Author Topic: Is this scientific Proof that Mohammad really split the moon into two?  (Read 15571 times)

Offline dantebank

this girl emailed me a power point, and it has pictures of the moon having scars like it was split into two. ill copy and paste it, but what do you think? Thank you for your logical opinions. Its getting me closer to the truth.

This picture shows the location of the “Rocky Belt” which shows the moon was once split.
The unbelievers of Makkah said to the prophet that if you are truly a prophet split the moon and if you do we shall believe. It was a full moon that night…
And so the prophet prayed to Allah to grant him this miracle, and the moon was split. Half was seen over Mount. Saffa, and the other half was seen over Mount. Kaikaan.
The people said that the prophet has placed a spell on us, however if he played a trick on us, then he cant play a trick on all the people in the world! Abu Jahl then said: “let us wait until the people of Albadiah come, and if they saw the moon split, then it is true, if not then we all know it was a trick of magic.
When the people of Albadiah came they said that they too saw the moon split, and the disbelievers said “oh, how powerful Mohammad’s magic is!”
Then Allah revealed Surat al Qamar: “The hour has come near and the moon has split, and when they see a sign, they turn and say ‘this is a continuous magic’ and they disbelieved and followed their desires…”
This took place in the days of the prophet Muhammad in Makkah.

In one of Dr. Zaghlool Al-Najaar’s seminars, in one of the British universities said: “The miracle of the plitting of the moon has been proven recently”… “ One of the British brothers who is very concerned about the state of Islam “Dawood Musa” who is the new chairman of the british muslims party who is planning to enter the coming elections under the banner of islam, which is spreading extremely fast in the west said “While he was searching for a religion, a friend gave him a copy of the Quran translated in english. He opened it and came across surat Al-Qamar and read “The hour has come and the moon has split”, looking at this he said ‘The moon has split?!’ He then stopped reading and did not open it again.
Then one day while whatching a program on the BBC, The broadcaster was talking with three American scientists, and the broadcaster was blaming America for spending billons of dollars on space projects, in a time where millions of people are suffering from poverty.
The scientists were trying to explain why it is important to go into space exploration.

Soon the scientists came to discuss the most expensive trip to the moon, which costed about 100 billion dollars, so the broadcaster asked them “So to put the American flag on the moon you spent this much money?!”
The scientists stated that this much miney was spent because they were trying to study the internal structure of the moon to see what similarities it has with the Earth, and they said that they were surprised to find a ‘Belt of Rocks’ that goes from the surface of the moon right to the inner depths.
Being quite surprised, they gave this information to their geologists, who were also surprised, as they concluded that this couldn’t be unless the moon was once split  and resealed. The rocks on the belt are a result of the impact during the time that the two halves of the moon recombined.
Watching this brother Dawood Mussa jumped off his seat screaming “This is Muhammad’s miracle which occurred more than 1400 years ago, and now the Americans are spending billions of dollars to prove it to the Muslims. He then said “This must surely be a true religion, and so, where once Surat Al-Qamar was a cause for him disbeleiving in Islam, it was now the reason for his embracing Islam…

what do you think?

Offline CosmicScherzo

• Graduate
  • Darwins +0/-0
  • What would Jesus brew?
Didn't happen.

I googled the claim and found nothing but muslim fundie sites.  Nothing scientific took the idea seriously.

What's the deepest rock sample taken from the moon?  How do we know how far down the rock belt goes?  If there really was a belt of loose rock extending to the core, or anywhere near, what's holding the moon together today?
"What claim has your piety on my deference?"

Offline Crocoduck

• Reader
  • Darwins +1/-0
  • Nothing Fails Like Prayer.
    • my youtube channel
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pf1nLvXl-vs&feature=related[/youtube]

your answer is 5:25 into the video.
atheism is not a religion... it is a personal relationship with reality.
V00d00Sixxx Youtube Channel

Offline Cycle4Fun

• Reader
  • Darwins +2/-0
How come nobody else saw the moon split until a man, who heard it from a man who was told that a man many times removed from him was with Muhammad and the unbelievers and saw the moon split?

