripture? Some say it's literal, some say metaphorical. If everyone agreed and understood the meaning, there wouldn't be so many denominations? Since you have the answers, can you answer that question for me.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2009, 10:12:48 PM by Emily »
"Great moments are born from great opportunities." Herb Brooks

I edit a lot of my posts. The reason being it to add content or to correct grammar/wording. All edits to remove wording get a strike through through the wording.

Offline deconvertedone

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +1/-0
  • My dog isn't an atheist, he thinks I'm God.
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2009, 10:14:44 PM »

God is looking out for the 27,000 children that die every day from starvation?  Do you really think this is part of God's plan?  I know why there are starving people, it's because they don't have food, God has nothing to do with it either way.  Suffering can't be explained by your religion, and that is the number one reason I don't believe in your god.
The memory of my own suffering has prevented me from ever shadowing one young soul with the superstition of the Christian religion.
Elizabeth Cady Stanton

Offline Kerlyssa

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +0/-0
  • Cold, analytical, and malicious.
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2009, 10:19:09 PM »
Funny how the answers all end with Idunno, goddidit. Not funny ha ha, but, hey.
It never bodes well when Systems Engineering and Integration performs a debris analysis on you...

Offline Hermes

• Professor
  • Darwins +2/-0
  • 1600 years of oppression ends; Zeus is worshiped.
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2009, 10:49:15 PM »
Re: Slavery.

I'm constantly surprised that nearly all (but thankfully not all) Christians make justifications for slavery in the Bible.  This alone is enough to show me that Christianity does not have a strong moral core, because if it did Christians would have no problem answering this question and they would not have to ignore their own religious texts to do so.

For reference;

Chapter 13 - Why does God love slavery?
http://whywontgodhealamputees.com/god13.htm

Drawing a conclusion

With this all-or-nothing reality about the Bible now understood, you can see that there are only two possible explanations for the slavery passages in the Bible:

* The Bible is right, and God loves slavery. The entire Bible is God's word, so these slavery passages must be God's word too. The laws in the United States and other modern nations that make slavery illegal defy God's word. Justice Scalia should be promoting slavery in exactly the same way that he promotes the Ten Commandments.

* The Bible condones slavery because the Bible was written by slave-owning men, not by God.

Chances are that you have a problem with the first explanation. God would not champion the abomination that is slavery. We all know that.

Therefore, what you are left with is the second explanation. And suddenly, the Bible becomes a poisoned book.

Here is the thing that I would like to help you understand: You, as a rational human being, know that slavery is wrong. You know it. That is why every single developed nation in the world has made slavery completely illegal. Human beings make slavery illegal, in direct defiance of God's word, because we all know with complete certainty that slavery is wrong (see also Chapter 28). If God actually had anything to do with the Bible, then the eleventh commandment would be, "Thou shalt not enslave."

What does your common sense now tell you about a Bible that supports slavery in both the Old and the New Testaments? Given the fact that the Bible clearly condones slavery, and given the fact that the Bible is an all-or-nothing book, does it make more sense for you to believe that God wrote the Bible, or that primitive men wrote the Bible without any input from God? Be honest with yourself. Make a choice, and then let's look at another example that is just as outrageous... [ continued ]

Also:

Chapter 28 - Goodness, Morality and the Ten Commandments
http://whywontgodhealamputees.com/god28.htm

Slavery in the Bible
http://www.evilbible.com/Slavery.htm
Smart people believe weird things because they are skilled at defending beliefs they arrived at for non-smart reasons. --Michael Shermer

The history of religion is a long attempt to reconcile old custom with new reason, to find a sound theory for an absurd practice.  --Sir James George Frazer

Offline Tails_155

• Reader
  • Darwins +1/-0
  • L!5
    • The Enigma Puzzle
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2009, 11:15:45 PM »
-sarcastic clap-

High caliber stuff... really.

1-3. Your god is clearly a douche.

4. We have plenty of scientific evidence to show that none of that is logical, nor possible. And no. Not all is possible with your god, it doesn't exist.

