Author Topic: WHY IS THE MISSING LINK STILL MISSING?  (Read 4579 times)

Offline Codswallop

• Reader
  • Darwins +1/-0
  • Cod helps those who help themselves.
Re: WHY IS THE MISSING LINK STILL MISSING?
« Reply #29 on: August 06, 2008, 09:01:08 AM »

Quote from: Ibelieve
I gave up a long time ago on letting other people do my thinking for me.

That's actually kind of funny, albeit tragic. Ibelieve, do you really imagine you came up with these ideas on your own? Because we have seen them many times before. I mean, there's no actual critical though in anything you have said. Aren't you really just parroting what you have read and heard from others?

I take in arguments and information from a wide variety of sources, including creationist/Christian sources. I am quite capable of distinguishing the wheat from the chaff (to borrow a phrase). Can't you do the same? Ideas are not poisonous; lack of critical thinking skills IS.

Just something to think about. ;)
"You've got to remember that these are just simple farmers. These are people of the land. The common clay of the new West. You know... morons."
             --Gene Wilder as The Waco Kid, Blazing Saddles

Offline Omen

• Professor
  • Darwins +105/-15
  • One of the fucking bad guys; not friendly, tiger!
« Reply #30 on: August 06, 2008, 09:02:40 AM »
This is a waste of time gentle forum folk.  In another thread where Ibelieve first mentioned evolution, I linked him several youtube videos from DonExodus, CDK007, and Thunderfoot.  They all happen to be biologists who want to teach others about evolution.  They are part of the new age scientists who wish to teach modern science to the common man.

I understand, however it is useful to point out that in order to claim that theism ( or even creationism ) promotes delusion in some individuals then it serves a purpose to have those threads where individuals willfully omit information, lie, present misinformation, or avoid any attempt to learn differently.

That by definition, is a delusion, and I keep track of such threads to demonstrate that claim when I need to.  I also make sure to give "Ibelieve" every attempt to respond, answer questions, or even explain themselves.  However, they rarely if ever go to those lengths and will simply repeat the same fraudulent information as before.
"Religious faith is the antithesis to knowledge, it is the opposition to education, and it has to act in animosity against the free exchange of ideas.  Why? Because those things are what cause harm to a religions place in society most." - Me

Offline Ibelieve

« Reply #31 on: August 06, 2008, 11:27:27 AM »
You havn't produced any kind of information to support any of your own claims and you havn't produced any viable criticism of the field of science your attempting to attack.  Emotional pleas, insults, lies, and ignorance do not make for convincing arguments.  More importantly, when those same ridiculous statements are based on bigoted associations.>>>>>

Why don't you read the post or you think thermodynamics is bigoted associations?

READ:

[modbreak=moderator_016]iBelieve, please do not re-post your previous posts in their entirety.  Also, please take the time to learn how to use the Quote tag available here, to make your posts more readable.

Finally, can you elaborate on how thermodynamics disproves evolution?
[/modbreak]
« Last Edit: August 06, 2008, 11:47:14 AM by Moderator_016 »

Offline Vynn

• Reader
  • Darwins +1/-0
  • 1st an infidel, then a heretic, now an atheist!
« Reply #32 on: August 06, 2008, 11:30:26 AM »
I think Ibelieve is a christian bot.

Ibelieve, if you're not a bot designed by a christian, sink back into your comfortable delusion. You're too ignorant to understand anything outside its bubble and besides, i'd rather not ever have to admit that you're on "our side".
« Last Edit: August 06, 2008, 11:32:34 AM by Vynn »

Offline Omen

• Professor
  • Darwins +105/-15
« Reply #33 on: August 06, 2008, 11:56:35 AM »
You havn't produced any kind of information to support any of your own claims and you havn't produced any viable criticism of the field of science your attempting to attack.  Emotional pleas, insults, lies, and ignorance do not make for convincing arguments.  More importantly, when those same ridiculous statements are based on bigoted associations.>>>>>

Why don't you read the post or you think thermodynamics is bigoted associations?