Was all of Europe, China, India, and the rest of the Middle East not paying attention to the GIANT GLOWING ORB in the night sky?
How do you define soul?
"A baseless assertion by simple-minded, superstitious individuals"
   -Starstuff

Offline velkyn

• Laureate
  • Darwins +169/-6
  • You're wearing the juice, aren't you?"
well said, Cyke.

Unfortunately, from a soceity that once produced great thinkers, Muslims have become amazingly ignorant and gullible and their leaders evidently a bunch of liars. 

the moon was sampled to a depth of about 292 cm, which is 115 inches or about 9 and a half feet. 
http://books.google.com/books?id=7Q49AAAAIAAJ&pg=PA23&lpg=PA23&dq=lunar+samples+depth&source=bl&ots=yBivrmeVWW&sig=FWa0sh3lpN0VYFX93pwyLHvDoE4&hl=en&ei=K68VSuWxOYia8wTAwtTHAg&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=1
"There is no use in arguing with a man who can multiply anything by the square root of minus 1" - Pirates of Venus, ERB

http://clubschadenfreude.wordpress.com/

Offline xphobe

• Professor
  • Darwins +12/-0
  • the truth is out there
Please click the following Youtube link and you shall watch a 7:37 video which will show you that Quraan is not a book arrived from the Human mind, not even today a man can create such a book.

Number of the Sura "the Moon": 54.

Number of seconds it took for this video to put me to sleep:   54.

Coincidence?  I think NOT!
I stopped believing for a little while this morning. Journey is gonna be so pissed when they find out...

Offline Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +324/-84
  • I'm on the road less traveled...
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
Oh, man. Not this shit again.

-Nam
This thread is about lab-grown dicks, not some mincy, old, British poof of an actor. 

Let's get back on topic, please.

Offline hmp

• Freshman
  • Darwins +0/-0
  • MOHSIN
Please click the following Youtube link and you shall watch a 7:37 video which will show you that Quraan is not a book arrived from the Human mind, not even today a man can create such a book.

Number of the Sura "the Moon": 54.

Number of seconds it took for this video to put me to sleep:   54.

Coincidence?  I think NOT!

Mr.Xphobe... Mr.Xphobe.....
R U awake?
Then sit back and watch this video,
seriously please... These are all scientific facts and God by his mercy has given us chance to turn back to Him. You'll have to turn on your Audio system, otherwise you won't undersdtand...

Video link:
Good bye !  Have a sweet day.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2009, 06:57:29 AM by hmp »
May the peace, mercy, and blessings of Allah be with you

Offline Ambassador Pony

• You keep what you kill.
  • Administrator
  • Darwins +71/-4
  • illuminatus
What scientific discoveries were a direct result of Quuaranic study?
You believe evolution and there is no evidence for that. Where is the fossil record of a half man half ape. I've only ever heard about it in reading.

Offline jedweber

• Fellow
  • Darwins +19/-0
  • Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch
Oh, Pony, you stepped in it now! We're going to get copypasta about embryo doctors, the speed of light, etc.

These kinds of posts were more fun when Afadly was here.

Offline hmp

• Freshman
  • Darwins +0/-0
  • MOHSIN
Re: Is this scientific Proof that Mohammad really split the moon into two?
« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2009, 07:29:19 AM »
Oh, Pony, you stepped in it now! We're going to get copypasta about embryo doctors, the speed of light, etc.

