Author Topic: Mailbag  (Read 354 times)

Offline Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +640/-134
  • I'm on the road less traveled...
Mailbag
« on: April 21, 2009, 11:50:47 PM »
It seems, as of late, or all along, that the mailbag is filled with work done at other websites with absolutely no attribution given to the person who originally wrote it; and even then the website that it can be found at probably plagiarized it or took it from another website.

In the past 2+ days alone multiple mailings from one particular website (Living Waters) has been placed in that area when it's quite obvious that it's not the original work of the person who sent it. Can't these be filtered out? Or, at least, if we find that it's been plagiarized, and provide proof of such plagiarism, that it be deleted? Because really it's probably just promoting plagiarism, especially by the people who send it (making it sort of spam and probably have no intention of joining the website in the first place) and then when joining they just continuously plagiarize anyway.

Plus, I think people are tired of responding to the same thing over and over again; and I realize this will happen on a website of this accord but perhaps eliminating such apparent plagiarism will lessen such things in the future.

Just a thought.

-Nam
« Last Edit: April 21, 2009, 11:52:18 PM by Nam »
"presumptions are the bitch of all assumptions" -- me

Offline Irish

• Fellow
  • Darwins +18/-0
Re: Mailbag
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2009, 01:20:11 AM »
I have to agree with you about this.  I don't know if it's one person sending repeated emails, or a group, chance, or what but here lately the stream of plagiarized or cited unoriginal works has risen dramatically.
La scienze non ha nemici ma gli ignoranti.

Offline Persian

• Graduate
  • Darwins +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2009, 01:50:53 AM »
You could put another moderator in the Mailbag section to filter out the reposts/plagiarized material maybe?

I get sick of it too...

Offline Inactive_A

• Reader
  • Darwins +5/-3
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2009, 08:51:29 PM »
Report material that has been plagiarized, while citing an origin location and we will follow up.

Use the 'report this post' function.

Offline Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +640/-134
  • I'm on the road less traveled...
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2009, 09:10:29 PM »
I'll do this for future postings, way too many to go through in the mailbag.

-Nam
"presumptions are the bitch of all assumptions" -- me