Author Topic: The answer to the question why won't God Heal amputees?  (Read 18277 times)

Offline Truth

Re: The answer to the question why won't God Heal amputees?
« Reply #87 on: March 22, 2009, 03:45:12 PM »

People before Christ they were under the law and they had to obey God or they were condemned.  But we do not know what relationship a person had with God at the very end of their life.  Because God is the same yesterday, today, and forever.  He is a forgiving God.  So we do not know who he forgave or not.  So I believe those that believed and received God were saved.  Those that do not believe and are not saved were condemned.  The same as it is today after Jesus. When we sin, we are cut off from God, but he is readily and eagerly awaiting for us to repent and turn to him.  Just as God is waiting for you Emily because he cares for you. 
Passage 2 Corinthians 10:4:

(For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds;)

Online Aaron123

• Fellow
  • Darwins +77/-1
« Reply #88 on: March 22, 2009, 04:05:51 PM »
Truth; answer my questions.

Do you follow the ten commandments?

If yes; then should everyone else follow them?

If yes, then why does this still apply towards us, but not anything else in the OT?

Are you aware of the other set of ten commandments that god gave Moses, and that which Moses placed in the ark?  If so, could you direct me to the passage that contants them?  I'm just curious if you're aware of them.
Being a Christian, I've made my decision. That decision offers no compromise; therefore, I'm closed to anything else.

Offline Emily

• Professor
  • Darwins +50/-0
« Reply #89 on: March 22, 2009, 04:12:59 PM »
Perhaps I should've worded my question better.

What I am asking is this: The people in Mesoamerica, (Mayan, Aztec and others) had their own religious beliefs. They weren't sinning against god in the OT times, or even in the NT times, they just didn't know about Jesus because it happened on a different continent, were communication between the two was not practical, and in fact the Mesoamericans probably thought they were alone in the world. They followed their own religious scripture and worshiped their own religious god(s). It seems they were forgotten about by Jesus. Jesus only stayed around the Middle East, and the apostles only preached in the surrounding countries. The apostles probably didn't know what was happening across the Atlantic.

(BTW, I grew up in a religious family, so I know about god and his love and promises and everything else)
"Great moments are born from great opportunities." Herb Brooks

I edit a lot of my posts. The reason being it to add content or to correct grammar/wording. All edits to remove wording get a strike through through the wording.

Offline Truth

« Reply #90 on: March 22, 2009, 04:29:12 PM »
Really my answer does not change much.  We do not know how God revealed himself to these people.  But we know he did.  They did not have to know about Jesus.  They had to know about the true and living God.  Jesus came afterward or even didn't go into all the world as you said.  But that doesn't mean that God forgot about the people.  It is only after Jesus that we must know Jesus and that he died for our sins, was raised from the dead on the third day and is not seated at the right hand of the Father today making intercession on our behalf.  I do not know what happened to these people for sure, but can assume from the fact that God is the same yesterday, today, and forever, that if they lived by the law, they were saved.  If they did not live by the law they were not saved.  By saved in this instance I mean knowing God. 

(For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds;)

Offline Fridge

« Reply #91 on: March 22, 2009, 04:32:01 PM »
Really my answer does not change much.  We do not know how God revealed himself to these people.  But we know he did.  They did not have to know about Jesus.  They had to know about the true and living God.  Jesus came afterward or even didn't go into all the world as you said.  But that doesn't mean that God forgot about the people.  It is only after Jesus that we must know Jesus and that he died for our sins, was raised from the dead on the third day and is not seated at the right hand of the Father today making intercession on our behalf.  I do not know what happened to these people for sure, but can assume from the fact that God is the same yesterday, today, and forever, that if they lived by the law, they were saved.  If they did not live by the law they were not saved.  By saved in this instance I mean knowing God. 

That's a terrible answer. Are you claiming that every religion worships the same god?
"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. " - Martin Luther King Jr.

"He wants us to stop sinning- to stop hurting each other.  And one of the ways we do that is by coming to Jesus and eating His flesh and drinking His blood"
-theist

Offline Truth

« Reply #92 on: March 22, 2009, 04:36:22 PM »
No not every religion does not worship the same God.  But I am saying that there is only one Religion that matters and that is Christianity.  Christianity is the only where God can create life.  It's the only one that can raise someone from the dead and ascend them into heaven.  No one gets into heaven except by Jesus Christ.  Jesus is the way, the truth and the life. 

Offline Fridge

« Reply #93 on: March 22, 2009, 04:39:41 PM »
No not every religion does not worship the same God.  But I am saying that there is only one Religion that matters and that is Christianity.  Christianity is the only where God can create life.  It's the only one that can raise someone from the dead and ascend them into heaven.  No one gets into heaven except by Jesus Christ.  Jesus is the way, the truth and the life. 

Another terrible answer. Every religion makes the same claim you just made. Who is right, and why?
"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. " - Martin Luther King Jr.

