Author Topic: If you have the balls, read the whole thing. I dare you. [part 1][#66a]  (Read 1147 times)

Offline DL

1) Why Won’t God Heal Amputees?
Now I see you have directed your question to a very specific topic. You chose the topic “amputees” because if you just said “Why Won’t God Heal?” well, there have been many instances where people have been healed physically by the Glory of God. ( ) However, since you have narrowed it down, I will take the time to ask you a few questions as well. First of all, you must be pretty popular, if you know EVERY single amputee in the world, to know that NO person that is an amputee has been healed, ever. But let’s say you did, and no one has been healed. It says in the bible (and yes I’m using the bible, it is God’s word, so why not use it as my proof?) anyways, it says: God will change us from the inside out: Romans 8:28 “And we know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to his purpose for them. Also, if you happen to come across a Christian who is an amputee (guaranteed there is one out there) you will realize that true Joy does not come from our physical being, it comes from salvation in Christ and realizing He loves us, and that living our life for Him is the only thing that matters, and they will still follow Him, because, if he doesn’t heal them, then there is a reason that they are in that condition in the first place. And you are being pretty prejudiced if you are thinking that any one who is an amputee doesn’t live a good life. You obviously don’t realize that there are nice people in the world, unlike you. There are people who, yes I know it’s shocking, will love someone even if they aren’t perfect. Oooh, that’s hard to believe, isn’t it? If there is an amputee who isn’t a Christian, or who is like you, they are probably blaming God for their condition and that’s why they believe that there can’t be a God, because God wouldn’t do something like that. But, aha, God wants you to find love and happiness within Him, not within yourself. So it’s hard to be happy as an amputee when you think that God hates you and that is why he won’t heal you. But I can bet that if any amputee fully surrendered their life to Christ and lived for Him, that they would be fully satisfied with the way they are, knowing that if Jesus loves them, nothing else matters. In Your video you say: Amputees get no miracles from God. Umm, before you make a statement like that, and before you pretend that that is a fact, you should go traveling around the world and ask every single person who is an amputee all around the world, if God hasn’t changed their lives, or if they suffer every day because of their condition. If you do that, I will guarantee you that there is at least 1 person out of the 6 billion people in the world that will say Jesus loves them, and that’s all they need to be happy and live a true fulfilled life. You also say in your video: You know that God completely ignores amputees when they pray for miracles. Well…. How do you know that? Have you again met every single amputee in the world and has every single one said that God hasn’t answered their prayers?? Wow, you are popular. And just so you know, just because He doesn’t heal their physical body, doesn’t mean he hasn’t healed them on the inside. And it doesn’t mean He hasn’t answered their prayers, so what if their legs don’t work. They’re still people. They are still loved, and they can live completely normal lives full and happy in Christ. Makes sense, doesn’t it? (By the way this isn’t uncomfortable for me at all, because you know I’m right, and so does God.)

2) Why are there so many starving people in our world?

First of all, there are so many starving people in the world because humans are cruel, and they don’t care. You know, we could get the entire population of U.S.A to donate 10 cans of food to any starving place, and they wouldn’t be starving anymore, would they? Nope, but people are dumb, they don’t care, why waste the money and the food, when they won’t have a can of soup for their Saturday night in. Now, assuming that it’s God’s fault, let’s look at a few things, shall we? It says in the bible (hehehe) Matthew 14:13-21 “As soon as Jesus heard the news, he left in a boat to a remote area to be alone. But the crowds heard where he was headed and followed on foot from many towns. Jesus saw the huge crowd as he stepped from the boat, and he had compassion on them and healed their sick. That evening the disciples came to him and said, “This is a remote place, and it’s already getting late. Send the crowds away so they can go to the villages and buy food for themselves.” But Jesus said, “That isn’t necessary - you feed them.” “But we have only five loaves of bread and two fish!” they answered. “Bring them here,” he said. Then he told the people to sit down on the grass. Jesus took the five loaves and two fish, looked up toward heaven, and blessed them. Then, breaking the loaves into pieces, he gave the bread to the disciples, who distributed it to the people. They all ate as much as they wanted, and afterward, the disciples picked up twelve baskets of leftovers. About 5,000 men were fed that day, in addition to all the women and children!”