Again, you are in error.  This is a frequent error made by those who believe these creationist whack jobs who often lie and attempt to misinform others.  You are a clear example of that misinformation in work.

There is no theoretical model in biology or physics that violates the 2nd law of thermodynamics.  Using it or claiming it in a way that implies any kind of evolutionary model violates it, is not only a clear misunderstanding of the life sciences but also a blatant misuse/misunderstanding of thermodynamics.

Since there are countless examples of where simple variables become complex arrangements entirely upon their own, then creationist must therefore believe that everything from microwave ovens to the formation of a water eddy are in complete disregard to anything to do with the second law of thermodynamics.  Not to mention sand dunes, lightning strikes, chemical reactions, the sun, well.. the formation of matter out of the cooling universe etc.  Everything and anything.

The error is the presumption that entropy is decreasing.  However, in any system where self organization occurs ( both in physics and biology ) entropy is ever increasing as it is ever increasing in the universe.  A river eddy has energy poured into it that it loses as water flows away from it but also the energy loss on the obstruction that created the eddy in the first place.  A microwave oven has energy flowing into it and out of it that not only transfers energy to water molecules or metal, but also loses microwaves through the enclosure.  A biological life form has energy flowing through it in the same way; whether it be the sun itself, chemical reactions, warmth, movement, etc. etc. etc.  Entropy does not decrease simply because the flow of energy can become organized.

If you want to learn more, I suggest reading up on the topic of 'self organization' or even thermodynamics itself.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Second_law_of_thermodynamics#Applications_to_living_systems

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Self-organisation#Self-organization_vs._entropy

So again, here we are.  You are making statements that are false or in blatant error to the actual fields of science you are attempting to criticize.  When we can get you to come to the table to actually address the information, this discussion can begin.  Until then you are simply engaging in insults, emotional attacks, and strawmen.  You make no attempt to even communicate with us that is productive or positive.

I also elaborated in detail the many dozens of errors you've made already, please feel free to address them one by one when your feeling frisky.  I noted errors in both logical argumentation and the actual factual data you attempt to criticize.  Not a single one have you made that is an actual criticism of the science you are attacking.

http://whywontgodhealamputees.com/forums/index.php?topic=545.msg9036#msg9036

How can we take you seriously when not only do you avoid your own errors, but seem entirely unwilling to learn any differently?

Are you concerned at all that you might be wrong about the science your attempting to attack?

Are you at all aware that life sciences ( biology ) have nothing to do with proving or disproving a god or gods?
« Last Edit: August 06, 2008, 12:05:02 PM by Omen »
"Religious faith is the antithesis to knowledge, it is the opposition to education, and it has to act in animosity against the free exchange of ideas.  Why? Because those things are what cause harm to a religions place in society most." - Me

Offline Ibelieve

« Reply #34 on: August 06, 2008, 12:01:53 PM »
[modbreak=Moderator_016]
Warning.  You have now triple-posted the same identical material without engaging in any forum members in meaningful dialog.  Please remember the purpose of this forum is discussion, not spamming the board with assertions.
[/modbreak]
« Last Edit: August 06, 2008, 12:16:31 PM by Moderator_016 »

Offline Ibelieve

« Reply #35 on: August 06, 2008, 12:04:56 PM »
You havn't produced any kind of information to support any of your own claims and you havn't produced any viable criticism of the field of science your attempting to attack.  Emotional pleas, insults, lies, and ignorance do not make for convincing arguments.  More importantly, when those same ridiculous statements are based on bigoted associations.

Why don't you read the post or you think the law of thermodynamics is bigoted associations.

Offline Vynn

• Reader
  • Darwins +1/-0
  • 1st an infidel, then a heretic, now an atheist!
« Reply #36 on: August 06, 2008, 12:06:24 PM »
The quote feature. Use it.

The yellow square "bubble" button under the red "A" and between the "#" button and the "bullet" button. C'mon.

