Author Topic: hi [#1447]  (Read 339 times)

Offline velkyn

• Laureate
  • Darwins +169/-6
  • You're wearing the juice, aren't you?"
Re: hi [#1447]
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2009, 09:18:45 PM »
wow, a whole list of nonsense.  Thank you for a quick list to show how willing Christians are to lie for their belief and how badly they do it. 
"There is no use in arguing with a man who can multiply anything by the square root of minus 1" - Pirates of Venus, ERB

http://clubschadenfreude.wordpress.com/

Offline StPatrick

• Reader
  • Darwins +2/-0
  • The patron saint of WWGHA
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2009, 09:20:31 PM »
No way am I reading all those.  OP, can you put it in your own words?
If we come together and do not fight over religion, class and borders then we hold the key to a peaceful world. There are two possible futures in store; either a March of power and greed or a March of a unified human race.

Offline Hermes

• Professor
  • Darwins +2/-0
  • 1600 years of oppression ends; Zeus is worshiped.
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2009, 10:13:05 PM »
Write your own words.  Really.

You just look like a disturbed fanatic when you post nothing but links. 

Are you a disturbed fanatic?

Want to give it another try and actually start a sane conversation?

[ notices Wyatt in link list ]

Oh, maybe you are?

In the hope that you are not, and just misinformed, look at what the *Christian* *creationists* at Answers in Genesis -- whack jobs in their own right -- have this to say about just one of Wyatt's wild claims;

"Back in 1992, Wyatt’s ‘Noah’s Ark’ claim (see This is not the Ark of Noah) was subject to a thorough investigative exposé in this magazine (see online version).5 The 13-page report told of how this ministry had checked the claims, even ringing the lab staff that had done the analyses, for instance. Sadly, though we would have been delighted if this really were the Ark, we found almost all the specific claims to be untrue and/or misleading.

The results of detailed analysis of this site, including mapping, magnetometer surveys,6 drill-core sampling, and more, enable any geologist to be able to diagnose with certainty the exact nature of this geological object.7

The ‘discoverers’ have since produced a rebuttal, convincing only to those who have misunderstood or not carefully read our article. They quote as support the well-known creationist scientist Dr John Baumgardner (right), but in fact he long ago decided that this ‘find’ was a geological formation. They also appeal to the late marine engineer David Fasold. Fasold, who had repeatedly rejected biblical authority, did originally think it was a boat, but towards his life’s end co-authored an article in a geology journal supporting its true nature.8

When questioned about Baumgardner’s retraction, Wyatt has claimed that it was made for fear of losing his job. Yet Baumgardner has been known as a ‘full-on’ creationist in his job and community for years, and had no difficulty agreeing to our publishing an interview with him in 1997. At that time, he told us that Wyatt’s claims about himself were as ‘bogus’ as Wyatt’s claims about the ‘Ark site.’9"

Source: http://www.answersingenesis.org/creation/v21/i2/ark.asp
Smart people believe weird things because they are skilled at defending beliefs they arrived at for non-smart reasons. --Michael Shermer

The history of religion is a long attempt to reconcile old custom with new reason, to find a sound theory for an absurd practice.  --Sir James George Frazer

Offline Tails_155

• Reader
  • Darwins +1/-0
  • L!5
    • The Enigma Puzzle
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2009, 10:13:16 PM »
No way am I reading all those.  OP, can you put it in your own words?

Agreed. We want your words, not someone else's.
Live! Learn! Laugh! Love! Lead!

I'm not all analysis, I like art, too: See?

Offline Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +307/-82
  • I'm on the road less traveled...
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2009, 11:42:40 PM »
I just drooled a bit on my shirt (hawt girl on the tv), I'm more interested in my drool then I am in clicking those links.

-Nam
A god is like a rock: it does absolutely nothing until someone or something forces it to do something. The only capability the rock has is doing nothing until another force compels it physically to move.

The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously - Humphrey

Offline MrFriday

• 100% Superstition Free
  • Reader
  • Darwins +3/-0
    • To Question God
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2009, 06:52:41 AM »
The links don't work. Can you tell me what they say?
"Faith is believing in something you know isn't true" - Mark Twain

Offline velkyn

• Laureate
  • Darwins +169/-6
  • You're wearing the juice, aren't you?"
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2009, 12:11:42 PM »
I'll have to comment again since I just had to look at that first link.  When I was in college, my work-study was running the planetarium.  I always had to give this Christmas show, that went through the usual claims for the "star" of bethlehem, which was basically the same one I watched at the same planetarium.  All of them are ludicrously flawed.  Only Matthew mentions the thing in the first place and that seems just an attempt to make a "prophecy" fit this particular claimant to messiah-hood.  (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_of_Bethlehem#Historical_fiction)
"There is no use in arguing with a man who can multiply anything by the square root of minus 1" - Pirates of Venus, ERB

http://clubschadenfreude.wordpress.com/