This passage clearly states that what we truly need is not food, or money, or materialistic things of the world, but if we live in Christ, our needs will be met and we will have everything we need to live well on this Earth. Now you are probably still thinking, well, why hasn’t Christ allowed all the starving people and children in Africa for example to have a surplus of food like the crowd in the bible was? Well because they are being taught by the government, and people like you, that there is no God. So they obviously cannot live their life in Him and have everything they need. But for the kids that are too young to realize that, or make a choice for themselves, God says their suffering will only be short term, until they either find life in Him, or if they die of starvation, God will give them salvation, because suffering on Earth is only to build us stronger. I can guarantee you that there is someone out there in that situation who has Christ in their lives, and they will be okay. Think about that. God loves us, and in Him, we will be happy, and attain everything we need. But without Him, or even when you blame Him for your suffering, He will not help you. He isn’t going to force His way into our lives, or He would have done that a long time ago. You have to let Him in. And you also say in your video: “…while at the same time ignoring the prayers of these desperate, innocent little children.” Umm first of all that’s assuming they’re praying, and second of all, if they are praying, just because they don’t eat huge meals doesn’t mean they will be hungry. And if a child does die, God will love them and take care of them in heaven, also, if they die, their suffering will end, and since they are children God will love them and bring them to heaven with Him. Kids shouldn’t suffer because they are being taught the wrong things.

3) Why does God demand the death of so many innocent people in the bible?

Exodus 35:2
Well ask you can see, if you work on Sunday, you will not be killed. The bible is written in code, so people who are educated in the bible, unlike you obviously, know when it is being literal, and when it is in code. So when it says put to death, it doesn’t mean you will actually literally die if you work on the Sabbath, but if you do, you are disobeying God, He wants you to rest because it is a holy day, that is why people go to church on a Sunday, it is to worship Him and it is a day to be dedicated to Him. So if you work, you are saying you would rather fulfill your duties of the world rather then stay and rest and just live in the Glory of God.

Deuteronomy 22:18-21
Again, you are taking something that isn’t meant to be taken literal, and putting it in your own thinking. This is a message that is supposed to be for people who disobey God and go against His ways. So the teenager is a metaphor for people like you, and the father/mother are the parents, which mean they are God, because God is the father, and we are His children. So it says The father and mother (God) must take the son (someone who has disobeyed God) to the elders as they hold court at town gate (to be judged on Judgment Day so that God will judge Him personally.) Then it says all of the men of his town must stone Him to death. This means God will send whoever disobeys Him and does not find forgiveness or salvation in Christ will be sent to hell and will spend eternity in suffering. So in this way, it says, you will purge this evil from among you, and all Israel will hear about it and be afraid. (Which means, obey God, or you will suffer in Hell if you do not admit you are a sinner, and you ask Christ to come into your heart and forgive you, and change your ways. And the bible says that to scare people like you, because yes, if you disobey Him, you should be afraid.

Leviticus 20:13 We are designed the way we are for a reason. Woman have a vagina, men have a penis. It’s the way it goes. And God designed it that way so you can have sex and be married and have kids and live a blessed life. But people are so corrupted these days that men actual are attracted to men, and women are attracted to women, and have sex with each other, it obviously doesn’t work. People do this because of their own lust. It’s not out of love. And we are raised in a world where people follow their lust, instead of love. So saying they are going to be put to death, means God will judge them because they are not obeying Him and His law, and they did not ask to be forgiven and changed by Christ, so they will be sent to hell (put to death) and they are guilty of a capital offense (sin.) And if you say : well people can’t help the way they feel, well that’s why they need to ask Christ to come into their lives and change their hearts, and you’d be surprised how fast they would look at each other and go.. ew. What are we doing?

