Author Topic: Hello.. [#1256]  (Read 859 times)

Offline DL

Hello.. [#1256]
« on: April 10, 2009, 05:51:20 PM »

Hi,

don't get me wrong, I don't want to offend you in any way (I hope you don't want to offend other people either? in spite of your videos? or do you "only" want to offend God? - I can tell you.. You will loose. It's a lost fight. So please, become wise.)

You think you ARE wise, but I have to tell you that you are not. The "wisest" people on earth they will never get to know the Living, Loving AND (you forgot this - also very important - thing) RIGHTEOUS God, if they don't learn to be humble. Satan wanted the same: He wanted to BE GOD. To be LIKE Him. He wanted to be WISER THAN GOD. He thought he was. And BIGGER THAN GOD. KNOWING EVERYTHING BETTER THAN GOD. BUT.. GOD is the Eternal One, so Satan uses his deathbringing lies to make humans believe and follow HIM (sometimes without themselves knowing or recognizing, but it's a sad and true fact, you can see the fruits of it all over this world) so that they would NOT follow the graceful, hope- and life-giving Almighty, the Lord and the Saviour of this evil world.

You wonder why it is EVIL ? Because of persons like You (I'm nothing better, I was exactly THE SAME - to my own shame and blame), who don't have God in their heart, who are not 'born again' by the Spirit of the Father and don't even reach out for knowing HIM.
Let me recommend you to click on this link here, it doesn't bite ;) it's "only" and nothing less than the Word of the Living God - to read it ONLINE.. www.bibleserver.com (Recommended by 'me' - lol -, because I really think that this could help you understand everything better and change your life!, is the Gospel of JOHN in the New Testament and also the LETTER OF PAUL TO THE ROMANS. You will get many questions answered if you only would want to hear and believe GOD'S and not Humans opinion to everything.)
The Bible is not a sect, it is not a religion. No. The Living God and His Word (who is JESUS) have never ever created any religion or other lies that seem to "rule" our world today. What HE wants and wishes is a living relationship to every human soul. It's to make YOU His personal Child and GOD your Father.

It's always US who choose to deny Him. But HE has always been there and always will BE !!! He is unchangeable, His Glory and Kingdom will come and His LOVE will be forever, and no more pain, no more tears, not even the DEATH will be, but we will LIVE and LOVE and BE LOVED - FOREVER... for those who BELIEVE.
With my death, for me there will begin the most wonderful, comforted and love-filled eternity that we as humans could ever imagine. And there will be so much more GOOD which is all prepared already.

And you wonder why children are starving ?? Because YOU AND I have MORE THAN enough to eat.
WE have the fault, WE are the sinners, WE are the EGOS !! WE did and do wrong, WE have no heart. WE have made this world what it is. We humans. WE rape, WE hate, WE murder, WE fight, WE swear, WE lie, WE betray, WE forsake, WE create evil plans in our thoughts, WE are the good on the outside but covering what's inside. We are such "fakes, liars and egoists" who only think in themselves always in the first place. We can't deny it, it's just a fact. We have a conscience. And even if we want or try to betray ourselves, we still have this conscience that wants us to wake up and to reach out for the TRUTH. That's why so many people have a bad conscience. And some try very hard to not listen to what it says.
And God --> is still patient with us and wants us to CHANGE, to regret. He doesn't want ANYONE to go to hell (because in Heaven there can be NO sin) even if we ALL would not deserve anything BETTER than hell, me to begin with .

Come to HIM if you want to go to Heaven one day and be sure of it. You can only be saved by the belief in the name of JESUS CHRIST and by accepting His forgiveness of Your personal Sins. He was sent to earth to save YOU (and me) from our sins and to set us free from all existing lies, to open our eyes about His Will and good plan for earth and humans, and make us understand, and to give us eternal life in abundance - for us to be save and secure. Forever.
Our short life here will not last for too long. You never know when there will come "your" day, so please, think about it, don't judge, but first humble, dear YouTuber! It will be for Your Best...

