Author Topic: The answer to the question why won't God Heal amputees?  (Read 19178 times)

Offline Truth

• Graduate
  • Darwins +0/-0
    • A Prayer Website
Re: The answer to the question why won't God Heal amputees?
« Reply #116 on: March 22, 2009, 06:56:35 PM »
What are you talking about?  You mean I should respond when someone declares they do not believe in heaven?  Well I think God will respond accordingly.

He hasn't responded in at least 1900 years. What makes you think he will respond now?
You are sadly mistaken.  God responds to us every day.  He will respond to you when you call.  He's just waiting.  How do you know the voice of God.  It is that still small voice you hear in your inner man.  Also you can read the Bible to see what God has to say.
Passage 2 Corinthians 10:4:

(For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds;)

Offline Airyaman

• Fellow
  • Darwins +17/-2
  • Alignment: True Neutral
    • Moving Beyond Faith
« Reply #117 on: March 22, 2009, 06:59:21 PM »
He hasn't responded in at least 1900 years. What makes you think he will respond now?
You are sadly mistaken.  God responds to us every day. 

How so? Voices in your head? Writing in the sky? Burnt images of Mary and Jesus in toast?

He will respond to you when you call.  He's just waiting.  How do you know the voice of God.  It is that still small voice you hear in your inner man.  Also you can read the Bible to see what God has to say.

That voice you hear is yourself. Get over it.
If you are following God why can I still see you?

Offline Astreja

• Fellow
  • Darwins +280/-3
  • Agnostic goddess with Clue-by-Four™
    • The Springy Goddess
« Reply #118 on: March 22, 2009, 07:12:44 PM »
How do you know the voice of God.  It is that still small voice you hear in your inner man.

Burden of proof is upon you.  Please provide evidence that this 'voice' is coming from an unproven, undetectable supernatural entity, and is not merely the natural result of hemisphere-to-hemisphere communications within the physical brain.

Also you can read the Bible to see what God has to say.

Apparently... 'Kill the Amalekites.'  >:(
Reality Checkroom — Not Responsible for Lost Articles

Offline Deus ex Machina

• Fellow
  • Darwins +23/-3
  • non-cdesign-proponentsist
« Reply #119 on: March 22, 2009, 07:26:40 PM »
You are sadly mistaken.  God responds to us every day.  He will respond to you when you call.  He's just waiting.  How do you know the voice of God.  It is that still small voice you hear in your inner man.  Also you can read the Bible to see what God has to say.

"You will find that it is you who are mistaken — about a great many things."

That "still small voice you hear in your inner man" - on what grounds do you assert that it is God, as opposed to a part of your own mental processes? It appears to me that you are elevating an element of your own psyche to godhood - IOW, it is a delusion, and a pretty dangerous one at that.

As for reading the Bible to see what God has to say - on what grounds do you assert that God had anything to do with that patchwork of sixty-six books of fiction, priestly history, wisdom-sayings and allegories at all?
No day in which you learn something is wasted.

Online Aaron123

• Fellow
  • Darwins +80/-1
« Reply #120 on: March 22, 2009, 09:38:45 PM »
Truth, answer my questions please.  If you already answered these questions, then point me to it.  If not, than please answer them.

Do you follow the ten commandments?

If yes; then should everyone else follow them?

If yes, then why does this still apply towards us, but not anything else in the OT?

Are you aware of the other set of ten commandments that god gave Moses, and that which Moses placed in the ark?  If so, could you direct me to the passage that contants them?  I'm just curious if you're aware of them.
Being a Christian, I've made my decision. That decision offers no compromise; therefore, I'm closed to anything else.

Offline Truth

• Graduate
  • Darwins +0/-0
    • A Prayer Website
« Reply #121 on: March 23, 2009, 05:40:17 AM »
Aaron I have answered your question two times already.  I can't find it on the various threads.  Maybe you can if you look for it.  It was  quite a lengthy answer. so I am not inclined to put it up a third time. 

(For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds;)

Offline Agamemnon

• Fellow
  • Darwins +15/-0
« Reply #122 on: March 23, 2009, 08:38:49 AM »
Aaron I have answered your question two times already.  I can't find it on the various threads.  Maybe you can if you look for it.  It was  quite a lengthy answer. so I am not inclined to put it up a third time. 

