Author Topic: my reply [#1439]  (Read 358 times)

Offline DL

my reply [#1439]
« on: May 30, 2009, 04:07:36 PM »

here is what i think of a reply for your video :
as i already said i'll never pray to milk jug coze others like me or maybe with less dgree or less intelligance created it , no one had create GOD almighty !!

and for the fact that ppl who were told that no one will pray for them , i think they prayed for themselves. the other group, who were told that a stranger is praying for them,
they were relying on those strangers, which is why they didn't pray for themselves. and as one of the religouse once said that prayers are better when from a man to himself.

and for a part in the beg of ur video you said that god answer some with yes and some with no , in what i believe is a true religon that god answer who-ever-is-in-need , whether you believe in his almighty or not , whether you worship him or not who ever you are and yes he does answer with yes no and wait and if i asked your jug to get me some millions or zillions and i did get it , i believe it is a test from god , which is what life is .

have you studied how the tiny cell in you body work ? in details ??
how do you thinkg it got the power to do all this work ??

this is a reply to your video , hope to see you reply on my msg
,, thank u

Offline Tails_155

• Reader
  • Darwins +1/-0
  • L!5
    • The Enigma Puzzle
Re: my reply [#1439]
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2009, 04:20:48 PM »
no one had create GOD almighty !!

coze others like me or maybe with less dgree or less intelligance created i

Fixed.

The cells in the body work in intense complexity, and if you want details, find a biology book and get to work.

They got all the "power" through evolution (mutation, natural selection, genetic drift, etc.,) they came to be through evolution. The earliest protocells came to be through evolution. The first strands of RNA which eventually became DNA came from abiogenesis likely. I don't know exactly, I'm no biologist, but don't play a god of the gaps fallacy or we're done here.
Live! Learn! Laugh! Love! Lead!

I'm not all analysis, I like art, too: See?

Offline Hermes

• Professor
  • Darwins +2/-0
  • 1600 years of oppression ends; Zeus is worshiped.
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2009, 05:10:55 PM »
as i already said i'll never pray to milk jug coze others like me or maybe with less dgree or less intelligance created it , no one had create GOD almighty !!

Pray to a milk jug, pray to a cross, pray to a rock, and each prayer gets answered in the same way; yes, no, or maybe.

For reference, George Carlin's take on it;

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MeSSwKffj9o[/youtube]

and for the fact that ppl who were told that no one will pray for them , i think they prayed for themselves. the other group, who were told that a stranger is praying for them,
they were relying on those strangers, which is why they didn't pray for themselves. and as one of the religouse once said that prayers are better when from a man to himself.

Here are some details I wrote last year that you may want to consider;

The Templeton Foundation, sponsors of the study, thought it was a good study.

Let's go over the details...

The study: http://web.med.harvard.edu/sites/RELEASES/html/3_31STEP.html
http://www.ahjonline.com/article/PIIS0002870305006496/abstract

Conclusions

Intercessory prayer itself had no effect on complication-free recovery from CABG, but certainty of receiving intercessory prayer was associated with a higher incidence of complications.

Who is John Templeton and his foundation?  First, his foundation...

The John Templeton Foundation: http://www.templeton.org

"We are trying to persuade people that no human has yet grasped 1% of what can be known about spiritual realities. So we are encouraging people to start using the same methods of science that have been so productive in other areas, in order to discover spiritual realities."  --John Templeton

John Templeton: "As a member of the Presbyterian Church, Templeton was dedicated to his faith. However, Templeton remained open to the benefits and values of other faiths. Commenting on his commitment to what he called spiritual progress, “But why shouldn't I try to learn more? Why shouldn't I go to Hindu services? Why shouldn't I go to Muslim services? If you are not egotistical, you will welcome the opportunity to learn more." Similarly, one of the major goals of the Templeton Foundation is to proliferate the monetary support of spiritual discoveries. The Templeton Foundation encourages research into "big questions" by awarding philanthropic aide to institutions and people who pursue the answers to such questions through "explorations into the laws of nature and the universe, to questions on the nature of love, gratitude, forgiveness, and creativity." "  (Wikipedia)

So, we're talking sponsorship from a group -- Templeton -- looking for spiritual connections, supported by Harvard Medical School, Baptist Memorial Health Care, INTEGRIS Baptist Medical Center, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Mayo Clinic, Mind/Body Medical Institute and the Washington Hospital Center.  1,802 participants in the study (99% statistical confidence?).

Now, if you reject that study ... I'd like to know why.  It was more than fair toward 'spiritual' concerns ... and it found no correlation -- unless you count the small negative correlation (a possible stress induced placebo effect) as significant.

and for a part in the beg of ur video you said that god answer some with yes and some with no , in what i believe is a true religon that god answer who-ever-is-in-need , whether you believe in his almighty or not , whether you worship him or not who ever you are and yes he does answer with yes no and wait and if i asked your jug to get me some millions or zillions and i did get it ,

Yet, if that is true, that deity isn't the Christian, Muslim, or Hebrew one.  That deity is quite clear about what it thinks of worshiping or praying to other deities.

