Author Topic: 10 questions every intelligent christian.....read this please [#144]  (Read 342 times)

Offline DL

listen dude....i think that since u claim to be an " intelligent educated" person you should have asked a theologist or a priest before uploading that video. the verses you used where from the OLD testament....go tell that shit to jews then.

duh god didnt create the world in 6 days!!! its an allegory...........what the bible states isnt scientific facts...its content is basicly a guide to human life and co-existence. the NEW testament which CHIRSTIANS follow...doesnt say anything about killing virgins and homosexuals.

the bible's meanings might seem simple but unless you dont study hard its implyed that u will miss the real meaning of it.

also....god's miracles are done through real medical and natural phenomenons. he doesnt just make cancer disappear...there is always an explanation even if doctors miss it. he would never just make an arm grow out of nowhere.because it cant.

about communion..drinking jesus blood is symbolic. the purpose of being a cristian is becoming one with god after death. drinking his "blood" means becoming part of his body and mind.

and finally about marriage and divorce.....god knows we are only human. we make mistakes.divorce isnt a sin. marriage though is suppose to unite two people who are meant to be together and reproduct. things like marriage and the feeling of family is what makes us different from animals and also is part of a christians FREE WILL. the bible does not enslave humans but on the contrary, it sets them free. even if " intelligent educated" people like you cant see that.

read the bible. ask an expert. dont make stupid assumptions on your own because u are olny human yourself.

excuse my english since im not american.

i hope you read my letter.

Offline StPatrick

• Reader
  • Darwins +2/-0
  • The patron saint of WWGHA
Re: 10 questions every intelligent christian.....read this please [#144]
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2008, 08:33:46 AM »
the verses you used where from the OLD testament....go tell that shit to jews then.

If it does not apply, why is it still in the Bible?

duh god didnt create the world in 6 days!!! its an allegory...........what the bible states isnt scientific facts

And God couldn't provide something, like evolution, that would later show the Bible to be of divine origin.

the bible's meanings might seem simple but unless you dont study hard its implyed that u will miss the real meaning of it.

Sure.  God couldn't make it accessable to the average Joe, preferring to make it so only people with the Magic Decoder Ring could understand it.

also....god's miracles are done through real medical and natural phenomenons. he doesnt just make cancer disappear...there is always an explanation even if doctors miss it. he would never just make an arm grow out of nowhere.because it cant.

No...God can't do umambiguous miracles! "You will receive whatever you ask for in prayer" is bogus, of course! 
Get serious.  God is all powerful.  As in, God can do anything.

drinking jesus blood is symbolic. the purpose of being a cristian is becoming one with god after death. drinking his "blood" means becoming part of his body and mind.

Look up the origins of this symbol.  Start with the pagans.

and finally about marriage and divorce.....god knows we are only human. we make mistakes.divorce isnt a sin. marriage though is suppose to unite two people who are meant to be together and reproduct. things like marriage and the feeling of family is what makes us different from animals and also is part of a christians FREE WILL. the bible does not enslave humans but on the contrary, it sets them free. even if " intelligent educated" people like you cant see that.

But God can't help them stay together at a rate better than that of everyone else.

Well, it's been fun.  Hope you join the forum, but please, learn to use correct English.
If we come together and do not fight over religion, class and borders then we hold the key to a peaceful world. There are two possible futures in store; either a March of power and greed or a March of a unified human race.

Generous George

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2008, 08:34:17 AM »
I'm glad you are not American! It's not your English it's your "shitty" attitude.   ;D

Offline Ashe

• Reader
  • Darwins +10/-1
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2008, 02:10:32 PM »
listen dude....i think that since u claim to be an " intelligent educated" person you should have asked a theologist or a priest before uploading that video. the verses you used where from the OLD testament....go tell that s**t to jews then.

It's still in your Bible, is it not? It's still taught in church, is it not?

duh god didnt create the world in 6 days!!! its an allegory...........

Who decided that it's an allegory? How? When? What do you say to the Christians who disagree and say it's literal?

Why? Why didn't God make his word easy for everyone to understand? You'd think he'd want there to be no mistake in our understanding.

also....god's miracles are done through real medical and natural phenomenons.

How did you determine this? How do I know that you simply didn't make that up to explain away the reason why God has never healed an amputee?

about communion..drinking jesus blood is symbolic. the purpose of being a cristian is becoming one with god after death. drinking his "blood" means becoming part of his body and mind.

Check out what St.Patrick said.

I didn't really see an answer to the question, but I did note that you said that marriage is for reproduction. Should old people not marry? Infertile people? People who don't intend to have children?
2 miles!
"All men(humans )were demon possed and were planning to attack God. Just like if you talk back to your parents." - Failbag quote

Offline cheesegromit

« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2008, 07:52:23 PM »
listen dude....i think that since u claim to be an " intelligent educated" person you should have asked a theologist or a priest before uploading that video. the verses you used where from the OLD testament....go tell that s**t to jews then.

It's still in your Bible, is it not? It's still taught in church, is it not?

Yes, but only the G rated parts.  Unless they're arguing against homosexuality.
Have you beat your slaves today? - God