Author Topic: hi, how are you? Im so sorry this email is long, but... [#132]  (Read 520 times)

Offline PostalGirl

• Graduate
  • Darwins +16/-0
  • Just your friendly neighborhood postal girl!
I am a regular girl from the south.. Im not radical about religion.. I dont really go to church that much.. I just live a good life and believe in God and Jesus. I have some college..and I am an inteligent person...

Here is a few thoughts for any Inteligent, educated, rational Agnostic/Athiest... What do you think?

I can understand how you have your "theories" that there is no God based on the Holy Bible.. After all it is very old and has been translated and purhaps altered in translation or by rulers in the past. However, how do you explain people who have become posessed by a demon or the devil? THIS is Very real...and you know it!!!!

Right now, I want you to google, "exorcism".. there are REAL videos of people... of CHILDREN ... doing the unthinkable... unspeakable.. and Preist expelling the demons from the body with GOD.. these demons are Afraid of some one we call GOD... of Jesus.. of Holy water.. the cross.. they HATE him b/c of the Devil...

The Holy Bible speaks of things that are very real. Do you agree that the Bible was written a long long loooooong time ago?? Why are there things written so long ago, that describe things happening today.. Have you read the Bible? I am a sinner.. but I know that If I live my life according to the Bible and if I were to follow the 10 Commandments, I know that I would live a better quality of life.. If I didnt have sex b4 I was married.. If I used a condom... If I forgave that one guy that hurt me so bad instead of harboring that pain and anger... If I would have listened to my parents and wore my seatbelt 3 years ago.. then maybe I would still have my legs.. These are all examples...

Religion is one of those things that you can only PUSH people AWAY from.. I just am wondering what you think about the things that I have written.. because as an educated Christian, when I saw your video, I can openly see where you are coming from, but just because I do not have all the answers for your 10 questions.. and Just because I have never seen Jesus face to face... and Just because I have never walked on water because I prayed to God to give me the power to do that.. does not mean that he does not exsist.

Please, Im interested to hear what you think....

Offline CosmicScherzo

• Graduate
  • Darwins +0/-0
  • What would Jesus brew?
Re: hi, how are you? Im so sorry this email is long, but... [#132]
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2008, 04:13:20 PM »
Exorcisms are easily and frequently faked.

Sorry to hear about your accident, but where in the bible does it advocate the use of seat belts. Or condoms for that matter?
"What claim has your piety on my deference?"

Offline Vynn

• Reader
  • Darwins +1/-0
  • 1st an infidel, then a heretic, now an atheist!
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2008, 04:17:57 PM »
I can understand how you have your "theories" that there is no God based on the Holy Bible.. After all it is very old and has been translated and purhaps altered in translation or by rulers in the past.

So if the bible has been altered, how are we to know what to believe? Why would god allow his "word" to be altered since it would then be worthless as no one would know what was altered, and what was fit for doctrine?

However, how do you explain people who have become posessed by a demon or the devil? THIS is Very real...and you know it!!!!

No. People have all sorts of mental problems. There is no such thing as demonic possession, as far as can be determined. Intelligent people recognize this. You are not as intelligent as you imagine if you think that "this is very real", and everybody "know(s) it".

Right now, I want you to google, "exorcism".. there are REAL videos of people... of CHILDREN ... doing the unthinkable... unspeakable.. and Preist expelling the demons from the body with GOD.. these demons are Afraid of some one we call GOD... of Jesus.. of Holy water.. the cross.. they HATE him b/c of the Devil...

No. There's plenty of other explanations.

The Holy Bible speaks of things that are very real. Do you agree that the Bible was written a long long loooooong time ago?? Why are there things written so long ago, that describe things happening today.. Have you read the Bible?

How do you know if you yourself say that the bible might have been altered?

I am a sinner.. but I know that If I live my life according to the Bible and if I were to follow the 10 Commandments, I know that I would live a better quality of life.. If I didnt have sex b4 I was married.. If I used a condom... If I forgave that one guy that hurt me so bad instead of harboring that pain and anger... If I would have listened to my parents and wore my seatbelt 3 years ago.. then maybe I would still have my legs.. These are all examples...

Examples of what, exactly?

Religion is one of those things that you can only PUSH people AWAY from..

That's good!

