Author Topic: What is ur opinion [#1363]  (Read 461 times)

Offline DL

What is ur opinion [#1363]
« on: May 09, 2009, 03:40:58 PM »

So i watched part of ur video and i was wondering why u seem to hate religion and God in general. So please send me a message about ur beliefs and why u think God is not real. Or u can email me at [email]

[name]

Online Emily

• Professor
  • Darwins +50/-0
Re: What is ur opinion [#1363]
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2009, 03:49:52 PM »
My theory is simply: He doesn't exist, subtitled, " He Doesn't exist because there is no evidence for god, and Jesus at all!" I think it's pretty sound.

There is no evidence for god or Jesus, so I refuse to believe in something just because it been written about in a book. Until there is evidence, I'm gonna stick to my opinion.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2009, 03:51:58 PM by Emily »
"Great moments are born from great opportunities." Herb Brooks

I edit a lot of my posts. The reason being it to add content or to correct grammar/wording. All edits to remove wording get a strike through through the wording.

Offline hickdive

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +32/-0
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2009, 04:09:38 PM »
My theory is simply: He doesn't exist, subtitled, " He Doesn't exist because there is no evidence for god, and Jesus at all!" I think it's pretty sound.

There is no evidence for god or Jesus, so I refuse to believe in something just because it been written about in a book. Until there is evidence, I'm gonna stick to my opinion.

What she said.

But, as an aside, why can't these people use 'you' and 'your'? Is there some commandment to use text speak instead of English?
Stupidity, unlike intelligence, has no limits.

Offline Tails_155

• Reader
  • Darwins +1/-0
  • L!5
    • The Enigma Puzzle
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2009, 04:15:12 PM »
if he had watched the whole video he might have known...
Live! Learn! Laugh! Love! Lead!

I'm not all analysis, I like art, too: See?

Online Emily

• Professor
  • Darwins +50/-0
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2009, 04:29:59 PM »
why can't these people use 'you' and 'your'?
because he's kewl...
"Great moments are born from great opportunities." Herb Brooks

I edit a lot of my posts. The reason being it to add content or to correct grammar/wording. All edits to remove wording get a strike through through the wording.

Offline Hermes

• Professor
  • Darwins +2/-0
  • 1600 years of oppression ends; Zeus is worshiped.
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2009, 05:21:30 PM »
So i watched part of ur video and i was wondering why u seem to hate religion

Where do the videos show hate toward religion?

and God in general.

The Christian deity God is imaginary.  That's the point of the videos.  What's the purpose of addressing a non-existent entity with any strong emotion such as hate?

So please send me a message about ur beliefs and why u think God is not real. Or u can email me at

As for the Christian deity, many Christians (but not all Christians) say that their god named God is all powerful, all knowing, and all good.

If this is how you describe your deity, then I can tell you why it does not exist.  If this does not describe your deity, then I'd need to know more about your deity to let you know if I think it is impossible, unlikely, probable, or even if it definitely exists.

I don't think all deities/gods are impossible, though I haven't encountered one that was probable with the exception of people who say they consider god to be pure love or some other existing state of mind.  Yet, even the people who say god is love tend to go beyond what love is and give other attributes to their deity, showing that they don't mean god is love but that love is one of the things they think their deity does.  This tends to make what they claimed earlier meaningless and thus no longer probable.
Smart people believe weird things because they are skilled at defending beliefs they arrived at for non-smart reasons. --Michael Shermer

The history of religion is a long attempt to reconcile old custom with new reason, to find a sound theory for an absurd practice.  --Sir James George Frazer

Offline Irish

• Fellow
  • Darwins +18/-0
  • Moraxella catarrhalis on BA
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2009, 06:08:34 PM »

I vote for this.  There is absolutely no evidence for the deity of the Christian religion and I will not accept something as reality on faith alone.  Just as I do not believe in Leprechauns, because of the shear lack of evidence of their existence, I do not believe in gods.
La scienze non ha nemici ma gli ignoranti.

Offline Ashe

• Reader
  • Darwins +10/-1
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2009, 06:51:25 PM »
Mmm, another vote for "What Emily said."
2 miles!
"All men(humans )were demon possed and were planning to attack God. Just like if you talk back to your parents." - Failbag quote

Offline deconvertedone

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +1/-0
  • My dog isn't an atheist, he thinks I'm God.
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2009, 09:37:47 PM »

So i watched part of ur video and i was wondering why u seem to hate religion and God in general. So please send me a message about ur beliefs and why u think God is not real. Or u can email me at [email]

[name]

Explain suffering and why God allows it (assuming he is real.)  25,000 children die in this world every day from famine and God doesn't give a rat's rear about it because he isn't there.

Most of us don't hate the God of Abraham because we believe he is a Bronze Age myth. 
The memory of my own suffering has prevented me from ever shadowing one young soul with the superstition of the Christian religion.
Elizabeth Cady Stanton

Offline Cumulo Nimbus

• E*PAK*SA
  • Postgraduate
  • Darwins +0/-0
  • Are You Ready for the Pon-Chak?!
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2009, 02:26:15 PM »
Hermes' usual yet brilliant copy-paste is enough to shut this one up.  ;)

But I don't hate god because you can't hate something that doesn't exist.
I hate what religion does to people though.  I hate what people do in the name of religion.
It's enough to make me sick.