Deuteronomy 22:13-21 This is the same thing over and over again. It is not literal, and if someone is not a virgin before they get married, if they ask Christ to forgive her of her sin, and come into her life, and she promises to stay married to the man for life because that’s what marriage is, it’s a promise, and then she will be forgiven. But if she does not ask for forgiveness from God, then she has willingly disobeyed God, and she will be judged for it.

You say: why would a loving God want us to murder our fellow human beings over such trivial matters? UHH He doesn’t! He will deal with them, it is not our job to judge other people, for: Romans 4:10 “No one is righteous – not even one.” No one has the right to say we are better than any one else, James 2:10 “For the person who keeps all of the laws except one is as guilty as a person who has broken all of God’s laws.” “We are not sinners because we sin, but we sin because we are sinners.” God would forgive you to, but you are blinded by the way of the world, and that is because Satan is the god of this world.

It also says in the bible one of the 10 commandments. You shall not murder. You see, atheists don’t believe the bible because it “contradicts itself.” No, it doesn’t. Anything can contradict itself if you twist the words up a bit. Come on, you have to have some sort of intelligence to read the bible and understand it is in code, and that most of the messages are not taken literally. Some are, but if it contradicts what God said, then it probably isn’t literal.

4) Why does the bible contain so much anti - scientific knowledge?
As an educated (or what you think is educated) atheist you must realize something. I love science, it’s awesome it’s one of my favorite subjects in school. However, here is the deal: 1. the systematic observation of natural events and conditions in order to discover facts about them and to formulate laws and principles based on these facts. 2. The organized body of knowledge that is derived from such observations and that can be verified or tested by further investigation. 3. Any specific branch of this general body of knowledge, such as biology, physics, geology, or astronomy. So you see, you being an atheist, you believe in evolution, and so does the government. So you guys are trying to erase the line. What is the line you say? Well, the line is between evolution and fact. There has never been a time when evolution has been verified or tested and turned out to be true. So it is not science, it is a belief. This comes to the conclusion that evolution is a religion. And don’t deny it. You believe the world started billions of years ago by nothing exploding and creating something… (I can debate you on this later because I love that discussion!) Anyways, so you are trying to say that the bible is anti-scientific. That’s because simple science can’t explain God. This makes it a belief as well. So evolution and creation are belief systems. So the bible isn’t going to use science to proof Him. He doesn’t have to. Your religion is based on your faith. What you BELIEVE.

Not on what you can proof. You can’t proof God’s not real. You just can’t do it. You say God did not create the world in 6 days 6,000 years ago. Okay, well that is your opinion, but don’t turn around and say that the world is Billions of years old and was created by nothing that exploded. You say that the big bang or big crunch (the big bang has been proven wrong, that is a fact) started the world. Umm... yeah, where did all the dirt come from that assisted in the big bang/crunch? Well you say, well I don’t know. Exactly, I say that God has always been there, and you ask me how did God get here? Well I don’t know. So they are both beliefs. Neither of them can be proven; it is based on our belief and our faith. You also say there has never been a worldwide flood that covered Mt. Everest. Well were you there? So that is a belief. You can’t say it is 100% true that it didn’t happen, because you can’t prove it. You can try, but it’s what you believe that it comes down to. Just like when I say that I believe there was a flood about 4,000 years ago, I can’t prove it. But I do have something to back me up. God’s word. What do you have? Your teachers? The government? Your parents? Well how do they know? Jonah did not live inside a fish’s stomach for three days. That’s what you say. Well I say, were you there? Do you know? God did not create Adam from a handful of dust. Were you there? You see, you atheists. Your pretty tricky. You try to sound like you KNOW AS A FACT that the bible is incorrect. No, you believe it is incorrect. You will never prove that it isn’t unless you use lies to do it. Did you know that “If you tell a lie long enough, loud enough and often enough, the people will believe it.” That was said by Adolf Hitler. You are trying to get people to believe what you belief. Now if you said it like this: I don’t think there ever was a worldwide flood that covered Mt. Everest; you are admitting that that is your opinion, because you said “I don’t think.” (Which I would’ve replied to: no, you don’t) But instead, you say it as if you KNOW and you better not challenge me because I know everything. Did you know that the bible says people will be “willingly ignorant?” Well, it’s been right so far. So instead, you say: There has never… Umm, you weren’t there, so you can’t say that, for your information.
Moving on.

