Author Topic: In responce to your video [#1010]  (Read 366 times)

Offline DL

In responce to your video [#1010]
« on: February 01, 2009, 06:10:47 PM »

1. Amputees DO get miracles. The accident that caused them to loose a limb could have very well killed them. They survived. Boom. Miracle.

2. God will not supply food. God will send help to send food.

3.God is not commanding we kill his people. Anything will sound bad taken out of context.

4. Anti-scientific nonsense? Were you personally there? Do you know for a fact these things didn't happen? Didn't think so.

5. God is not a proponent of slavery. The bible is speaking of what happened.

6. Why do Bad things happen to good people? The same reason bad things happen to BAD people. Bad things happen.

7. Jesus's miracles did in fact leave behind evidence. Believer like all of us. Also, heard of a little thing called the Bible? Evidence.

8.Jesus may not have appeared physically. But through our hearts and everyday actions, Jesus is speaking to us.

9.This question is hard to answer. It's all metaphorical. Huh, not so hard after all.

10.Chrisitians get divorced at the same rate becuase being a christian does not make you perfect. We all sin. Which is why Jesus died on the cross for us. Yeah, he DID die on the cross.

I don't want to have contact with you or anyone who thinks the way you do. So, I'm going to have to ask you not to respond if you are going to argue with me.

Offline Ambassador Pony

• You keep what you kill.
  • Administrator
  • Darwins +71/-4
  • illuminatus
Re: In responce to your video [#1010]
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2009, 06:33:16 PM »
Contacting someone is contact. That is why it is called "contacting" someone.

We'll certainly be of assistance, however, when we can program the email filter to bounce emails by ten year olds.

You believe evolution and there is no evidence for that. Where is the fossil record of a half man half ape. I've only ever heard about it in reading.

Offline Tails_155

• Reader
  • Darwins +1/-0
  • L!5
    • The Enigma Puzzle
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2009, 06:41:36 PM »
again, no bouncing :( I really like these

these show that sometimes we don't need to do a thing...
Live! Learn! Laugh! Love! Lead!

I'm not all analysis, I like art, too: See?

Offline Irish

• Fellow
  • Darwins +18/-0
  • Moraxella catarrhalis on BA
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2009, 09:47:39 PM »
3.God is not commanding we kill his people. Anything will sound bad taken out of context.

Apparently you haven't read your Bible.

4. Anti-scientific nonsense? Were you personally there? Do you know for a fact these things didn't happen? Didn't think so.

Were you personally there? Do you know for a fact these things did happen? Didn't think so.

Yeah, it works both ways.

And if it was written/inspired by God then the words came from Him.

7. Jesus's miracles did in fact leave behind evidence. Believer like all of us. Also, heard of a little thing called the Bible? Evidence.

The Bible is not evidence.  Anyone can write a work of fiction and claim whatever they want to claim.  It is simple minded people that believe in all this fanciful nonsense.

8.Jesus may not have appeared physically. But through our hearts and everyday actions, Jesus is speaking to us.

How do you know that is in fact Jesus?  Couldn't that more likely be your own internal thoughts, emotions, and conscience.

I don't want to have contact with you or anyone who thinks the way you do. So, I'm going to have to ask you not to respond if you are going to argue with me.

In otherwords: you view me as lower on the social totem pole simply because I am an atheist and my worldviews differ than those that you have.  You are probably close minded and won't have the gall to back up the very things you believe in.
La scienze non ha nemici ma gli ignoranti.

Offline Tails_155

• Reader
  • Darwins +1/-0
  • L!5
    • The Enigma Puzzle
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2009, 09:50:14 PM »
not to mention he was simply preaching, he didn't want a response unless it was "Oh, I understand now, you have saved me!"
Live! Learn! Laugh! Love! Lead!

I'm not all analysis, I like art, too: See?

Offline Vynn

• Reader
  • Darwins +1/-0
  • 1st an infidel, then a heretic, now an atheist!
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2009, 09:59:12 PM »
I don't want to have contact with you or anyone who thinks the way you do.

I don't want to have contact with you or people who think the way you do, but nearly 90% of the population thinks as you do. I have to seriously consider sometimes if i'm open and honest about being an atheist because of the way most people are biased against atheists. Fortunately for you, part of the 90% majority, yeah, you can probably pick and choose not to have contact with people who think like me. I'm in a small minority and you're in the majority. I guess that must be nice. Maybe someday when atheists are in the 90% majority i'll have the same luxury as you do now. What do you think? Should i then refuse to have contact with the 4% of people who are god-believers? Is that a mature thing of me to demand?

Also, since you presume to know how i 'think', in order to not be hypocritical, you've just allowed me to presume how you think. Why do you enjoy beating your wife?

So, I'm going to have to ask you not to respond if you are going to argue with me.

ROAR!! You only take responses from those who already agree with you!! That's rich!!

Offline xTigerx

• Reader
  • Darwins +0/-0
  • WWFSMD?
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2009, 10:38:49 PM »

1. Amputees DO get miracles. The accident that caused them to loose a limb could have very well killed them. They survived. Boom. Miracle.

The question isn't 'why don't amputees get miracles?' it's 'why won't god heal amputees?'

2. God will not supply food. God will send help to send food.

This God character sounds pretty lazy.  Or maybe he's just inept.

Go read the old testament.  It's pitiful that you're so ignorant of your own holy text.

Of course it's anti-scientific nonsense.  Men walking on water and rising from the dead don't happen in the real world.

Seems more like guidelines for a "favorable" slave-master relationship to me.  I'm not surprised that you think otherwise though...

6. Why do Bad things happen to good people? The same reason bad things happen to BAD people. Bad things happen.

Exactly.  Now where does God factor in?  Nowhere.  Why?  Because he doesn't exist.

Oh so the fact that people believe in something constitutes evidence?  Ever heard of circular reasoning?

They have diagnoses for people who hear voices.

9.This question is hard to answer. It's all metaphorical. Huh, not so hard after all.

Yea it's all metaphorical.  The ultimate answer to it all.  Why don't we just say the resurrection was metaphorical?  How about God?  Is he metaphorical too?

10.Chrisitians get divorced at the same rate becuase being a christian does not make you perfect. We all sin. Which is why Jesus died on the cross for us.

Well that's kind of ironic given that you consider non-believers below you.

Yeah, he DID die on the cross.

Nah, that was just a metaphor.

I don't want to have contact with you or anyone who thinks the way you do.

ooo...

So, I'm going to have to ask you not to respond if you are going to argue with me.

Scared of a little criticism are we?  Does someone have a God complex?
God, if you're real, show yourself.  ...still waiting...

Offline Agamemnon

• Fellow
  • Darwins +15/-0
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2009, 11:01:04 PM »
Oh, just go play with your magic nose goblins or whatever it is people like you do for fun.
So far as I can remember, there is not one word in the Gospels in praise of intelligence.  --Bertrand Russell