Excuse me, Mr. Pony,

Even in this modern age after the acceptation of Quraan by many Scientists and the conversion to islam made by great people like Neil Armstrong, Mohammed Ali(the famous boxer) , etc., etc. people like Mr.Jedweber are refusing to accept that Quraan is sent forth by GOD for us and it is scientifically compatible.  How come the 'Inventors & Discoverers' scientists of the olden days accept the High knowledge and truth of the Universe in the Quraan. 
But those days are over.. Ofcourse today the Modern Scientists are astonished at the great knowledge of the Noble book and they are frankly presenting their high opinion on it

Offline hmp

• Freshman
  • Darwins +0/-0
  • MOHSIN
« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2009, 07:31:41 AM »

Good morning Jedweber !

You know, fun and happiness is always temp

Offline kin hell

• Professor
  • Darwins +152/-7
  • - .... . .-. . /.. ... / -. --- / --. --- -.. ...
« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2009, 08:31:23 AM »
and the conversion to islam made by great people like Neil Armstrong,

http://www.answering-islam.org/Hoaxes/neil.html

When you are spreading incorrect information, you are lying for god hmp.

NEIL A. ARMSTRONG
                                          LEBANON, OHIO 45036

July 14,1983

Mr. Phil Parshall Director
Asian Research Center
International Christian
Fellowship 29524 Bobrich
Livonia, Michigan 48152

Dear Mr. Parshall:

Mr. Armstrong has asked me to reply to your letter and
to thank you for the courtesy of your inquiry.

The reports of his conversion to Islam and of hearing
the voice of Adzan on the moon and elsewhere are all
untrue.

Several publications in Malaysia, Indonesia and other
countries have published these reports without verifi-
cation. We apologize for any inconvenience that this
incompetent journalism may have caused you.

Subsequently, Mr. Armstrong agreed to participate in a
telephone interview, reiterating his reaction to these
stories. I am enclosing copies of the United States
State Department's communications prior to and after
that interview.

Sincerely

Vivian White
                              Administrative Aide
Comments: In our possession is a photocopy of this letter which is identical in text to the above, except that the street address and phone number of Mr. Armstrong contained in that copy are deleted. The above also shows where this idea came from, that Mr. Armstrong supposedly lives in Lebanon. Yes, Lebanon is true, yet this "Lebanon" is not in the Middle East, but in the Midwest of the United States of America.

A statement by the US State Department sent to all embassies and consulates in the Islamic world:
"...but on a lighter note, demons were driven from a pig today in Gloucester."  Bill Bailey

all edits are for spelling or grammar unless specified otherwise

Offline hmp

• Freshman
  • Darwins +0/-0
  • MOHSIN
« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2009, 08:44:35 AM »
and the conversion to islam made by great people like Neil Armstrong,

http://www.answering-islam.org/Hoaxes/neil.html

When you are spreading incorrect information, you are lying for god hmp.

NEIL A. ARMSTRONG
                                          LEBANON, OHIO 45036

July 14,1983

Mr. Phil Parshall Director
Asian Research Center
International Christian
Fellowship 29524 Bobrich
Livonia, Michigan 48152

Dear Mr. Parshall:

Mr. Armstrong has asked me to reply to your letter and
to thank you for the courtesy of your inquiry.

The reports of his conversion to Islam and of hearing
the voice of Adzan on the moon and elsewhere are all
untrue.

Several publications in Malaysia, Indonesia and other
countries have published these reports without verifi-
cation. We apologize for any inconvenience that this
incompetent journalism may have caused you.

Subsequently, Mr. Armstrong agreed to participate in a
telephone interview, reiterating his reaction to these
stories. I am enclosing copies of the United States
State Department's communications prior to and after
that interview.

Sincerely

Vivian White
                              Administrative Aide
Comments: In our possession is a photocopy of this letter which is identical in text to the above, except that the street address and phone number of Mr. Armstrong contained in that copy are deleted. The above also shows where this idea came from, that Mr. Armstrong supposedly lives in Lebanon. Yes, Lebanon is true, yet this "Lebanon" is not in the Middle East, but in the Midwest of the United States of America.

