Author Topic: Good video - comment and 2 questions [#130]  (Read 466 times)

Offline PostalGirl

• Graduate
  • Darwins +16/-0
  • Just your friendly neighborhood postal girl!
Good video - comment and 2 questions [#130]
« on: August 01, 2008, 02:47:52 PM »
Hi:

I am a rational person and quite liked your video. Three comments:

Comment: You used the word pagan in the video - please look up this word in the
dictionary, it is a very deragatory word coined by christians to mock non-abrahamic
faiths. Some of the meanings include, heathen, hedonist, uncivilized - all because one is
not a member of an abrahamic faith. Obviously you are quite familiar with the abuse that
christians routinely dish out. Please consider removing this word and use something else,
thanks.

1. For 16% of the population, you guys are very quiet. The fundamentalists are not that
big in number (not all christians are fundamentalists) but they sure make a lot of noise.
The presidential candidates are all scared of them, I was disgusted that Obama chose to
try to curry favor with them. How come he is not scared of you guys? A country like South
Korea has is about 20% christian and another 20% Buddhist, the majority in fact is
Atheist! But how come a rabid christian becomes president? You say Europe is majority
Atheist and england 75% athest. Well can you give me any evidence of any prime minister
who is openly atheist? Why are they scared to come out? Maybe you are not very organized?

2. You point out that the bible is comfortable with slavery and "god" kills a lot of
people, lots of sex and violence. Then why is every hotel allowed to keep a book in its
rooms? If they kept a sex book in their hotel rooms, you would object would you not? so,
why are you so silent when such a book is kept in hotel rooms. What if your kid picks it
up and gets the wrong ideas about slavery? In the 2nd page there is talk of a guy who has
sex with his 2 daughters! Ew! Do you want your kid to read stuff like this? Why can't you
go to court and ask the judge to ban this stuff? Do you not have a case or do you prefer
to keep quiet?

thanks
[Name]

Offline StPatrick

• Reader
  • Darwins +2/-0
  • The patron saint of WWGHA
Re: Good video - comment and 2 questions [#130]
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2008, 02:50:00 PM »
I'm gonna let other people handle the other two, but here's the answer to point 2:

2. You point out that the bible is comfortable with slavery and "god" kills a lot of
people, lots of sex and violence. Then why is every hotel allowed to keep a book in its
rooms? If they kept a sex book in their hotel rooms, you would object would you not? so,
why are you so silent when such a book is kept in hotel rooms. What if your kid picks it
up and gets the wrong ideas about slavery? In the 2nd page there is talk of a guy who has
sex with his 2 daughters! Ew! Do you want your kid to read stuff like this? Why can't you
go to court and ask the judge to ban this stuff? Do you not have a case or do you prefer
to keep quiet?

Not sure.  I suspect it has something to do with the fact that no one looks at those verses or pays them much mind.
If we come together and do not fight over religion, class and borders then we hold the key to a peaceful world. There are two possible futures in store; either a March of power and greed or a March of a unified human race.

Offline Ananukia

• Reader
  • Darwins +0/-0
  • I wear no mask.
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2008, 03:27:44 PM »
I'm a hedonist, why is that bad?
        Songs that the Hyades shall sing,
    Where flap the tatters of the King,
    Must die unheard in

Dim Carcosa.

Offline Ashe

• Reader
  • Darwins +10/-1
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2008, 03:57:43 PM »
Hi:

I am a rational person and quite liked your video. Three comments:

Comment: You used the word pagan in the video - please look up this word in the
dictionary, it is a very deragatory word coined by christians to mock non-abrahamic
faiths. Some of the meanings include, heathen, hedonist, uncivilized - all because one is
not a member of an abrahamic faith. Obviously you are quite familiar with the abuse that
christians routinely dish out. Please consider removing this word and use something else,
thanks.

I don't really see how it's a big deal...
To each his own, I suppose.

1. For 16% of the population, you guys are very quiet. The fundamentalists are not that
big in number (not all christians are fundamentalists) but they sure make a lot of noise.
The presidential candidates are all scared of them, I was disgusted that Obama chose to
try to curry favor with them. How come he is not scared of you guys? A country like South
Korea has is about 20% christian and another 20% Buddhist, the majority in fact is
Atheist! But how come a rabid christian becomes president? You say Europe is majority
Atheist and england 75% athest. Well can you give me any evidence of any prime minister
who is openly atheist? Why are they scared to come out? Maybe you are not very organized?

Of course atheists aren't very organized. We're not organized because the only thing we all really have in common is the lack of belief in God. It's very difficult to organize political muscle behind something so vague and general.

to keep quiet?

Because this is a nation full of Christians and the case wouldn't go anywhere. There have been a few cases regarding Bibles in hotels, but I don't think it's necessarily a nationwide things that garners much attention.
2 miles!
"All men(humans )were demon possed and were planning to attack God. Just like if you talk back to your parents." - Failbag quote