Your video does not talk about the Living God 'of the Bible'. It's self-made Human-thinking mixed with some facts of Truth.. But most of what I've seen in this video that I've watched before, are thoughts of what you have been told by other people. Don't believe everything you hear, prove if it's from GOD (there are too many lies around on this earth :-( ... ), and if He really exists, by reading HIS WORD - The Bible, you will get to know the Truth and will be able to distinguish the bad from the good, the lies from the eternal truth.
I also don't agree with the thoughts that you have spoken about so-called "Christians" --> those are NOT Christians as the Bible says ('real' Christians are the ones who have a personal, LIVING, relationship with CHRIST - so not "all" christians are REAL christians, that's why I don't call myself a so-called 'Christian'. I'm not religious. But I believe :) - who decided to believe Him, whom's sins are forgiven, who know that they are save. Those are (or should be, because of this undescribable Heavenly Gift they got) thankful, and humble. And maybe they don't have an answer (or the answers that God-less people want to hear ;) to "every" question. But they know, GOD has. And we can come with EVERYTHING before him. (But I also disagree in what you think about this type of christianity who is a false one I think - Talking about the ones who think that God "has to heal everything" or some would maybe say "he WILL heal everything" and are disappointed if it doesn't happen. Well, the fact is, that GOD became Human and He DID wonders. But WE are NOT GOD. So we can come to Him in prayer, we can beg him, thank him, talk to him, but we have to let HIM decide what he will do with everyone in life. And He promises us in his Word that children when they die will be save. They cannot say Yes or No to God. And I told you, He is ALL RIGHTEOUSNESS.

If you don't say Yes to God, you that you are old enough and conscient about your faults, if you don't say YES to Him and believe Him, you are automatically against Him.

Please, think it over. He is waiting for you as He was waiting for to come unto him, to His open arms, to give my restless soul peace, love and life (and believe me, I was like "dead" before. He really, really saved me personally. I KNOW He LIVES.)

And one day, NO ONE WILL ASK ANY MORE THING. BUT WE WILL UNDERSTAND BECAUSE THEN WE WILL "SEE". Until then we have HIS WORD to believe in and we can take the Living Hope of God to light up our hearts and lives, even in our moments when we will have to go through the process of dying, everyone of us...

So unfortunately most of the so-called "Christians" that you describe, are not even BELIEVERS.
Today is the day when the LORD says to you: Today, when you hear my voice(my words) don't ignore them, because I want to save you.

Humble yourself (and if it would be the only moment in your whole life that you would be humble - do it! try it out) before it is too late for YOU !

Be blessed.
With Love.
[name]

Offline Tails_155

• Reader
  • Darwins +1/-0
  • L!5
    • The Enigma Puzzle
Re: Hello.. [#1256]
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2009, 06:04:39 PM »
sprinkling capital words throughout a long rant doesn't add any truth to it

I see no difference between one OneAndOnlyTrueHonestCompletelyCorrectFollowsTheBibleLikeItIsSupposedToBeFollowedChristian™ and the next, so these "real Christians" are all just other SPAGs living the Burger King Christianity just like you

I rape no one. I murder no one. Swearing is a subjective concept. We do have hearts, without them, the circulatory system doesn't function correctly. We do have consciences, and it's explainable through evolution and social norms. If he doesn't want anyone to go to hell, why not redefine "sin?" Or is he not omnipotent enough to do that? Oxymoron.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2009, 06:10:33 PM by Tails_155 »
Live! Learn! Laugh! Love! Lead!

I'm not all analysis, I like art, too: See?

Offline Nick

• Laureate
  • Darwins +177/-8
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2009, 06:06:06 PM »
God is imaginary...why would I want to give my life to something that is not real.  Adults don't need imaginary friends.  Maybe it is time for you to grow up and try living without a security blanket.
Yo, put that in your pipe and smoke it.  Quit ragging on my Lord.

Tide goes in, tide goes out !!!

