Author Topic: ns [#1368]  (Read 210 times)

Offline DL

ns [#1368]
« on: May 09, 2009, 03:49:54 PM »
I read the following on your website:

"If God is real and if God inspired the Bible, then we should worship God as the
Bible demands. We should certainly post the Ten Commandments in our courthouses and
shopping centers, put "In God We Trust" on the money and pray in our schools."

This is half right and half wrong.  You are right that if God is real and if God
inspired the Bible, then we should worship God as the Bible demands.  But then you
contradict yourself, because you tell us that we should do something that the Bible
DOES NOT DEMAND.... which is "to post the Ten Commandments in our courthouses and
shopping centers..."  The Bible does not demand this.  So you are half correct, and
half incorrect.

If I am wrong, please let me know where the Bible says to post the Ten Commandments
in our courthouses and shopping centers.

"I warn everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: If anyone adds
anything to them, God will add to him the plagues described in this book."  -
Revelation 22:18

Sincerely yours,

Offline Emily

• Professor
  • Darwins +49/-0
Re: ns [#1368]
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2009, 03:54:14 PM »
You missed the point of the website. Where the 10 commandments get posted is not a concern of ours. The thing about the 10 commands in the courthouses is more like a, "We should be putting gods word everywhere" type of thing. Watch these videos and formulate another question
http://www.whywontgodhealamputees.com/all-videos.htm
or read the chapters and ask formulate a question
http://www.whywontgodhealamputees.com/god-toc.htm

if you'd like to question the website.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2009, 04:04:07 PM by Emily »
"Great moments are born from great opportunities." Herb Brooks

I edit a lot of my posts. The reason being it to add content or to correct grammar/wording. All edits to remove wording get a strike through through the wording.

Offline Tails_155

• Reader
  • Darwins +1/-0
  • L!5
    • The Enigma Puzzle
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2009, 04:28:06 PM »
Revelation 22:18

Council of Nicaea
Catholic Church
the 10,000+ other sects of Christianity
Muslims
Christians (yes, including Mormons and JWs)
everyone who reads it and doesn't come to a literal understanding of the original bible.
Live! Learn! Laugh! Love! Lead!

I'm not all analysis, I like art, too: See?

Offline GotMooo

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2009, 06:40:20 PM »
If I am wrong, please let me know where the Bible says to post the Ten Commandments
in our courthouses and shopping centers.

It's not important.  The point was, if the Christian God is real, then we should spread the word everywhere possible, and align with what he demands.  The Bible doesn't say not to post the Ten Commandments in our courthouses and shopping centers either.  Either way this is a silly argument.