Author Topic: "Evolution disproves the Bible!" [#1298]  (Read 883 times)

Offline DL

"Evolution disproves the Bible!" [#1298]
« on: April 20, 2009, 10:34:52 PM »

The Book of Genesis tells us that everything was created by God—nothing "evolved." Every creature was given the ability to reproduce after its own kind as is stated ten times in Genesis. Dogs do not produce cats. Neither do cats and dogs have a common ancestry. Dogs began as dogs and are still dogs. They vary in species from Chihuahuas to Saint Bernards, but you will not find a "dat" or a "cog" (part cat/dog) throughout Gods creation. Frogs dont reproduce oysters, cows dont have lambs, and pregnant pigs dont give birth to rabbits. God made monkeys as monkeys, and man as man.

Each creature brings forth after its own kind. Thats no theory; thats a fact. Why then should we believe that man comes from another species? If evolution is true, then it is proof that the Bible is false. However, the whole of creation stands in contradiction to the theory of evolution.

Dr. Kent Hovind of Florida has a standing offer of $250,000 to "anyone who can give any empirical evidence (scientific proof) for evolution." Evolution— true science fiction. His website is www.drdino.com.

Online Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +324/-84
  • I'm on the road less traveled...
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
Re: "Evolution disproves the Bible!" [#1298]
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2009, 10:37:00 PM »
Isn't it that Man and Ape have a common ancestor not that Man comes from Ape? That's what I remember it being. Someone can correct me.

It's like a Wolf and a Fox having a common ancestor yet they are both dogs but not really the same.

-Nam
This thread is about lab-grown dicks, not some mincy, old, British poof of an actor. 

Let's get back on topic, please.

Offline Hermes

• Professor
  • Darwins +2/-0
  • 1600 years of oppression ends; Zeus is worshiped.
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2009, 10:48:35 PM »
Hovind's offer is not honest.  It does not cover evolution, it covers a bizarre conglomeration of cosmology, abiogenesis, and evolution.  Plus, speaking of dishonesty, how is he going to pay up from behind iron bars?

As for his 'doctorate' ... nice 'university';

How many people do you think can be in the building at the same time?  How many minutes has Hovind spent there -- not counting time spent sending the check in?
Smart people believe weird things because they are skilled at defending beliefs they arrived at for non-smart reasons. --Michael Shermer

The history of religion is a long attempt to reconcile old custom with new reason, to find a sound theory for an absurd practice.  --Sir James George Frazer

Offline Irish

• Fellow
  • Darwins +18/-0
  • Moraxella catarrhalis on BA
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2009, 11:56:28 PM »
Hahaha... Kent Hovind... hahaha... no stop you're killing me.   :D

Kent Hovind himself is a joke and his 'science' and 'ph.d.' are just icing on the joke train.  The reason anyone can actually take this man seriously is beyond me.  A 5th grader has more of a scientific grasp on this world than he does.

I mean how does a person actually buy in.... oh, wait.... religion.  That explains it. [duh]  :(
La scienze non ha nemici ma gli ignoranti.

Offline Max Kodan

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2009, 12:03:03 AM »
By the way, the 250K prize money is bull shit, it's a fake offer.  They'll turn down anything that's actually evidence by saying that it's not evidence, the proof being that it's not evidence.  Otherwise, people would be lined up at his door, presenting things such as bacteria gaining an immunity to antibiotics, rabbits in Australia surviving diseases that used to kill them, and pretty much the entire fossil record.

You have no idea what evolution is, so until you get yourself a biology education at a 5th grade or higher level, then please don't try to tell us what's true and what's not.
If you consider speed to be a 3D vector it doesn't really matter whether you call it momentum or speed.

Offline Emily

• Professor
  • Darwins +50/-0
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2009, 12:07:52 AM »
Dr. Kent Hovind of Florida has a standing offer of $250,000
The only reason it's still standing is because he's out of commission for a few years (he's in jail for tax fraud).

Wait, didn't Jesus say something like, "Render therefor to Caesar the things which is Caesar's" so Hovind, "render to the IRS the things which are the IRS's"

Hovind is a quack.
"Great moments are born from great opportunities." Herb Brooks

I edit a lot of my posts. The reason being it to add content or to correct grammar/wording. All edits to remove wording get a strike through through the wording.

Offline mommykicksbutt

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +0/-0
  • Rubbing the religious raw, one theist at a time
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2009, 12:10:17 AM »

The Book of Genesis tells us that everything was created by God—nothing "evolved." Every creature was given the ability to reproduce after its own kind as is stated ten times in Genesis. Dogs do not produce cats. Neither do cats and dogs have a common ancestry. Dogs began as dogs and are still dogs. They vary in species from Chihuahuas to Saint Bernards, but you will not find a "dat" or a "cog" (part cat/dog) throughout Gods creation. Frogs dont reproduce oysters, cows dont have lambs, and pregnant pigs dont give birth to rabbits. God made monkeys as monkeys, and man as man.