A statement by the US State Department sent to all embassies and consulates in the Islamic world:

Mr.KinHell,
Thanks for sharing a vital information
You must have seen me offline when you were replying to this message and, you know why I have logged in again - just because I was not confirmed about this information I given so I just wanted to edit the information or post another reply about it, and  say that these following personalities sure have converted to Islam:    * Shabbetai Tzevi - seventeenth-century Turkish Jew who had claimed to be Messiah and attracted a large following. His conversion to Islam largely dissolved this mass messianic Jewish movement, but also resulted in the development of the ongoing Donmeh religious movement.

* Michael Jackson - the "King of Pop," one of the century's most popular entertainers, formally joined the Nation of Islam on 17 Dec. 2003
    * Malcolm X - early leader of American "Black Muslim"/Nation of Islam movement; later a convert to Sunni Islam

* Cat Stevens - British rock musician; changed name to Yusuf Islam

* John Coltrane - prominent jazz saxophonist and composer
    * Art Blakey - American Jazz musician

* Muhammad Ali - boxer
    * Matthew Saad Muhammad - world champion boxer (formerly Matt Franklin)
    * Dwight Muhammad Qawi - world champion boxer (formerly Dwight Braxton)
    * Eddie Mustapha Muhammad - world champion lightweight boxer (formerly Eddie Gregory)
    * Mustafa Hamsho - boxer
    * Akbar Muhammad - boxer
    * Mike Tyson - boxer
    * Hamdan Chris Eubank - boxer (super middleweight boxing champion)

* Kareem Abdul-Jabbar - basketball player

* Queen Noor - American-born queen of Jordan during reign of the late King Hussein I

* Maryam Jameelah - Jewish American essayist and poet. Formerly Margaret Marcus.

* Daniel Moore - Anglo-American poet

* Muhammad Marmaduke (William) Pickthall - author and Quran translator

* Michael Wolfe - author, journalist (The Hadj: An American's Pilgrimage to Mecca; One Thousand Roads to Mecca: Ten Centuries of Travelers Writing About the Muslim Pilgrimage; ABC Nightline documentary "An American in Mecca")

* Aminah Assilmi - Denver area broadcast journalist; now director of the International Union of Muslim Women (former Baptist)

* Pamela Taylor - science fiction author; Publications Officer of the Islamic Writers Alliance and co-chair of the Progressive Muslim Union

* Jemima Goldsmith - daughter of British billionaire Sir James, who married Imran Khan. Changed name to Haiqa Khan.

* Mumia Abu-Jamal - journalist, Black Panther, political activist, known for his 1982 conviction and death sentence on charges of a police officer, and for a nationally popular counter-culture campaign to free him

* John Muhammad and John Malvo - infamous "Beltway Sniper" serial killers who terrorized Washington, D.C. area residents

Offline hmp

• Freshman
  • Darwins +0/-0
  • MOHSIN
« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2009, 08:48:48 AM »
Kinhell, there is no necessity for me to lie and if GOD wants me to lie for him then He is not a GOD at all

Offline xphobe

• Professor
  • Darwins +12/-0
  • the truth is out there
« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2009, 09:04:11 AM »

You called it!  And first we get copypasta about converts.  I can't believe he ended his list with the "Beltway snipers".  Classic fail!
I stopped believing for a little while this morning. Journey is gonna be so pissed when they find out...

Offline hmp

• Freshman
  • Darwins +0/-0
  • MOHSIN
« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2009, 09:18:18 AM »

You called it!  And first we get copypasta about converts.  I can't believe he ended his list with the "Beltway snipers".  Classic fail!

Hi Mr.Xphobe !

Glad you are still awake...

thanks for the comments but who told you the list ends here?

Offline kin hell

• Professor
  • Darwins +152/-7
« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2009, 09:27:27 AM »
So less than 50 famous converts.   ho-hum>>>>   

hmp 50% of the people on the planet are less than average.
It is statistically improbable that some famous people (no matter how smart) will not make ill-considered emotional decisions.
Humans are still monkeys.