Offline Omen

• Professor
  • Darwins +105/-15
« Reply #37 on: August 06, 2008, 12:06:30 PM »

Offline velkyn

• Laureate
  • Darwins +169/-6
  • You're wearing the juice, aren't you?"
« Reply #38 on: August 06, 2008, 12:19:32 PM »
So we see that the theory or Evildelusion completely flunked the second law of thermodynamics!

What about the First Law?
"The first law of thermodynamics, better known as Conservation of Energy, says that you can't create energy from nothing: (OOPS!)

it prohibits perpetual motion machines of the first type, which run and run indefinitely without consuming fuel or any other resource.  According to our modern view of physics, energy is conserved in each individual interaction of particles.  By mathematical induction, we see that no matter how large an assemblage of particles may be, it cannot produce energy from nothing - not without violating what we presently believe to be the laws of physics."

Don't you just hate this Law? It just mucks up our most cherished theories and make us look like idiots.

I know, lets just squeeze our eyes shut real tight and maybe it will just go away!!

Whatever this stupid law says just remember this "I am a scientist, man, I KNOWscience, ME!" 

Once upon a time, boys and girls, long, long ago there was nothing and all of this nothing came together and there was a big bang.

BANG! 

And here we are today, boys and girls, descended from monkeys and thinking like morons!

being that you can't even get the first law of thermodymanics right is quite an indication of how much you understand of any science.  The first law does not say that you cannot create energy from nothing.  It says,well, just read it here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_law_of_thermodynamics

You also continue to say that humans descended from monkeys.  We didn't.  We likely descended from a common ancestor.

Exactly what is "mathematical induction"?

I find it hilarious that Christians always say that they have "no problem with biology, etc" BUT......  They think that they can ignore same science and scientific method that supports forensics, medicine, computers, etc when it supports evolutionary theory, some ideas about abiogenesis and some idea about how the universe was formed.  ibelieve, you are a hypocrite of the worst kind.
"There is no use in arguing with a man who can multiply anything by the square root of minus 1" - Pirates of Venus, ERB

http://clubschadenfreude.wordpress.com/

Offline Luthekar

• Student
  • Darwins +0/-0
  • Free of emotional baggage contrived from religion.
« Reply #39 on: August 06, 2008, 01:05:28 PM »
Firstly, creationism is based upon faith and faith is based upon evidence. For example, if I go to a desert island and I step off my boat and I notice a set of footprints on the beach that is evidence that someone else has been there. I don't have to actually see the person in order to come to that conclusion.
Your definition of faith is faulty because faith is NOT based on evidence. And your little example here is meaningless. Try again.

Likewise, if I see something in nature that has purpose and design that evidence would prompt me to ask the logical question, "who is the designer?" Again, notice I wouldn't have to actually see the person responsible for the thing produced in order to come to the conclusion. The faith part of the equation is, WHO is responsible instead of "what" is responsible.
When you look at humans, what do you see our purpose as? What is the purpose of all other galaxies and stars in the universe if we're so special and the universe was created specifically for us? What an incredible waste of space. And why is there more than just us, the moon and the sun? That's pretty much all we need. God can magically sustain our eco-systems on Earth. And don't give me that "The universe was 'made' to marvel at and show the glory and power of God" garbage.
And here we go with the "design" nonsense again. Evolution is a journey, not a destination. Nothing was "designed." Everything is just the way it is. Nature does all things spontaneously by itself without the meddling of a God.

Notice that when when we start asking WHAT instead of Who, the whole thing is thrown into confusion. We are thrown into the primordial stew with different people sticking their spoons in  and coming out with contradictory hypothesis, speculation and conjecture.
Notice that when you ask WHO instead of WHAT, there is equal confusion because you are then forced to decide which religion and denomination your God belongs to. You then have to account for who "designed" God and where he came from. The fallacy with asking "who" is that when you do that, you are restricting the answer to only Gods and/or intelligent sentient beings with magical powers. Where as if you ask "what," the answer could be anything. And even if we don't know, or can't really test WHAT exactly the cause was that is responsible for the big bangs and the creation of particles, energy or atoms, it's foolish to assert that the only answer is "God." At least we are big enough to admit that we don't know yet. I think that Theists are so afraid of saying "I don't know" because they feel they always need an answer, and if they don't have an answer, then that of course means that their beliefs are based on contradictory hypotheses, speculation and conjecture as well.
There's two sides to the fence here, buddy.