5) Why is God such a huge proponent of slavery in the bible?
Sooo, I don’t really understand what you mean by this question, because you kind of sped through it, maybe because it was uncomfortable for you???? ? Anyways, so I will try to “rationalize” what I thought you meant by it.

Exodus 21:20-21
Again, you’ve taken this pretty literally, so I am going to slow it down for you, and explain it to you, using very small words. First I’m going to give you this video as a reference as to what this verse actually means, because this guy did an awesome job, and I’m really getting tired of explaining things that are so simply to you.

[youtube]http://youtube.com/watch?v=VG4l5cQNs1M&feature=PlayList&p=AEC004F9967F8D09&index=0[/youtube]

Colossians 3:22-24

I don’t really understand why you used this verse, because it proves exactly what I’m trying to say. Here, I’ll type it out again, just to make sure this is what you wanted to put down. “Slaves, obey your earthly masters in everything you do. Try to please them all the time, not just when they are watching you. Serve them sincerely because of your reverent fear of the Lord. Work willingly at whatever you do, as though you were working for the Lord rather than for people. Remember that the Lord will give you inheritance as your reward, and that the Master you are serving is Christ.” HALLELUJAH. AMEN. (By the way, once again, this doesn’t literally mean slaves, it means us, people today, working for their bosses.)
Ephesians 6:5

Again, don’t really understand how this is negative; it is just saying WE should obey our bosses, parents, Elders with respect because you should work for people with a good work ethic and sincerely as though you were working for God. ?

1 Peter 2:18
This just means work for your boss with a good attitude, even if he or she is a pig, because God will see your heart and see that you are working as well for your boss as you would for Him and that will make Him very pleased with you!! ?
“And so on”….. Okay?

[continues to part 2... http://whywontgodhealamputees.com/forums/index.php?topic=257.0]
« Last Edit: July 26, 2008, 11:02:11 PM by DL »

Offline MrFriday

• 100% Superstition Free
  • Reader
  • Darwins +3/-0
    • To Question God
You are really just dodging the question (1). You say "there have been many instances where people have been healed physically by the Glory of God." Really? I bet you can't prove it. But even if we take this as a given, why won't God heal amputees like he heals these other people? If he will cure cancer, infection, paralysis, blindness, deafness ad infinitum, why won't he heal an amputee? Wouldn't you think that there would be one amputee that would have been healed in all of written history? You quibble, "you know EVERY single amputee in the world, to know that NO person that is an amputee has been healed, ever." Well, if you think God has healed amputees, you need only point us to the case. Please do the research and find out for yourself that God has never miraculously cured an amputee. It would be such a momentous thing that it would certainly have to be documented somewhere. To say that many people are healed by God but then say that amputees aren't healed because God "heals us from the inside" is just contradicting yourself. Either God heals us physically or he doesn't. You can't have it both ways. If "true joy comes from salvation" then why does God (in your opinion) heal other conditions while he expects amputees to be happy with their condition?

No one even insinuated that God has not changed the life of an amputee. That is not the point in question. You said, "And you are being pretty prejudiced if you are thinking that any one who is an amputee doesn’t live a good life." However, no one said anything of the kind. We assume that there must be faithful believers who are amputees and live good, happy moral lives according to "God's word" but none have ever been healed. They continue to be disfigured and suffer from phantom limb pain and other psychiatric problems. If they have been healed, no one has ever told us about it. And if you think a faith healer or any other believer wouldn't be shouting this miracle from the rooftops then you are a gullible fool.

