Yeah, the videos are great, aren't they?
I wonder if you have any sense of if you have reached any believers and moved them
to wake up?
Yep. Some have deconverted and are in the forums here now. Some others have moderated their original ideas. Others, unfortunately, have remained as dogmatic as ever.
It has been my experience that it's like trying to prove 2+2=4 -- it's
so obvious, so basic, so axiomatic -- what do say when they just say "No it isn't,
the bible says its 5."?
Anyway, thanks for the fantastic site. Best wishes in all your endeavors.
Here's a list of other places you might want to check out;
* Ex-Christian - "This site is designed with the intention of encouraging ex-Christians, former Christians, de-converting Christians and other non-believers in the decision to live life based on rational thought rather than religious mythology." http://exchristian.net
* The WWGHA and GII web sites have other resources beyond the forums;
50 (51, 52, ...) simple proofs: http://godisimaginary.com
* The WWGHA short list of excellent pages; http://whywontgodhealamputees.com/rationalizations.htm http://whywontgodhealamputees.com/god5.htm http://whywontgodhealamputees.com/important.htm
* YouTube Video channels; http://whywontgodhealamputees.com/forums/index.php?topic=2078
* Atheism blogs, videos, and places to socialize; http://planetatheism.com
-- text blogs http://www.atheistnation.net http://atheistmedia.blogspot.com http://www.thinkatheist.com
-- many groups (new; 87 groups) http://www.atheistnexus.org
-- many more groups (established; 363 groups and many members)
* The Atheist Experience TV show; http://www.atheist-experience.com
-- Out of Austin TX with many back episodes http://www.atheist-experience.com/fans
-- The best short clips from the show
I've got a boatload of podcasts/RSS feeds if you listen to that stuff. Let me know what you're interested in, and I'll be glad to offer recommendations.