The biggest problem for evolutionists is that have dismissed the idea of a Creator and now desperately trying to find evidence to prove the theory. The problem is how to prove something when no evidence exist to support it. Well, you invent it. Piltdown man, for example. "For decades, a fossil skull discovered in Piltdown, England, was hailed as the missing link between apes and humans. Entire careers were built on its authenticity. Then in 1953, the awful truth came out: "Piltdown Man" was a fake!" It was just one of the many crutches that were produce to support the lie.
The biggest problem for creationists is that they have dismissed evolution and are now desperately trying to find evidence to prove God. Theist's problem is that there is NO evidence that exists to support God AT ALL. Unfortunately for you, there is evidence that supports evolution. But we all know you choose to remain willfully ignorant by refusing to even learn it, so dismiss it without proving evolution false.
And as far as the piltdown man goes, it was scientists who proved it to be a hoax. Creationists did nothing. Scientists are not ashamed to admit their mistakes. Are you?

Interestingly and contrary to the beliefs of the less well informed, there isn't ONE stitch of evidence scientific or otherwise to support evolution.
Thou shalt not lie. You are completely dishonest here. According to you, transitional fossils don't exist, fossil layers in the geological record don't exist, nylon eating bacteria doesn't exist, insects don't become immune to pesticides, all animals are the same with no speciation differences, Humans don't have vestigial organs, our jaws are the perfect size to house our wisdom teeth, and the aids virus doesn't continuously evolve making it harder to find a cure. That's just the tip of the iceberg of the mounting evidence for evolution. You really are ignorant. Learn something before you come in here making horrendously false assertions.

So you see why I wouldn't even waste time in asking you to "provide direct proof" as it is a lost cause already even though you might not  realize it as yet.
The same can be said about you.

The fact of the matter is that most people are just running with the theory because they do not like the alternative which is God.
No, no. The alternative is delusion.

You see accepting there is a God requires people to admit that they are sinners in bondage to habits of vice and lust and selfishness of one kind or another. Admitting God demands repentance and change. Some are running desperately seeking shelter in and idea that has not foundation in reality, in history, in religion nor science nor common sense.
And accepting evolution requires most theists to admit they are delusional and worship imaginary beings. No one likes to be told they're wrong. We're still waiting for you to tell us why we're wrong. And stop acting like the only reason we choose not to worship your God is because we don't like the idea of a hell. If we think hell doesn't exist, then neither does heaven and your God.

The Big Bang supposed to have started with nothing but over zillions of years the nothing has become us. Here we are driving cars and flying airplanes which we were only able to produce within the last 100 years even though we were supposed to have been around for the past 100, 000, 000 years. You just couldn't make it up and even you did no one would believe it but incredible they did make it up and millions have embraced the idea. This is nothing less than mass deception.
Wrong wrong wrong. The big bang only happened about 14 billion years ago. How do we know this? By observable evidence called "light." And we have not been around 100 million years.

Seeing that people on this forum are avowed atheist does that mean you cannot be honest? If you will not accept religion then will you not accept science? Evolution is NOT Science, Evolution is not observable, Evolution is NOT testable; and, Evolution is NOT repeatable.
You are so wrong, and you are completely dishonest. Dishonesty is equivalent to lying. You're going to hell if you keep sinning like this. And you'll never know if your God forgives you even if you fervently ask for forgiveness. He has a habit of not responding to prayers.