It matters not if amputees are given strength to handle their condition or they are given prosthetics. This does not address the question of why there has never been a case of an amputee that has had their limb regenerated through faith. The claims of faith healers are legion but they all shy away from anything that isn't ambiguous. You have not answered the question at all. You have just shown how deeply in denial you are.
"Faith is believing in something you know isn't true" - Mark Twain

Offline Anfauglir

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +408/-5
I love science, it’s awesome it’s one of my favorite subjects in school.

aha.....

There has never been a time when evolution has been verified or tested and turned out to be true. So it is not science, it is a belief.

Oh dear.

That’s because simple science can’t explain God.

Hmmm.  I wonder why that might be?

...where did all the dirt come from that assisted in the big bang/crunch?

Oh dear again.

You also say there has never been a worldwide flood that covered Mt. Everest. Well were you there?

And so on.  I really wonder how someone who confesses they "love science, it’s awesome" can understand so little about scientific method, let alone know so little about the theories they are attempting to explain away.
Just because you've always done it that way doesn't mean it's not incredibly stupid.
Why is it so hard for believers to answer a direct question?

Offline StPatrick

• Reader
  • Darwins +2/-0
  • The patron saint of WWGHA
Psst...head on over to Wikipedia and at least get a general sense of what those theories actually say.
If we come together and do not fight over religion, class and borders then we hold the key to a peaceful world. There are two possible futures in store; either a March of power and greed or a March of a unified human race.

Offline Assyriankey

• Undergraduate
  • Darwins +0/-0

Well ask you can see, if you work on Sunday, you will not be killed. The bible is written in code, so people who are educated in the bible, unlike you obviously, know when it is being literal, and when it is in code. So when it says put to death, it doesn’t mean you will actually literally die if you work on the Sabbath, but if you do, you are disobeying God, He wants you to rest because it is a holy day, that is why people go to church on a Sunday, it is to worship Him and it is a day to be dedicated to Him. So if you work, you are saying you would rather fulfill your duties of the world rather then stay and rest and just live in the Glory of God.

Then why did the Pharisees want to kill Jesus for healing on the Sabbath?

I love the smell of SPAG in the morning : )

Offline Dkit

• Reader
  • Darwins +3/-0
  • Nemesis Ridiculii
“If you tell a lie long enough, loud enough and often enough, the people will believe it.”

Priceless.

"The Bible is a Banquet table not a snack tray!" - Anonymous Facebook User

Offline Airyaman

• Fellow
  • Darwins +17/-2
  • Alignment: True Neutral
    • Moving Beyond Faith
“If you tell a lie long enough, loud enough and often enough, the people will believe it.”

Priceless.

Long enough thus far has been at least 1970 years.
If you are following God why can I still see you?

Offline Anfauglir

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +408/-5

Well ask you can see, if you work on Sunday, you will not be killed. The bible is written in code, so people who are educated in the bible, unlike you obviously, know when it is being literal, and when it is in code.

I see.  And where in the Bible does it give the details of how to crack this code?  How do you know, from the Bible itself, when "death" means "physical death", "mental death", "seperation from god" or "cream cheese"?

The answer, of course, is that it does not.  The meaning in Exodus was always intended to be quite literal, and it is only later generations of wooly Christians without the real belief in their own holy book who have felt it necessary to say "ah, well, it doesn't really MEAN what it says".

Question: did Jesus actually "die" on the cross, or is that another example of code?  Meaning, of course, that the resurrection did not really happen...
Just because you've always done it that way doesn't mean it's not incredibly stupid.
Why is it so hard for believers to answer a direct question?

Offline Relentless

Hey DL...I have an Idea...Read a Book!