Offline Irish

• Fellow
  • Darwins +18/-0
  • Moraxella catarrhalis on BA
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2009, 06:28:57 PM »

La scienze non ha nemici ma gli ignoranti.

Offline Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +290/-80
  • I'm on the road less traveled...
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2009, 06:31:02 PM »
I think I got stupider after reading the totality of your OP.

-Nam
This is my signature "Nam", don't I have nice typing skills?

Offline Hermes

• Professor
  • Darwins +2/-0
  • 1600 years of oppression ends; Zeus is worshiped.
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2009, 06:40:08 PM »
I have a question;

Why do you follow a deity that can't even deal with one demon?
Smart people believe weird things because they are skilled at defending beliefs they arrived at for non-smart reasons. --Michael Shermer

The history of religion is a long attempt to reconcile old custom with new reason, to find a sound theory for an absurd practice.  --Sir James George Frazer

Offline Emily

• Professor
  • Darwins +49/-0
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2009, 06:45:48 PM »
And you wonder why children are starving ?? Because YOU AND I have MORE THAN enough to eat.
WE have the fault, WE are the sinners, WE are the EGOS !! WE did and do wrong, WE have no heart. WE have made this world what it is. We humans. WE rape, WE hate, WE murder, WE fight, WE swear, WE lie, WE betray, WE forsake, WE create evil plans in our thoughts, WE are the good on the outside...

Than why don't WE pay the consequences instead of THOSE poor children? God should make us suffer and NOT the innocent children. It kinda sounds like we aren't getting the punishment we deserve, but rather the poor, innocent children. When you got in trouble as a kid, did your punishment get passed down to your siblings instead of you (assuming you have siblings, of course)
"Great moments are born from great opportunities." Herb Brooks

I edit a lot of my posts. The reason being it to add content or to correct grammar/wording. All edits to remove wording get a strike through through the wording.

Offline Nick

• Laureate
  • Darwins +177/-8
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2009, 06:50:50 PM »
Good point !!!  Have your God come get us nasty atheists and leave those poor kids in Aftica alone or at least see to it that they get fed.
Yo, put that in your pipe and smoke it.  Quit ragging on my Lord.

Tide goes in, tide goes out !!!

Offline StPatrick

• Reader
  • Darwins +2/-0
  • The patron saint of WWGHA
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2009, 07:50:22 PM »
WE did and do wrong
WE have the fault
WE have made this world what it is
WE are the sinners

Maybe you did.  I didn't do anything.
If we come together and do not fight over religion, class and borders then we hold the key to a peaceful world. There are two possible futures in store; either a March of power and greed or a March of a unified human race.

Offline deconvertedone

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +1/-0
  • My dog isn't an atheist, he thinks I'm God.
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2009, 09:16:22 PM »
I'm exhausted, but still not saved.  I'm sure you are a sincere person, but boy are you deluded.
The memory of my own suffering has prevented me from ever shadowing one young soul with the superstition of the Christian religion.
Elizabeth Cady Stanton

Offline Ashe

• Reader
  • Darwins +10/-1
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2009, 12:41:57 PM »
WE did and do wrong
WE have the fault
WE have made this world what it is
WE are the sinners

Maybe you did.  I didn't do anything.

Amen.
2 miles!
"All men(humans )were demon possed and were planning to attack God. Just like if you talk back to your parents." - Failbag quote

Offline Frank

• Reader
  • Darwins +38/-20
  • You're doin' my head in!!
« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2009, 08:02:22 PM »

Hi,

don't get me wrong, I don't want to offend you in any way (I hope you don't want to offend other people either? in spite of your videos? or do you "only" want to offend God? - I can tell you.. You will loose. It's a lost fight. So please, become wise.)

The fact that you are alive is offending me right now. You want to stop offending me? KILL YOURSELF!
"Atheism is not a mission to convert the world. It only seems that way because when other religions fall away, atheism is what is left behind".

