Author Topic: your videos [#174]  (Read 481 times)

Offline DL

your videos [#174]
« on: August 07, 2008, 02:03:59 AM »

I think your videos are sick and untrue. All you have to do to become a christian is ask God into your heart. He saved you from certain death through Jesus dying on the cross and his reserection. He conquered death so we may have life. Do not reject him! Once you are his he reveals himself to you. He shows you all the anwers to those stupid questions in your video. I could answer all ten of them if I had tried to. I am sad you have turned so far away from God but it is not too late!

Offline StPatrick

• Reader
  • Darwins +2/-0
  • The patron saint of WWGHA
Re: your videos [#174]
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2008, 07:37:17 AM »
Most of us here were former, devout Christians.  Some were even ministers, missionaries, and the like.  We asked God for faith.  He said no.
If we come together and do not fight over religion, class and borders then we hold the key to a peaceful world. There are two possible futures in store; either a March of power and greed or a March of a unified human race.

Offline Dkit

• Reader
  • Darwins +3/-0
  • Nemesis Ridiculii
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2008, 08:54:54 AM »
I gave up following any religion which boasts human sacrifice and cannibalism. 

Please stop by and answer the ten questions for us. 
"The Bible is a Banquet table not a snack tray!" - Anonymous Facebook User

Offline Airyaman

• Fellow
  • Darwins +17/-2
  • Alignment: True Neutral
    • Moving Beyond Faith
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2008, 09:16:40 AM »

I think your videos are sick and untrue.

Thinking does not always equate to reality.

All you have to do to become a christian is ask God into your heart.

My heart is a muscle that pumps blood. Why would your god want to inhabit one of my muscles?

He saved you from certain death through Jesus dying on the cross and his reserection.

Odd, but the grave yards are full of Christians. In fact, many churches have graveyards right behind them!

He conquered death so we may have life.

Nope, he died. How can you conquer death if you're dead?

Do not reject him!

Where is he? I can't see or hear him, so how can you reject something that is not there?

Once you are his he reveals himself to you.

Wait, how can you accept something that is not already revealed?

He shows you all the anwers to those stupid questions in your video.

Because goodness knows his followers do such a poor job providing the answers.

I could answer all ten of them if I had tried to.

Yet you didn't. Why even bother to make the statement then?

I am sad you have turned so far away from God but it is not too late!

Which direction is he? East, west?

Seriously, you aren't really sad. You've got your "get out of hell free" card so its all good.
If you are following God why can I still see you?

Offline velkyn

• Laureate
  • Darwins +169/-6
  • You're wearing the juice, aren't you?"
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2008, 09:54:15 AM »

I think your videos are sick and untrue. All you have to do to become a christian is ask God into your heart. He saved you from certain death through Jesus dying on the cross and his reserection. He conquered death so we may have life. Do not reject him! Once you are his he reveals himself to you. He shows you all the anwers to those stupid questions in your video. I could answer all ten of them if I had tried to. I am sad you have turned so far away from God but it is not too late!

sorry, been there done that.  No response from God. 

So, why didn't you try to answer the questions.  hint, look at other posts in the mail bag before wasting time repeating the same things over and over. 

BTW, why is your deity the right one?  Can you give me evidence that makes him any more real than say, Odin, Vishnu, Zeus, Ra, Tezcatlipoca, etc? 
"There is no use in arguing with a man who can multiply anything by the square root of minus 1" - Pirates of Venus, ERB

http://clubschadenfreude.wordpress.com/

Offline Vynn

• Reader
  • Darwins +1/-0
  • 1st an infidel, then a heretic, now an atheist!
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2008, 11:39:25 AM »
He saved you from certain death through Jesus dying on the cross and his reserection. He conquered death so we may have life.

Awesome! I'll never die!

I am sad you have turned so far away from God but it is not too late!

Wait, i thought he already saved me from certain death, are you saying he didn't, now?

Offline MadBunny

• Fellow
  • Darwins +110/-0
  • Fallen Illuminatus
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2008, 03:52:00 PM »
Is there some reason why Jesus didn't pay the same price for sin that everybody else has to pay? 
Sin that supposedly he saved us all from?
Give a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a night.  Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Offline Codswallop

• Reader
  • Darwins +1/-0
  • Cod helps those who help themselves.
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2008, 05:55:46 PM »
Is there some reason why Jesus didn't pay the same price for sin that everybody else has to pay? 
Sin that supposedly he saved us all from?

Supposedly, he was without sin.

Nevertheless, the idea that the whole crucifixion thing was payment for all the sins of everybody who ever lived and ever would live (at least hypothetically, if absolutely EVERYBODY accepted Jesus) is pretty hard to swallow.

I mean, he's a god, and he knows he's a god, and he's going to be resurrected (which he also knows, being a god). So, as Julia Sweeny points out, "Jesus had a bad weekend for our sins."

What was the big sacrifice again?

"You've got to remember that these are just simple farmers. These are people of the land. The common clay of the new West. You know... morons."
             --Gene Wilder as The Waco Kid, Blazing Saddles