"He wants us to stop sinning- to stop hurting each other.  And one of the ways we do that is by coming to Jesus and eating His flesh and drinking His blood"
-theist

Offline Emily

• Professor
  • Darwins +50/-0
« Reply #94 on: March 22, 2009, 04:41:58 PM »

But early christianity was localized in the Middle East, and then is spread. It took hundreds of years, but it evidently spread to modern day Russian, all over africa, to china, etc. That means hundreds of years went by and thousands of people died without knowing how to get into heaven. (and a couple centuries to reach the americas). That's not fair for those people who were living in the civilizations that didn't know God or Jesus. Either god willfully allowed those people to die, or they god into heaven, even though they didn't worship bible god,  because god felt bad for them because it was taking so long for the word of god to reach them.

Also, answer Aaron's question.

I edit a lot of my posts. The reason being it to add content or to correct grammar/wording. All edits to remove wording get a strike through through the wording.

Offline Truth

« Reply #95 on: March 22, 2009, 04:51:07 PM »
If you have a problem with early Christianity and how God handled it, you can take it up with him.  I know the bible, but I am not a biblical scholar.  That is why you should go to a bible believing bible teaching church.  God can answer those questions if you really them to be answered before you can serve him.  I am satisfied with the fact that Jesus died for me and was raised from the dead and is now seated at God's right hand making intercession on my behalf.  God's ways are not my ways.  God's thoughts are not my thoughts. 

I think I have answered all the questions posed to me.  Which one are you referring to?

I get the impression that you are a believer, but you are just upset with God because you don't understand his ways.  The main thing to remember is that he loves you and he will answer any question that you have.  So I pray that he will reveal to you an answer that satisfies your Spirit.  God is your portion. 

Offline Emily

• Professor
  • Darwins +50/-0
« Reply #96 on: March 22, 2009, 05:01:48 PM »

If yes, then why does this still apply towards us, but not anything else in the OT?

Are you aware of the other set of ten commandments that god gave Moses, and that which Moses placed in the ark?  If so, could you direct me to the passage that contants them?  I'm just curious if you're aware of them.

Here is Aaron's question. If you did answer this question, post a link to where, or kindly re-answer it.
I get the impression that you are a believer, but you are just upset with God because you don't understand his ways
I was once a believer but I am not anymore. I study science and I use what I've learned when making judgments about whether or not god is real.

I think Dr. Tyson said it best.(I adore this man, and he's a personal hero of mine.  :-*)
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EJNus-kR9aM[/youtube]

He is saying that there might be a god, however the gods that there have been (Allah, bible god, the gods of the Romans and Greeks, amongst other gods) are not the true god(s) that created everything.

Offline Truth

« Reply #97 on: March 22, 2009, 05:13:48 PM »
Excuse me--but he's a fool.

Offline Fridge

« Reply #98 on: March 22, 2009, 05:22:54 PM »

And your rebuttal is just shining with wisdom.  &)

-theist

Offline Truth

« Reply #99 on: March 22, 2009, 05:30:08 PM »
Ha Ha.  Well I guess I should have said that no man is greater than God, and I do not listen to "so called experts" that think they know about God, but cannot use the bible as a basis for their argument.  God created science through men.  Without him, there would be no science.  He is the creator of all.  With me everything begins and ends with the word of God.  Science is necessary, but it should not discount the existence of God.  What do you plan to do at the end of your life?  Do you plan to just end it there or would you like to live forever.  Me, I want to live forever.

Offline dmnemaine

• Reader
  • Darwins +0/-0
« Reply #100 on: March 22, 2009, 05:31:34 PM »
Ha Ha.  Well I guess I should have said that no man is greater than God, and I do not listen to "so called experts" that think they know about God, but cannot use the bible as a basis for their argument.  God created science through men.  Without him, there would be no science.  He is the creator of all.  With me everything begins and ends with the word of God.  Science is necessary, but it should not discount the existence of God.  What do you plan to do at the end of your life?  Do you plan to just end it there or would you like to live forever.  Me, I want to live forever.

Who wouldn't want to live forever?  Unfortunately, wishful thinking doesn't make it so.

Offline Fridge

« Reply #101 on: March 22, 2009, 05:35:04 PM »

Yeah and I want a million bucks too, not to mention built in laser cannons and superhuman abilities. Maybe I'll ask Santa, he has a better track record of answering prayers.

Take off your Bible goggles and welcome to reality.

-theist

Offline Truth

« Reply #102 on: March 22, 2009, 05:41:07 PM »
You do not need God to get a million bucks, and the other things you specified.  What you need God for is to have peace, love, joy, gentleness, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, and self control.  God is definitely not Santa Claus.  He's better than Santa Claus.  He can give you eternal life.  Are you interested?  You did not answer my question of what do you plan to do at the end of your life?

Offline Emily

• Professor
  • Darwins +50/-0
« Reply #103 on: March 22, 2009, 05:43:17 PM »

:'(

Offline Truth

« Reply #104 on: March 22, 2009, 05:44:45 PM »
Ha Ha Emily.

