Poll

Do you think you have it in you to debate for $250,000 US?

Do you want $250,000 for a small amount of intelligence?
2 (100%)
$250,000 in your pocket or eternal life in Heaven which one are you?
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 2

Author Topic: $250,000 US Reward  (Read 1985 times)

hebrews138

$250,000 US Reward
« on: May 13, 2009, 05:31:23 PM »
www.drdino.com is offering $250,000 to anyone who can prove evolution and how ridiculous and the lies it has to offer as evidence. TRY HIM.

Offline Ambassador Pony

• You keep what you kill.
  • Administrator
  • Darwins +72/-4
  • illuminatus
Re: $250,000 US Reward
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2009, 05:32:24 PM »
Can he still transfer the money from jail?
You believe evolution and there is no evidence for that. Where is the fossil record of a half man half ape. I've only ever heard about it in reading.

Offline Dkit

• Reader
  • Darwins +3/-0
  • Nemesis Ridiculii
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2009, 05:32:45 PM »
LOL.
"The Bible is a Banquet table not a snack tray!" - Anonymous Facebook User

Offline Ambassador Pony

• You keep what you kill.
  • Administrator
  • Darwins +72/-4
  • illuminatus
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2009, 05:34:56 PM »
www.drdino.com is offering $250,000 to anyone who can prove evolution and how ridiculous and the lies it has to offer as evidence. TRY HIM.

What does the bolded sentence even mean?

LOL Poe
You believe evolution and there is no evidence for that. Where is the fossil record of a half man half ape. I've only ever heard about it in reading.

Offline Crocoduck

• Reader
  • Darwins +1/-0
  • Nothing Fails Like Prayer.
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2009, 05:37:42 PM »
its a scam, you have to meet Hovind's idea of evolution is- not the scientific definition.

at the same time Hovind hasnt answered my $1,000,000,000 god challenge to date either.
atheism is not a religion... it is a personal relationship with reality.
V00d00Sixxx Youtube Channel

Offline Omen

• Professor
  • Darwins +107/-15
  • One of the fucking bad guys; not friendly, tiger!
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2009, 05:41:48 PM »

What hovind calls 'evolution' has nothing to do with anything in the biological sciences.

Why would he do that?
« Last Edit: May 13, 2009, 05:43:27 PM by Omen »
"Religious faith is the antithesis to knowledge, it is the opposition to education, and it has to act in animosity against the free exchange of ideas.  Why? Because those things are what cause harm to a religions place in society most." - Me

Offline Irish

• Fellow
  • Darwins +18/-0
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2009, 07:26:12 PM »
1.) In order to do so you have to meet Hovinds idea of evolution.  Since his idea of evolution is the king of all straw men built upon religion you will never satisfy his erroneous definition of evolution.

2.) Can Mr. Hovind wire the money direct from his jail cell or will he have to be released first (in 2015) and then wire it to the recipient.

3.) If Mr. Hovind has $250,000 just laying around to give to a person that can show evidence for evolution (which a 6th grader could do) then why didn't he just use that $250,000 to pay his taxes?

4.) There is fine print on his offer that not only must you prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that evolution is the reason for the diverse life on this planet.... you must also prove that the Big Bang really did happen, the Bible is not the word of God, God does not exist, Jesus did not exist, the crucifixation never happened, yadda, yadda... basically he has enough fine print to safely keep his religious whims above any reasoning a person could do.
La scienze non ha nemici ma gli ignoranti.

Offline Hermes

• Professor
  • Darwins +2/-0
  • 1600 years of oppression ends; Zeus is worshiped.
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2009, 08:57:53 PM »
Hebrews138, thanks for bringing some humor to the forums!  More more!    :P
Smart people believe weird things because they are skilled at defending beliefs they arrived at for non-smart reasons. --Michael Shermer

The history of religion is a long attempt to reconcile old custom with new reason, to find a sound theory for an absurd practice.  --Sir James George Frazer

Offline Astreja

• Fellow
  • Darwins +367/-1
  • Agnostic goddess with Clue-by-Four™
    • The Springy Goddess
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2009, 10:17:56 PM »
TRY HIM.

Don't have to.  He's already been tried.

And convicted.  ;D
Reality Checkroom — Not Responsible for Lost Articles

Offline Hermes

• Professor
  • Darwins +2/-0
  • 1600 years of oppression ends; Zeus is worshiped.
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2009, 10:45:40 PM »
TRY HIM.

