Author Topic: 10 answers from a christian 12 year old [#97]  (Read 611 times)

Offline DL

10 answers from a christian 12 year old [#97]
« on: July 29, 2008, 04:08:35 PM »
obviously, i don't have a degree. but i can still answer your questions. and i'm- 12.
i come from an atheist background, so my parents aren't any influence. they do, however, respect my decision to become a christian, although they don't support it.

#1- god didn't plan for the human body to be a miracle. humans don't need to be able to heal their missing limbs, unlike crabs, who god did design to be able to do so. because crabs deal with missing limbs many times in their life, and god didn't plan on humans needing the ability to regenerate. nobody's perfect, even god.

#2- starvation is a punishment for straying from god. if humans hadn't strayed, god would still have us in the divine garden of eden. violence and starvation are the faults of humans. it would be like arguing with your parents after being grounded, it wouldn't change anything, you would still be grounded. but i believe that when jesus comes, we will all have a second chance.

#3- the people aren't innocent, sex before marriage is a sin, so is working on the sabbath, homosexuality, and disobeying your parents. innocence is not a factor, and it is those people's choice to be sinners. god demands that we kill sinners, ahey nd humans do kill sinners, but remember its the old testament those verses camhad faie from. sex before marriage was as bad as murder back then.

#4- in a time when god had shown himself, and when people sinned less and followed god, god had made himself known. miracles happen, and when people followed god, he helped them, because they had faith in him, and the faith was returned.

#5- GOD WANTED EQUALITY. it was people who had strayed from god who were proponents of slavery. adam and eve weren't proponents of slavery, it was other people who has STRAYED from god. god only thought sinners who had worshipped other gods deserved to be slaves.

#6- god has a plan for all of us, bad things happen so that good people can triumph over them, if every always went well, what would be the point of trying anything new?

#7- excuse me? the people who were healed died. you can't tell if someone was once blind from 6,000 or so year old bones. if wine was once water, you wouldn't be able to tell. jesus's body was left behind, and is believed to be found.

#8- personally, i've seen jesus in my dreams and i feel him in my heart. obviously i cannot PROVE that to you, i can only tell you.

#9- bread and wine SYMBOLIZE the body and the blood. jesus didn't really want them to eat him. read up before you ask questions like that.

#10- people are people. you can't relate modern-day people to god, other than in the bible. obviously, people aren't god. and again, nobody's perfect. i don't see how this question relates to god's existence.

Offline Airyaman

• Fellow
  • Darwins +17/-2
  • Alignment: True Neutral
    • Moving Beyond Faith
Re: 10 answers from a christian 12 year old [#97]
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2008, 04:22:04 PM »
obviously, i don't have a degree. but i can still answer your questions. and i'm- 12.
i come from an atheist background, so my parents aren't any influence. they do, however, respect my decision to become a christian, although they don't support it.

Since you are 12, I will try to be nice :).

#1- god didn't plan for the human body to be a miracle. humans don't need to be able to heal their missing limbs, unlike crabs, who god did design to be able to do so. because crabs deal with missing limbs many times in their life, and god didn't plan on humans needing the ability to regenerate. nobody's perfect, even god.

How would you know what your god planned for our bodies. The bible doesn't say, so you're just making a guess. But I must ask, why would your god want some organisms to have such abilities while not giving it to others? Because humans are the only ones who can go to heaven (or hell?)

You're last one is great...you won't make too many friends in the Christian community by saying Jehovah is not perfect.

#2- starvation is a punishment for straying from god. if humans hadn't strayed, god would still have us in the divine garden of eden. violence and starvation are the faults of humans. it would be like arguing with your parents after being grounded, it wouldn't change anything, you would still be grounded. but i believe that when jesus comes, we will all have a second chance.

So because of the "sin" on two people, billions throughout time must suffer? Does this really sound like a loving god? Are you held responsible for the actions of your great grand dad?

#3- the people aren't innocent, sex before marriage is a sin, so is working on the sabbath, homosexuality, and disobeying your parents. innocence is not a factor, and it is those people's choice to be sinners. god demands that we kill sinners, ahey nd humans do kill sinners, but remember its the old testament those verses camhad faie from. sex before marriage was as bad as murder back then.