Truth, here are all 43 of your posts:

http://whywontgodhealamputees.com/forums/index.php?action=profile;u=1567;sa=showPosts

I looked through them briefly and didn't see an answer to Aaron's questions.  Maybe you can find the answers and provide us the link?
« Last Edit: March 23, 2009, 08:41:31 AM by Agamemnon »
So far as I can remember, there is not one word in the Gospels in praise of intelligence.  --Bertrand Russell

Offline Hermes

• Professor
  • Darwins +2/-0
  • 1600 years of oppression ends; Zeus is worshiped.
« Reply #123 on: March 23, 2009, 09:31:47 AM »
Unanswered or unaddressed;

Leviticus 15: 19-33 Those were customs and ceremonies in Old Testament times before the coming of Jesus. Separating the woman was symbolic of how God is separated from us when we sin.  But today we do not follow those customs because Jesus came and we were atoned for our sins, however we are still separated from God when we sin.  All have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God.  All we have to do is repent (turn away) from our sin and ask God’s forgiveness and because of the blood of Jesus he will forgive us.

Three questions (with the above in mind as well as your other comments);

1. Why did God change?

2. Why were those previous practices valid?

3. Why not just discard the OT as an irrelevant curiosity?

Someone  asked the question why my God and not some other God like allah or  whatever?  I can't find the post, but the answer is that there has never been another God that can raise the dead, perform the miracles that Jesus performed and is still performing, creates life.  There is only one all knowing, all powerful, ever present God and he heals amputees.  Read the first post if you need to.  Don't argue with me, the battle is not mine, but it's the Lord.  He is the one that can make blind eyes see.

Yet, you are here.  Not your deity.  You are making those claims to us.  So, the argument -- if any -- does indeed fall to you.

As for the specific claims;

"there has never been another God that;

1. "can raise the dead"

2. "perform the miracles that Jesus performed"

3. "and is still performing"

4. "creates life".

Do you want to actually stand by those claims, or do you want to reconsider?
Smart people believe weird things because they are skilled at defending beliefs they arrived at for non-smart reasons. --Michael Shermer

The history of religion is a long attempt to reconcile old custom with new reason, to find a sound theory for an absurd practice.  --Sir James George Frazer

Offline gonegolfing

• Reader
  • Darwins +23/-2
  • God ?...Don't even get me started !
« Reply #124 on: March 23, 2009, 10:29:26 AM »
This means he can take if he desires not, but he doesn't always desire.

You're right. Correction on my part, he desires all amputees, and basically anybody that never gets healing, to suffer. If he desired for them to not suffer, he would have healed them.

God answers prayer.  God does not desire anyone to suffer and never did I say that.  I know it is hard to understand, but when you become a believer, it will be clearer.  Sometimes people are not healed, they just die in the natural.  It doesn't mean that they weren't healed.  If they are believers they will have eternal life and will never suffer again.  If they are non believer...Oh well.   Now even though some people do not choose God, he desires that everyone chooses him.  But he gave us free will so it is up to us what we choose. 

So are you saying that there should be no suffering in the world?  I agree with you on that, but this is not the final stop we have to always remember, that there is a world where there is no more suffering...it's a place called heaven. 

I got to this post and thought "this is enough of this nonsense."

Oh well ? Oh Well ? That's what you think of individuals who don't go along with the belief in your imaginary friend ? "It's just as well that they're off to the brimstone abyss...they're getting what they deserve". That's what your thinking correct ? That us non believers are going to do a slow and eternal roast ? ..........You make me sick.

Your subtle little "Oh Well" shows me your true colours, and is one of the primary reasons why I don't do discussions with hacks like you that hold to such disgusting and vile doctrines.

Other than that, have a nice day  ;)
"I believe that there is no God. I'm beyond atheism"....Penn Jillette.

Offline Truth

• Graduate
  • Darwins +0/-0
    • A Prayer Website
« Reply #125 on: March 23, 2009, 11:08:16 AM »

Your argument should be with God and not me.  I do not send anyone to hell.  I, like God, do not wish anyone perish.  I wish that all will be saved.  But God did give us free will and we have to make that choice.  No matter how you feel God loves you and it's not too late to turn to him. 

Offline Agamemnon

• Fellow
  • Darwins +15/-0
« Reply #126 on: March 23, 2009, 11:22:58 AM »

Your argument should be with God and not me.  I do not send anyone to hell.  I, like God, do not wish anyone perish.  I wish that all will be saved.  But God did give us free will and we have to make that choice.  No matter how you feel God loves you and it's not too late to turn to him. 

