Author Topic: god doesn't exist [#134]  (Read 643 times)

Offline DL

god doesn't exist [#134]
« on: August 02, 2008, 06:11:45 AM »
thank you guys for making another video, I loved all of your other ones. my whole life i was brainwashed by parents and grandparents that forced their god on me and since the age of 13 i knew he didnt exist but had no way of proving it. about a year ago i discovered your videos and everything seemed to make sense. I feel like a terrible person because I firmly believe that anyone who can sit down and pray to a god or anything is a complete idiot and better off dead. I have a few problems with disproving god and maybe you guys could explain this to me. theres a law in science that states that for every action there is another action, I'm not 100% sure. lets say that there was a big bang, how did it happen? i know that in some complex physics, theres a way of things happening without a physical being manipulating them. I don't believe in god or any creator AT ALL but I am confused and maybe i should do my homework better haha, or is this what youre talking about in your most current video?

thanks for anything or any info and thanks a lot for the videos

Offline StPatrick

• Reader
  • Darwins +2/-0
  • The patron saint of WWGHA
Re: god doesn't exist [#134]
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2008, 06:53:21 AM »
You should join the forum and help other Christians that have been brainwashed and adamantly refuse to consider their beliefs.  But first, you might learn how to use the "Shift" key, so that they take you seriously. Like This.

I'm not sure that they are idiots who are better off dead, however.
If we come together and do not fight over religion, class and borders then we hold the key to a peaceful world. There are two possible futures in store; either a March of power and greed or a March of a unified human race.

Offline xphobe

• Professor
  • Darwins +12/-0
  • the truth is out there
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2008, 07:00:18 AM »
I'm not sure that they are idiots who are better off dead, however.

Well, typically they think they're better off dead.  This life is just a tribulation to be endured until they can shuffle off this mortal coil and hang out with Jesus for an eternity of bliss.

Original Poster (please do register so we can call you by name), the question you are asking is the First Cause question, and it gets debated a lot around here.  We may not know the answer, but I guarantee if you stick around you will learn a lot about biology and quantum physics :)
I stopped believing for a little while this morning. Journey is gonna be so pissed when they find out...

Offline Dragnet

• Reader
  • Darwins +0/-0
  • iustus res "We just want the facts"
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2008, 10:05:01 AM »
This is a great place to meet the people that can help you with the questions you have.
I am terrible at explaining things but the questions you raise seem to me to be dealing with the un-caused cause and infinite regression.
Look up those terms and you may be able to answer your own question.
I am responsible with my actions NOW so I don't HAVE to be responsible for them later.