Author Topic: The answer to the question why won't God Heal amputees?  (Read 16731 times)

Offline Agamemnon

• Fellow
  • Darwins +15/-0
Re: The answer to the question why won't God Heal amputees?
« Reply #319 on: March 30, 2009, 03:29:41 PM »
You didn't cite wikipedia.  You said "the dictionary" of which there are quite a few.  You also didn't enclose the quotation properly.  Therefore it wouldn't be a lie to say that you were plagiarizing.
So far as I can remember, there is not one word in the Gospels in praise of intelligence.  --Bertrand Russell

Offline Truth

« Reply #320 on: March 30, 2009, 03:31:27 PM »
Dictionary/encyclopedia.  I didn't say it was mine.  But like I said do what you want.  I don't care.  You cannot beat God. 
Passage 2 Corinthians 10:4:

(For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds;)

Offline Omen

• Professor
  • Darwins +105/-15
  • One of the fucking bad guys; not friendly, tiger!
« Reply #321 on: March 30, 2009, 03:34:22 PM »
Should Truth's quote be reported as plagerism?

Do what you want.  I cited the source as the wikipedia.  Telling lies about me only shows how desperate you are to get me off here, because you can't stand up to the truth.

You've never spoken anything that you can identify as 'truth'.  We have asked you repeatedly to do so, but you always avoid doing so.  I must also point out that you have demonstrated a willful dishonesty many times over in other threads by purposefully jumping around or dodging questions which undermine your claims.  You always seem to exhibit enough understanding to avoid those posts that do the most damage, such as my list of countless biblical errors or the fact that I've pointed out dozens of times now that no biblical scholars actually arrive to the claims you make about the bible.   Just like you avoid the post that points out that your claims are so error riddled, that if there was a god you'd never be able to determine it true or not based on your use of logic.  Not to mention the posts from countless individuals, not just myself, pointing out that you answer questions about your claims by repeating your claims.

You have in every way and function demonstrated a concerted effort to be less then honest and sincere.  You offer no explanation and simply move on as if you've never done it.  You give us every reason in order to not believe your own claims, you're essentially alienating the very people you're trying to convince.
"Religious faith is the antithesis to knowledge, it is the opposition to education, and it has to act in animosity against the free exchange of ideas.  Why? Because those things are what cause harm to a religions place in society most." - Me

Offline Omen

• Professor
  • Darwins +105/-15
« Reply #322 on: March 30, 2009, 03:37:46 PM »
Dictionary/encyclopedia.  I didn't say it was mine.  But like I said do what you want.  I don't care.  You cannot beat God. 

Don't have too, don't know what god is or even if one exists.

All we have to do is point out that your every claim is an ignorant laced diatribe of imaginary emotional dependencies after another.  All we have to do is show that your every statement is an attack on the very function of learning, education, and knowledge.  All we have to do is equip the audience who reads these posts with the information required to understand how you are wrong.  You are helping us build an argument against belief that uses you as an example of the type of ignorance that faith creates.  There could just as easily be a god, but the manner in which you claim belief will forever and always make it impossible for you to even know if there is one.
"Religious faith is the antithesis to knowledge, it is the opposition to education, and it has to act in animosity against the free exchange of ideas.  Why? Because those things are what cause harm to a religions place in society most." - Me

Offline Ambassador Pony

• You keep what you kill.
  • Administrator
  • Darwins +71/-4
  • illuminatus
« Reply #323 on: March 30, 2009, 04:06:29 PM »
How arrogant does someone have to be to completely dismiss something as "mumbo jumbo", that they have hardly any understading of?

The immorality of it is enough to make one sick to their stomach.
You believe evolution and there is no evidence for that. Where is the fossil record of a half man half ape. I've only ever heard about it in reading.

Offline Truth

« Reply #324 on: March 30, 2009, 04:13:33 PM »

All we have to do is point out that your every claim is an ignorant laced diatribe of imaginary emotional dependencies after another.  All we have to do is show that your every statement is an attack on the very function of learning, education, and knowledge.  All we have to do is equip the audience who reads these posts with the information required to understand how you are wrong.  You are helping us build an argument against belief that uses you as an example of the type of ignorance that faith creates.  There could just as easily be a god, but the manner in which you claim belief will forever and always make it impossible for you to even know if there is one.