You can even chose the Bible if you would like to...We need more Atheist in this world and reading the Bible is the best way to become one.

It is funny how Christians deny everything without bothering in researching first...they just repeat what they hear froom their local thief (Priest, Minister,etc) without using their own sense and intelligence...well, if there's any.

Offline L6

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +0/-0
  • Ignostic
Hi triple-dog-dare, how do you reconcile the two statements below?

First of all, you must be pretty popular, if you know EVERY single amputee in the world, to know that NO person that is an amputee has been healed, ever.

There has never been a time when evolution has been verified or tested and turned out to be true.

So on the one hand, you believe amputations have been healed because it can't be verified, but on the other, you disbelieve evolution because it (according to you, which is false by the way) can't be verified? In other words, you just get to believe whatever you want, right?

This comes to the conclusion that evolution is a religion.
Ah, that old trick. Equivocation of the word faith aside, the mere fact that you feel the need to bring science down to the flimsy foundation of religion says that you know, deep down in your most rational self, that religion is a sham.

God did not create Adam from a handful of dust. Were you there?
So, you weren't there, but you believe it. You weren't there for abiogenesis, but you don't believe it. Why the inconsistency?

Oh, and I love the bit about the Big Bang starting with "dirt", since it started with radiation so hot that matter didn't even exist. I can see how the Big Bang could be one of your favorite debate topics; you get to make up anything you want about it.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2008, 03:43:55 PM by L6 »
God's existence is contingent upon the illusion that morality is dictated by religious authority.

Offline Airyaman

• Fellow
  • Darwins +17/-2
  • Alignment: True Neutral
    • Moving Beyond Faith

What about that poor chap who was stoned to death for gathering wood on Saturday (no, Sabbath is not Sunday, but Friday evening to Saturday evening, but you've cracked the code so you must know better).
If you are following God why can I still see you?

Offline L6

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +0/-0
  • Ignostic
“But we have only five loaves of bread and two fish!” they answered.

God's existence is contingent upon the illusion that morality is dictated by religious authority.

Offline Ashe

• Reader
  • Darwins +10/-1
It would be great if the OP writer could join up and respond to these criticisms.  :-\
2 miles!
"All men(humans )were demon possed and were planning to attack God. Just like if you talk back to your parents." - Failbag quote

Offline JustMe

• Student
  • Darwins +0/-0
    • Working towards something that makes sense
Re: If you have the balls, read the whole thing. I dare you. [part 1][#66a]
« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2008, 06:43:11 PM »
Now I see you have directed your question to a very specific topic. You chose the topic “amputees” because if you just said “Why Won’t God Heal?” well, there have been many instances where people have been healed physically by the Glory of God. ( ) However, since you have narrowed it down, I will take the time to ask you a few questions as well. First of all, you must be pretty popular, if you know EVERY single amputee in the world, to know that NO person that is an amputee has been healed, ever.

See, here's the thing. I am an amputee. Left leg, below knee. So let me give you my perspective on this question. I'll forgive the fact that you've said since I am not a Christian I must hate God and probably have a terrible life, because it's clear you haven't talked to many amputees. But it does seem rather rude of you to say.

First off, let me ask you a question: If God will heal some people, ought he not to heal amputees as well? I'm going to assume you think this is reasonable, if not you'll have some serious explaining to do.

What they were looking for was a group where the "healing" was very hard to fake. Either you have a left leg below the knee, or you do not. Very unambiguous. Whereas many of the miracles verified by the Catholic church (just as an example) are things like being cured of cancer. The difference with these things is (as even some very thoughtful and intelligent Christians I have talked with agree) they could be explained by things like mixed up medical tests. But we can be quite sure that legs don't grow back, and mixing up my test results would not cause my leg to reappear. They were looking for a testable group, that's all, and I think amputees are a good group for that.