Your holy book is no more legitimate than any other holy book.
Your god is no more real than any of the other gods you deny.
Your faith is wasted, but at least you feel good about it.

"...but on a lighter note, demons were driven from a pig today in Gloucester."  Bill Bailey

Offline Nick

• Laureate
  • Darwins +185/-8
« Reply #18 on: August 01, 2009, 09:29:07 AM »
Why would someone want to split the moon in half?  I guess this means Mohammad is the 1st person to get mooned.
Yo, put that in your pipe and smoke it.  Quit ragging on my Lord.

Tide goes in, tide goes out !!!

Offline jedweber

• Fellow
  • Darwins +19/-0
« Reply #19 on: August 01, 2009, 09:30:03 AM »
There are other people on the list who are not exactly worthy of emulation, either. Do you really want to cite Michael Jackson as a representative of Islam? 

Plus you cite many black Americans who joined the Nation of Islam. Many of these people probably joined as much for political reasons as religious. It was a way to show support for black nationalism or express their African-American identity. The Nation of Islam is considered a heretical sect by most other Muslims.

What does any of this prove? There are plenty of Muslims who have switched to other religions or become atheists, too. There would probably be a lot more if they weren't subject to criminal penalties by repressive Islamic governments. You can make lists of Jews who became Christian, Christians who became Buddhists, even atheists who became religious. So what?

Offline hmp

• Freshman
  • Darwins +0/-0
  • MOHSIN
« Reply #20 on: August 01, 2009, 10:39:53 AM »
So less than 50 famous converts.   ho-hum>>>>   

hmp 50% of the people on the planet are less than average.
It is statistically improbable that some famous people (no matter how smart) will not make ill-considered emotional decisions.
Humans are still monkeys.

Your holy book is no more legitimate than any other holy book.
Your god is no more real than any of the other gods you deny.
Your faith is wasted, but at least you feel good about it.

How can you say that blindly dear Kin Hell and Jed?

Before you are opposing a fact you have to deeply know about the entire contents of it.
Being a Muslim is actually no harm to anybody, this will lead us to paradise at the Judgment Day- You'll say this is useless fact, I agree with you... but at the same time do you know what are all the Benefits of an Islamian enjoys.... Please dont hesitate to know this
First of all GOD has directed the believers to do periodic Salah(Islamic Prayer) five times a day, this is a compulsory duty - No other religion has this rule : Salah is done in such a way that it naturally turns out to be a perfect exercise for the human body and at the same time a person doing Salah five times a day will naturally have atleast some fear in GOD and he would stay away from committing any crime. Moreover before performing Salah a believer must do the Vuzhu(Washing hands upto elbow, then face, mouth, feet and hair). This act, when a man does five times a day keeps hom clean and protects against the possibility of getting attracted to certain infectious diseaes.
Then the month of Ramzan... This is a month when GOD ordered the believers to do fasting,
not the kind of fasting as followed in some other beliefs(religions) but one that is unique and a bit difficult to the beginners.. One has to eat up in the morning before Sahar time( approx. 5:00 AM) then he should not even drink water until the Iftaar time(approx. 6:00PM)  There's an interesting scientific  fact that Fasting has been used by patients for weight management, to rest the digestive tract and for lowering lipids. There are many adverse effects of total fasting as well as of crash diets. Islamic fasting is different from such diet plans because in Ramadan fasting, there is no malnutrition or inadequate calorie intake. The calorie intake of Muslims during Ramadan is at or slightly below the nutritional requirement guidelines. In addition, the fasting in Ramadan is voluntarily taken and is not a prescribed imposition from the physician.

Ramadan is a month of self-regulation and self training, with the hope that this training will last beyond the end of Ramadan. If the lessons learned during Ramadan, whether in terms of dietary intake or righteousness, are carried on after Ramadan, there effects will be long lasting. Moreover, the type of food taken during Ramadan does not have any selective criteria of crash diets such as those which are protein only or fruit only type diets. Everything that is permissible is taken in moderate quantities.

