Author Topic: Cell Phone vs BIBLE [#2259]  (Read 3258 times)

Offline xphobe

• Professor
  • Darwins +12/-0
  • the truth is out there
Re: Cell Phone vs BIBLE [#2259]
« Reply #29 on: February 12, 2010, 05:44:17 AM »
This seems like like the same kind of sappy religious s**t that my mother still sends me.  She knows I'm not religious in any sense, but she hopes that in some way the message of the content might strike a cord with me.

DING!    I get the same from my mother. :)    What're ya gonna do - Mom's 80 years old and just happy to be able to get back to her aerobics class after recovering from lung cancer surgery.  I love her dearly, so I just drag the crap to the trashcan.
I stopped believing for a little while this morning. Journey is gonna be so pissed when they find out...

Offline LionyGoodness

• Undergraduate
  • Darwins +0/-0
« Reply #30 on: February 16, 2010, 12:06:04 AM »
LOL thanks Mommy, I am glad I could make someone laugh today. I'll have to come up with some more. heheheh

Offline lighthouse777

« Reply #31 on: February 20, 2010, 02:16:34 AM »
So do you all just enjoy argument?  Are you really that hateful toward the Man Who died so that you have the opportunity for eternal life in Paradise.  These comments break my heart.

Offline One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +284/-37
  • Supreme ruler of the multiverse; All In One
« Reply #32 on: February 20, 2010, 02:44:54 AM »
So do you all just enjoy argument?  Are you really that hateful toward the Man Who died so that you have the opportunity for eternal life in Paradise.  These comments break my heart.

i know, those nails on my hands and feet really hurt me!
why wont these atheists just worship me like i say in my book?
The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?
We choose our own gods.

A.K.A.: Blaziken_rjcf/Lucifer/All In One.

Offline hickdive

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +32/-0
« Reply #33 on: February 20, 2010, 05:09:33 AM »
Hmmm....I LOVE Chinese food.

I never knew 'Kitten in a Basket' was Chinese.
Stupidity, unlike intelligence, has no limits.

Offline lectricpharaoh

• Graduate
  • Darwins +1/-0
« Reply #34 on: February 20, 2010, 05:53:38 AM »
You really don't get it, do you?  We don't believe this nonsense.  It's not like we think 'oh, Jesus was great, but we hate him'.  Most of us believe that he either didn't exist at all, or that he did exist, but was just a normal man.  We do not believe that there existed a man named Jesus who was God and/or the son of God.

On another note, I love how you mention only the carrot from your religion's carrot-and-stick approach, when the stick is so damn big.

Santa works all year long to get the gifts ready for his yearly delivery.  Why are you so hateful to the man who works so hard and so selflessly to bring presents to all the good little boys and girls of the world, so that they might be happy?  It breaks my heart!
The Bible is one of the select few books that is wholly deserving of being burned.
  - Me

Offline Gimpy

• Reader
  • Darwins +1/-0
  • Are we there yet?
« Reply #35 on: February 20, 2010, 09:39:09 PM »

Hateful? Against something that is non-existent?

How can one "hate" a nothingness?

Pretty difficult.

It's like hating Santa Claus or leprechauns or Peter Pan.

I do kinda hate Captain Hook, though. So you may well be on to something. . . .

Oh, in case you couldn't tell from my response, there was no man of any kind who died for any "sins" of mine or anyone else.

None. No one did that. Sin isn't real either.
Not all those who wander are lost; some are buried in my backyard. . .

Offline MadBunny

• Fellow
  • Darwins +110/-0
  • Fallen Illuminatus
« Reply #36 on: February 20, 2010, 11:13:45 PM »

How does somebody dying give me an opportunity to live in paradise?
I've never understood exactly how that is supposed to work.
Give a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a night.  Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Offline jetson

• Administrator
  • Darwins +170/-6
  • Meet George Jetson!
    • Jet Blog
« Reply #37 on: February 20, 2010, 11:24:25 PM »
I have a Bible in my iPhone.  Mwu ha ha ha ha....  I can refer to it anytime some brain dead theist makes a claim about a passage.

