Author Topic: I'se Nambo  (Read 590 times)

Offline Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +272/-77
  • I'm on the road less traveled...
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
I'se Nambo
« on: April 24, 2009, 12:53:49 AM »
I went and searched for my Intro at the old wwgha from back in September 2007, so, I'm reposting it with a few edits:

--

Hello,

My name is Nam. No, it's not my real name but I've had it for so long it might as well be. Longer than I've been on the internet, so, I didn't get it that way.

I was born in Live Oak, Florida. My father was in the Army and was stationed near Stuttgart, Germany where I lived off-base with my parents and older brother. We were there for about 2 and half years, and I remember some things but not too much. When my father was HD from the Army we moved to the Orlando area where I grew up.

My parents took me to church when I was a child but only when we visited family. Meaning: we didn't go to church when we were at home. I never really believed that whole viewpoint that: if you don't go to church you're not really a Christian. There are many people who do not have the ability to go to church, does that make them any less of a Christian? I don't believe so.

I was first Baptised when I was 20 years old. I didn't do it because I was a "Christian", I did it because of a girl. Yes, that's right. I liked this girl, she knew I was an Atheist, and I figured I could get her if I pretended I was a Christian. Which it worked, by the way. But, there was other involvements, long story short: not with her anymore.

I announced that I was an "Atheist" when I was 18 years old to my mother. She cried. Literally. I knew I was an Atheist, perhaps my entire life. I just didn't realize it 'til I was 12-14 or so.

I read extensively on Atheism in my early 20s, and I came to the conclusion that I'm not an Atheist. I realized my leanings were more to Agnosticism. I do not believe in a deity, I do believe that one could exist or one did exist at one point in time but had long since perished as all "creatures of life" do -- and since I originally wrote this my Agnostic leaning has changed to Ignosticism; which is one who requires a definition of the term God or Gods as without sensible definition they find theism incoherent and thus non-cognitive. (src: wiktionary] Also, I really don't care either way and I don't think Atheism matches that nor does Agnosticism but Ignosticism seems to closely relate, and there ya go. But I do lean towards Atheism and not Theism or Deism.

I do not believe in Heaven per sé but I would like to believe in a type of Elysium, not the Christian bastardized version. I do not believe my "consciousness" of my being of now would be the same as whatever it would be within that "Elysium", however.

I do not believe a "hell" exists. Humans are animals at the end of the day, and if going by what scripture states: how exactly would one "burn" in hell if burning is an earthly attribute? Doesn't make sense to me, and if it doesn't make sense: it usually isn't true.

I do not wrong people if they wish to be a Christian. Or Muslim. Or Jew. Or Hindu. Or Buddhist. Or whatever. Just do not approach me with it after I tell you I'm not interested.

I am not a nice person. I wasn't a nice person when I was a Christian, and I'm not a nice person not as a Christian. So, not being a Christian has nothing to do with it. It has to do with how I grew up. The society I lived in, the tribulations I went through, and etc., we all, no matter who we are, have personal issues that make us who we are today. Some people come out fine, some of us do not. However, since I ceased pretending to be a Christian in my 20s, and stopped being a Christian before then, I have become less violent and angry though I am still violent and angry. I do try to be civil when possible. Being an asshole all the time doesn't really give you anything but people ignoring you or walled conversations.

I do not care about mostly anything, including myself. But, I don't believe in suicide, so I can't commit to something I don't believe in.

I can be rude, callous, and insulting if pushed. Usually I have to be pushed. Your pain is my gain. So, if I anger anyone realize I enjoy it. Do I like that part of me? No. But, it's who I am.

I'm also quite honest. I used to lie all the time but I found out in my mid 20s that telling the truth pisses more people off than lying to them. Weird but true.

I am 31 years old. Most who have met me, or seen my picture think that I am between 17-24 years old. I have a "baby-face" but I am not 1. a baby and 2. that young. Though I do act like a child from time-to-time but that's mostly out of my enjoyment.

I do argue about almost anything, mainly because I can't help it. Something I inherited from my grandmother (paternal).

Anything else? Hmmm... I write poetry, and I've been known to be controversial in such regard. People tell me I can't write something, I'll do it anyway just to spite them. I simultaneously got banned from 3 websites for posting a haiku about Jesus having sex with himself. [do not ask where this haiku is I have yet to be able to find it but I am sure I have it somewhere] I am currently writing 12 novels, 5 of which are a series. Yes, 12 novels. It may take me years, I may never complete them all, I may never publish them -- I'm still going to write them.

I've been banned from almost every single website I've ever been a member of; mainly short-time bans (2 weeks up to 1 year) but most of them have been lifetime bans, and only one website reduced it to 6 months where I've currently been a member for 8 years. I'm well respected there, and well despised. They [those who ban me] think that it hurts me in some way but it doesn't. Most times it has no effect on me, and if I'm "warring" with the Administration or other members, and I get banned, I may just enjoy it whether it's my fault or not. A bit sadistic, I know.

I guess that's it. I do like a good argument...even if I have to create it; however, when I do create the argument it's relevant to a specific issue as to not seem as if I'm trolling, or something.

;)

-Nam

Offline Operator_013

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +0/-0
Re: I'se Nambo
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2009, 04:02:50 AM »
Welcome to... er... thanks for reposting your intro message, Nam!

Thirteen
Inactive moderator account.

Offline Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +272/-77
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2009, 04:07:08 AM »
Welcome to... er... thanks for reposting your intro message, Nam!

Thirteen

I originally reposted it at ATT but since I was banned from there, and don't think I'll be allowed back might as well post it here again; especially since I wasn't as active on the old forum. Only reason why I posted it here. It's here for people to know me slightly more than usual.

-Nam

Offline Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +272/-77
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2012, 06:43:12 PM »
Reading this again after 3 years since I last posted it, I realize i've actually have changed a lot in the past 4 years since I wrote this. I don't know if I should re-edit this to suit my current feelings about it all.

Probably doesn't matter.

Sorry for necroing.

-Nam

Online Traveler

• Reader
  • Darwins +142/-2
  • no god required
    • I am a Forum Guide
    • Gryffin Designs
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2012, 09:17:01 PM »
Hey, Nam, welcome to the new you.  :)
If we ever travel thousands of light years to a planet inhabited by intelligent life, let's just make patterns in their crops and leave.

Offline Nick

• Laureate
  • Darwins +177/-8
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2012, 10:07:14 PM »
Re-welcome, Nam.
Yo, put that in your pipe and smoke it.  Quit ragging on my Lord.

Tide goes in, tide goes out !!!

Offline The Gawd

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +78/-5
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2012, 04:08:39 PM »
Reading this again after 3 years since I last posted it, I realize i've actually have changed a lot in the past 4 years since I wrote this. I don't know if I should re-edit this to suit my current feelings about it all.

Probably doesn't matter.

Sorry for necroing.

-Nam
yes rewrite.