No, you don't send anyone to hell, but your blasé attitude towards the suffering of untold billions of "lost souls" is highly disturbing.  You seem to have no concern for the fact that all these people are going to suffer for eternity.  If your utter lack of sympathy is emblematic of Christians, then you can bet I won't be joining your cult.
So far as I can remember, there is not one word in the Gospels in praise of intelligence.  --Bertrand Russell

Offline Truth

• Graduate
  • Darwins +0/-0
    • A Prayer Website
« Reply #127 on: March 23, 2009, 11:28:43 AM »
You are so wrong.  Why do you think I'm on this site.  It is to introduce Jesus, the Way, the Truth, and the Light to unbelievers.  Maybe no one has introduced them to Jesus.  Re-evaluate your point.  It is wrong. 

Offline Fridge

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +0/-0
« Reply #128 on: March 23, 2009, 12:54:56 PM »
You are so wrong.  Why do you think I'm on this site.  It is to introduce Jesus, the Way, the Truth, and the Light to unbelievers.  Maybe no one has introduced them to Jesus.  Re-evaluate your point.  It is wrong. 

Do you honestly think no one has heard of Jesus before? Do you think we've been living on an island and you've come here with some brilliant insight? Get out of your cave, buddy. Most of us, if not all, have been adherents to a religion just like you, before becoming atheists/agnostics. The majority of us know more than you about your own beliefs. What's next, you're going to quote-mine the Bible, give us John 3:16 as if we've never heard it before? You're going to have to try a little harder to convert people. Read the threads here before you post, you're just recycling the same old arguments we've been hearing for years.  &)
"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. " - Martin Luther King Jr.

"He wants us to stop sinning- to stop hurting each other.  And one of the ways we do that is by coming to Jesus and eating His flesh and drinking His blood"
-theist

Offline Truth

• Graduate
  • Darwins +0/-0
    • A Prayer Website
« Reply #129 on: March 23, 2009, 01:26:09 PM »
I noticed that you never answer my question Fridge.  What do you have planned for yourself at the end of this life on this world? You can receive the free gift of eternal life.

Offline Fridge

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +0/-0
« Reply #130 on: March 23, 2009, 01:29:16 PM »
What do you have planned for yourself at the end of this life on this world?

Well, I planned on dying. Do you have a better offer?
"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. " - Martin Luther King Jr.

"He wants us to stop sinning- to stop hurting each other.  And one of the ways we do that is by coming to Jesus and eating His flesh and drinking His blood"
-theist

Offline Hermes

• Professor
  • Darwins +2/-0
« Reply #131 on: March 23, 2009, 01:56:10 PM »
I noticed that you never answer my question Fridge.  What do you have planned for yourself at the end of this life on this world? You can receive the free gift of eternal life.

I noticed that you never answer my question Truth.
Smart people believe weird things because they are skilled at defending beliefs they arrived at for non-smart reasons. --Michael Shermer

The history of religion is a long attempt to reconcile old custom with new reason, to find a sound theory for an absurd practice.  --Sir James George Frazer

Offline Truth

• Graduate
  • Darwins +0/-0
    • A Prayer Website
« Reply #132 on: March 23, 2009, 02:02:32 PM »
God has a better offer.  He promises that you can have eternal life.  Just change your heart towards him and recognize him as Lord and Savior.  Confess with your mouth that you are a sinner (as we all are).  Confess that you believe that Jesus died for our sins and he was raised from the dead and is now seated at the right hand of the Father making intercession on your behalf.  Why risk it? If there's a possibility of of it why not put your name in the Lamb's book of life. 

Offline Fridge

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +0/-0
« Reply #133 on: March 23, 2009, 02:08:17 PM »
God has a better offer.  He promises that you can have eternal life.  Just change your heart towards him and recognize him as Lord and Savior.  Confess with your mouth that you are a sinner (as we all are).  Confess that you believe that Jesus died for our sins and he was raised from the dead and is now seated at the right hand of the Father making intercession on your behalf.  Why risk it? If there's a possibility of of it why not put your name in the Lamb's book of life. 

HOLY GOD DAMN I CAN SEE!

I'm being serious, I've heard it a million times. You're bringing nothing new to the table here, save the pascal's wager and preaching. &)

Prove to me the snake oil works.

-theist

Online Aaron123

• Fellow
  • Darwins +80/-1
« Reply #134 on: March 23, 2009, 02:10:15 PM »

Pascal's wager

Why not worship Baal?  Why risk offending him?

Why not worship Apollo?  Why risk offending him?

Why not worship Zeus?  Why risk offending him?

Why not worship Ra?  Why risk offending him?

Why not worship Horus?  Why risk offending him?