Don't have to.  He's already been tried.

And convicted.  ;D

And having no good convictions!
Smart people believe weird things because they are skilled at defending beliefs they arrived at for non-smart reasons. --Michael Shermer

The history of religion is a long attempt to reconcile old custom with new reason, to find a sound theory for an absurd practice.  --Sir James George Frazer

Offline Agamemnon

• Fellow
  • Darwins +15/-0
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2009, 09:12:28 AM »

Here's the challenge:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eric_Hovind#Hovind.27s_.24250.2C000_offer

According to Hovind's website, he has offered $10,000 since 1990 to those who can "prove the theory of evolution."[48] He has since raised the prize to $250,000.[49]

I have a standing offer of $250,000 to anyone who can give any empirical evidence (scientific proof) for evolution.* My $250,000 offer demonstrates that the hypothesis of evolution is nothing more than a religious belief.[48]

*NOTE: When I use the word evolution, I am not referring to the minor variations found in all of the various life forms (microevolution). I am referring to the general theory of evolution which believes these five major events took place without God:

1. Time, space, and matter came into existence by themselves.
2. Planets and stars formed from space dust.
3. Matter created life by itself.
4. Early life-forms learned to reproduce themselves.
5. Major changes occurred between these diverse life forms (i.e., fish changed to amphibians, amphibians changed to reptiles, and reptiles changed to birds or mammals).

This is nothing more than propaganda directed at your average incurious Christian that doesn't know what evolution is and doesn't make the effort to find out.  Theory of Evolution doesn't describe the formation of matter or planets or abiogenesis, so the first four items are only added to guarantee no one wins the money.  He may as well have added an item about proving the existence of alien life forms at Area 51, except everyone would have spotted it as an obvious lie.  He knows that #5 can easily be proven, so he had to fabricate the others to ensure the prize is never won.

People like this know that they don't have to actually prove or disprove anything.  They only have to create a tiny bit of doubt in the minds of the believer.  It doesn't matter if the doubt is based on lies or not, once it is there, the believer will take care of the rest.
So far as I can remember, there is not one word in the Gospels in praise of intelligence.  --Bertrand Russell

Online velkyn

• Laureate
  • Darwins +336/-19
  • You're wearing the juice, aren't you?"
« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2009, 11:30:16 AM »

oh, poor little hypocrite Christian.  Your fellow hypocrite would never give up that money.  First, as has been noted, he doesnt' have it.  What do you think about a Christian who steals and who doens't give "Caesar" what is "Caesar's" in direct opposition to Jesus' words?  What do you think about a Christian who lies?  Is it okay as long as he says he's a Christian and agrees with you? 

You and your willfully ignorant ilk have no problem with science when it is convenient and you benefit from it.  The same science that you accept without question when it gives you medicine, computers, criminal forensics, etc, is the same science that supports evolutionary theory. 
"There is no use in arguing with a man who can multiply anything by the square root of minus 1" - Pirates of Venus, ERB

http://clubschadenfreude.wordpress.com/

Offline mram

• Professor
  • Darwins +0/-0
  • DON'T PRESS THAT BUTTON!
    • Freeclassicflix
« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2009, 11:05:42 PM »
Hey, if I had enough money I would offer the very same reward for irrefutable truth that god exist..period. No strings attached. Just prove there is a god. Have him/her/it strike me dead on the spot for being atheist and it can't be someone mortal shooting me or poisoning me or anything like that.. It has to be a lightening bolt directly out of the sky (not some stupid hollywood scam trick..REAL GOD lightening) hit ME ON THE HEAD while i stand in the center of...{pick your own stadium}..on any cloudless, sunny day while millions watch.
The kicker..God almighty him/her/itself has to personally come and personally tell everyone watching that I was smite (d)  for blasphemy. .. OK..I guess those are strings, but screw em..
I bet if that happened every church would immediately be banned from existence that very moment. Sure would piss off a lot of preachers. ;)
Imagine gaining favor with "Darwin's"...kind of like praying, huh?

http://freeclassicflix.co.cc

Offline Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +640/-134
  • I'm on the road less traveled...
« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2009, 11:23:44 PM »
All I want to know is: is it tax deductible. 'Cause if it isn't, what's the point?