Offline Hermes

• Professor
  • Darwins +2/-0
  • 1600 years of oppression ends; Zeus is worshiped.
« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2009, 08:47:39 PM »
Hi,

The fact that you are alive is offending me right now. You want to stop offending me? KILL YOURSELF!

Hmmmm... a bit over the top, ay there Frank?   :-\
Smart people believe weird things because they are skilled at defending beliefs they arrived at for non-smart reasons. --Michael Shermer

The history of religion is a long attempt to reconcile old custom with new reason, to find a sound theory for an absurd practice.  --Sir James George Frazer

Offline GotMooo

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +0/-0
« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2009, 04:00:54 AM »
I lost a few brain cells from this OP.    :(

Offline Frank

• Reader
  • Darwins +38/-20
« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2009, 10:19:57 AM »
Hi,

Hmmmm... a bit over the top, ay there Frank?   :-\

Not in the least. These people are offending my intelligence on a daily basis. I have no doubt the world would be better off without them.
"Atheism is not a mission to convert the world. It only seems that way because when other religions fall away, atheism is what is left behind".

Offline Reh?

« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2009, 05:34:17 PM »
Whoever wrote the original email that got posted up on here, God bless you. While everyone else on here is cutting you apart, I am completely with you. We share the same views on God and what having a relationship with him is like. You are not alone. There is nothing quite like having a relationship with God, who we can have two way communication with.

A lot of people think we are the closed minded ones, who are not able to see outside our little box. Many others think that those who believe in a God are weak; they are afraid, without anything else to hang on to, or are too insecure to be able to take care of themselves. God is not an imaginary friend, he is a very real friend – living right now. I do not choose to follow God because I am weak (it’s actually not easy at all believing and following God in a world who does not acknowledges Him and thinks you are a fool for confiding in Him). If anything, if I were weak, I would NOT believe and follow God; it takes so much effort do it in this society, and while I’m not some strong courageous person, I’m just saying.... following God and believing in a living supernatural being is NOT the easy way out.
I do not choose God because I feel like I have no choice, or because I feel like I have no other option. I have tried a life without him, and it is empty and raw. (although its sinful pleasures are definitely fun for the time being, but it is empty). I have actively chosen God, not because my life has fallen apart or because I am rejected by society. My life is stable, advancing steadily, and society and other people have well accepted me. I however have chosen to break free because I have always known God in my heart, and he actively calls me back to Him because he loves m so much. Having a relationship with God is not just sitting alone in a room reading a book written 2000 years ago and then ritually saying a prayer. It is instead, no different than any other form of relationship! It involves TWO-WAY communication, and shared feelings between myself and Him. He is living, and active. There is a feeling around having an ongoing relationship with him that is NOT just one’s conscious, and its indescribable experience is no different than when you experience something crazy and you say “wow.. it’s a good thing this happened while I was here, because if I wasn’t, I don’t think I would have believed it.”

Those who have not crossed over to the other side are not able to feel what it is like, because they have never had anything like it before. It is not a submission to a fake being, or becoming closed minded. It is quite the opposite, which is why I understand why non-believers have every reason to think we are crazy, desperate, and really, just plain stupid.

Like I say, God communicates back to you. He usually does this via other methods that a voice, but let me tell you, he DOES and CAN communicate as a physical voice in the room with you! You can pray all you want: “Okay, God, I’m laying it down right now. I’ll believe you if you speak to me with a voice right now. I will. Please, if you are up there and you care... speak to me! (or give me some other physical sign)”... He isn’t going to! By PHYSICALLY proving himself to us this easily, it means we only believe by what we see. Anyone can do that. It takes nothing to belive from something like that. He wants us to believe by faith! It is much more likely he will give us a physical sign once we ALREADY believe after a lot of time, because at this point, we have already demonstrated ongoing faith, and now he doesn’t mind giving us the cool gift of a physical sign. And it won’t be when we expect it. And it won’t necessarily happen to everyone, because frankly, not everyone needs a physical miracle right in front of them that proves God. Lots of other things verify God’s reality as you live close to Him and seek him, but he knows that physical signs are just flat out awesome, so when this happens, consider it a pure gift.

