Author Topic: Oh boy oh boy [#122]  (Read 357 times)

Offline DL

Oh boy oh boy [#122]
« on: August 01, 2008, 08:34:02 AM »
hey, i don't usually message on youtube
never actually, but i was impressed with your 10 questions every smart christian should answer or w/e it was named.

i was impressed with your ability to stop most counter arguments in a video that cold probably make a lot of people angry.

i'm not really christian by faith. an agnostic i think. you know, not putting all my
faith in a god but never denying the possibility that there is a god.

i did think the video was interesting, but before you attack a group of people by calling them delusional, wouldn't it also be delusional to believe we are the intelligent of the intelligent.
"God is imaginary" though a fair answer cuz i know i don't have a clear carved in stone answer, also sounds, to the educated individual, like the answer a 5 year old would give when he his pushed back into a wall.
like a child who has no further argument, the only argument he has left is that he is correct and that the other child is wrong.
it doesn't push for much of an argument.

if there isn't a God, it doesn't make much of a difference, and even if there is, we're still living hey? but God, if real, didn't put people on earth so he could baby sit.
now, assuming that all christians are brain washed and that you're some highly intellectual being is in my view, annoying.

you can say god is imaginary, and i can ask who started it all. but then ofcourse you could ask who started God. in the end it doesn't matter. real or not, God is real as long as people believe it's real.
the only reason religion is such a big issue in this world is because 'intellectuals' like you decide to avoid tolerance, and brand christians as delusional.
you would be a mild discriminator. believing christians are souls that need saving from their imaginary friend. thankfully and hopefully not a radical discriminator.

by the way, even if there are millions starving, i wouldn't say it's cuz God doesn't exist. if you disagree with the problem please change it. i'm not saying i agree with it, but i'm not going to change it, unfortunately. i've donated, but as far as i go, i'm just your average first world citizen.

like this:
you believe that christians believe that God has the power to make miracles. miracles like curing cancer.
but why is everyone dieing from cancer??? ":D
humans have the potential to stop poverty, and a lot more i'm sure.
but why are people still living like 'shit'

oh boy oh boy, if people are still living in poverty, and the humans which can stop it aren't stopping it.... we must beeeee imaginary. of course.

like do you see how retarded the argument of God not existing because bad things happen?
you're right, shit happens, but who assigned God the job of fixing our problems?
There's more then one of us for a reasons. look after your brother, brother, unless we're all psychopaths who don't mind the death of our kin.
a shame he has so many children. must be hard looking after all of us.
I know most of the bible is bullshit, what i know isn't bullshit are the smart verses. the ones that do teach you something. whether God be real or not.

Congratulations, you're God for a day. and with your new job as god, you have to take care of the people in the world.
how does one go about doing this. there's three ways. you can do nothing, you can everything, or you can do somewhere in between.

if you do nothing, no one will believe in you and you'll have 0 responsibility, but then the creatures you created would have been created for nothing. though i'm sure the creatures would just make up another God.

if you do everything, the creatures will become reliant on your miracles. and what happens when you take a small break, the world will go to hell, and the creatures you were taking care of will all start dieing. cuz they rely solely on your power.

If you do somewhere in between then you're sort of in the clear. act as if you aren't helping at all. it maintains faith and doesn't cause total reliance. even crazier, what if your creatures could learn to help eachother?

it doesn't matter which you picked, the only god we could play is on top of an ant hill anyways.

i heard the news story today about the guy who murdered a guy on a bus the other day. then cut his head and displayed it to everyone outside the bus. if God is real why doesn't he give the head amputee a new head right? because that's a rational question to begin with. anyways, what really gets me pissed off about this story is the lack of courage shown by the 60 other people on the bus. "a guy is getting murdered, 60 on 1? fuck that i'm off the bus" us humans who can't rely on eachother, shouldn't be too quick to rely on God.

ANYWAYS, i'm rambling. it's our human superiority cycle hey? you make a 'smart' video assuming what people will answer with dumb excuses like "God doesn't answer amputee's prayers". and hard-core christians do make me angry. but the thing i dislike more are the people who are too weak to accept the differences and just accept people for who they are.
an amputee doesn't need a new limb to be happy. i have a cousin missing one arm and on leg and i'm not even kidding. he's a really smart guy and i'm sure he would argue a lot better then i would with this whole thing. he doesn't need saving. he has his blessings. don't look at what you've lost, look at what have. it's a lot easier to count.