5. You didn't even answer the question.

6. So how good is your god then?

7. No one outside your holy book would right about such impossible events? Try again.

8. Faith is stupid, any superior being that would respect intentional ignorance is clearly unworthy of any sort of respect.

9. It's repulsive, and it has a pagan origin, so it's not even original. Try again.

10. If there ever were a common series of outs, they would be "sin," "faith," and "free will," you managed to use 2 in this, so they're basically void. What is the point of free will if you're just going to threaten your little peons anyway?

I disagree on the 'making sense' thing. Clearly they are all easily, and sarcastically, put to shame, and I'm sure someone will do it better than I am now.
Live! Learn! Laugh! Love! Lead!

I'm not all analysis, I like art, too: See?

Offline Dragnet

• Reader
  • Darwins +0/-0
  • iustus res "We just want the facts"
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2009, 11:18:32 AM »
God wants things to be a certain way thats why he made the 10 Commandments. Every one of those Bible versus that you showed had something to do with the 10 Commandments.

"Thou shalt not Kill" Except when you are moving in to a piece of property that does not belong to you that is occupied by someone who is not one of the "chosen" and because I said so.

Yeah, right.
I am responsible with my actions NOW so I don't HAVE to be responsible for them later.

Online Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +354/-85
  • I'm on the road less traveled...
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2009, 12:15:54 PM »
Ok there a lot of amputees out there that have gotten synthetic legs. Ok and also there a lot of them that havent. Its all just Gods plan. Its not that he wants them to be hurt, made fun of, or anything else negative for that matter. The amputee is still living isnt he/she? Its also not a part of life for humans to grow back limbs.

So, some get fake legs, and some don't, and that's all "God's plan"? What plan is that? Oh, so what you're really saying is that since they are still alive everything's okay? How do you know it's not a part of life for humans to grow back limbs? Why did God create other animals to regenerate body parts when they lose them but not humans?

There are over 1 billion starving people in the world -- and that's God's plan?

You didn't answer the question. Why does God demand the deaths of "innocent" people?

Ok, this one really did disturb me. How do you know God didnt create the world in six days?

How do you know God did? Oh, that's right: your Bible says it happened, so it must be true.

How do you know that there was never a worldwide flood that covered Mt. Everest?

'Cause there's no evidence that shows it happened. If there was a world-wide flood, then, there'd be evidence of it. There is none.

How do you know that Jonah did not live inside a fishs stomach for three days?

1. A whale is not a fish, it's a mammal. And, 2. Why don't you go prove us wrong, and go live in a whale. This isn't Pinocchio; whales like that do not exist where an entire boat or person can live in them.

And last how do you know that God did not create Adam from a handful of dust from the ground?

Sounds a bit silly, no?

The thing is you dont know, Those stories arent nonsense. God is almighty and powerful, he can do whatever he wants.

They are nonsense. God is not "almighty" and "powerful", and God doesn't do anything at all 'cause the Biblegod is not real, and if the Biblegod is real, then the Biblegod is the epitome of evil.

Well in Exodus He is basically saying, if you beat your slave to where he/she dies than you shall be punished. So hes obviously not trying to hurt them.
In Colossians God is telling them to, obey your masters with sincerity but still fear God, and whatever you do, do it for the Lord. All he wants is for people to obey Him.

Funny how that works out. Still, Biblegod is for slavery, and you're justifying it. How quaint.

In Ephesians God is telling them almost the same thing as in Colossians, so there was no point in putting that one down.

You rest your case? That's hilarious.

Well we all know that Jesus died on the Cross for our sins, so that we wouldnt have to pay for them. Yet it seems like we still are. I have thought about this a lot also..

Yes. Jesus died for our sins and yet we're still sinners. Nice how that works out, no? And, your answer to it isn't "God's plan" but "it's a part of life".

Miracle- An extraordinary event in the Physical World. There doesnt have to be any evidence.

If it happened, wouldn't there be evidence of it happening?

If He absolutely has to appear before you just for you to believe in Him, there goes the phrase I believe what I see. People shouldnt need proof. They should have faith.

You can have the Faith, I'll take the evidence.