When I say faith, I don’t mean blindly following something we can never see in despair.. when we TRULY open our hearts FULLY (and fully is actually key), we will actually feel Him living in us... sometimes its kind of a like a warm tingly thing, but its not just our conscious or our minds playing a trick on us... that’s what I mean, its a living, separate presence from our own that can felt be there inside of us... I can't write it down... and it frustrates me not to be able to convey this reality to you! Non-believers just haven’t experienced anything like God’s living presence in their life. True Christians are not just blindly, stupidly following something. They follow because they see and feel it there! It isn’t just real to THEM, it is REAL! Flat out! And they have found it! It’s just incredible. And he will reveal himself slowly in our lives as we seek Him. It isn’t easy, and He is very confusing and impossible to fully understand, but He is there my friends.

It doesn’t mean non-believers are actually the stupid ones. I realize that when you haven’t experienced it first hand, just hearing it sounds ridiculous and nuts. And looking at all the hard, terrible things in the world (like poverty, war, famine....etc etc etc for a long list) makes it seem like there is nooo way there could be a God, and if there is, he certainly couldn’t be loving, could He? I am aware of these bad things, and still, I know there is a living, loving God. I am not NAIVE to the bad things, and I do not push them aside in my mind. I do NOT think: “uh oh, this does sound convincing against God’s exsitance.. im going to stop thinking about it now.. its uncomfortable”. I DO openly look at these issues in our world, and there are real explanations for all of them (not gonna type them up here, but if someone wants to know, ask away). I have first-hand discovered and felt God, he IS real, and IS loving (often beyond our grasp).

You must all have so many ways to rebuttal what I have typed here, and all kinds of different arguments to throw at me. Many (not alll, but many) of your comments are connected to a ‘hah! You didn’t think of it THAT way, did you??” sort of tone. I HAVE thought of it! I have thought of every rebuttal you can use already, because I have encountered it on my own and through what other people have already said! I am not naive, and I am not intellectually stupid! I am not closed minded! There is no new angle you can throw at me! Through it all, I still KNOW that God is real, not just for me in my own little world, but in the WHOLE world – everyone’s world . He LIVES, and when you have a relationship with him, you realize he is as real as any friend you have that you could call any time or hang out with whenever you wanted. He is there. Extrememly difficult to connect with, and you hae to be very open, receptive, patient, and dedicated, but he rewards those who earnestly seek him.

I don’t think I’m going to like, convert anybody by this msg, but hopefully someone will be open to it. Again, though, I wouldn’t necessarily expect anyone to be converted by it. But this is my second try writing the entire thing, because the first time I did I copied and pasted it, so if I lost it, I could paste it back again, and then I clicked  “submit”, and my slow internet started pending it through. I opened a document in Word to save it just in case. ..The power went out, and I lost this whole thing!

