Author Topic: The big bang theory is bs!  (Read 21148 times)

Offline Godexists

• Graduate
  • Darwins +0/-65
  • WWGHA Member
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
Re: The big bang theory is bs!
« Reply #551 on: October 31, 2011, 09:07:02 PM »
You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink.  And looking over the content of Godexists's last post, it's obvious he's really not interested in actually having a discussion where both people learn something.

well, i would like to learn from you, but it seems you rather prefere to remain on superficiality, instead of answering my questions.......

For example, claiming that guilt is necessary for a conscience to exist even though we can't talk to animals to determine how they're feeling, nitpicking about the fruit of the Genesis tree not being an apple, repeating parts of his previous post almost verbatim, and the worst of all, continuing to pretend to himself that his own dark, nihilistic "a-God" ideas are the only things that make sense.

Its not my fault, if you are unable to a own, well backed up world view. Actually, you are only exposing how your world view does not pass the test, since you do not think and act acordingly.

Well, I can't stop him from lying to himself about stuff like that

well, i have shown you that chance is the worst possible answer to explain the fine tuning of the universe, and complex , specified information contained in dna. You dodged the question, arguing that i don't know about probability numbers... ridiculous. Any child understands that such probability numbers show and evidence  how chance is a bad answer. You have exposed clear enough, how biased you are, and regardless of how irrational your world view is, you are not willing to change . You prove, that atheism is not based on a rational, substantiated world view, but on will, on emotion, on the wish a powerful God not to exist, since he charges us about our sins. Since people are not willing to leave their sinful lifestyle, they wish God not to exist, and try to justify their wish with atheism. Unfortunately, its a failed world view. It does not pass any critical inquiry. It cannot be justified rationally.

, but I think I've rather thoroughly demonstrated just how flawed and faulty that sort of thinking really is

No, you have not. You have exposed your complete failure.

to an outside observer.  As far as it goes, I wish him luck in his life to come, and I hope he takes my words about trying to make things better in his country to heart.

My best contribution is to expose and confess my faith in Jesus Christ, and God the father, and the holy spirit, and his word, the bible  :)

Offline jetson

• Administrator
  • Darwins +170/-6
  • Meet George Jetson!
    • Jet Blog
« Reply #552 on: October 31, 2011, 09:18:13 PM »

My best contribution is to expose and confess my faith in Jesus Christ, and God the father, and the holy spirit, and his word, the bible  :)

godexists,

You are on a thin line here with what amounts to nothing short of preaching, which is against our forum rules.  That is why you are under a "watched" status.  I expect you to engage in conversation, and reply not just with disagreement, but with facts and evidence to support your assertions.  The members of this forum do not deserve to be treated this way after spending time and effort formulating replies that ARE backed up with evidence.  If your intentions are to continue replying in this way, then you might want to find a forum where everyone loves God, instead of a forum where most are quite skeptical, and have little reason to take your assertions as anything more than opinion.

Jetson

Offline Add Homonym

• Fellow
  • Darwins +221/-4
  • I can haz jeezusburger™
« Reply #553 on: October 31, 2011, 09:21:12 PM »

Okay, if we all have this inborn morality, why do we need parents, teachers, rules, laws, governments, police, (and/or religion, holy books, priests, shaman) to teach us right from wrong? We don't have to learn stuff that is really inborn, like feeling thirst or hunger.

If this inborn morality comes from one culture's god, why do cultures have different religions with different values, laws and rules?

You misunderstand.

In an atheist world, where there was no morality from God, you could walk up to a couple with a baby, and kill their baby in front of them, and then eat it. They would just smile at you, because that was not an "immoral" thing to do. You could also walk into someone's house and, while they were watching TV, you could rape the woman, and then afterwards, you could steal their TV. They would be OK with that, and would let you walk out the door, unless the male had a random impulse to kill you, purely because he was hungry.

If morality comes from God, then you know things are unjust, because of the hatred you feel when someone does something against you. That hatred and vengeance is what comes from God. That's why the LORD saith "vengeance is mine".

This strong feeling of injustice, which exists in every sentient animal, and is necessary for their survival; which arguably comes from God, (since evolution isn't real); this is what needs to be tempered in schools and education.

Morals mean that it's OK to slay a whole village, because someone spat upon you. Someone spits upon you; you feel anger and hate (from God), so you want blood. If someone steals from you, you want their hands chopped off. Morality is the hatred, spite, vengeance, and punishment; it is not an absolute knowledge of what constitutes proper behaviour. I can know what proper behaviour is, but in an non-God world, I would not have spite to enforce the moral code. I would forgive everything.

School and training is necessary to temper the 3 year old's impulse to slay whole villages, because someone took a toy from them.

I hope this clears things up for you.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2011, 09:29:59 PM by Add Homonym »
Humans, in general, don't waste any opportunity to be unfathomably stupid - Dr Cynical.

Offline Godexists

• Graduate
  • Darwins +0/-65
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #554 on: October 31, 2011, 09:30:56 PM »

Okay, if we all have this inborn morality, why do we need parents, teachers, rules, laws, governments, police, (and/or religion, holy books, priests, shaman) to teach us right from wrong? We don't have to learn stuff that is really inborn, like feeling thirst or hunger.

If you touch a stove, you will feel pain. Despite this, you need to teach your child, that its risky to touch a stove. Despite the fact, that if it touches it, it will feel pain. Same with conscience.