You keep doing what you are doing and I will keep doing what I am doing and we will see in the end who wins.

(For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds;)

Offline Truth

« Reply #325 on: March 30, 2009, 04:21:35 PM »

Here's proof

Passage Jeremiah 10:10:

But the LORD is the true God, he is the living God, and an everlasting king: at his wrath the earth shall tremble, and the nations shall not be able to abide his indignation.

Passage John 17:3:
3 And this is the way to have eternal life—to know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, the one you sent to earth.

Offline Ambassador Pony

• You keep what you kill.
  • Administrator
  • Darwins +71/-4
  • illuminatus
« Reply #326 on: March 30, 2009, 04:23:54 PM »

You keep doing what you are doing and I will keep doing what I am doing and we will see in the end who wins.

Another sickening remark. You call having a fellow human being totured for eternity 'winning'? 
You believe evolution and there is no evidence for that. Where is the fossil record of a half man half ape. I've only ever heard about it in reading.

Offline Omen

• Professor
  • Darwins +105/-15
« Reply #327 on: March 30, 2009, 04:40:53 PM »
Here's proof

Definitions of proof on the Web:

* any factual evidence that helps to establish the truth of something; "if you have any proof for what you say, now is the time to produce it"

You do not use the actual definition of 'proof'.  Text on paper does not equate to facts, nor does it help you establish the truth of something.  You also willfully avoid questions that ask you how your citation is 'proof' of anything, that doesn't have you immediately repeating your same claim we just asked a question about.

Biblical nonsense

The bible is not proof of anything without logical explanation.  Citing it does not equate to evidence, explanatory information, proof, or 'reasoning'.  It does not make an argument in itself.  Since you refuse to explain anything even when we ask, then you are being dishonest.  Remember, the only thing we need to cite you as being a liar is the willful attempt to deceive.  Its only sad that you claim a moral authority that would condemn you for your lie, not to mention that you think a lie is convincing.

Offline Omen

• Professor
  • Darwins +105/-15
« Reply #328 on: March 30, 2009, 04:41:56 PM »

Win what?  I wasn't aware we were in a competition?

Offline subtleinspiration

• Fellow
  • Darwins +0/-0
« Reply #329 on: March 30, 2009, 04:44:36 PM »

Win what?  I wasn't aware we were in a competition?

He means he'll be up in Heaven having angels feed him grapes for all eternity while you're suffering eternal torment and yelling out "Truth told me all I needed to know! Why didn't I listen!"

Sounds like the fantasy of a corrupt mind to me.
"As a God fearing Christian,  you should never ever date an Atheist. One night alone with an atheist is enough for you to lose your faith and to be converted into one of the spiritually dead."

Offline Omen

• Professor
  • Darwins +105/-15
« Reply #330 on: March 30, 2009, 04:47:26 PM »
He means he'll be up in Heaven having angels feed him grapes for all eternity while you're suffering eternal torment and yelling out "Truth told me all I needed to know! Why didn't I listen!"

Sounds like the fantasy of a corrupt mind to me.

Sounds like someone consumed with pride and ego.  Which I think has just as much to do with fundamentalism as a lack of education or a lower IQ does.

Offline Truth

« Reply #331 on: March 30, 2009, 04:49:20 PM »
Here's proof

I gave you proof from the bible, which was written by smart mean and women.  I also gave you instances of how I had personally experienced God.  It's your choice not to believe it.  I guess when you were in school and the teacher introduced new material, you chose not to believe him.  In order for learning to take place, you have to make a decision to believe the information.  I am not going to force it.  The fact that you say you don't believe it does not make it false.

Offline Omen

• Professor
  • Darwins +105/-15
« Reply #332 on: March 30, 2009, 04:59:23 PM »
I gave you proof from the bible, which was written by smart mean and women.

