Author Topic: Probabilities of God's existence debate  (Read 144115 times)

Offline Ditto

• Novice
  • Darwins +0/-0
  • WWGHA Member
Re: Probabilities of God's existence debate
« Reply #1711 on: February 23, 2017, 09:01:07 PM »
God actually answered my prayer when i wanted to die ,, i got very sick and went down to 85 lbs ,, was my own stupidity that fought it and am still here

Offline jdawg70

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +1015/-10
  • Ex-rosary squad
« Reply #1712 on: February 24, 2017, 11:51:14 AM »
God actually answered my prayer when i wanted to die ,, i got very sick and went down to 85 lbs ,, was my own stupidity that fought it and am still here

Welcome to the forum Ditto.

Could you explain a bit more what the nature of this prayer was?
"When we landed on the moon, that was the point where god should have come up and said 'hello'. Because if you invent some creatures, put them on the blue one and they make it to the grey one, you f**king turn up and say 'well done'."

- Eddie Izzard

http://deepaksducttape.wordpress.com/

Offline fodder101

• Freshman
  • Darwins +0/-0
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #1713 on: May 03, 2017, 02:37:53 AM »
My question is this. If God is all: powerful, knowing, and can be everywhere at the same time; why would it make sense that followers (who tend to do an inefficient/incomplete job) would be desirable as a vehicle to accomplish God's will?

Offline jdawg70

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +1015/-10
  • Ex-rosary squad
« Reply #1714 on: May 03, 2017, 09:42:08 AM »
My question is this. If God is all: powerful, knowing, and can be everywhere at the same time; why would it make sense that followers (who tend to do an inefficient/incomplete job) would be desirable as a vehicle to accomplish God's will?

Welcome to the forum fodder101.

The way it makes sense is that god is tasking these followers to do stuff for their edification.  What doesn't make sense to me is why anyone would misunderstand what god's will actually is.  I would expect those people to be receiving guidance from god, assuming the whole edification thing is correct.  I also see a difference between handing someone a book and teaching someone, so I don't think a human pointing and saying "look at that old-ass book" constitutes god providing guidance, or at least not providing any useful and meaningful guidance.

Do you talk to believers much, specifically about their beliefs?  Just a curiosity.
"When we landed on the moon, that was the point where god should have come up and said 'hello'. Because if you invent some creatures, put them on the blue one and they make it to the grey one, you f**king turn up and say 'well done'."

- Eddie Izzard

http://deepaksducttape.wordpress.com/