Again, while i don’t think anyone will be miraculously converted by my words, Satan still is not happy with me writing these words and putting it up here. To you, it might just be another Christian ranting.. to me, I’m really doing my duty in opening up about it. Satan really is not cool with that, and I don’t exaggerate or lie about the power outage or its timing. I am mezmorized it would happen at THAT moment, seriously. What is that? I have to laugh...You don’t even know... the litte internet thingem was spinning and processing it through, and I was just going to paste it and save it in Microsoft word and then it all gets lost in a power outage..
Fine, call this one a coincidence if you want, but its nothing, still, compared to other things. The kind of certainty I have in a living God is nothing like this one little thing. I jsut found it interesting. God is real, and once you have Him, you realize his presence is not just a nice thought up feeling or a reliance in something else because you are desperate. I wish I could convey in words the same kind of knowledge I have in the fact He is real, and loves you very much. He is aware of how much reason you ahve not to believe in Him. He knows that if he just gives you a sign you'll believe. He knows that. And as you have said before "God, show me a sign and I'll believe" he DID hear you! And he knows that when he doesnt show you that sign, it makes you not  believe even more! He knows that! God's different than we are... we (always including myself) are so.. superficial.. so "if i see it i'll believe it".. he is on a different realm.. a different spectrum.. one so much mroe patient and complex. He desires that we seek him with much effort and longing for him. He could p rove himself to us any time he wants, and he could have robotically programmed us to follow him. We don't want to pay our friends to hang out with us.. instead, we want them to like us! We want them to call us, and ask us to hang out, and we want them want us! In the same way, he has no use for a robotic human programmed to believe in him easily. He wants us to WANT to love him! He wants us to desire him! He has feelings, and is so sad when we don't want him. He watches us like a Father who's son does not choose to love him. he could say "here I am, you know I'm real now" and we would say "whoa, thats insane!! there is actually a god!" but there would be  no love. When we struggle to find him, and we will after enough, we establish a relationship with him and we love him and realize his love for us. If youare just laughing at me rant here, keep going, you're almost done. but if any of what im saying is speaking to anyone, read those last few sentences again and understand it fully. Also, if you are interested in any of the physical stories of certain proof of good, let me know, and i'll reply to you, but not in this forum.
You can laugh and mock me, these are expected. You can intellectually hit me with new rebuttals or angles, but I looked at them all myself already. God is real, through it all.

To you guys who don't believe, I don't think you are stupid or naive.. i realize how insane this sounds.. and can't really blame you for thinking its nuts and unnecssary. Its okay.

Offline velkyn

• Laureate
  • Darwins +169/-6
  • You're wearing the juice, aren't you?"
« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2009, 06:07:47 PM »
You really sound like a sockpuppet, reh.

I've been a Christian (Presbyterian).  Read the bible before and after deconversion, tried to get God's attention.  Nothing worked. So, shall you give us your magic spell to get its attention?

And you use the usual excuses of all Christians.  Why did God find miracles necessary back in Bible days to create faith?  Why did Adam, Noah, Moses, Gideon, Abraham, Thomas, etc, get evidence when you prate that only "faith" is wanted by God?

The rest of your post is the same excuses that any theist uses.  Being Christian makes you special in no way and you obviously haven't thought of all the rebuttals if you use such old hackneyed excuses for your deity.  I suggest reading these forums and the main website before making such claims again. 

"There is no use in arguing with a man who can multiply anything by the square root of minus 1" - Pirates of Venus, ERB

http://clubschadenfreude.wordpress.com/

Offline Reh?

« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2009, 06:58:35 PM »
I did already read many of the forums and information on this website.

Offline Emily

• Professor
  • Darwins +49/-0
« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2009, 07:07:43 PM »
I did already read many of the forums and information on this website.

OK, so do you admit you are a sockpuppet?
« Last Edit: April 25, 2009, 07:10:13 PM by Emily »
"Great moments are born from great opportunities." Herb Brooks

I edit a lot of my posts. The reason being it to add content or to correct grammar/wording. All edits to remove wording get a strike through through the wording.

Offline Reh?

« Reply #19 on: April 25, 2009, 07:14:26 PM »
Sockpuppit! :D

I can be whatever you want me to be, it doesn't matter, because you have made your decision about my Christian type even before I had to type my message on here.

chris.mcquarrie@live.ca

Offline Frank

• Reader
  • Darwins +38/-20
« Reply #20 on: April 25, 2009, 07:28:33 PM »

Like I say, God communicates back to you. He usually does this via other methods that a voice, but let me tell you, he DOES and CAN communicate as a physical voice in the room with you!

They have a word for this. It's "Schizophrenia". Try not to worry. With proper medical care and drugs it can be controlled.

Offline Tails_155

• Reader
  • Darwins +1/-0
  • L!5
    • The Enigma Puzzle
« Reply #21 on: April 25, 2009, 07:29:21 PM »
No, you made your decision about what we would say before you considered it.
Live! Learn! Laugh! Love! Lead!

I'm not all analysis, I like art, too: See?