Can I invite you to stop looking at the hypothesis and start looking at the hard scientific evidence.
More misconceptions about scientific theory. When a group of scientists come up with a hypothesis, (as opposed to a theory) then the hypotheses are subject to verification through testing. Once it becomes verified as fact, it is then applied to in a working theory (as opposed to a hypothesis.) This is the reason why science changes. Science is not static. New discoveries and observations are made all the time, and have to be worked in to whatever field of science and theory they apply to.
So basically, a "theory" in scientific terms is based on finding/discovering facts, observable evidence, and how it all fits in with working models, which is what a scientific theory is. Throughout all the scientists and grad students studying, working, and researching the field of evolution, NOT ONE of them are opposed to it. There is no dissent amongst them. Why do you think that is? Perhaps it's because they've studied it, seen all the evidence, and know all the facts about Evolution. Unlike you of course, who refuses to even attempt to learn and study it.

The missing link is still missing because it never existed!
It's missing because we haven't found it. And I can tell you some wild theories I've come across on why that is that involve aliens, lol. And the strange thing is, those theories fit perfectly. But do I go around advocating those theories and beliefs or even believing them myself? Nope, because even if I did, it doesn't matter. Whatever "is," just simply "is." But thanks to science and research, I know what ISN'T.
You believe in a book that has sticks turning into snakes, and you say we are the ones that need help?
When you understand why you dismiss all other Gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.
It is better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however reassuring.

Offline Operator_016

• Undergraduate
  • Darwins +0/-0
« Reply #40 on: August 06, 2008, 04:35:38 PM »
Ibelieve has been given a 48-hour suspension.  Hopefully when he returns he will be amenable to conversation.
Former Moderator Account

Offline MrFriday

• 100% Superstition Free
  • Reader
  • Darwins +3/-0
    • To Question God
« Reply #41 on: August 06, 2008, 08:55:54 PM »
So we see that the theory or Evildelusion completely flunked the second law of thermodynamics!
Your claim about this has already been refuted. It is certainly getting ahead of yourself to gleefully proclaim victory. Read my post and if you can show how it is flawed, we can discuss it. Until then, you have zero credibility.

What about the First Law?

"The first law of thermodynamics, better known as Conservation of Energy, says that you can't create energy from nothing: (OOPS!)

it prohibits perpetual motion machines of the first type, which run and run indefinitely without consuming fuel or any other resource.  According to our modern view of physics, energy is conserved in each individual interaction of particles.  By mathematical induction, we see that no matter how large an assemblage of particles may be, it cannot produce energy from nothing - not without violating what we presently believe to be the laws of physics."
This is really hilarious. All this shows is that you are wrong about your caricature of what the Big Bang is. You are repeating the common misconception that the Theory of the Big Bang actually posits creation ex nihilo. Only your God claims that. Scientists admit that we don't know the source of the singularity (if that is even what it is) that caused the Big Bang. Far from being something from nothing, the Big Bang posits all of the energy in the universe being contained in one spot. How it got there is a subject for inquiry. If you really knew anything about current cosmological theories you'd know that there are none accepted which claim that nothing existed before the Big Bang. Perhaps it would also do you some good to study quantum physics and superstring theories. Scientists are working toward answering all the questions you might have. But it is never going to be useful to stop the research and say "God did it!" It explains nothing and only creates another big mystery.

Don't you just hate this Law?
It doesn't bother me in the slightest. The only one it should bother is you because it means you have to claim your God is nothing more than a claim of magic.

It just mucks up our most cherished theories and make us look like idiots.
I'm sure you feel that way but those of us who actually study science don't need to be bothered by it. We don't have to hate and vilify science to make our points.

I know, lets just squeeze our eyes shut real tight and maybe it will just go away!!
I really don't know why theists think that's a valid approach. Perhaps you can explain it.

Your post is utterly ignorant and extremely offensive. If your God can't teach you better than that, it just reinforces my contention that he isn't worth considering at all.

OOPS! indeed. You effectively shat yourself right here in public.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2008, 08:57:53 PM by MrFriday »
"Faith is believing in something you know isn't true" - Mark Twain

Offline MadBunny

• Fellow
  • Darwins +110/-0
  • Fallen Illuminatus
« Reply #42 on: August 07, 2008, 10:39:51 AM »

Whatever this stupid law says just remember this "I am a scientist, man, I KNOW
science, ME!" 