The difference between Ramadan and total fasting is the timing of the food; during Ramadan, we basically miss lunch and take an early breakfast and do not eat until dusk. Abstinence from water for 8 to 10 hours is not necessarily bad for health and in fact, it causes concentration of all fluids within the body, producing slight dehydration. The body has its own water conservation mechanism; in fact, it has been shown that slight dehydration and water conservation, at least in plant life, improve their longevity.

The physiological effect of fasting includes lowering of blood sugar, lowering of cholesterol and lowering of the systolic blood pressure. In fact, Ramadan fasting would be an ideal recommendation for the treatment of mild to moderate, stable, non-insulin diabetes, obesity, and essential hypertension. In 1994 the first International Congress on "Health and Ramadan", held in Casablanca, entered 50 extensive studies on the medical ethics of fasting. While improvement in many medical conditions was noted; however, in no way did fasting worsen any patients' health or their baseline medical condition. On the other hand, patients who are suffering from sever diseases, whether type I diabetes or coronary artery disease, kidney stones, etc., are exempt from fasting and should not be allowed to fast.

There are psychological effects of fasting as well. There is a peace and tranquility for those who fast during the month of Ramadan. Personal hostility is at a minimum, and the crime rate decreases. Muslims take advice from the Prophet who said, "If one slanders you or aggresses against you, say I am fasting."

This psychological improvement could be related to better stabilization of blood glucose during fasting as hypoglycemia after eating, aggravates behavior changes. There is a beneficial effect of extra prayer at night. This not only helps with better utilization of food but also helps in energy output. There are 10 extra calories output for each unit of the prayer. Again, we do not do prayers for exercise, but a mild movement of the joints with extra calorie utilization is a better form of exercise. Similarly, recitation of the Quran not only produces a tranquility of heart and mind, but improves the memory.

One of the odd nights in the last 10 days of Ramadan is called the night of power when angels descend down, and take the prayer of worship to God for acceptance.

Fasting is a special act of worship which is only between humans and God since no one else knows for sure if this person is actually fasting. Thus God says in a hadith qudsi that "Fasting is for Me and I only will reward it". In another hadith, the Prophet Mohammad (peace be upon him) has said "If one does not give up falsehoods in words and actions, God has no need of him giving up food and drink".

There are more such benefits which are scientifically accepted but usually not known to a common lay man.

Offline jedweber

• Fellow
  • Darwins +19/-0
« Reply #21 on: August 01, 2009, 11:00:30 AM »
Being a Muslim is actually no harm to anybody,...

I don't know, it's been pretty harmful to women, gay people, religious minorities in Muslim countries, people who worked in the World Trade Center, that documentary filmmaker in Holland, and so on, and so on...

Offline kin hell

• Professor
  • Darwins +152/-7
« Reply #22 on: August 01, 2009, 11:11:32 AM »
hmp    You have to understand mate that this is an atheist forum.

We are not mood swinging emotional brats angry at god (we don't believe in god) thumb-sucking and squalling our way into a petulant state of dis-belief.
The majority of atheists here were theist at some stage, but came to doubt the reality of bible-god (and others) through exploration, thought, and in some cases much anguish.

So wall-of-text proselytising (such as you've posted below) is the least likely method of gaining respect, attention or even a slight interest.
I only tell you so you will understand the rebuff you are undoubtedly going to receive if you keep up "the good work".

And if you persist, you will no doubt be abused for being a god-bothering preaching missionary trolling this forum, before being asked to leave.