I just am wondering what you think about the things that I have written.. because as an educated Christian, when I saw your video, I can openly see where you are coming from, but just because I do not have all the answers for your 10 questions..

I think you haven't thought about your own faith as much as you should. You should spend more time considering it carefully. If you can "see where we are coming from", then that means you can see the sense in our stance and non-belief. Don't be afraid to explore that further.

and Just because I have never seen Jesus face to face... and Just because I have never walked on water because I prayed to God to give me the power to do that.. does not mean that he does not exsist.

That's true. Good reasoning. Now apply same reasoning in other areas of your faith.

Also, consider if i said, "I've never seen the Tooth Fairy, or heard her voice, or gotten money under my pillow, etc... and that does not mean that the Tooth Fairy does not exist!" Isn't that the same thing? Why should you believe in Jesus, or i the Tooth Fairy?

Please, Im interested to hear what you think....

I'm interested in your thoughts about my thoughts on your message. Feel free to join the forum.

Offline Codswallop

• Reader
  • Darwins +1/-0
  • Cod helps those who help themselves.
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2008, 04:42:20 PM »
THIS is Very real...and you know it!!!!

Wow. Four exclamation points. We better listen this time.

Tell us, dear, why do you think the Bible is true?
"You've got to remember that these are just simple farmers. These are people of the land. The common clay of the new West. You know... morons."
             --Gene Wilder as The Waco Kid, Blazing Saddles

Offline StPatrick

• Reader
  • Darwins +2/-0
  • The patron saint of WWGHA
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2008, 04:49:28 PM »
hi, how are you? Im so sorry this email is long, but...

We've had longer emails in the past.  This is more medium-length.

Proof or it didn't happen.  These things are constantly faked.

I can understand how you have your "theories" that there is no God based on the Holy Bible.. After all it is very old and has been translated and purhaps altered in translation or by rulers in the past.

And why did God allow Bronze Age natives to screw up His message?  This makes no sense.

just because I do not have all the answers for your 10 questions.. and Just because I have never seen Jesus face to face... and Just because I have never walked on water because I prayed to God to give me the power to do that.. does not mean that he does not exsist.

Well, the evidence, or lack thereof, certainly points that way.
If we come together and do not fight over religion, class and borders then we hold the key to a peaceful world. There are two possible futures in store; either a March of power and greed or a March of a unified human race.

Offline Freak

« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2008, 07:33:19 PM »
Demons do not exist. The Bible is/was not prophetic. You are a terrible source for information.
Problems solved.

When you manage to find convincing evidence for either of those two claims, then come back. I do not accept YouTube or The Exorcist as evidence.
When I was a kid, I used to pray every night for a new bike. Then I realised, the Lord doesn't work that way. So I just stole one and asked Him to forgive me. - Emo Philips

Offline hickdive

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +32/-0
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2008, 07:20:20 AM »
...how do you explain people who have become posessed by a demon or the devil? THIS is Very real...and you know it!!!!

1. No I don't know it is real - what evidence is available?

2. Google and YouTube as evidence? Whatever next? What did you study at college?
Stupidity, unlike intelligence, has no limits.

Offline Ananukia

• Reader
  • Darwins +0/-0
  • I wear no mask.
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2008, 01:51:13 PM »
schizophrenia, DO YOU SPEAK IT?
        Songs that the Hyades shall sing,
    Where flap the tatters of the King,
    Must die unheard in

Dim Carcosa.

Offline MadBunny

• Fellow
  • Darwins +110/-0
  • Fallen Illuminatus
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2008, 08:13:51 PM »
I can understand how you have your "theories" that there is no God based on the Holy Bible.. After all it is very old and has been translated and perhaps altered in translation or by rulers in the past. However, how do you explain people who have become possessed by a demon or the devil? THIS is Very real...and you know it!!!!

Right now, I want you to google, "exorcism".. there are REAL videos of people... of CHILDREN ... doing the unthinkable... unspeakable.. and Priest expelling the demons from the body with GOD.. these demons are Afraid of some one we call GOD... of Jesus.. of Holy water.. the cross.. they HATE him b/c of the Devil...
**fixed spelling on a couple items.

Have you ever wondered why an Atheist never gets Stigmata?
Or why people of other cultures that worship other gods just as fervently never get it?

Once you penetrate that question, you'll begin to understand a lot more about these demon possessions.
Give a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a night.  Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.