Author Topic: The answer to the question why won't God Heal amputees?  (Read 17806 times)

Offline Airyaman

• Fellow
  • Darwins +17/-2
  • Alignment: True Neutral
    • Moving Beyond Faith
Re: The answer to the question why won't God Heal amputees?
« Reply #29 on: March 21, 2009, 08:00:44 PM »
Why not? I thought he was all-loving? So it is god's desire that all humans suffer, am I understanding you correctly?

Can you tell me where I said that God desires that all humans suffer?  God desires that we prosper and be in health even as our soul prospers.  But in this life, we all have trials and God knows this. 

Why are you speaking for God in this thread? Did he appoint you as his spokesperson? I'd much rather hear the answers from him, thank you.
If you are following God why can I still see you?

Offline Hermes

• Professor
  • Darwins +2/-0
  • 1600 years of oppression ends; Zeus is worshiped.
« Reply #30 on: March 21, 2009, 08:09:47 PM »
Even though you don't believe in God, he loves you anyway.  At some point in your life you will need something from God.  When you are ready, he will be there waiting for you.  I know it is hard to understand the truth, but that doesn't change the fact that it is true.

Address?  No?

OK.

Then, address my other comment;

BTW, your comment is an insane version of the Yes, No, and Wait argument;

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jk6ILZAaAMI[/youtube]
Smart people believe weird things because they are skilled at defending beliefs they arrived at for non-smart reasons. --Michael Shermer

The history of religion is a long attempt to reconcile old custom with new reason, to find a sound theory for an absurd practice.  --Sir James George Frazer

Offline Truth

« Reply #31 on: March 21, 2009, 08:15:30 PM »
Even though you don't believe in God, he loves you anyway.  At some point in your life you will need something from God.  When you are ready, he will be there waiting for you.  I know it is hard to understand the truth, but that doesn't change the fact that it is true. 

He loves you but he's going to throw you in hell for eternity?

Yeah he desires that you not perish in hell, but he requires that you believe that Jesus is his Son and that he was raised from the dead and is not seated at his right hand making intercession on your behalf.

He does does you, now you have to decide if you love him enough to believe.
Passage 2 Corinthians 10:4:

(For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds;)

Offline Truth

« Reply #32 on: March 21, 2009, 08:19:03 PM »
God does speak through individuals.  But he will speak to you.  Since you have asked him to speak to you, I come into agreement that he will answer your call and speak to your heart speedily.  Praise God.

(For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds;)

Offline Airyaman

• Fellow
  • Darwins +17/-2
    • Moving Beyond Faith
« Reply #33 on: March 21, 2009, 08:21:18 PM »
So all we have to go by in this Jesus belief is an old compilation of books decided upon by a committee? Could you give us just a tad more evidence that this Jesus character, as portrayed in the bible, ever existed?

Offline Emily

• Professor
  • Darwins +50/-0
« Reply #34 on: March 21, 2009, 08:24:02 PM »
He does does you, now you have to decide if you love him enough to believe

haha are you saying he's doing us. Kinda like he did Mary, right? I feel uncomfortable right now  :-\.

(just kidding obviously, don't take that as an insult.)
"Great moments are born from great opportunities." Herb Brooks

I edit a lot of my posts. The reason being it to add content or to correct grammar/wording. All edits to remove wording get a strike through through the wording.

Offline Hermes

• Professor
  • Darwins +2/-0
  • 1600 years of oppression ends; Zeus is worshiped.
« Reply #35 on: March 21, 2009, 08:25:42 PM »
God does speak through individuals.  But he will speak to you.  Since you have asked him to speak to you, I come into agreement that he will answer your call and speak to your heart speedily.  Praise God.

Why take your word for it?
Smart people believe weird things because they are skilled at defending beliefs they arrived at for non-smart reasons. --Michael Shermer

The history of religion is a long attempt to reconcile old custom with new reason, to find a sound theory for an absurd practice.  --Sir James George Frazer

Offline Truth

« Reply #36 on: March 21, 2009, 08:28:20 PM »
He does does you, now you have to decide if you love him enough to believe

haha are you saying he's doing us. Kinda like he did Mary, right? I feel uncomfortable right now  :-\.

(just kidding obviously, don't take that as an insult.)
No its a typo, I meant to say he does love you, now you have to decide if you love him enough to believe

Offline Airyaman

• Fellow
  • Darwins +17/-2
    • Moving Beyond Faith
« Reply #37 on: March 21, 2009, 08:30:21 PM »
^^What does love from an invisible, silent, uninvolved entity feel like?

Offline Truth

« Reply #38 on: March 21, 2009, 09:19:38 PM »
God is not silent.  He speaks to us in our Spirit and through others such as preachers, teachers, and individuals. 

Love is kind, gentle, not rude, not proud, patient, not self seeking, not easily angered, keeps no record of wrongs.  Love does not delight in evil, but rejoices with the truth.  Love always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.  Love never fails.  That what love is.  You have it from God, now do you want to get it for God and others.  If you do not have these characteristics, you do not have real love and it will not last. 

