Author Topic: The answer to the question why won't God Heal amputees?  (Read 16991 times)

Offline Truth

Re: The answer to the question why won't God Heal amputees?
« Reply #174 on: March 25, 2009, 10:11:22 AM »
I am not a spokesperson from God.  This is a forum, I can voice my thoughts.  I am glad you want to hear from God.  Call upon him and he will answer.  He can answer all your questions. 
Passage 2 Corinthians 10:4:

(For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds;)

Offline Truth

« Reply #175 on: March 25, 2009, 10:19:11 AM »
The man without the Spirit does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him, and he cannot understand them, because they are spiritually discerned.
1 Corinthians 2:14 (NIV)

(For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds;)

Offline Hermes

• Professor
  • Darwins +2/-0
  • 1600 years of oppression ends; Zeus is worshiped.
« Reply #176 on: March 25, 2009, 10:27:33 AM »
Truth, what would you have told this person;

Lord, my God, who am I that You should forsake me? The Child of your Love — and now become as the most hated one — the one — You have thrown away as unwanted — unloved. I call, I cling, I want — and there is no One to answer — no One on Whom I can cling — no, No One. — Alone ... Where is my Faith — even deep down right in there is nothing, but emptiness & darkness — My God — how painful is this unknown pain — I have no Faith — I dare not utter the words & thoughts that crowd in my heart — & make me suffer untold agony.
Smart people believe weird things because they are skilled at defending beliefs they arrived at for non-smart reasons. --Michael Shermer

The history of religion is a long attempt to reconcile old custom with new reason, to find a sound theory for an absurd practice.  --Sir James George Frazer

Offline Truth

« Reply #177 on: March 25, 2009, 10:35:43 AM »
I would tell this person that God never leaves you or for sake you.  He loves you.  I would pray that he increase his faith.  Because without faith it is impossible to please God.   I would also say that in his weakness God is made strong. 

Offline Hermes

• Professor
  • Darwins +2/-0
« Reply #178 on: March 25, 2009, 10:43:17 AM »
What would you say to this person;

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rEsPimB5Jq8[/youtube]
Smart people believe weird things because they are skilled at defending beliefs they arrived at for non-smart reasons. --Michael Shermer

The history of religion is a long attempt to reconcile old custom with new reason, to find a sound theory for an absurd practice.  --Sir James George Frazer

Offline Truth

« Reply #179 on: March 25, 2009, 10:58:59 AM »
I would say to this person that God is real.  He obviously has been wounded and is angry with God.  God wants to heal that wounded.  On he statements about disbelief I say The man without the Spirit does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him, and he cannot understand them, because they are spiritually discerned. I will pray for him.  He obviously didn't read my post as to the question of this website.  It is shown that God does heal.  Does he grow limbs back? No and I explained why and what that meant as it relates to the spiritual world.  Read it at the top. 

Offline Truth

« Reply #180 on: March 25, 2009, 11:00:17 AM »
See my response above. May God bless and keep you.

Offline dmnemaine

• Reader
  • Darwins +0/-0
« Reply #181 on: March 25, 2009, 11:11:41 AM »
I would say to this person that God is real.  He obviously has been wounded and is angry with God.  God wants to heal that wounded.  On he statements about disbelief I say The man without the Spirit does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him, and he cannot understand them, because they are spiritually discerned. I will pray for him.  He obviously didn't read my post as to the question of this website.  It is shown that God does heal.  Does he grow limbs back? No and I explained why and what that meant as it relates to the spiritual world.  Read it at the top. 

That man was very calm and reasonable.  There was no anger or woundedness suggested at all.   And if you had listened, he was a christian for 40 years.  40 years!  I would say that understanding is hardly the problem.  The problem is your unwillingness to see anything without your "God" glasses on.  You are blinded to reality, and you don't even care.  Like the video says, there's no point in arguing with you.

Offline Truth

« Reply #182 on: March 25, 2009, 11:20:43 AM »
All right then, let's not argue.  I will always proclaim that Jesus, God is real.  The man without the Spirit does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him, and he cannot understand them, because they are spiritually discerned.

Offline Agamemnon

• Fellow
  • Darwins +15/-0
« Reply #183 on: March 25, 2009, 11:24:37 AM »
All right then, let's not argue.  I will always proclaim that Jesus, God is real.  The man without the Spirit does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him, and he cannot understand them, because they are spiritually discerned.