Which doesn't comprise proof because it has no explanatory power, no facts, and does not help one to establish what is true.  Even when asked, you cannot even deliver the terms that would make it 'proof'.

I also gave you instances of how I had personally experienced God.

And everyone promptly explained how you could never actually determine that you had experienced god through these descriptions.  You simply use the same circular fallacy you use for belief to subscribe it to your experience.  You don't even bother to respond to explain how you know it to be true.

It's your choice not to believe it.

No belief for anyone is ever a matter of 'choice'.  I can no more walk outside and have a pet dragon fly me to work then I can to suddenly have a pocket full of gold.  I have never been able to 'choose' to believe in anything and it won't start now.  The only thing I can do is wait for sufficient reason and evidence to believe.

But you don't provide sufficient reason or evidence to believe, you don't even respect people or are honest/sincere enough to provide sufficient reason and evidence.  You simply cite things that are not evidence without explanation and use idiotic personal experiences that even if they were true would only be evidence for you ( and no one else ).

I guess when you were in school and the teacher introduced new material, you chose not to believe him.

Learning is a methodological process of explanation, observation, and understanding.

You provide nothing to be explained.  You provide nothing to be observed.  You provide nothing that could be understood.  Even when we ask you, you provide nothing.

In order for learning to take place, you have to make a decision to believe the information.

False.  Learning only need take place after the explanation has matched the observation and become understanding.  You don't explain, there is nothing to observe, and you offer no help in understanding.

I am not going to force it.  The fact that you say you don't believe it does not make it false.

Never said that, again do not say I say things I've never said.  That is dishonest.

The opposite is also true,"The fact that you say you believe it does not make it true."  Since all you do is say you believe it, then you do not actually know it to be true.  Just like using circular reasoning makes it impossible to determine what is true.

I would go a step further and actually say that your claimed god doesn't exist.  It is imaginary because you use pre-conceived notions of attributes to assign to an imagined character.  You use nothing more then your own personal authority and intuition to make up belief out of thin air with no explanation whatsoever.  That makes your god a self projetion of you, ie it makes god imaginary.

Offline Agamemnon

• Fellow
  • Darwins +15/-0
« Reply #333 on: March 30, 2009, 11:32:23 PM »

Another sickening remark. You call having a fellow human being totured for eternity 'winning'? 

Apparently the truth about Truth is that he's as sadistic and evil as his God.
So far as I can remember, there is not one word in the Gospels in praise of intelligence.  --Bertrand Russell

Offline Truth

« Reply #334 on: March 31, 2009, 06:39:03 AM »
Jesus wins in the end.

Offline Airyaman

• Fellow
  • Darwins +17/-2
  • Alignment: True Neutral
    • Moving Beyond Faith
« Reply #335 on: March 31, 2009, 06:42:23 AM »
I gave you proof from the bible, which was written by smart mean and women.

Believe it or not, many smart men and women write articles for the National Enquirer, Sun, and Weekly World News. This means that everything that you find in the pages of these mags must be true!
If you are following God why can I still see you?

Offline Truth

« Reply #336 on: March 31, 2009, 07:35:44 AM »
The difference in the writing of smart people writing for secular magazines and newspapers are that their words are not for the most part God inspired (or at least they don't claim it).  I am sure some of them are Christians and God gives them wisdom to write on various topics.  The scriptures were all inspired by God. So this is why everything that secular people write is not necessarily true.

Offline Airyaman

• Fellow
  • Darwins +17/-2
    • Moving Beyond Faith
« Reply #337 on: March 31, 2009, 07:41:07 AM »
The difference in the writing of smart people writing for secular magazines and newspapers are that their words are not for the most part God inspired (or at least they don't claim it).  I am sure some of them are Christians and God gives them wisdom to write on various topics.  The scriptures were all inspired by God. So this is why everything that secular people write is not necessarily true.

These words mean all the difference.

