Author Topic: god isnt real  (Read 1769 times)

Offline noroka

god isnt real
« on: August 07, 2008, 03:11:00 AM »
i dont care what the hell you say i dont belive it at all its all jsut a fairy tale
oh yah im new here wasup? ;)

Offline Lessetti

• Freshman
  • Darwins +0/-1
  • WWGHA Member
Re: god isnt real
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2012, 05:56:17 AM »
listen, if you're going to simply state that god does not exist then at the very least use spell check, "One bad apple spoils the bunch" as the saying goes, I believe stereotypes were created by such things. Being Theistic does not make you a monk, and being Atheistic does not make you a genius, but when you act stupid you give fuel to the other side anyways

Offline TheGodYouForsaken

• Freshman
  • Darwins +0/-0
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2012, 02:41:57 AM »
4:20

Offline waterdownpoet

• Novice
  • Darwins +0/-0
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2012, 10:39:20 AM »
why does society  feel the need to believe in god or gods or magic or ect.
It doesn't make sense. It's like sci-fi or fantasy
So a good moral structure is divinely inspired? I don't know

Offline Garja

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +38/-0
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2012, 12:15:35 PM »
Think God and religion served a purpose for humanity at one time, but it has long since become a hindrance.
"If we look back into history for the character of the present sects in Christianity, we shall find few that have not in their turns been persecutors, and complainers of persecution."

-Benjamin Franklin

Offline Nick

• Laureate
  • Darwins +177/-8
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2012, 03:12:14 PM »
I think the OP is a Christian in disguise.  Look at the spelling.  Dead give away.
Yo, put that in your pipe and smoke it.  Quit ragging on my Lord.

Tide goes in, tide goes out !!!

Offline Garja

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +38/-0
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2012, 03:17:58 PM »
I think the OP is a Christian in disguise.  Look at the spelling.  Dead give away.

No need to slander Nick.  ;)
"If we look back into history for the character of the present sects in Christianity, we shall find few that have not in their turns been persecutors, and complainers of persecution."

-Benjamin Franklin

Offline Traveler

• Reader
  • Darwins +142/-2
  • no god required
    • I am a Forum Guide
    • Gryffin Designs
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2012, 03:27:06 PM »
Too bad they didn't stick around. The OP is from 2008.
If we ever travel thousands of light years to a planet inhabited by intelligent life, let's just make patterns in their crops and leave.

Offline Garja

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +38/-0
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2012, 05:17:58 PM »
Wow, didn't notice that.

-Benjamin Franklin

Offline Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +298/-82
  • I'm on the road less traveled...
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2012, 05:33:57 PM »

Yeah, I think the first 4 posters are the same person. So there!

-Nam
A god is like a rock: it does absolutely nothing until someone or something forces it to do something. The only capability the rock has is doing nothing until another force compels it physically to move.

The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously - Humphrey

Offline LADYBUG

• Novice
  • Darwins +0/-0
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2012, 01:27:37 PM »
Wow, didn't notice that.
EVERYONE NEEDS A SAVIOR

Offline Astreja

• Fellow
  • Darwins +256/-3
  • Agnostic goddess with Clue-by-Four™
    • The Springy Goddess
« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2012, 11:26:18 PM »
EVERYONE NEEDS A SAVIOR

What on earth for?  Death comes to all of us, without exception, and there's no evidence that grovelling and slandering one's own humanity before a mythical sonofagod will lengthen one's life expectancy in the slightest.

I prefer what Shakyamuni Buddha had to say, anyway:  "Stop doing evil and learn to do good."  He didn't sell his message for narcissistic supply, either, demanding to be worshipped; he just roamed the countryside for 45 years or so, chatting people up and giving them advice on how to better themselves.
Reality Checkroom — Not Responsible for Lost Articles

Offline kcrady

• Reader
  • Darwins +380/-1
  • Your Friendly Neighborhood Cephalopod Overlord
    • My blog
« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2012, 11:58:48 PM »
Wow, didn't notice that.
EVERYONE NEEDS A SAVIOR

So...you're suggesting that if Garja had a Savior, that he would definitely have noticed that the OP was from 2008?  Curious.  I can think of a number of things humankind could stand to be rescued from before we get to minor oversights on the internet.  Does having a Savior turn one into Sherlock Holmes, able to look at a muddy footprint and say, "Hmmm, this is the footprint of a six foot tall, 45 year-old man with a limp in his left leg, who was carrying a 125 lb burden on his right shoulder"? 

Does one's choice of Savior affect the new observational powers one receives?  Choose Anubis, and you can see in the dark; choose Apollo, and you see more clearly in bright sunlight; choose Astreja and targeting reticules automatically pop up and lock on to nearby people, enhancing your aim with your Clue-by-Fourtm and so on?
"The question of whether atheists are, you know, right, typically gets sidestepped in favor of what is apparently the much more compelling question of whether atheists are jerks."

--Greta Christina