Your god demands we kill sinners? Are you sure you aren't a Muslim?

#4- in a time when god had shown himself, and when people sinned less and followed god, god had made himself known. miracles happen, and when people followed god, he helped them, because they had faith in him, and the faith was returned.

So I guess we just sin too much and have no faith. It seems your god is powerless without people bowing and scraping to him.

#5- GOD WANTED EQUALITY. it was people who had strayed from god who were proponents of slavery. adam and eve weren't proponents of slavery, it was other people who has STRAYED from god. god only thought sinners who had worshipped other gods deserved to be slaves.

Then why does Jesus say nothing against slavery. He could have set the record straight but he never mentions it. Paul just says that slaves should obey their masters.

#6- god has a plan for all of us, bad things happen so that good people can triumph over them, if every always went well, what would be the point of trying anything new?

But how often do bad things just end up causing harm instead? If I am killed in a car wreck, I don't learn anything from it.

#7- excuse me? the people who were healed died. you can't tell if someone was once blind from 6,000 or so year old bones. if wine was once water, you wouldn't be able to tell. jesus's body was left behind, and is believed to be found.

I think they might be talking about other things, like zombies at Jesus' death. No one outside of Matthew's gospel mentions dead people walking the streets.

#8- personally, i've seen jesus in my dreams and i feel him in my heart. obviously i cannot PROVE that to you, i can only tell you.

Personally, I've seen green six-legged giraffes in my dreams. I didn't try to convince anyone they were real.

But I bet the Jesus you saw in your dreams looked alot like the Anglo-Saxon Jesus portrayed in most pictures, right?

#9- bread and wine SYMBOLIZE the body and the blood. jesus didn't really want them to eat him. read up before you ask questions like that

Read up in GJohn were several of his disciples quit following him when he spoke of drinking blood and eating flesh. Even allegorical cannibalism is disgusting.

#10- people are people. you can't relate modern-day people to god, other than in the bible. obviously, people aren't god. and again, nobody's perfect. i don't see how this question relates to god's existence.

See boldened text...
If you are following God why can I still see you?

Offline StPatrick

• Reader
  • Darwins +2/-0
  • The patron saint of WWGHA
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2008, 07:13:25 PM »
Just want to add a couple of things:

Since you are 12, I will try to be nice .

Ditto, or at least nicer than usual.

And you haven't addressed the issue of God saying that "Ask and ye shall receive" but he never answers unambiguous prayers with a yes.

- If he wanted equality, why does he give rules for slaveholding? (Hint: it says nothing about how they have to be heathens.  Take a look at:
Exodus 21:32 - If an ox gores a slave, the owner of the ox must pay the owner of the slave 30 shekels of silver
Genesis 24:35 - God blessed Abraham by giving him lots of slaves.
Exodus 12:44 - But every man's servant that is bought for money...)
- You don't seem to get that a God that commanded slavery at any time and for any reason is an abomination.

#9- bread and wine SYMBOLIZE the body and the blood. jesus didn't really want them to eat him. read up before you ask questions like that

You're the one who needs to read up, kid.  Especially read about the origins of this "symbol."  Hint: start with the pagans.
If we come together and do not fight over religion, class and borders then we hold the key to a peaceful world. There are two possible futures in store; either a March of power and greed or a March of a unified human race.

Offline Ashe

• Reader
  • Darwins +10/-1
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2008, 06:43:46 PM »
I try not to pick on 12 year olds either. But there's one thing that sort of stuck out.

nobody's perfect, even god.

???

God isn't perfect?
2 miles!
"All men(humans )were demon possed and were planning to attack God. Just like if you talk back to your parents." - Failbag quote

Offline cwaabaa

« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2008, 01:29:48 AM »
hey, dont worry, most of these people are wankas

Sita

« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2008, 07:26:08 AM »
#9- bread and wine SYMBOLIZE the body and the blood. jesus didn't really want them to eat him. read up before you ask questions like that.

Ever heard of transubstantiation?  You might want to read up on that.

I try not to pick on 12 year olds either. But there's one thing that sort of stuck out.

nobody's perfect, even god.

???

God isn't perfect?

Yea this stuck out for me too.