Offline velkyn

• Laureate
  • Darwins +169/-6
  • You're wearing the juice, aren't you?"
« Reply #38 on: February 22, 2010, 09:57:29 AM »
the belief in such a thing is amazingly primitive.  Lighthouse, you believe in a god that made a universe where the culmination of its "mercy" is having itself be killed by torture in order to save humanity from itself. It depends on evil acts, and indeed the help of a supposedly totally evil being, for this "sacrifice" which is no sacrifice at all since nothing is lost or given up.   If being made aware of such ridiculousness "breaks your heart", well, it can be painful to realize that a long held belief is wrong.     

"There is no use in arguing with a man who can multiply anything by the square root of minus 1" - Pirates of Venus, ERB

http://clubschadenfreude.wordpress.com/

Offline Aspie

• Graduate
  • Darwins +34/-0
« Reply #39 on: February 22, 2010, 05:05:36 PM »
I have a Bible in my iPhone.  Mwu ha ha ha ha....  I can refer to it anytime some brain dead theist makes a claim about a passage.

Yeah, that's what I don't get about this chain letter- don't they know there's an app for that? Your cell phone is now your Bible! So much for that dilemma...unless the Holy Spirit prefers paperback and hardcover over touch screen! :o

Offline lighthouse777

« Reply #40 on: March 05, 2010, 09:00:22 PM »
lectricpharoah, whether you believe Jesus was Who He said He was is one thing, but if you believe He never existed, that's just ignorant.  Roman senators at the time noted He existed. 

Online Emily

• Professor
  • Darwins +49/-0
« Reply #41 on: March 05, 2010, 09:02:30 PM »
Roman senators at the time noted He existed. 

Oh good. Show documents supporting this.

Either way, I personally could care less if Jesus (the man) existed.
"Great moments are born from great opportunities." Herb Brooks

I edit a lot of my posts. The reason being it to add content or to correct grammar/wording. All edits to remove wording get a strike through through the wording.

Offline none

• Fellow
  • Darwins +11/-4
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #42 on: March 05, 2010, 09:05:59 PM »
Roman senators at the time noted He existed. 
forget the supporting documents, where are the notes?

Offline One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +284/-37
  • Supreme ruler of the multiverse; All In One
« Reply #43 on: March 05, 2010, 09:07:56 PM »
lectricpharoah, whether you believe Jesus was Who He said He was is one thing, but if you believe He never existed, that's just ignorant.  Roman senators at the time noted He existed.  

yeah, lectricpharoah. not believing in jesus is as ignorant as not believing in me
people on websites note i exist and that i am all powerful, all knowing and immortal, just like jesus because i am YHWH, a jealous god bla bla bla etc etc etc
The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?
We choose our own gods.

A.K.A.: Blaziken_rjcf/Lucifer/All In One.

Online Emily

• Professor
  • Darwins +49/-0
« Reply #44 on: March 05, 2010, 09:13:38 PM »
Eh, these are more replied Lighthouse is going to ignore. I've been thinking of reporting him to the admins, but since he only has 7 or so posts I'll wait. I don't think lighthouse actually cares about what we think, or have to say. Lighthouse, don't you want to stand up for your beliefs in this thread where you pretty much got your ass handed to you...
"Great moments are born from great opportunities." Herb Brooks

I edit a lot of my posts. The reason being it to add content or to correct grammar/wording. All edits to remove wording get a strike through through the wording.

Offline Gimpy

• Reader
  • Darwins +1/-0
  • Are we there yet?
« Reply #45 on: March 05, 2010, 09:17:52 PM »
Eh, these are more replied Lighthouse is going to ignore. I've been thinking of reporting him to the admins, but since he only has 7 or so posts I'll wait. I don't think lighthouse actually cares about what we think, or have to say. Lighthouse, don't you want to stand up for your beliefs in this thread where you pretty much got your ass handed to you...

I'll join your report. . .
Not all those who wander are lost; some are buried in my backyard. . .

Offline GodIsDead

• Student
  • Darwins +0/-0
« Reply #46 on: March 06, 2010, 10:34:06 PM »
Thankfully my mother is opposed to both Spam and useless religious stuff she knows will not make one single dent in my outlook on religion.

"A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything." -- Friedrich Nietzsche