God bring hope to millions. real or not, christian or not, the belief that as alone as you are, a greater power is looking over you and guiding you.

luck is fake. i'm sure a genius like you knows this?
but luck has very real consequences. luck can change the performance of an individual. it's fake as the world but very real like a drug.
if someone believes that their lucky bat will win them the ball game, it's likely to happen.
if someone prays to God that they get better at chess, they are quite likely to get better. if they truly believe that God is guiding them, they will guide themselves.

delusional or not, the changes are very real.
i was born in Peru, and at the time, it wasn't the nicest of places. but you know, even though there were car bombs every other day, car bombs aren't the first thing i think about when i think about my home.
the first thing i think about are the chocolate bars that came with a small monster toy. i think the brand was called 'window' or something. i remember watching 'saved by the bell' (yes we had televisions in our poor little 3rd world country) with a banana milkshake before going to bed. how during Christmas eve, everything was perfect. it didn't matter how big the present form santa was, what mattered was that feeling i got as a small kid with my family.

before moving here to canada i remember we gave most of our toys except a couple (cuz we didn't have too many suit cases) to a literally dirt poor family that didn't live far. when i say literally dirt poor, i meant hat the floor of their living habitat, was dirt. they had a small wood/straw shelter but the rest was just a patch of dirt. a lot of kids. and a few chickens. and ya we gave them the toys and they were the happiest kids on earth. spanish people are highly religious so they did thank god. but before they thanked god, they thanked us. and as they thanked god, they asked god to bless us, and they asked god to watch over us. i'm not saying god is chilling with me on my computer desk. it's the gesture i'm remarking on. as imaginary or real as god is, i'll never forget that family, and i'll never forget how they asked god to watch over us.

it's hope that people need, not a man (or woman?) looking to change opinions.
i'm not saying i'm a savior or anything btw.
it's just the hope that you're being looked after. kinda like if you were dieing, with no form of communication to anyone you love, who do you have to believe in. no one. or you imaginary friend.
as rational as the first choice is, i'd much prefer to be the blissfully ignorant, so while you can die alone, i'll be dieing with my imaginary friend god.
the result after death is a different story. but atleast while getting there, i was crazy enough to believe that while i was dieing, god was there to hold my hand

like i said, i'm an agnostic. i don't fully believe in god but i don't deny his existence.
believing in him when it's convenient might seem selfish, and it really is. but as long as i can trick myself hey?
and i'm sure as an educated person you would agree that a government should look after it's people, without expecting the people, rich or poor, to look after them.

don't look at religions as a weakness, look at it as a strength. in fact, if you don't believe it all, don;t look at it at all. just accept that i's there.

us humans can be so stupid thinking that self appointed labels such as Muslim or Jewish can separate us from what we really are. humans. missing a leg or not.
the only animal smart enough to imprison other animals and reproducing them as a source of whatever they give.
humans that can shoot big hunks of metal into the moon. shooting bug hunks of metal into the moon by blowing them up into the moon might i add. perhaps, it's the kids who are the smartest. cuz if you ask me, putting a big rocket at the back of a space craft to move it forward, sounds like something kids would have fun doing. i'm sure as going through high school, however long it was for you, you noticed that the smarter you got, the more kinder-like the knowledge became. like calculus when it started calling numbers 'infinite'. that's something a child would say :)

i didn't look at the website, i apologize if the website had such content that it would shut this whole message down. and i apologize if i am misjudging you.
i just wanna ask you to stop changing opinions, regardless of what's right or wrong. it doesn't matter. the only real things are the things you believe. believing as in seeing or just by faith. kinda like that hamster who believes the world is a cage. and ofcourse what he can see through the cracks.
don't talk to religious folk if all you wanna do is change them.
the only way we can eventually beat discrimination is by ignoring it. it's true.
i hate it when people don't call black people black, it annoys me lol. they ARE black. it's not an insult. unless you believe calling them what they are is an insult.

i know this is hypocritical by me trying to stop your saving of the poor christians. but you aren't saving anybody. you're just raising awareness that there are people stupid enough to believe that intelligence is a tool meant for thinking rationally. (as man, the same species that wrote the bible would describe rational) when if you do look at it rationally, intelligence is the ability to manipulate information into a form which is more understandable. using lies or truths. tangible or imaginary. it's all in how you perceive things. and i believe you are perceiving the irrationality of others like a child backed into a corner. left only with the argument that he is right, and what ever his opponent says, is wrong.

Generous George

Re: Oh boy oh boy [#122]
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2008, 08:36:03 AM »
Thanks for the post, calm down a little and I bet members will address your 4 bazillion points in good time.  ;)  Welcome to the forum!  ;D

Offline screwtape

• The Great Red Dragon
  • Administrator
  • Darwins +654/-28
  • Karma mooch
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2008, 09:06:27 AM »
God is real as long as people believe it's real.

quite right.

the only reason religion is such a big issue in this world is because 'intellectuals' like you decide to avoid tolerance, and brand christians as delusional.