Offline Crocoduck

• Reader
  • Darwins +1/-0
  • Nothing Fails Like Prayer.
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #23 on: August 01, 2009, 12:45:55 PM »

One of the odd nights in the last 10 days of Ramadan is called the night of power when angels descend down, and take the prayer of worship to God for acceptance.

pics? and why does your god need animals to be sacrificed anyways?

sorry, but any god who can only truly express his word in Arabic is a fraud. study some history and you'll find Islam be nothing more than a rehash of ancient Persian and Greek mythology slapped onto ancient Judaism (but dont feel too bad, Christianity did the same thing).
atheism is not a religion... it is a personal relationship with reality.
V00d00Sixxx Youtube Channel

Offline Cycle4Fun

• Reader
  • Darwins +2/-0
« Reply #24 on: August 01, 2009, 01:08:45 PM »
    * Muhammad Ali - boxer
    * Matthew Saad Muhammad - world champion boxer (formerly Matt Franklin)
    * Dwight Muhammad Qawi - world champion boxer (formerly Dwight Braxton)
    * Eddie Mustapha Muhammad - world champion lightweight boxer (formerly Eddie Gregory)
    * Mustafa Hamsho - boxer
    * Akbar Muhammad - boxer
    * Mike Tyson - boxer
    * Hamdan Chris Eubank - boxer (super middleweight boxing champion)

This is my favorite part of the list.  After being repeatedly hit in the head, these guys converted to Islam!  I fail to see how people converting to Islam after suffering brain damage would sway anyone[1].

I also wonder were the Nobel Laureates in physics, chemistry, and medicine are?  Why is your list made up of musicians (often use drugs), athletes (often use drugs and suffer brain injuries), serial killers, and writers.  Where are the scientists?

This could be the worst attempt at conversion I've ever seen.
 1. http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2007/05/070502093035.htm
How do you define soul?
"A baseless assertion by simple-minded, superstitious individuals"
   -Starstuff

Offline Ambassador Pony

• Administrator
  • Darwins +71/-4
  • illuminatus
« Reply #25 on: August 01, 2009, 10:26:34 PM »

Excuse me, Mr. Pony,

Even in this modern age after the acceptation of Quraan by many Scientists and the conversion to islam made by great people like Neil Armstrong, Mohammed Ali(the famous boxer) , etc., etc. people like Mr.Jedweber are refusing to accept that Quraan is sent forth by GOD for us and it is scientifically compatible.  How come the 'Inventors & Discoverers' scientists of the olden days accept the High knowledge and truth of the Universe in the Quraan.  
But those days are over.. Ofcourse today the Modern Scientists are astonished at the great knowledge of the Noble book and they are frankly presenting their high opinion on it

So, you're refusing to answer my question?

I'll re-phrase in case you didn't understand. What scientific discoveries were made because of studying the Qu'aran? (i.e. someone was reading the qu'aran and discovered the atomic structure of radium, then confirmed the findings by doing the experiments).

Maybe you could cite just one, and go into detail about the process of discovery.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2009, 10:30:39 PM by Ambassador Pony »
You believe evolution and there is no evidence for that. Where is the fossil record of a half man half ape. I've only ever heard about it in reading.

Offline God indeed is imaginary

• Student
  • Darwins +0/-0
  • Asexual and atheist... and proud of both.
« Reply #26 on: August 02, 2009, 12:41:51 AM »

what do you think?

BULLFECES!

Offline velkyn

• Laureate
  • Darwins +169/-6
  • You're wearing the juice, aren't you?"
« Reply #27 on: August 03, 2009, 08:18:54 AM »
Kinhell, there is no necessity for me to lie and if GOD wants me to lie for him then He is not a GOD at all

so we have a lying Muslim who will not apologize for lying and who claims he's doing all of this for God.  Then we have the above claim, so we see that the God that hmp is supposedly worshipping isn't a god at all. 
"There is no use in arguing with a man who can multiply anything by the square root of minus 1" - Pirates of Venus, ERB

http://clubschadenfreude.wordpress.com/

Offline Ambassador Pony

• Administrator
  • Darwins +71/-4
  • illuminatus
« Reply #28 on: August 03, 2009, 08:29:57 AM »
Why is this clown kicking allah in the vagina by dishonestly avoiding my question?

What a hypocritical coward.

hmp, are you the best your god could send?