Once upon a time, boys and girls, long, long ago there was nothing and all of this
nothing came together and there was a big bang.

BANG! 

And here we are today, boys and girls, descended from monkeys and thinking
like morons!

Whatever this stupid book says just remember this "I am a christian, man, I KNOW, ME!" 

Once upon a time, boys and girls, long, long ago there was nothing and all of this
nothing came together and there was a god.

BANG! 

And here we are today, boys and girls, descended from a man made from mud and his wife made out of his rib and thinking like morons!

Give a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a night.  Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Offline KISSME

• Freshman
  • Darwins +0/-0
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #43 on: November 16, 2011, 02:54:02 PM »
(Not too sure where to post this. Anyway, here goes …)

TIME, EVOLUTION AND CREATION (suddenness)

I gave my 30 year-old son (fictive) a photo album containing 60 snapshots of himself, one for every month of his first sixty months of his life.

He came back to me demanding that I prove to him that every single image is that of his own evolution self.

I told him that I couldn’t prove it, that it was a mixture of trust and reasoning from the two of us.

I also told him that the images represented a combined one second of his first 157,680,000 seconds as a human being.

He told me that the images had too many “missing links”, that according to him they represented revolution, “creation”, or suddenness.

I replied that according to me it represented “evolution” and that I was conscious during those five months while he was not. He was a child while I was an adult.

END OF STORY

I believe that the concept of great numbers does not exist within the common person. In its place came expressions such as “ever”, “never”, and funny words in between; one teaspoon; one house; one family; two bags; three bushels; four cows; twelve people; one city; one world; their world.

If I ask a North American today what comes after the expression “one million”, most likely than not I would hear “dollars”. Never in a million years (joke) would I hear “years”. The concept of time is too hard to grasp, even today.

Thanks

Keep It Simple Stupid Me

P.-S. the photos were taken at the speed of one sixtieth of a second
Keep It Simple Stupid ME

Online jaimehlers

• Fellow
  • Darwins +507/-12
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #44 on: November 16, 2011, 03:26:04 PM »
Please, please, please do not bump topics that are over three years old.

Your example is interesting, but there are more recent topics that you could have posted it in.

Offline KISSME

• Freshman
  • Darwins +0/-0
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #45 on: November 16, 2011, 07:05:26 PM »
Thanks Jaimehlers.

I got in using an unlocked back door, grabbed an old wooden chair, sat at a kitchen table surrounded by who-knows-who, looked and listened, and came out with a métaphore.
Keep It Simple Stupid ME

Offline Ambassador Pony

• You keep what you kill.
  • Administrator
  • Darwins +71/-4
  • illuminatus
« Reply #46 on: November 17, 2011, 06:32:05 AM »
As-tu compris qu'est qu'il a dit? Parce que.......sa semble que non.
You believe evolution and there is no evidence for that. Where is the fossil record of a half man half ape. I've only ever heard about it in reading.

Offline KISSME

• Freshman
  • Darwins +0/-0
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #47 on: November 17, 2011, 10:15:57 AM »
Je crois que j’ai compris. Il me dit que j’aurais pu insérer mon commentaire ailleurs. Mais puisque l’erreur est déjà commise, je ne peux la corriger.

Est-ce la responsabilité d’un administrateur de le déplacer ou la mienne? Je n’suis pas sure. J’suis une recrue. As-tu une suggestion?

« Rentrer par le porte arrière » était une expression pour ne pas trop déranger les longues discussions qu’il y a présentement ailleurs.

Merci
Keep It Simple Stupid ME

Offline Hatter23

• Fellow
  • Darwins +257/-7
  • Doesn't believe in one more god than you
« Reply #48 on: November 17, 2011, 11:41:56 AM »
didn't notice the necromancy
An Omnipowerful God needed to sacrifice himself to himself (but only for a long weekend) in order to avert his own wrath against his own creations who he made in a manner knowing that they weren't going to live up to his standards.

