Author Topic: (No Subject) [#170]  (Read 514 times)

Offline PostalGirl

• Graduate
  • Darwins +16/-0
  • Just your friendly neighborhood postal girl!
(No Subject) [#170]
« on: August 06, 2008, 01:44:39 PM »
Respected Sir,

I m [name] writing u from India, just browsing through internet i
came across ur website. after reading ur arguments against non-existence of god i m truly
convinced that there is no God.i always doubted his existence but ur arguments
strengthened my belief that there is no god. ur article was not only enlightening but
also hilarious specially the proof about jesus being a jerk, overall the entire article
was full of humorous stuff, which brought a smile on my face. i know the article is not
intended as a piece of humor , but i truly agree that belief in god is responsible for
lot of unnecessary killing in the name god. but my only query is that if there is no god
and we r result of evolution what is the explanation for human conscience and human
morality and our ability to judge between good and evil. is evolution responsible for
various and unique human emotions such as love,jealousy, hatred etc.thanks for
 replying to my query.

Regards,
[Name]

Offline StPatrick

• Reader
  • Darwins +2/-0
  • The patron saint of WWGHA
Re: (No Subject) [#170]
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2008, 02:01:33 PM »
what is the explanation for human conscience and human
morality and our ability to judge between good and evil.

Paul Jacobsen at caseagainstfaith.com speculates that it's just a conceptualization of biological functions.

Thanks for the letter, but please, if you join, no netspeak.
If we come together and do not fight over religion, class and borders then we hold the key to a peaceful world. There are two possible futures in store; either a March of power and greed or a March of a unified human race.

anna

Re: (No Subject) [#170]
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2008, 02:09:28 PM »

but my only query is that if there is no god
and we r result of evolution what is the explanation for human conscience and human
morality and our ability to judge between good and evil. is evolution responsible for
various and unique human emotions such as love,jealousy, hatred etc.thanks for
 replying to my query.

Regards,
[Name]

Personally I believe the basis for:

-Morality is the ability to empathize (to see ourselves in others) and to act acordingly.
-Justice (good and evil) is based on logic.
-Human emotions are due to the evolutionary process (defense mechanisms per say).

Just my opinion.