Author Topic: Questions for Christians [#1097]  (Read 1253 times)

Offline xTigerx

• Reader
  • Darwins +0/-0
  • WWFSMD?
Re: Questions for Christians [#1097]
« Reply #29 on: February 27, 2009, 10:33:38 AM »
Hey, have fun, eh

I don't have time to keep up with all this, but I think you guys have it all taken care of, anyway, eh?

Bless you

The very second we hold you responsible for your own claims.. You run away, typical.

And this person (Hisways) is in the elite 5%? I would have expected more of a challenge.

God is sloppy when it comes to proving Himself.  So of course His evangelists aren't gonna be much of a challenge.
God, if you're real, show yourself.  ...still waiting...

Offline Hisways

« Reply #30 on: February 28, 2009, 12:28:24 PM »
I was just going to leave the last words to you, but I realized I was leaving on a sour note and wanted to correct a misunderstanding.  Particularly in response to Astreja.  When I say that people are hard-wired to know there is a God.  I am NOT trying to convince you of the fact, I am merely stating a fact.  You are quite welcome in my estimation to carry on exactly as you are, denying the existence of God.  I am trying NOT TRYING TO CONVINCE YOU OF ANYTHING.   
If perhaps you are tying to convince me out of that fact, then perhaps you need to do the double blind testing. 
My point in replying to the video on Youtube was to answer the questions posed on the video in a Biblicaly accurate manner, It is not my intention to prove the existence of God.  God Himself does not go out of His way to prove He exists, so I feel no need to do something that God Himself does not feel is necessary.
I will leave all last words to you as I see no more serious questions that warrant answers.
May you all find happiness in life to last you an eternity. 

Offline Dkit

• Reader
  • Darwins +3/-0
  • Nemesis Ridiculii
« Reply #31 on: February 28, 2009, 12:31:46 PM »
Quote from: Hisways
Good point, I guess it comes back to the fact that we all have an innate knowledge of God to start with.
If knowledge of God is innate, why are there so many versions of God within Christianity itself and so many different religions/gods around the world?  If it were innate, wouldn't we all come to the same conclusions of this god/gods.

Infact not all religions believe in a god or gods, some even have completely different entities such as spirits, or worshipping their ancestors.
BUMP

I consider both of our points serious.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2009, 12:43:00 PM by Dkit »
"The Bible is a Banquet table not a snack tray!" - Anonymous Facebook User

Offline Hisways

« Reply #32 on: February 28, 2009, 12:39:31 PM »
Dang, your fast Dkit.  I believe I already answered your question but because you caught me before I was gone, I will re-answer it.   Because most people don't care enough (including many who make profession of being Christian) to search their conscience as they reason.
Blessings

Offline Dkit

• Reader
  • Darwins +3/-0
  • Nemesis Ridiculii
« Reply #33 on: February 28, 2009, 12:46:39 PM »
So with all of the other religions now and in the past (Zoroastrianism, Hinduism, Egyptian, Greek, Buddhims, Jainism, spirit/ancestor worship, and the list goes on) you are on of the ultimate lucky ones who not only found the correct religion, but is also practicing it correctly and considers himself in the top 5%? 

Man, any chance you can give me the winning Powerball numbers for tonight?
"The Bible is a Banquet table not a snack tray!" - Anonymous Facebook User

Offline velkyn

• Laureate
  • Darwins +169/-6
  • You're wearing the juice, aren't you?"
« Reply #34 on: March 02, 2009, 11:53:57 AM »
I was just going to leave the last words to you, but I realized I was leaving on a sour note and wanted to correct a misunderstanding.  Particularly in response to Astreja.  When I say that people are hard-wired to know there is a God.  I am NOT trying to convince you of the fact, I am merely stating a fact.  You are quite welcome in my estimation to carry on exactly as you are, denying the existence of God.  I am trying NOT TRYING TO CONVINCE YOU OF ANYTHING.   
If perhaps you are tying to convince me out of that fact, then perhaps you need to do the double blind testing. 
My point in replying to the video on Youtube was to answer the questions posed on the video in a Biblicaly accurate manner, It is not my intention to prove the existence of God.  God Himself does not go out of His way to prove He exists, so I feel no need to do something that God Himself does not feel is necessary.
I will leave all last words to you as I see no more serious questions that warrant answers.
May you all find happiness in life to last you an eternity. 

You make the ludicrous claim, you provide the evidence that you are correct. 
"There is no use in arguing with a man who can multiply anything by the square root of minus 1" - Pirates of Venus, ERB

http://clubschadenfreude.wordpress.com/

Offline Astreja

• Fellow
  • Darwins +265/-3
  • Agnostic goddess with Clue-by-Four™
    • The Springy Goddess
« Reply #35 on: March 02, 2009, 08:59:12 PM »
I was just going to leave the last words to you, but I realized I was leaving on a sour note and wanted to correct a misunderstanding.  Particularly in response to Astreja.  When I say that people are hard-wired to know there is a God.  I am NOT trying to convince you of the fact, I am merely stating a fact.

A statement of "fact" without corroborating evidence is useless to us.
Reality Checkroom — Not Responsible for Lost Articles