Offline deconvertedone

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +1/-0
  • My dog isn't an atheist, he thinks I'm God.
« Reply #22 on: April 25, 2009, 07:48:12 PM »
Satan made the power go out?  Really, can he do that?    God tells you his feelings?  Like what "my wife doesn't understand me"?

A number of us on this site have been Christians, you are not enlightening us on the secrets of the religious experience.
The memory of my own suffering has prevented me from ever shadowing one young soul with the superstition of the Christian religion.
Elizabeth Cady Stanton

Offline Astreja

• Fellow
  • Darwins +237/-1
  • Agnostic goddess with Clue-by-Four™
    • The Springy Goddess
« Reply #23 on: April 25, 2009, 09:34:35 PM »
Like I say, God communicates back to you. He usually does this via other methods that a voice, but let me tell you, he DOES and CAN communicate as a physical voice in the room with you!

I've had this experience myself, but instead of hearing the voice of Biblegod I heard the voice of a character from a different book... A fantasy novel replete with wizards, dragons, elves, dwarves, liches, sword fights, and spectacular explosions.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and make a prediction:

Neurological science will eventually discover that "the voice of God" is actually a transmission from one hemisphere of the brain to the other... A completely natural (albeit weird) phenomenon.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2009, 09:38:29 PM by Astreja »
Reality Checkroom — Not Responsible for Lost Articles

Offline Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +290/-80
  • I'm on the road less traveled...
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #24 on: April 25, 2009, 10:07:52 PM »
A lot of people think we are the closed minded ones, who are not able to see outside our little box. Many others think that those who believe in a Evolution are weak; they are afraid, without anything else to hang on to, or are too insecure to be able to take care of themselves. Evolution is not imaginary, Evolution is a very real friend – living right now. I do not choose to follow Evolution because I am weak (it’s actually not easy at all believing and following Evolution in a world who does not acknowledges Evolution and thinks you are a fool for confiding in Evolution). If anything, if I were weak, I would NOT believe and follow Evolution; it takes so much effort do it in this society, and while I’m not some strong courageous person, I’m just saying.... following the principals of Evolution and believing it's the rational journey for me is NOT the easy way out.

I do not choose Evolution because I feel like I have no choice, or because I feel like I have no other option. I have tried a life without Evolution, and it is empty and raw. (although its sinful pleasures are definitely fun for the time being, but it is empty). I have actively chosen Evolution, not because my life has fallen apart or because I am rejected by society. My life is stable, advancing steadily, and society and other people have well accepted me. I however have chosen to break free because I have always known being an Atheist was in my heart, and Evolution is actively calling me back to know it's the correct way because Evolution is rational. I don't necessarily have a relationship with Evolution; I mean, it's not like it has a conscious or anything but I feel that it's not just sitting alone in a room reading a book written 2000 years ago and then ritually saying a prayer. It is instead, no different than any other form of relationship! It involves anaylysis, and shared feelings between myself and recognizing that being an Atheist isn't so bad. Evolution is living, and active. There is a feeling around having an ongoing relationship with Evolution that is NOT just one’s conscious, and its indescribable experience is no different than when you experience something crazy and you say “wow.. it’s a good thing this happened while I was here, because if I wasn’t, I don’t think I would have believed it.”

I edited this for you -- the rest was just repetitious drivel. Dude, say it once is enough, repeating it over and over again is asinine.

-Nam
This is my signature "Nam", don't I have nice typing skills?

Offline velkyn

• Laureate
  • Darwins +169/-6
  • You're wearing the juice, aren't you?"
« Reply #25 on: April 27, 2009, 09:16:25 AM »
Sockpuppit! :D

I can be whatever you want me to be, it doesn't matter, because you have made your decision about my Christian type even before I had to type my message on here.

chris.mcquarrie@live.ca

I suspect that reh? has no idea what a sockpuppet is and is too lazy to do an internet search to get that information.