Next, the idea that you have to know every amputee in the world, in order to verify that no amputee has ever been healed by God. See, the thing is, there really aren't that many of us. A couple of hundred, maybe a thousand or so, in all of Canada (where I'm from). And we talk to each other. We have organizations where we get together. We have newsletters and international links, so that when a new advance in prosthetic limbs comes out, we can all know about it, because it could be life-changing for some of us. And if anyone, ever, was healed by praying to Jesus or God, we would know. And even if such an event hadn't been "scientifically verified", if it might be a fraud, we would still know. It would be the most amazing news ever, and many of us would convert to Christianity, just on the chance it might help. But I 100% guarantee you, no amputee has  been healed by God. Ever.

But let’s say you did, and no one has been healed. It says in the bible (and yes I’m using the bible, it is God’s word, so why not use it as my proof?) anyways, it says: God will change us from the inside out: Romans 8:28 “And we know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to his purpose for them. Also, if you happen to come across a Christian who is an amputee (guaranteed there is one out there) you will realize that true Joy does not come from our physical being, it comes from salvation in Christ and realizing He loves us, and that living our life for Him is the only thing that matters, and they will still follow Him, because, if he doesn’t heal them, then there is a reason that they are in that condition in the first place.

Yes indeed, there is a reason. Congenital birth defect (I was born that way, in other words). Are you suggesting God gave me a birth defect? I don't think so, because I hadn't done anything to deserve it. I hadn't even been born.

And you are being pretty prejudiced if you are thinking that any one who is an amputee doesn’t live a good life. You obviously don’t realize that there are nice people in the world, unlike you. There are people who, yes I know it’s shocking, will love someone even if they aren’t perfect. Oooh, that’s hard to believe, isn’t it?

Forgive me for saying so, but this is incredibly rude. Nobody suggested that amputees don't have good lives, even as a possibility, except you. And you are talking down to the members of this forum as if they are mean-spirited and stupid. You will find that this attitude will not get you far in life. I expect that your pastor/preist will agree. So if you get nothing else out of this conversation, at least please reconsider your attitude towards your fellow human beings.

If there is an amputee who isn’t a Christian, or who is like you, they are probably blaming God for their condition and that’s why they believe that there can’t be a God, because God wouldn’t do something like that. But, aha, God wants you to find love and happiness within Him, not within yourself.

Again, just because I am not a Christian does not mean I blame God. And my not believing in the Christian God has nothing to do with my amputation. The reason I do not believe in the Christian religion is because it does not make sense. I read parts of the bible (those reccommended by my Sunday School teacher as being the most important and the easiest to understand), went to church, listened to what was said there, realized it didn't make logical sense, and left. Simple as that. But I gave it a chance, several times in my life. Please do not assume that you know what other people are thinking. If you would like to know, ask (politely). Many here would be happy to explain their views to you.

So it’s hard to be happy as an amputee when you think that God hates you and that is why he won’t heal you. But I can bet that if any amputee fully surrendered their life to Christ and lived for Him, that they would be fully satisfied with the way they are, knowing that if Jesus loves them, nothing else matters.

From your post, it doesn't seem to me you have any idea what it means to be happy as an amputee. Let me try to explain to you how it works. I'm assuming you've heard the saying that money can't buy happiness, right? And you probably understand that this is because when you buy something, you're happy with it for a little while, but then you adjust to having it, and so it doesn't bring you any happiness that lasts. The same is true when you lose something, even a limb. You are sad for a while, but eventually you adjust, and you go back to being just as happy as you were before. But it has nothing to do with believing or not believing in God. Any person would adjust, just the same way.

Let me also address the idea that "knowing Jesus loves them, nothing else matters". I am sure that believing Jesus loves you brings you a lot of comfort. And I am sure it is just the same for any Christians who are amputees. But think about if you lost your leg in an accident tomorrow. Wouldn't that matter to you? Just because you believe Jesus loves you, doesn't stop you from thinking that it would be nice to have a limb back. It doesn't stop you from seeing people able to do things easily that are harder for you, and thinking having two legs instead of one would be better. It still matters, and it always will. I don't spend my time being sad about it, but it's not because I believe in Jesus, it's just because I've adjusted, the same way anyone else would eventually do.