You know this if you've read the Christian Bible.  Have you?

i believe it is a test from god , which is what life is .

I consider the Christian religion to be a moral intelligence test.  Not the only one, mind you, but one moral intelligence test out of many.  It shows if someone follows power and ignorance, or can humbly admit what they know while also admitting that might does not make right, and that bribes and threats are not divine if there is any positive value to divinity.

In some detail.  Do you have the knowledge to discuss it with us?  If you do, come by the forums.  If not, on what basis do you ask anyone else (who is possibly more informed) that question?
Smart people believe weird things because they are skilled at defending beliefs they arrived at for non-smart reasons. --Michael Shermer

The history of religion is a long attempt to reconcile old custom with new reason, to find a sound theory for an absurd practice.  --Sir James George Frazer

Offline bgb

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +8/-0
  • That felt great.
    • BGBART SHIRTS AND GIFTS
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2009, 07:47:22 PM »
Always making excuses why god doesn't do what he said he'd do in the bible.  Answer every prayer yes.
The whole point of science is that most of it is uncertain. That's why science is exciting--because we don't know. Science is all about things we don't understand. The public, of course, imagines science is just a set of facts. But it's not.  Freeman Dyson

Offline StPatrick

• Reader
  • Darwins +2/-0
  • The patron saint of WWGHA
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2009, 07:50:54 PM »
no one had create GOD almighty !!

Well, some superstitious goatherders 2000 years ago did.  But who's counting.

Not offhand, but I can learn.
If we come together and do not fight over religion, class and borders then we hold the key to a peaceful world. There are two possible futures in store; either a March of power and greed or a March of a unified human race.

Offline Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +325/-84
  • I'm on the road less traveled...
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2009, 09:11:12 PM »

How do you know? Were you there when God Almighty first existed? No? I didn't think so. So, how do you know? Because you believe it. The Bible tells you. That's not truth that's faith. Faith is not Truth.

and for a part in the beg of ur video you said that god answer some with yes and some with no , in what i believe is a true religon that god answer who-ever-is-in-need , whether you believe in his almighty or not , whether you worship him or not who ever you are and yes he does answer with yes no and wait and if i asked your jug to get me some millions or zillions and i did get it , i believe it is a test from god , which is what life is .

So, if the Jug of Milk answered your prayers you'd believe that it wasn't the Jug of Milk but God speaking through the Jug of Milk?

Let me guess? God did it? Did I win? I want a cookie. Where's my cookie?!?!

-Nam
This thread is about lab-grown dicks, not some mincy, old, British poof of an actor. 

Let's get back on topic, please.

Offline Irish

• Fellow
  • Darwins +18/-0
  • Moraxella catarrhalis on BA
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2009, 10:57:50 PM »
You missed the point of the video.  Anyone can pray to anything and get the same rate of prayers being "answered."

If I prayed to my graphing calculator for a sunny day tomorrow and I awoke to a beautiful, sunny, and warm day then my prayer was seemingly "answered" by the calculator with a "yes".

If I awoke to a cloudy, rainy, and cold day then my calculator "answered" my prayer with a "no".

This can happen with any object: a cat, car, blender, sausage patty, microphone, pillow, a doll, et cetera.  Any object can seemingly answer prayers offered to it if the person is gullible enough to believe that that object or entity is there to answer prayers.
La scienze non ha nemici ma gli ignoranti.

Offline Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +325/-84
  • I'm on the road less traveled...
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2009, 12:17:48 AM »
You missed the point of the video.  Anyone can pray to anything and get the same rate of prayers being "answered."

If I prayed to my graphing calculator for a sunny day tomorrow and I awoke to a beautiful, sunny, and warm day then my prayer was seemingly "answered" by the calculator with a "yes".

If I awoke to a cloudy, rainy, and cold day then my calculator "answered" my prayer with a "no".

This can happen with any object: a cat, car, blender, sausage patty, microphone, pillow, a doll, et cetera.  Any object can seemingly answer prayers offered to it if the person is gullible enough to believe that that object or entity is there to answer prayers.

The Eightball has a better chance than God does.

;)

-Nam
This thread is about lab-grown dicks, not some mincy, old, British poof of an actor. 

Let's get back on topic, please.

Offline Tails_155

• Reader
  • Darwins +1/-0
  • L!5
    • The Enigma Puzzle
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2009, 01:28:04 PM »

The Eightball has a better chance than God does.

;)

-Nam

At least it always answers, and you know when it says "wait"
Live! Learn! Laugh! Love! Lead!

I'm not all analysis, I like art, too: See?