So you are just here to proselytize?  If so, I see no point in your continuing to post in this forum.
So far as I can remember, there is not one word in the Gospels in praise of intelligence.  --Bertrand Russell

Offline Aaron123

• Fellow
  • Darwins +77/-1
« Reply #184 on: March 25, 2009, 11:26:23 AM »
I am not a spokesperson from God.  This is a forum, I can voice my thoughts.  I am glad you want to hear from God.  Call upon him and he will answer.  He can answer all your questions. 

Really?  What's his number?  Does it start with 1-800?

More to the point; if he'll answers all of my questions, will he tell me the cure to cancer?

Unless he tells me something testable like the cure for cancer, there is no way for me to know whenever it's god, or just a voice in my head.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2009, 11:34:45 AM by Aaron123 »
Being a Christian, I've made my decision. That decision offers no compromise; therefore, I'm closed to anything else.

Offline Truth

« Reply #185 on: March 25, 2009, 11:40:51 AM »
A good first step in hearing from God is to read the Bible.  It is the word of God and tells you what God wants you to know.  Yes it was written by men, but it was inspired by the Holy Spirit.  In other words God told them what to say.  He will give you the cure for cancer if that's what you want.  So get busy and start reading so you can hear from God.  I challenge you. 

Offline Hermes

• Professor
  • Darwins +2/-0
« Reply #186 on: March 25, 2009, 11:47:37 AM »

Yet, in both cases, the two people put themselves at the top of the Christian believing food chain ... and ended up with no faith -- while you are staggeringly confident.  Why you and not them?

Offline Truth

« Reply #187 on: March 25, 2009, 11:53:14 AM »
I can't speak to what may have happened in their lives.  But just because they say God is not real to them anymore does not mean that it is so.  God does not change, he is the same yesterday, today, and forever.  I have decided that I will always follow Jesus, I know there is no other way.  Prayerfully those people will come back to God.  He loves them no matter what and he loves you to.  All you have to do is accept him into your heart and your life will never be the same.  Does that mean you won't have problems?  No, it means that God will be there with and he will deliver you. 

Offline Aaron123

• Fellow
  • Darwins +77/-1
« Reply #188 on: March 25, 2009, 11:55:48 AM »
A good first step in hearing from God is to read the Bible.  It is the word of God and tells you what God wants you to know.  Yes it was written by men, but it was inspired by the Holy Spirit.  In other words God told them what to say.  He will give you the cure for cancer if that's what you want.  So get busy and start reading so you can hear from God.  I challenge you. 

First of all, you said "call to god", not "read a book".  "Call to god" makes it sounds like I'd hear his voice and have a talk with him.

Second, I already am reading the bible.  I've finished the first 13 books, and I see nothing that indicate that this is a "divinley inspired" book.  The bible showcase a very enthnocentric and bloodthirsty god that demands animal sacrifices, and gets upset if his "chosen people" do not completely massacre a town.  This god is even a baby killer.  The only way the bible makes sense is if you look at it as a book written by semi-literate goat hearders living 2,000+ years ago in the middle east.

Third, I find it amusing that, apparently, you're saying that god transcribed the cure for cancer in the bible, and I have yet to read that passage.  If this is true:

1) Why didn't you point out the passage to me?  You would've had have an easy chance to put me in my place.

2) Why didn't anyone, in 2,000 years, notice this and cured cancer ages ago?

3) Have you submitted this information to the scientific community?

4)  Why aren't chirstians using this information to prove that the bible is god's word?
Being a Christian, I've made my decision. That decision offers no compromise; therefore, I'm closed to anything else.

Offline Hermes

• Professor
  • Darwins +2/-0
« Reply #189 on: March 25, 2009, 12:31:51 PM »
I can't speak to what may have happened in their lives.  But just because they say God is not real to them anymore does not mean that it is so.  God does not change, he is the same yesterday, today, and forever.  I have decided that I will always follow Jesus, I know there is no other way.  Prayerfully those people will come back to God.  He loves them no matter what and he loves you to.  All you have to do is accept him into your heart and your life will never be the same.  Does that mean you won't have problems?  No, it means that God will be there with and he will deliver you.

Well, now that you are talking with me ... how about a reply?