Fortunately, it does matter.  It shows that you cannot be trusted.  and why would anyone believe someone who lies about such small things to be corrected about supposedly eternal matters?
"There is no use in arguing with a man who can multiply anything by the square root of minus 1" - Pirates of Venus, ERB

http://clubschadenfreude.wordpress.com/

Offline Odin

• Reader
  • Darwins +13/-2
« Reply #26 on: April 27, 2009, 09:38:51 AM »

OK, Reh?.  You're starting to scare me, now.  Back away from the sharp objects, and don't handle any loaded guns until these "voices in your head" pass.

Seriously, though, is life with an invisible friend more meaningful than a life of pure reason? 

Odin, King of the Gods

Offline Omen

• Professor
  • Darwins +105/-15
  • One of the fucking bad guys; not friendly, tiger!
« Reply #27 on: April 27, 2009, 09:43:36 AM »

Hi,

The video's do nothing but present contradictory examples of a concept, principle, or ideology.  The only way in which to draw insult from this type of presentation is to read more into what is actually there.  The issue is that from an authoritarian position, you are taking insult from people who do not insult you or call you names, but who simply challenge your position.

It is the act of simple inquiry and basic analysis that draws your ire, no implied or directed insult.

You think you ARE wise...

I neither think I am wise or unwise.

If anything, I am sincerely and deeply ignorant of existence.  My wisdom would only come from the admission that what knowledge I have is that I know nothing.  Hence, the reason why I always question and the reason I always doubt.  Still, how are you doing nothing but identifying us as 'unwise' based on the fact that we don't automatically believe you're every assertion without cause?

You wonder why it is EVIL ?

This statement and the following paragraph is largely incoherent.

Let me recommend you to click on this link here, it doesn't bite ;) it's "only" and nothing less than the Word of the Living God - to read it ONLINE..

Many of us are former christians, former pastors, former theologians, and former believers of many stripes.  It would be rare to find an atheist here who hasn't read the bible or many religious texts for that matter.  You are pleading with us to read what exactly equipped many of us for non-belief, not a very good move.

The Bible is not a sect, it is not a religion. No. The Living God and His Word (who is JESUS) have never ever created any religion or other lies that seem to "rule" our world today.

You have an ideology based around a belief in a supernatural being, that would be the definition of 'religion'.  If you are going to insist otherwise, then please do something more then begging and pleading that it isn't without explanation.

It's always US who choose to deny Him.

I cannot choose to believe in or not-believe in anything.  If I have no reason to believe in something, I simply do not believe it.

WE have the fault, WE are the sinners, WE are the EGOS !! WE did and do wrong, WE have no heart. WE have made this world what it is. We humans. WE rape, WE hate, WE murder, WE fight, WE swear, WE lie, WE betray, WE forsake, WE create evil plans in our thoughts, WE are the good on the outside but covering what's inside. We are such "fakes, liars and egoists" who only think in themselves always in the first place. We can't deny it, it's just a fact.

It is not a 'fact'.  I did not do anything as it pertains to a mythological story used to justify the suffering of humans in existence within the scope/ideology of your religion.

Humble yourself (and if it would be the only moment in your whole life that you would be humble - do it! try it out) before it is too late for YOU !

Humble ourselves.. and believe your every baseless assertion from an authoritarian position that you can neither justify nor explain, offering to call us unwise simply because we do not believe it automatically.

Something tells me there is nothing humble about that and I have already been humble enough to admit to being ignorant.
"Religious faith is the antithesis to knowledge, it is the opposition to education, and it has to act in animosity against the free exchange of ideas.  Why? Because those things are what cause harm to a religions place in society most." - Me

Offline Irish

• Fellow
  • Darwins +18/-0
  • Moraxella catarrhalis on BA
« Reply #28 on: April 27, 2009, 09:45:25 AM »
I do not choose to follow God because I am weak (it’s actually not easy at all believing and following God in a world who does not acknowledges Him and thinks you are a fool for confiding in Him).

Haha, I had a good laugh at this one.  This picture sums it up nicely:

Yes, it must be so hard living in a majority.
La scienze non ha nemici ma gli ignoranti.