Really?  Explain the hyena (extinct or recent you choose).
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyena

Faith is nice but doubt will get you an education!
Theism: the virus that infects then disables the brain's bullshit detector
Join FFRF.org

Offline deconvertedone

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +1/-0
  • My dog isn't an atheist, he thinks I'm God.
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2009, 12:20:08 AM »
Evolution doesn't disprove the bible, the bible disproves the bible.
The memory of my own suffering has prevented me from ever shadowing one young soul with the superstition of the Christian religion.
Elizabeth Cady Stanton

Online Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +324/-84
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2009, 12:27:36 AM »

I thought Hyena's were a class of their own...what's it called...let me look...ah...Hyaenidae; which are more like the feline rather than the dog but dog-like. Meaning they look like dogs but are actually related to cats; and therefore if getting distinctly technical: are cats? I don't know, I saw this on Animal Planet awhile back. Don't remember it all.

-Nam
This thread is about lab-grown dicks, not some mincy, old, British poof of an actor. 

Offline xphobe

• Professor
  • Darwins +12/-0
  • the truth is out there
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2009, 01:19:10 AM »
Isn't it that Man and Ape have a common ancestor not that Man comes from Ape? That's what I remember it being.

That's what I thought, but there is an argument now that Man is a type of Old World Monkey.

Some people seem to have an instinctive aversion to being classified with monkeys or other primates.  But really, does it even matter?   I mean, let's say for the sake of discussion that it was proved beyond doubt that Man came from Ape.  Would that be so terrible?  Would it matter if Man came from Salamanders or Slime Molds?  One is not defined by his ancestry, but by his actions.
I stopped believing for a little while this morning. Journey is gonna be so pissed when they find out...

Offline Dkit

• Reader
  • Darwins +3/-0
  • Nemesis Ridiculii
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2009, 08:25:32 AM »
Dogs began as dogs and are still dogs

Recent molecular evidence shows that dogs are descended from the gray wolf, domesticated about 130,000 years ago.

If evolution is true, then it is proof that the Bible is false.
This is your problem, right here. 

"The Bible is a Banquet table not a snack tray!" - Anonymous Facebook User

Offline xTigerx

• Reader
  • Darwins +0/-0
  • WWFSMD?
« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2009, 10:12:54 AM »

I thought Hyena's were a class of their own...what's it called...let me look...ah...Hyaenidae; which are more like the feline rather than the dog but dog-like. Meaning they look like dogs but are actually related to cats; and therefore if getting distinctly technical: are cats? I don't know, I saw this on Animal Planet awhile back. Don't remember it all.

-Nam

According to the wiki article, Hyaenidae is their species; they're in the same family as cats.
God, if you're real, show yourself.  ...still waiting...

Offline mommykicksbutt

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +0/-0
« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2009, 11:05:08 AM »
According to the wiki article, Hyaenidae is their species; they're in the same family as cats.

Well, according to Linnaean Taxonomic Rank , Hyenas, Canines, and Felines are all in the same Domain (Eurkarya), Kingdom (Animalia), Phylum (Chordata), Class (Mammalia), and Order (Carnivora).  It's at the Family branch that they split (Hyaenidae, Canidae, and Felidae respectively), then follows Genus and Species. So in the taxonomic terms they vary by only 3 stages on this 8 stage scale.

The point I was trying to demonstrate about the "cog or the dat" of the OP was that the hyena was both cat- and dog-like in bodily structure (appearances) and behaviors.  He must have not paid attention in Bio class when this was covered.

Join FFRF.org

Offline Omen

• Professor
  • Darwins +105/-15
  • One of the fucking bad guys; not friendly, tiger!
« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2009, 11:07:08 AM »
Geology, physics, astrophysics, astronomy, chemistry, history, anthropology, archaeology, and paleontology also disprove the bible.

:)
"Religious faith is the antithesis to knowledge, it is the opposition to education, and it has to act in animosity against the free exchange of ideas.  Why? Because those things are what cause harm to a religions place in society most." - Me

Online Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +324/-84
« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2009, 02:35:17 PM »
The point I was trying to demonstrate about the "cog or the dat" of the OP was that the hyena was both cat- and dog-like in bodily structure (appearances) and behaviors.  He must have not paid attention in Bio class when this was covered.

Oh, I thought your point was that the Hyena came from an ancestor that was both a dog and a cat.

My bad.

-Nam

Offline Tails_155

• Reader
  • Darwins +1/-0
  • L!5
    • The Enigma Puzzle
« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2009, 09:12:09 PM »
Honestly, I love this world
Live! Learn! Laugh! Love! Lead!

I'm not all analysis, I like art, too: See?

Offline mommykicksbutt

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +0/-0
« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2009, 10:50:15 PM »

Oh, I thought your point was that the Hyena came from an ancestor that was both a dog and a cat.

My bad.

-Nam

Oh, I think you were right on point Nam.  You get it!    ;)  You were one who paid attention in biology class too huh?

Join FFRF.org

Online Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +324/-84
« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2009, 11:07:25 PM »
Oh, I think you were right on point Nam.  You get it!    ;)  You were one who paid attention in biology class too huh?

Not really. I didn't get cable 'til I was 20 (11 years ago) and when I'm bored, and there's nothing to do or nothing on that I want to watch, I watch the Discovery Channel and Animal Planet. Some things stick.

-Nam

Offline mommykicksbutt

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +0/-0
« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2009, 12:10:17 AM »

Not really. I didn't get cable 'til I was 20 (11 years ago) and when I'm bored, and there's nothing to do or nothing on that I want to watch, I watch the Discovery Channel and Animal Planet. Some things stick.

-Nam

Regardless of how it is obtained, knowledge is good!
Join FFRF.org