Also, you still have yet to answer mine and other people questions.  At this point, I can only conclude that you're deliberately avoiding them.  Which suggust to me that either your arguments are weak, or you're unable to articulate your arguments and you're trying to hide this.
Being a Christian, I've made my decision. That decision offers no compromise; therefore, I'm closed to anything else.

Offline Truth

• Graduate
  • Darwins +0/-0
    • A Prayer Website
« Reply #135 on: March 23, 2009, 02:30:09 PM »

The reason you should not serve those other gods is because they do not offer the gift of eternal life.  The have never raised a dead man from the grave and ascended him to heaven. 

Offline Truth

• Graduate
  • Darwins +0/-0
    • A Prayer Website
« Reply #136 on: March 23, 2009, 02:34:06 PM »

HOLY GOD DAMN I CAN SEE!

I'm being serious, I've heard it a million times. You're bringing nothing new to the table here, save the pascal's wager and
preaching. &)

Prove to me the snake oil works.

You have heard it a million times because God is trying to get your attention.  He loves you and he desires that you not perish, but live your life for me and tell people about him. 

Offline Deus ex Machina

• Fellow
  • Darwins +23/-3
« Reply #137 on: March 23, 2009, 03:11:47 PM »
Actually, the ones I see seeking attention are God's self-appointed spokespersons - not God.

Offline Agamemnon

• Fellow
  • Darwins +15/-0
« Reply #138 on: March 23, 2009, 03:19:14 PM »

The reason you should not serve those other gods is because they do not offer the gift of eternal life.  The have never raised a dead man from the grave and ascended him to heaven. 

Neither has your god, near as I can tell.  Your religion is 100% on par with all religions in that they all make grandiose claims and promises backed up with nothing but more claims and promises.

Offline Hermes

• Professor
  • Darwins +2/-0
« Reply #139 on: March 23, 2009, 03:35:41 PM »

Was Pascal's Wager the reason why you became and/or remain a Christian?

If not, as it was not convincing to you, why mention it to non-Christians?  What would be your goal?

Additionally;

I noticed that you never answer my question Truth.

Linky: http://whywontgodhealamputees.com/forums/index.php?topic=5147.msg112620#msg112620

Offline Truth

• Graduate
  • Darwins +0/-0
    • A Prayer Website
« Reply #140 on: March 23, 2009, 06:14:05 PM »
Actually, the ones I see seeking attention are God's self-appointed spokespersons - not God.

Wrong! “Go into all the world and preach the Gospel to everyone." Mark 16:16.  D direct instruction from Jesus.

Offline Deus ex Machina

• Fellow
  • Darwins +23/-3
« Reply #141 on: March 23, 2009, 06:15:44 PM »

Wrong! “Go into all the world and preach the Gospel to everyone." Mark 16:16.  D direct instruction from Jesus.

Sadly not likely, as Mk 16:9-20 don't appear in the earliest extant copies of the Gospel attributed to Mark. (And, of course, your assertion begs the question anyway; 'Mark' is not established to be other than another self-appointed spokesman.)

P.S. Oh, and incidentally? Mk 16:16 reads "Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned." Perhaps you meant a different verse? Verse Fifteen perhaps?
P.P.S. And if you believe those words are addressed to you, do you also think you can drink deadly poison and not be harmed (Mk 16:18)? I've a bottle of bleach with which to test that hypothesis, if you're up for it.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2009, 06:29:55 PM by Deus ex Machina »

Offline Truth

• Graduate
  • Darwins +0/-0
    • A Prayer Website
« Reply #142 on: March 23, 2009, 08:21:11 PM »
Oh right correction Mark 16:15

I know it's hard for you to understand.  I will pray and ask God to reveal his knowledge and wisdom to you in the name of Jesus. 

Offline Hermes

• Professor
  • Darwins +2/-0
« Reply #143 on: March 23, 2009, 08:24:43 PM »

I know it's hard for you to understand.  I will pray and ask God to reveal his knowledge and wisdom to you in the name of Jesus.

Why bother?   Prayer is ineffective;

http://whywontgodhealamputees.com/superstition.htm

Offline Deus ex Machina

• Fellow
  • Darwins +23/-3
« Reply #144 on: March 23, 2009, 08:30:01 PM »

You know, you're not the first to try that particular magic incantation. It has never worked on me. Spare yourself the trouble. It won't work. Plenty before you have tried and failed.

You see, I know something you don't: prayer is all in your head. It only works for people who believe in it. And, since I don't believe in it, I'm also immune to it. Sorry. :)
« Last Edit: March 23, 2009, 08:33:06 PM by Deus ex Machina »