In Your video you say: Amputees get no miracles from God. Umm, before you make a statement like that, and before you pretend that that is a fact, you should go traveling around the world and ask every single person who is an amputee all around the world, if God hasn’t changed their lives, or if they suffer every day because of their condition. If you do that, I will guarantee you that there is at least 1 person out of the 6 billion people in the world that will say Jesus loves them, and that’s all they need to be happy and live a true fulfilled life. You also say in your video: You know that God completely ignores amputees when they pray for miracles. Well…. How do you know that? Have you again met every single amputee in the world and has every single one said that God hasn’t answered their prayers?? Wow, you are popular. And just so you know, just because He doesn’t heal their physical body, doesn’t mean he hasn’t healed them on the inside. And it doesn’t mean He hasn’t answered their prayers, so what if their legs don’t work. They’re still people. They are still loved, and they can live completely normal lives full and happy in Christ. Makes sense, doesn’t it? (By the way this isn’t uncomfortable for me at all, because you know I’m right, and so does God.)

"So what if their legs don't work?". Seriously? Before you advise people on this forum that they must go around the world and meet every living amputee, please meet at least one yourself. Being cared about and loved is great. But as an amputee (especially as a child) you can get treated very badly by other people. Some kids like to pick on the weakest link in any group they're in, and as an amputee that's often you. As I've said, I don't blame or hate God because of this, and I've long ago passed the years when I was being picked on. I am just as happy now as any person you might meet, and probably happier than most. But my childhood was more difficult than I think you can imagine. So if a Christian child prays to God to have an amputation healed, I guarantee you that child is praying with all of their heart and soul, harder than you have ever prayed in your life, and their whole family is probably praying too. And to suggest that making someone feel OK about their amputation is enough to be an answer when that innocent child has asked to be physically healed is almost offensive. They would feel good inside anyway, I am proof of that. If God does not heal that child, He has not answered that child's prayer. Period. That you would even suggest otherwise tells me that you do not understand the perspective of an amputee. You are reaching for an explanation so that you can hold on to your beliefs.

None of this is meant to be harsh on you. I understand you are probably just trying to defend your beliefs, which you might feel like this site is attacking. But I hope you see that it is important to understand what people are thinking, and where their ideas come from, instead of just making assumptions. While some of the people here might have had bad experiences with religion, and might feel like they need to be forceful in their arguments, just turn the other cheek to that, as they say. A lot of people actually are quite nice, and smart. I hope you will ask them questions so that instead of making wrong assumptions you will know what they really think, and understand why.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2008, 09:09:11 PM by JustMe »

Offline Ambassador Pony

• You keep what you kill.
  • Administrator
  • Darwins +71/-4
  • illuminatus
« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2008, 08:32:40 PM »
bm
You believe evolution and there is no evidence for that. Where is the fossil record of a half man half ape. I've only ever heard about it in reading.

Offline ReasonIsOutToLunch

« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2008, 09:25:45 PM »
Looks like another hit and run.
God, doesn't know pi.

Offline Codswallop

• Reader
  • Darwins +1/-0
  • Cod helps those who help themselves.
« Reply #16 on: August 02, 2008, 10:21:44 PM »
Now I see you have directed your question to a very specific topic. You chose the topic “amputees” because if you just said “Why Won’t God Heal?” well, there have been many instances where people have been healed physically by the Glory of God. ( ) However, since you have n

Not one--not a single one--that can be verified.

Deal with that, or the rest of your post is pointless.
"You've got to remember that these are just simple farmers. These are people of the land. The common clay of the new West. You know... morons."
             --Gene Wilder as The Waco Kid, Blazing Saddles