Offline Dkit

• Reader
  • Darwins +3/-0
  • Nemesis Ridiculii
« Reply #338 on: March 31, 2009, 07:45:56 AM »
I am having a hard time understanding how you aren't grasping what is being posted in your threads.  You no more KNOW the bible is inspired by God as the muslims KNOW the qu'ran is inspired by God. 

You cannot not objectively demonstrate for us or yourself how you've come to the conclusion that there is a god and that God is the particular one you worship.  You are a product of your place of birth and upbringing. 

"The Bible is a Banquet table not a snack tray!" - Anonymous Facebook User

Offline Airyaman

• Fellow
  • Darwins +17/-2
    • Moving Beyond Faith
« Reply #339 on: March 31, 2009, 07:47:36 AM »
I am having a hard time understanding how you aren't grasping what is being posted in your threads. 

Because he's either a troll or too far gone.

Offline Dkit

• Reader
  • Darwins +3/-0
  • Nemesis Ridiculii
« Reply #340 on: March 31, 2009, 08:47:20 AM »
I am having a hard time understanding how you aren't grasping what is being posted in your threads. 

Because he's either a troll or too far gone.
I think too far gone.  It's sad.
"The Bible is a Banquet table not a snack tray!" - Anonymous Facebook User

Offline subtleinspiration

• Fellow
  • Darwins +0/-0
« Reply #341 on: March 31, 2009, 09:29:39 AM »
I think too far gone.  It's sad.

And remember, he plans to be here until "God" tells him to leave.
"As a God fearing Christian,  you should never ever date an Atheist. One night alone with an atheist is enough for you to lose your faith and to be converted into one of the spiritually dead."

Offline Operator_014

• Undergraduate
  • Darwins +0/-0
« Reply #342 on: March 31, 2009, 01:00:17 PM »

Truth, unless you are intending to respond to the discussion rather than just preachign and making threats, you are trolling.  Consider this your first warning. 
Former Moderator Account

Offline Truth

« Reply #343 on: March 31, 2009, 01:21:40 PM »

I agree with you.  These writers claim.  God's word is true.  

Passage Psalm 119:160:

Thy word is true from the beginning: and every one of thy righteous judgments endureth for ever.

Offline Truth

« Reply #344 on: March 31, 2009, 01:29:17 PM »
Dictionary/encyclopedia.  I didn't say it was mine.  But like I said do what you want.  I don't care.  You c

Truth, unless you are intending to respond to the discussion rather than just preachign and making threats, you are trolling.  Consider this your first warning. 

As far as I know I have not been preaching.  Can you tell me what you define as preaching?

Offline Astreja

• Fellow
  • Darwins +256/-3
  • Agnostic goddess with Clue-by-Four™
    • The Springy Goddess
« Reply #345 on: March 31, 2009, 07:19:34 PM »
These writers claim... "Thy word is true from the beginning: and every one of thy righteous judgments endureth for ever."

But why do you believe that verse?  I doubt that you were present at "the beginning"; I also doubt that you are privy to "every one of (Biblegod's) righteous judgments", and even if you were, you aren't in a position to know how long they might endure.

Please give, in your own words, a definition of the logical fallacy petitio principii.
Reality Checkroom — Not Responsible for Lost Articles

Offline Airyaman

• Fellow
  • Darwins +17/-2
    • Moving Beyond Faith
« Reply #346 on: March 31, 2009, 07:56:17 PM »

I agree with you.  These writers claim.  God's word is true.  

Passage Psalm 119:160:

Thy word is true from the beginning: and every one of thy righteous judgments endureth for ever.

Please show me in the bible where bible=word of god.

Offline Hermes

• Professor
  • Darwins +2/-0
  • 1600 years of oppression ends; Zeus is worshiped.
« Reply #347 on: March 31, 2009, 08:16:04 PM »
As far as I know I have not been preaching.  Can you tell me what you define as preaching?

... and a comedian too!
Smart people believe weird things because they are skilled at defending beliefs they arrived at for non-smart reasons. --Michael Shermer

The history of religion is a long attempt to reconcile old custom with new reason, to find a sound theory for an absurd practice.  --Sir James George Frazer