And you should feel guilty for this. Give me money.

Offline Ambassador Pony

• Administrator
  • Darwins +71/-4
  • illuminatus
« Reply #49 on: November 17, 2011, 08:17:43 PM »
Est-ce la responsabilité d’un administrateur de le déplacer ou la mienne? Je n’suis pas sure. J’suis une recrue. As-tu une suggestion?

Je m'assure que t'as compris. C'est tous.

Merci

ça m'fait plaisir.
You believe evolution and there is no evidence for that. Where is the fossil record of a half man half ape. I've only ever heard about it in reading.

Offline screwtape

• The Great Red Dragon
  • Administrator
  • Darwins +618/-23
  • Karma mooch
« Reply #50 on: November 18, 2011, 10:22:15 AM »
Okay, enough with the love talk you two.
Links:
Rules
Guides & Tutorials

What's true is already so. Owning up to it does not make it worse.

Offline Babdah

• Graduate
  • Darwins +4/-3
  • “We live in an age disturbed, confused, bewildered
« Reply #51 on: November 18, 2011, 03:05:21 PM »

Je m'assure que t'as compris. C'est tous.

Merci

ça m'fait plaisir.

Pourquoi faut-il parler en français pour? Je ne sais pas très bien le français ....  Dávám p?ednost ?esky, je to v po?ádku?
“We live in an age disturbed, confused, bewildered, afraid of its own forces, in search not merely of its road but even of its direction

Offline caveat_imperator

• Undergraduate
  • Darwins +6/-0
« Reply #52 on: November 18, 2011, 03:58:08 PM »
¡Oye! ¡Hablar en inglés, cabrones! >:(

;D
You can't prove a negative of an existence postulate.

Offline RaymondKHessel

• Reader
  • Darwins +73/-3
  • Born with insight, and a raised fist.
« Reply #53 on: November 18, 2011, 04:05:33 PM »
Raymond K don't leppa-tai to the shame-a cow. 'Cos that's a leepa leepa kamey Shai-EEEEE, ya dig? Cole me down on the panny stai my daimies. Sah-dah-tay.

...I'ma sine your pity on the runny kine.

Born with insight, and a raised fist.

Offline One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +263/-33
  • Supreme ruler of the multiverse; All In One
« Reply #54 on: November 18, 2011, 04:08:09 PM »
You know, the next time a theist says something like the OP, I'm gonna say "What are you talking about? You're right here!"
The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?
We choose our own gods.

A.K.A.: Blaziken_rjcf/Lucifer/All In One.

Offline Ambassador Pony

• Administrator
  • Darwins +71/-4
  • illuminatus
« Reply #55 on: November 18, 2011, 05:01:44 PM »
Badah, you don't have to. I am just being an accommodating forum overlord.

Offline nogodsforme

• Professor
  • Darwins +781/-4
  • Jehovah's Witness Protection Program
« Reply #56 on: November 18, 2011, 06:00:41 PM »
riley, call for you on line one. riley, pick up on line one. theist threatened by evolution on line one. please pick up.  &)
Extraordinary claims of the bible don't even have ordinary evidence.

Kids aren't paying attention most of the time in science classes so it seems silly to get worked up over ID being taught in schools.

Offline jtp56

• Graduate
  • Darwins +4/-66
  • WWGHA Member
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #57 on: November 18, 2011, 08:00:28 PM »
The "Wiki" link discusses heat death based on 1850's science.  Heat and entropy are expressed in different units per Einstein and accepted today.  Apples/Oranges. The entropy of the universe is increasing based on empirical science.  Constant entropy (isentropic) processes are used to design refrigerators and other stuff we take for granted.

If what BBT people believe is true, physics today would need to have been different (unexplained) for the big bang to have happened.  The heat of compression trumps the force of gravity every time, nowadays anyway.  It takes a lot of faith to believe it was different in the beginning.

Man you guys need to study science!!!  You need to be more critical of what you listen to and read.
Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.