Leviticus 15: 19-33 Those were customs and ceremonies in Old Testament times before the coming of Jesus. Separating the woman was symbolic of how God is separated from us when we sin.  But today we do not follow those customs because Jesus came and we were atoned for our sins, however we are still separated from God when we sin.  All have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God.  All we have to do is repent (turn away) from our sin and ask God’s forgiveness and because of the blood of Jesus he will forgive us.

Three questions (with the above in mind as well as your other comments);

1. Why did God change?

2. Why were those previous practices valid?

3. Why not just discard the OT as an irrelevant curiosity?

Someone  asked the question why my God and not some other God like allah or  whatever?  I can't find the post, but the answer is that there has never been another God that can raise the dead, perform the miracles that Jesus performed and is still performing, creates life.  There is only one all knowing, all powerful, ever present God and he heals amputees.  Read the first post if you need to.  Don't argue with me, the battle is not mine, but it's the Lord.  He is the one that can make blind eyes see.

Yet, you are here.  Not your deity.  You are making those claims to us.  So, the argument -- if any -- does indeed fall to you.

As for the specific claims;

"there has never been another God that;

1. "can raise the dead"

2. "perform the miracles that Jesus performed"

3. "and is still performing"

4. "creates life".

Do you want to actually stand by those claims, or do you want to reconsider?

Offline Truth

« Reply #190 on: March 25, 2009, 01:08:35 PM »

First of all, you said "call to god", not "read a book".  "Call to god" makes it sounds like I'd hear his voice and have a talk with him.

Second, I already am reading the bible.  I've finished the first 13 books, and I see nothing that indicate that this is a "divinley inspired" book.  The bible showcase a very enthnocentric and bloodthirsty god that demands animal sacrifices, and gets upset if his "chosen people" do not completely massacre a town.  This god is even a baby killer.  The only way the bible makes sense is if you look at it as a book written by semi-literate goat hearders living 2,000+ years ago in the middle east.

Third, I find it amusing that, apparently, you're saying that god transcribed the cure for cancer in the bible, and I have yet to read that passage.  If this is true:

1) Why didn't you point out the passage to me?  You would've had have an easy chance to put me in my place.

2) Why didn't anyone, in 2,000 years, notice this and cured cancer ages ago?

3) Have you submitted this information to the scientific community?

4)  Why aren't chirstians using this information to prove that the bible is god's word?

I did not say the cure for cancer was in the Bible.  I said read the Bible to hear from God and then if you pray to him earnestly, he will give you an answer to cure cancer.  In fact, God heals from cancer every day.  I recognize that some people die with cancer daily as well. God never promised that we all will live forever in this world.  He tells us how to get eternal life.  That is the most important thing whether or not the people who died had received the gift of eternal life.  God heals. Doctors treat.  Keep reading the bible, God will reveal himself to you. 

Offline Emily

• Professor
  • Darwins +49/-0
« Reply #191 on: March 25, 2009, 01:13:40 PM »
In fact, God heals from cancer every day.  I recognize that some people die with cancer daily as well.

I've always been under the assumption that those who are healed from cancer have a form of cancer that hasn't progressed very far. If you read the bible and pray to be healed from cancer that has taken over your body, there is a slim to nil chance you are going to get healed. The thing is christians say god is going to heal them, but they refuse to just find it a coincidence that they have been healed.
"Great moments are born from great opportunities." Herb Brooks

I edit a lot of my posts. The reason being it to add content or to correct grammar/wording. All edits to remove wording get a strike through through the wording.

Offline Truth

« Reply #192 on: March 25, 2009, 01:23:39 PM »
You assumption is incorrect.  God has healed people where the doctors said the situation is impossible because what is impossible with man is possible with God.  Personally I have been healed from a stroke that was about to happen, from TB that was trying to attack my body as well.

Offline Agamemnon

• Fellow
  • Darwins +15/-0
« Reply #193 on: March 25, 2009, 01:30:06 PM »
In fact, God heals from cancer every day.  I recognize that some people die with cancer daily as well.

I've always been under the assumption that those who are healed from cancer have a form of cancer that hasn't progressed very far. If you read the bible and pray to be healed from cancer that has taken over your body, there is a slim to nil chance you are going to get healed. The thing is christians say god is going to heal them, but they refuse to just find it a coincidence that they have been healed.