Really?  It's the atheists who are the problem?  Did you not notice that the 19 terrorists who flew airplanes into buildings about 7 years ago were all religious fanatics?  Did you not notice that stem cell research in the US has been restricted because of religious fanatics?  The list goes on.  People act on their beliefs.  Religious beliefs, particularly those of apocalyptic cults like christianity and death cults like islam, are dangerous to our species and all life on earth.

like do you see how retarded the argument of God not existing because bad things happen?

You do not understand the point of theodicy - the problem or evil or suffering.  If there is an all powerful god, who is all knowing and all good, then suffering should not exist.  If a creation that god loves above all others suffers, then god must not know about, not care about or not be able to do anything about it.  If that is the case, then god is not god or, at the very least, not worth worshipping.

like i said, i'm an agnostic. i don't fully believe in god but i don't deny his existence.

Do you feel the same way about Odin?  How about Osiris?  Or any of the other of thousands of gods that people have believed in?

Links:
Rules
Guides & Tutorials

What's true is already so. Owning up to it does not make it worse.

Offline Ashe

• Reader
  • Darwins +10/-1
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2008, 01:25:54 PM »
i'm not really christian by faith. an agnostic i think. you know, not putting all my
faith in a god but never denying the possibility that there is a god.

Hi there!
By your own description, you sound like an atheist. (It's called agnostic atheism. :))

you're right, s**t happens, but who assigned God the job of fixing our problems?

God did. :) By God's description in the Bible - God is purely good. If God is purely good, he can neither allow nor create bad. If people argue that evil is the absence of God, then that knocks out God's omnipresence. We go by the description the Christians gave.

Congratulations, you're God for a day. and with your new job as god, you have to take care of the people in the world.
how does one go about doing this. there's three ways. you can do nothing, you can everything, or you can do somewhere in between.

if you do nothing, no one will believe in you and you'll have 0 responsibility, but then the creatures you created would have been created for nothing. though i'm sure the creatures would just make up another God.

How do you come to this conclusion? If you create your own people but do nothing, it doesn't mean they won't believe in you - all you had to do was create them so they wouldn't stop believing in you. You're God, after all. You can make your creation grow any which way you'd like.

if you do everything, the creatures will become reliant on your miracles. and what happens when you take a small break, the world will go to hell, and the creatures you were taking care of will all start dieing. cuz they rely solely on your power.

Why would God need to "take a break?" Theoretically, God could guide each and every single one of us all at the same time and it would be as easy as pie.

If you do somewhere in between then you're sort of in the clear. act as if you aren't helping at all. it maintains faith and doesn't cause total reliance. even crazier, what if your creatures could learn to help eachother?

As in the first example, you haven't shown how your conclusion follows.

an amputee doesn't need a new limb to be happy. i have a cousin missing one arm and on leg and i'm not even kidding. he's a really smart guy and i'm sure he would argue a lot better then i would with this whole thing. he doesn't need saving. he has his blessings. don't look at what you've lost, look at what have. it's a lot easier to count.

But the question isn't about the amputee's happiness. It's about the regrowth, period.

God bring hope to millions. real or not, christian or not, the belief that as alone as you are, a greater power is looking over you and guiding you.

And belief in God has brought horror to millions. I mean, it cuts both ways, you agree?

luck is fake. i'm sure a genius like you knows this?

No. Where did you come up with that idea?

if someone believes that their lucky bat will win them the ball game, it's likely to happen.
if someone prays to God that they get better at chess, they are quite likely to get better. if they truly believe that God is guiding them, they will guide themselves.

Ah, I see where you got the "luck" thing now. I wouldn't have used that word.
This is called positive thinking. It happens without God, too.

Agnostic atheism.

i just wanna ask you to stop changing opinions, regardless of what's right or wrong. it doesn't matter. the only real things are the things you believe. believing as in seeing or just by faith. kinda like that hamster who believes the world is a cage. and ofcourse what he can see through the cracks.
don't talk to religious folk if all you wanna do is change them.
the only way we can eventually beat discrimination is by ignoring it. it's true.

This is where I strongly, strongly disagree.
You live in Canada, you said? Maybe that's why this isn't such an issue for you. Perhaps you're aware that in the States religion is being forced into everything. Science, education, and social rights are being intruded upon by Christianity. The number one reason why people are against my getting married? Religion (even though their preference should have no place in my life). We cannot ignore religion. Should we ignore militant Islam?

Also, I assume you tell the religious to try to stop converting people, too, right? Because that works both ways.

I'd be happy to leave the religious alone. The religious are free to believe what they want to believe. But once they interfere in my life, I have the right to tell them to STFU and leave me alone.
2 miles!
"All men(humans )were demon possed and were planning to attack God. Just like if you talk back to your parents." - Failbag quote