Offline Emily

• Professor
  • Darwins +50/-0
« Reply #39 on: March 21, 2009, 09:27:28 PM »
God is not silent.  He speaks to us in our Spirit and through others such as preachers, teachers, and individuals. 

Love is kind, gentle, not rude, not proud, patient, not self seeking, not easily angered, keeps no record of wrongs.  Love does not delight in evil, but rejoices with the truth.  Love always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.  Love never fails.  That what love is.  You have it from God, now do you want to get it for God and others.  If you do not have these characteristics, you do not have real love and it will not last. 

Awesome! I'm safe then because that's the same love I get from my fiance!! (also, he never wiped out two cities out of pure vengeance (Sodom and Gomorra), *temporarily ruined a mans life (Job)*, and ordered a father to kill someone, only to change his mind in at the last minute (Abraham))

I edit a lot of my posts. The reason being it to add content or to correct grammar/wording. All edits to remove wording get a strike through through the wording.

Offline Jeeves

• Undergraduate
  • Darwins +0/-0
« Reply #40 on: March 21, 2009, 09:29:14 PM »
Why indeed! Thought this was interesting. Would he have painted before he was paralyzed? I don't know if this man is a believer or not. Either way. The biggest point to me is this.  "God causes all things to work for the good of those that love him."  Sometimes it's not always better for someone to be healed, and as a result better things come from it.  Even more so, in most cases love is increased.  It doesn't matter if "God caused this, or that" or If man caused it, or if it was one of those coincidences you guys love to talk about. However I'm sure one of you will have something negative to say. None the less, enjoy some art.

http://jdunten.com/about
You can't fail forever.

Offline Truth

« Reply #41 on: March 21, 2009, 09:51:37 PM »
So all we have to go by in this Jesus belief is an old compilation of books decided upon by a committee? Could you give us just a tad more evidence that this Jesus character, as portrayed in the bible, ever existed?

He still exists today.  He is just in heaven praying for you right now.  One evidence that Jesus walked with man is the apostle Paul.  He wrote a lot of the New Testament and in it he stated he saw and walked with Jesus.  Paul started out as a non believer and then once converted become one of the most prolific and best promoters of God (if you will).  He did it all from a jail cell.  Jesus and God exists another evidence is that they wake you up every morning.  You don't have to wake up.  You could have been dead.  But by the grace of God you still have lift on this earth.  Just ask him to come into your heart and he will show you for yourself that he still lives.  I dare you to ask him.

Offline Emily

• Professor
  • Darwins +50/-0
« Reply #42 on: March 21, 2009, 09:53:28 PM »
One evidence that Jesus walked with man is the apostle Paul.  He wrote a lot of the New Testament and in it he stated he saw and walked with Jesus

So you've got tangible evidence for Jesus and Paul right? Show it, but follow this rule: Don't use the bible as a source.
You could have been dead.

What about when I was strung out on drugs. I could have been dead many times, but I never was.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2009, 09:56:11 PM by Emily »

Offline Truth

« Reply #43 on: March 21, 2009, 10:01:35 PM »
You didn't die when you were on drugs because God saved you.  He loves you and want you to prosper and be in health even as your soul prospers.

Im not sure what source you would like me to use.  The Bible is the word of God and I do not make thjis stuff up, I find it in the word of God.  The Bible is one way that God tells us things.  It is the only true source. 

Offline Jeeves

• Undergraduate
  • Darwins +0/-0
« Reply #44 on: March 21, 2009, 10:20:15 PM »
You didn't die when you were on drugs because God saved you.  He loves you and want you to prosper and be in health even as your soul prospers.

Im not sure what source you would like me to use.  The Bible is the word of God and I do not make thjis stuff up, I find it in the word of God.  The Bible is one way that God tells us things.  It is the only true source. 

AMEN!
You can't fail forever.

Offline Emily

• Professor
  • Darwins +50/-0
« Reply #45 on: March 21, 2009, 10:28:19 PM »
One: I escaped drugs through my own will, noone else's.
Two: I want a source that is unbiased. You might not have made this stuff up, but can you speak for the writers of the gospels, and other books? The answer is no since you don't know them. Years passed, and their word got spread. Have you ever played the game telephone? It's a good example of what happens when stories get spread from one person to another. The bible is biased. You're using a biased source for the existence of god.

Offline Truth

« Reply #46 on: March 21, 2009, 10:37:15 PM »
You missed the point.  The Bible is the only source in written form.  God is the true source.  There is only one Good.  Apart from him you can do nothing.  Whether you decide to give him the credit or not.  You do have a free will, but it is God that gives it to you.  It is God that is keeping you.  Jesus, the son of God is the other source.  God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit told men what tho write in the Bible and we are to use it as a guide for living and getting to know God better.  It is strange to ask for another source.  What other source would there be?

Offline Aaron123

• Fellow
  • Darwins +77/-1
« Reply #47 on: March 21, 2009, 10:44:34 PM »
You missed the point.  The Bible is the only source in written form.  God is the true source.  There is only one Good.  Apart from him you can do nothing.  Whether you decide to give him the credit or not.  You do have a free will, but it is God that gives it to you.  It is God that is keeping you.  Jesus, the son of God is the other source.  God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit told men what tho write in the Bible and we are to use it as a guide for living and getting to know God better.  It is strange to ask for another source.  What other source would there be?