Cannibalism is healthy and bodily. Check!

If you're a Christian, you do not have "Free-Will".

I understand the Bible and its meaning just as every other Christian does. I do not have to be in any of those careers to understand. Not in any those answers did I make up a strange excuse. I also DO admit that all of my answers make 100%, perfect sense

Your answers make 100% perfect sense to you. Can I ask: have you read the entire Bible?

-Nam
« Last Edit: June 22, 2009, 12:18:02 PM by Nam »
This thread is about lab-grown dicks, not some mincy, old, British poof of an actor. 

Let's get back on topic, please.

Offline velkyn

• Laureate
  • Darwins +169/-6
  • You're wearing the juice, aren't you?"
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2009, 01:19:28 PM »

I love when a Christian claims that prosthetics are "healing" amputees.  Oh, OP, then why did God hate those people so much who were amputees before high-tech plastics and metals?  Why does he allow stump ulcers? 

F@ck God's "plan".  If you really thought that, you'd do nothing to help your fellow man.  Heck, maybe you don't and are that sadistic and narcissitic.  If this world is some magical "plan", I'm going to do my damndest to stop it. 
"There is no use in arguing with a man who can multiply anything by the square root of minus 1" - Pirates of Venus, ERB

http://clubschadenfreude.wordpress.com/

Offline Frank

• Reader
  • Darwins +38/-20
  • You're doin' my head in!!
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2009, 01:27:47 PM »
Ok, Im not sending you this message to judge you. Im not sending you this message interrogate you or to curse you out.
These are the answers that I have come up with for the 10 questions that every intelligent Christian must answer.

Ok, this one really did disturb me. How do you know God didnt create the world in six days? How do you know that there was never a worldwide flood that covered Mt. Everest? How do you know that Jonah did not live inside a fishs stomach for three days?

So up to here it's all gods plan, part of life, or faith......

Suddenly, when it becomes untenable, we've mysteriously developed "free will" Talk about double standards.

Even if he does say so himself. &)
"Atheism is not a mission to convert the world. It only seems that way because when other religions fall away, atheism is what is left behind".

Offline Dkit

• Reader
  • Darwins +3/-0
  • Nemesis Ridiculii
« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2009, 04:58:18 PM »

So, if I lived in the year 1000CE and lost my leg or arm, I would be SOL?  Strangely, that sounds exactly like something the OT God would do since he can't seem to get anything right from the start. 

It was God's plan for this child to live a painful life, just to die at her young age? 

Why doesn't your God provide mana from heaven like he did for those ungrateful Hebrews?

I think you've left out about 603 commandments.  Have you read the OT?  God kills or commands the death of literally(well, if you believe it)millions.  God of love my arse.

Yes, of course, God is so powerful, he can pull of stupid unscientific parlor tricks, but he can't manage to regrow one human leg or feed a dying child.  God of love my arse.  Oh, please read a science book. 

Way to not answer the question.  God provides a commandment to not kill/murder, but he can't provide one to not keep slave and command ALL people be free?  God of love my arse.

Yes, it is.  No God required.  If Jesus died for our sins, why do some still go to hell?  God of love my arse.

Well, if your God has a real affect on our reality, there would be evidence. 

So, what is stopping you from believing in the Brahma, Vishnu and Shiva?  You should have faith that the written Hindu texts are based on real gods.  What about dragon and giants?  Do you believe in those too? 

Can I get mine with some fava beans and a nice Chianti? 

So, then God is no help for Christians in this regard?

"The Bible is a Banquet table not a snack tray!" - Anonymous Facebook User

Offline Graybeard

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +551/-19
  • Is this going somewhere?
« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2009, 06:22:18 PM »

M't:15:31: Insomuch that the multitude wondered, when they saw the dumb to speak, the maimed to be whole, the lame to walk, and the blind to see: and they glorified the God of Israel.

So, let me get this right, "Its also not a part of life for humans to grow back limbs. " but it is part of human life for "the dumb to speak, the maimed to be whole, the lame to walk and the blind to see?"
Nobody says “There are many things that we thought were natural processes, but now know that a god did them.”