Author Topic: Sad [#966]  (Read 404 times)

Offline DL

Sad [#966]
« on: January 27, 2009, 11:57:53 PM »

You need somebody 2 teach you bout God. You seem 2 be so wrapped up in your own intelligence and logic, that you've lost the ability 2 have faith. I'm an intelligent person, however I am not so wrapped up in trying to prove that religion is false that I make myself incapable of faith.

Trusting in God is one of the foundational principles of Christianity. When you spend all your free time looking for ways to disprove God, you'll find them. In life you will ALWAYS find what you look for. I think that at some point in your life God let you down, and now you're incapable of trusting him so instead you try and shake the faith of others and ruin their lives the way your over-analytical, pompous know-it-all mindset has ruined yours.

Don't take the slightly rude and mean comment I just made alter your view of Christians. That wasn't intended to be mean, it was simply an observation I've made by seeing your videos.

One final comment, why do u feel a need 2 shake and destroy the faith of those that may view videos? If you don't believe that God is real, that's your eternal destiny to be damaged, but you shouldn't be a stumbling block to others. I'll pray for you.

Offline Hermes

• Professor
  • Darwins +2/-0
  • 1600 years of oppression ends; Zeus is worshiped.
Re: Sad [#966]
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2009, 12:29:21 AM »
One final comment, why do u feel a need 2 shake and destroy the faith of those that may view videos?

The short answer?  Clean up your mess.

The long answer;

I have noticed, as you may have as well, that there are Christians that do things in the name of Christianity that are negative.  Christians that promote bigotry and ignorance.  Christians that advocate actions that lead to harm and even death.  Christians that advocate not caring about this world and who want it to be destroyed in a polluted and fiery apocalypse.

If there were enough Christians that effectively dealt with those problems, I would not have any concerns.  Believe as you want.  As far as I would be concerned, the real world problems would be solved.

Unfortunately, that is not the world we are in.  Most Christians aren't doing nearly enough.   Many unfortunately are actively promoting these negative goals -- from paying money passively to going out and doing these negative actions themselves.  Some of the strongest advocates for those negative actions are the leaders and congregants of the larger Christian churches and organizations; this is not a problem with a few fringe groups or eccentric cult leaders.

Too many Christians not only do not take responsibility, they are leading the charge for these negative actions.  They justify bigotry and ignorance, they justify actions that result in the deaths of others that could be easily avoided.

As a responsible person, someone who cares about the world and the future of humanity, I have to act.  Even if it is not my fault that these Christians are doing harm, it is my responsibility to do something positive.  You can consider it a moral obligation.  If that means that I have to hold up a mirror so that my fellow humans look at what they believe, then I'll take that modest step.  Maybe that will be enough to drain the air out of some of those bad ideas?

My question to you is not what you believe, but what are you doing about the acts your fellow Christians perform in the name of Christianity that spread hate, bigotry, ignorance, pain, and death?
Smart people believe weird things because they are skilled at defending beliefs they arrived at for non-smart reasons. --Michael Shermer

The history of religion is a long attempt to reconcile old custom with new reason, to find a sound theory for an absurd practice.  --Sir James George Frazer

Offline Irish

• Fellow
  • Darwins +18/-0
  • Moraxella catarrhalis on BA
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2009, 12:45:01 AM »
You need somebody 2 teach you bout God.

You need somebody to teach you the English language.

You seem 2 be so wrapped up in your own intelligence and logic, that you've lost the ability 2 have faith

Faith is nothing more than your escape card when posed any tough questions on the validity of the existence of your god.  Faith is a means in which you allow the insanity we call religion to continue on in your mind even though you may have a series of doubts.  Faith is rubbish.

When you spend all your free time looking for ways to disprove God, you'll find them.

Hence, your god is fallible.

I think that at some point in your life God let you down

No, I just came to the realization that if your god does exist then he is nothing more than a mentally challenged kid who throws wild temper tantrums for anything and everything he doesn't like and demands his followers do his dirty work by commanding them to murder the people he doesn't approve of or like.  And He must be deaf because every prayer ever spoken by man has gone unanswered (or maybe He isn't deaf but just doesn't care).  And if your god does exist then he should be accountable for the grievous wrongdoings he has done.

One final comment, why do u feel a need 2 shake and destroy the faith of those that may view videos? If you don't believe that God is real, that's your eternal destiny to be damaged, but you shouldn't be a stumbling block to others. I'll pray for you.

In otherwords you're saying that I'm going to burn in hell... the classic trademark.
La scienze non ha nemici ma gli ignoranti.

Offline Airyaman

• Fellow
  • Darwins +17/-2
  • Alignment: True Neutral
    • Moving Beyond Faith
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2009, 05:01:43 AM »
Really, how much more work is involved in typing "to" versus "2"? Sloth is a sin.
If you are following God why can I still see you?

Offline Tails_155

• Reader
  • Darwins +1/-0
  • L!5
    • The Enigma Puzzle
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2009, 12:18:13 PM »
Really, how much more work is involved in typing "to" versus "2"? Sloth is a sin.

how hard are you pushing the keys? do you want that in joules?
Live! Learn! Laugh! Love! Lead!

I'm not all analysis, I like art, too: See?

Offline velkyn

• Laureate
  • Darwins +169/-6
  • You're wearing the juice, aren't you?"
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2009, 01:10:37 PM »
You need somebody 2 teach you bout God. You seem 2 be so wrapped up in your own intelligence and logic, that you've lost the ability 2 have faith. I'm an intelligent person, however I am not so wrapped up in trying to prove that religion is false that I make myself incapable of faith.
and you are the person to teach? someone who refuses to consider they are wrong?  You who keep yourself willfully ignorant?

Trusting in God is one of the foundational principles of Christianity. When you spend all your free time looking for ways to disprove God, you'll find them. In life you will ALWAYS find what you look for. I think that at some point in your life God let you down, and now you're incapable of trusting him so instead you try and shake the faith of others and ruin their lives the way your over-analytical, pompous know-it-all mindset has ruined yours.

I looked for God.  Didn't find him.  And pompous, knowitall mindset?  How the pot calls the kettle black. 

Don't take the slightly rude and mean comment I just made alter your view of Christians. That wasn't intended to be mean, it was simply an observation I've made by seeing your videos.
Ah, excusing yourself from your rude and mean comments.  You evidently thought they were mean since you yourself called them that.  Let me guess, you'll ask forgiveness from God later for your actions.  Just how does that work with an omniscient being that knows you didn't even try to stop yourself?

If their faith is so weak it can be damaged by videos, what kind of defense does God give them?  Nothing? 

Let me ask you, what do you think your prayers do?  Remind an omniscient being to do something?  Force an omnipotent being to do something?  Take away my choices? 

"There is no use in arguing with a man who can multiply anything by the square root of minus 1" - Pirates of Venus, ERB

http://clubschadenfreude.wordpress.com/

Offline singlecrochet

• Graduate
  • Darwins +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2009, 04:19:57 PM »

When you spend all your free time looking for ways to disprove God, you'll find them.

So, you're admitting you can disprove god?

So, then, why don't you spend some time proving god and then share what you find with us?
"All national institutions of churches, whether Jewish, Christian or Turkish, appear to me no other than human inventions, set up to terrify and enslave mankind, and monopolize power and profit."
Thomas Paine

"P.S. I pray God sees to it that you get presents this year." - Deelvrd