I just want to ask a simple question; have you read the entire bible, cover-to-cover?

A simple yes or no will suffice.
Being a Christian, I've made my decision. That decision offers no compromise; therefore, I'm closed to anything else.

Offline Truth

« Reply #48 on: March 21, 2009, 11:01:03 PM »
yes

Offline Truth

« Reply #49 on: March 21, 2009, 11:04:11 PM »
Have you

Offline Fridge

« Reply #50 on: March 21, 2009, 11:10:39 PM »
If you use the Bible for evidence, then every single god exists. Allah, Thor, Ahura-Mazda, Zeus, etc...
"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. " - Martin Luther King Jr.

"He wants us to stop sinning- to stop hurting each other.  And one of the ways we do that is by coming to Jesus and eating His flesh and drinking His blood"
-theist

Offline Aaron123

• Fellow
  • Darwins +77/-1
« Reply #51 on: March 21, 2009, 11:16:53 PM »
yes

Ok.  Then I have some more questions.

Do you have a daughter?  If so, I might be interested in buying her as a slave.  However, I'm not familiar with bibical currency.  Do you know what the exchange rate would be?

I need to offer animal sacrifices to the lord to atone for my sins, but I'm squeamish about killing things.  Can't I just cook a couple hamburgers instead?

I know lots of people that worked on the sabbath day.  Do I really need to kill them myself, or can I just call the police? Likewise, do we really need to stone them to death?  Or can we just use lethal injection?

I got mildew in my place that won't go away, so I need to burn my place down.  But I live in an apartment, will my landlord be ok with this?  Do we need to burn down the entire apartment, or just my room?  Likewise, will the priest help me find another apartment?

I need to stay away from women going through menstruation, or I'll be unclean.  How can I ask a woman about this without offending them?  Or should we make it a law requiring them to wear a tag saying there're going through menstruation? Why isn't this a law already?
Being a Christian, I've made my decision. That decision offers no compromise; therefore, I'm closed to anything else.

Offline Truth

« Reply #52 on: March 21, 2009, 11:25:08 PM »
How long will you simple ones love your simple ways?   How long will mockers delight in mockery
and fools hate knowledge? Condemnation is ready for scoffers,    and beating for the backs of fools.
Read the bible for yourself, you will get the knowledge you need. 

Offline Fridge

« Reply #53 on: March 21, 2009, 11:29:51 PM »
Read it, good piece of fiction. How long before you provide us with some substantial evidence for your claims?
"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. " - Martin Luther King Jr.

"He wants us to stop sinning- to stop hurting each other.  And one of the ways we do that is by coming to Jesus and eating His flesh and drinking His blood"
-theist

Offline Aaron123

• Fellow
  • Darwins +77/-1
« Reply #54 on: March 21, 2009, 11:33:54 PM »
How long will you simple ones love your simple ways?   How long will mockers delight in mockery
and fools hate knowledge? Condemnation is ready for scoffers,    and beating for the backs of fools.
Read the bible for yourself, you will get the knowledge you need. 

Answer my questions.

Offline Truth

« Reply #55 on: March 21, 2009, 11:56:04 PM »
You questions make no sense.  They just reveal that you have read or heard some things about the Bible that you don't understand.  You need to read the bible daily and God will answer the questions for you.  As I said your questions don't even make sense.  Jesus gave his life to atone for our sins.  So all we have to do now is Love the Lord God with all our heart and with all our soul.  You sound like a slave to sin.  There is no more natural slavery.  But there is spiritual slavery.  Spiritual slavery is when you are in darkness about the truth.  You deny the true and living God.  God is truth.  God is light and the truth shall make you free.  I will pray for you though, because I know that God loves you.  I pray that you get knowledge, wisdom and understanding.  I do not debate the Bible especially with unbelievers.  I will however answer serious questions, not cynical scoffing.  God does not have to prove anything to us.  He is God and that's that.  We are his children. 

Offline Fridge

« Reply #56 on: March 22, 2009, 12:04:37 AM »
No comments are no different from adherents of other religions. Why should we believe your claims?

-theist

Offline Truth

« Reply #57 on: March 22, 2009, 12:19:34 AM »

I gave you comments.  One of the most important comments that I gave you is that Jesus died for our sins.  You don't have to believe me now.  But you will.  Because I prayed for you to accept Christ as your Lord and Savior and God answers prayers.  There will be a time in your life when the burdens you have to bear are so big that you know you cannot bear them by yourself and God will be there ready to carry the load for you and answer your cry.  Then you will believe me.  The word of God says that every knee will bow at the name of Jesus.  So I know you will bow. 

I would like to answer the question why should you believe? Well in this life we all know that it for a s brief time only.  Even 90 years is brief.  But we know if we want to live forever all we have to do is confess our sins, believe that Jesus was raised from the dead and is now seated at the right hand of the Father making intercession on our behalf and we shall be saved and have eternal life.  I want eternal life.  How about you?