;)

-Nam
"presumptions are the bitch of all assumptions" -- me

Offline stevenswld

• Freshman
  • Darwins +0/-0
« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2009, 05:04:51 PM »
Hey, if I had enough money I would offer the very same reward for irrefutable truth that god exist..period. No strings attached. Just prove there is a god. Have him/her/it strike me dead on the spot for being atheist and it can't be someone mortal shooting me or poisoning me or anything like that.. It has to be a lightening bolt directly out of the sky (not some stupid hollywood scam trick..REAL GOD lightening) hit ME ON THE HEAD while i stand in the center of...{pick your own stadium}..on any cloudless, sunny day while millions watch.
The kicker..God almighty him/her/itself has to personally come and personally tell everyone watching that I was smite (d)  for blasphemy. .. OK..I guess those are strings, but screw em..
I bet if that happened every church would immediately be banned from existence that very moment. Sure would piss off a lot of preachers. ;)

The proof is already in front of your face and it's free of charge. You just can't see it. This is why the phrase "Blind leading the blind".

Offline Sebine

• Undergraduate
  • Darwins +0/-0
  • Because it's funny is as good a reason as any.
« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2009, 05:14:26 PM »
I'm a bleeding goddamn idiot with nothing intelligent to say

We knew that.

Now GTFO Steven, you have nothing to contribute, and like so many others you shovel the same shit thats been debunked a billion times
Admin1 is about as intelligent as your average fundie.

Offline Seank

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +0/-0
  • Typos are intentional, honest.
« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2009, 05:20:58 PM »
The proof is already in front of your face and it's free of charge. You just can't see it. This is why the phrase "Blind leading the blind".

A few verses later will lead to a question that appears to be in response to your post.

"And Jesus said, Are ye also yet without understanding?"
Matthew 15:16
"I yam what I yam and that's all that I yam"
Popeye (the sailor man)

Online velkyn

• Laureate
  • Darwins +336/-19
  • You're wearing the juice, aren't you?"
« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2009, 11:56:30 AM »

If it is "in front of my face" please tell me what it is if you can see it and I can't.  Let me guess, you'll claim that the universe is proof, whcih I would respond, "all theists claim that, which of you is right?" 
"There is no use in arguing with a man who can multiply anything by the square root of minus 1" - Pirates of Venus, ERB

http://clubschadenfreude.wordpress.com/

Offline LonestarGrandad

• Undergraduate
  • Darwins +0/-0
  • Not afraid of dying, afraid of not living.
« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2009, 12:15:41 PM »
Hey stevenswld, looks like I found you again.  It seems that I find you everywhere giving all kinds of answers.  Except one. 

You said,
I will gladly supply the correct answers to all questions on this site and you may be unhappy to find that it supports the truth of GOD instead of providing fuel for doubt.

Hey Steven,
I am still waiting for my Biblical Answer.  I really want to know the truth.  Why haven't you read my story and explained to me why God hates me so much?  Isn't my personal experience as important as theological discourse?  http://whywontgodhealamputees.com/forums/index.php?topic=7021.0

In another place you said
The author simply doesn't know GOD and is therefore left with no evidence of his own. Christ plainly said "They ask for a sign and none will be given them". You may recall that Christ healed those who believed in him. He showed miracles to those he drew unto himself. He did not go about casting pearls before swine. He did not satisfy the evil heart with such displays. If you expect to get anything from God, you must first ask with a pure heart and when you receive it, don't expect it to be witnessed by very many unbelievers.

Steven, from the time I was 12 until I was in my early forties, I fit the bill you just described.  I was a TRUE believer.  I knew God, I prayed, I tithed, I fasted, I abstained, I studied, I assembled with other believers, I washed feet, I preached, I ministered, I gave to the poor, I asked with a pure heart.  I believed and when I asked, I asked believing that I would receive.  If I would have received, it would have been witnessed by many believers.  So did God consider me "swine"?  Did God consider my heart to be evil?  Why did God choose to unequivocally ignore my need and refuse to answer?

Read my post:  http://whywontgodhealamputees.com/forums/index.php?topic=7021.0 and tell me why God wouldn't answer someone who truly did believe in Him.

You have made the declaration that you can give the answers, where's mine?
« Last Edit: June 24, 2009, 12:19:56 PM by LonestarGrandad »
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards."  Soren Kierkegaard