Emily I have the same question for you.  Can you answer the question that what do you plan for yourself at the end of your life on this world?  Is it just over or do you want eternal life?

Online Aaron123

• Fellow
  • Darwins +77/-1
« Reply #105 on: March 22, 2009, 05:47:24 PM »
Truth, answer my questions.  If the answer is no, just say so.  If the answer is yes, then explain.

Being a Christian, I've made my decision. That decision offers no compromise; therefore, I'm closed to anything else.

Offline Emily

• Professor
  • Darwins +50/-0
« Reply #106 on: March 22, 2009, 05:49:56 PM »
What you need God for is to have peace, love, joy, gentleness, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, and self control.

But I have these things without god. I have a loving fiance, loving friends, a caring family. You don't need god to feel good about yourself.

Let me ask you something, how old is the earth? I know the answer, but I want you to tell me what you think.

Can you answer the question that what do you plan for yourself at the end of your life on this world?  Is it just over or do you want eternal life?
Well I want to be cremated and shot off into space (seriously).
Life is just over. It's that simple. I don't believe in eternity, I don't believe in ghosts and I sure as hell don't believe in heaven.

Offline Truth

« Reply #107 on: March 22, 2009, 05:51:33 PM »
ok

Offline Ambassador Pony

• You keep what you kill.
  • Administrator
  • Darwins +71/-4
  • illuminatus
« Reply #108 on: March 22, 2009, 06:03:42 PM »
In the absence of a response, I think uneducated is certainly in the right ballpark. Added to that a significant degree of ignorance, and arrogance. External locus of control, certainly.

You believe evolution and there is no evidence for that. Where is the fossil record of a half man half ape. I've only ever heard about it in reading.

Offline Truth

« Reply #109 on: March 22, 2009, 06:12:31 PM »
What are you talking about?  You mean I should respond when someone declares they do not believe in heaven?  Well I think God will respond accordingly.

Offline Astreja

• Fellow
  • Darwins +266/-3
  • Agnostic goddess with Clue-by-Four™
    • The Springy Goddess
« Reply #110 on: March 22, 2009, 06:34:29 PM »
Yeah he desires that you not perish in hell, but he requires that you believe that Jesus is his Son and that he was raised from the dead and is not seated at his right hand making intercession on your behalf.

I do not believe.   Period.  If Jesus ever existed as a human being, I do believe that his mortal remains lie in a mass grave outside Jerusalem.  The reason for this is quite simple:  To the best of my knowledge, the Romans were not in the habit of handing over the bodies of convicted criminals for private burial.

Furthermore, I do not think that he, or anyone else, ever came back to life.

And I reject the concept of someone dying for me for any reason whatsoever.  Given the choice between accepting substitutionary atonement in lieu of paying my own debts, and going to Hell... Bring on the flames.  I choose of my own free will to go there, in solidarity with all other sentient beings so condemned.  For me, Heaven is permanently off the menu on moral grounds.

Edited to add:  All the above is a moot point.  I do not actually believe in either Heaven or Hell, nor do I believe in the god of the Bible. 
« Last Edit: March 22, 2009, 06:37:44 PM by Astreja »
Reality Checkroom — Not Responsible for Lost Articles

Offline Ambassador Pony

• Administrator
  • Darwins +71/-4
  • illuminatus
« Reply #111 on: March 22, 2009, 06:37:56 PM »
What are you talking about?  You mean I should respond when someone declares they do not believe in heaven?  Well I think God will respond accordingly.

In the absence of a response to my question.

Pay attention.
You believe evolution and there is no evidence for that. Where is the fossil record of a half man half ape. I've only ever heard about it in reading.

Offline Truth

« Reply #112 on: March 22, 2009, 06:40:53 PM »
I'm sorry but I don't know what your question is? Can you tell me again?

Offline Emily

• Professor
  • Darwins +50/-0
« Reply #113 on: March 22, 2009, 06:48:08 PM »
I think Pony is revering to this question,
Turth, do you know anthing about history at all? Maybe you took a night course one time?

I'd like to know the answer also. While I can't speak for Pony, he might be referring to ancient history, not who discovered america, or when the battle at Gettysburg was.

Offline Airyaman

• Fellow
  • Darwins +17/-2
  • Alignment: True Neutral
    • Moving Beyond Faith
« Reply #114 on: March 22, 2009, 06:48:26 PM »

He hasn't responded in at least 1900 years. What makes you think he will respond now?
If you are following God why can I still see you?

Offline Ambassador Pony

• Administrator
  • Darwins +71/-4
  • illuminatus
« Reply #115 on: March 22, 2009, 06:53:25 PM »
I think Pony is revering to this question,
Turth, do you know anthing about history at all? Maybe you took a night course one time?

I'd like to know the answer also. While I can't speak for Pony, he might be referring to ancient history, not who discovered america, or when the battle at Gettysburg was.

Yes, Emily, thank you.

Truth speaks as if he operates completely ignorant of reality.