I thought that people with cancer aren't actually considered "cured" but rather "in remission."  In other words, the doc can't see any evidence of active cancer, but isn't prepared to say that it is totally gone.  I guess that because of metastasis and slow-growing cancers they can never be totally sure it is gone.

You assumption is incorrect.  God has healed people where the doctors said the situation is impossible because what is impossible with man is possible with God.  Personally I have been healed from a stroke that was about to happen, from TB that was trying to attack my body as well.

Doctors are fallable, so just because one doc says it is impossible to heal doesn't mean that it is.  I was told by a doc that I would have to have a plantars wart cut out of my heel, that it wouldn't heal on its own.  It eventually went away.  This is not evidence of a miracle or supernatural intervention, it is evidence of misinformation.
So far as I can remember, there is not one word in the Gospels in praise of intelligence.  --Bertrand Russell

Offline Truth

« Reply #194 on: March 25, 2009, 01:53:31 PM »
The man without the Spirit does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him, and he cannot understand them, because they are spiritually discerned.

Offline Dkit

• Reader
  • Darwins +3/-0
  • Nemesis Ridiculii
« Reply #195 on: March 25, 2009, 02:04:29 PM »
So, in absence of a reasonable response, you choose to regurgitate the same verse from an earlier post?
"The Bible is a Banquet table not a snack tray!" - Anonymous Facebook User

Offline Agamemnon

• Fellow
  • Darwins +15/-0
« Reply #196 on: March 25, 2009, 02:05:54 PM »

Do you have any plans to actually contribute anything worth serious discussion or are you just going to post more preachy nonsense?

Offline Truth

« Reply #197 on: March 25, 2009, 02:08:55 PM »
I intend to post, but the scripture was appropriate in that instance.

Offline Aaron123

• Fellow
  • Darwins +77/-1
« Reply #198 on: March 25, 2009, 02:13:35 PM »
I said read the Bible to hear from God and then if you pray to him earnestly, he will give you an answer to cure cancer.  In fact, God heals from cancer every day.  I recognize that some people die with cancer daily as well.

I'm not asking for a handful of people to be cured from cancer, I'm asking for every case of cancer to be cured.  

Also, if god will give an answer to one that ask, why don't you ask for the cure to cancer?  After all, you'll be able to pray sincerely and faithfully, and the prayer will be unselfish and unmaterialistic.

Offline Agamemnon

• Fellow
  • Darwins +15/-0
« Reply #199 on: March 25, 2009, 02:22:21 PM »
I intend to post, but the scripture was appropriate in that instance.

I disagree.  If you are just going to post scripture then don't bother posting.

Offline Deus ex Machina

• Fellow
  • Darwins +23/-3
  • non-cdesign-proponentsist
« Reply #200 on: March 25, 2009, 02:23:41 PM »

Already read it. From cover to cover, twice, and individual books in no particular order. Still not convinced that it has any divine authority, or is in fact any more than a collection of works of legends and folklore, priestly history, wisdom tales, poetry, allegory and metaphor - which, if taken with anything less than a considerable degree of literary latitude (or a truckload of salt), would amount to a mountain of claims about reality that are in part wholly unsubstantiated, and in part manifestly absurd, and bear all the hallmarks of a culture and tradition that was grasping at straws in its attempts to explain what little it understood about reality when in fact it was adrift in the proverbial fecal stream without adequate means of propulsion.

So what's plan B?
« Last Edit: March 25, 2009, 02:28:41 PM by Deus ex Machina »
No day in which you learn something is wasted.

Offline Truth

« Reply #201 on: March 25, 2009, 02:34:28 PM »
I believe that you will one day believe if you have read the bible as you say.  The bible says that the word of God is alive and powerful, which means it can transform and convert.  It also says that it is sharper that the sharpest two edged sword cutting between soul and spirit, between joint and marrow, which means it will pierce your heart at some point.  God's word does not return to him void, which means that there will be good fruit from your reading of the word. We know that every knee shall bow at the name of Jesus, so I look forward to the day of your salvation. 

Offline Agamemnon

• Fellow
  • Darwins +15/-0
« Reply #202 on: March 25, 2009, 02:38:46 PM »
So what's plan B?

Apparently, plan B is to just sit around and wait for some kind of divine intervention.  I guess if it doesn't happen before you die, you are just screwed.