If this inborn morality comes from one culture's god, why do cultures have different religions with different values, laws and rules?

But you wont find a culture, where it is highly praised to kill others, or steal, or cheat, or betray. Its a general understanding, that these things are bad behavior.

Why are there sociopaths and psychopaths in every society who seem to have no inborn sense of morality? The Hitlers, the Pol Pots, the Idi Amins who grow up right alongside people who do follow the moral rules, but who feel no guilt from killing or hurting others. Did god forget to put the morality in some people, like leaving the salt out of the stew?

its possible to kill the conscience inside of someone.

It seems that a lot of very religious societies have tons of social problems--Brazil with all the unpunished murderers is highly Catholic, for example.

to be religious is one thing. To be a born again  christian, which follows christ seriously, and does his will, is however quit different.

hy is it that people in Denmark, Norway and Canada somehow manage to behave in a civil manner without paying much attention to religion, but church-going, bible-reading Christians in the US lie, cheat, steal, screw and shoot each other like god ain't even looking?

well, these christians in the us. might not have understood well the message of the bible.... who is to blame for that ?

And finally, how did the thousands of pre-modern societies in Europe, Africa, Asia, the Pacific and the Americas manage to thrive for centuries without believing in the particular god that the bible talks about?

maibe trough their innate conscience ?

Offline Godexists

• Graduate
  • Darwins +0/-65
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #555 on: October 31, 2011, 09:33:22 PM »

godexists,

You are on a thin line here with what amounts to nothing short of preaching, which is against our forum rules.

i was explaining in regard of my contribution to brazilian society, not at this forum. You''ll do well watching me  ;) may you learn something ??!!!

Offline Astreja

• Fellow
  • Darwins +265/-3
  • Agnostic goddess with Clue-by-Four™
    • The Springy Goddess
« Reply #556 on: October 31, 2011, 09:38:30 PM »
If you touch a stove, you will feel pain. Despite this, you need to teach your child, that its risky to touch a stove. Despite the fact, that if it touches it, it will feel pain. Same with conscience.

Ah, the "hot stove" analogy.  May I recommend that you read a little essay that I wrote a few months ago?

Hell is an Unattended Stove? (at ExChristian.net)
Reality Checkroom — Not Responsible for Lost Articles

Offline 12 Monkeys

• Fellow
  • Darwins +105/-11
  • Dii hau dang ijii
« Reply #557 on: October 31, 2011, 10:11:54 PM »
1 Samuel said to Saul, “I am the one the LORD sent to anoint you king over his people Israel; so listen now to the message from the LORD. 2 This is what the LORD Almighty says: ‘I will punish the Amalekites for what they did to Israel when they waylaid them as they came up from Egypt. 3 Now go, attack the Amalekites and totally destroy  everything that belongs to them. Do not spare them; put to death men and women, children and infants, cattle and sheep, camels and donkeys.’

Yes. do you know why God commanded the Jews to do so ?
You said you dont kill babies for joy,but you do it by command,so the fact that there is NO joy in it its ok?
The morals of God are superiour and you should obey his command??? ....now go out there and start killing those who work the Sabbath. God commands this of you!!!
There's no right there's no wrong,there's just popular opinion (Brad Pitt as Jeffery Goines in 12 monkeys)

Offline Add Homonym

• Fellow
  • Darwins +221/-4
« Reply #558 on: October 31, 2011, 10:27:59 PM »
Theologically, morality comes from Satan. World religion is typically an attempt to moderate our instinct for retribution, and create balance.

Evolution gives us excess morality which has to be constrained. It's why my inbox has chain emails full of hate against immigrants, Islam and homosexuality.
Humans, in general, don't waste any opportunity to be unfathomably stupid - Dr Cynical.

Offline jetson

• Administrator
  • Darwins +170/-6
  • Meet George Jetson!
    • Jet Blog
« Reply #559 on: October 31, 2011, 10:29:27 PM »

godexists,

You are on a thin line here with what amounts to nothing short of preaching, which is against our forum rules.

i was explaining in regard of my contribution to brazilian society, not at this forum. You''ll do well watching me  ;) may you learn something ??!!!

The wink did not help.  You may PM me to convince me that you should not be fully moderated.

Offline Add Homonym

• Fellow
  • Darwins +221/-4
« Reply #560 on: October 31, 2011, 10:35:48 PM »
Hey, I just developed a cogent argument that morality comes from Satan, and nobody noticed.

Offline Astreja

• Fellow
  • Darwins +265/-3
  • Agnostic goddess with Clue-by-Four™
    • The Springy Goddess
« Reply #561 on: October 31, 2011, 11:29:05 PM »
Hey, I just developed a cogent argument that morality comes from Satan, and nobody noticed.

Sorry; I was downstairs packing My lunch for the morrow and mediating a turf war between a couple of tabby cats.

(reads argument)  Já; it makes good sense.  Why would a religion have to teach morality if it were inborn and/or bestowed upon mortals by a god?  Also consider that the OT commandments are phrased mostly as negatives:  Do not kill; do not steal...

For something that supposedly came from a god, they spend an awful lot of time trying to undo it...
Reality Checkroom — Not Responsible for Lost Articles

Offline jaimehlers

• Fellow
  • Darwins +563/-17
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #562 on: October 31, 2011, 11:49:45 PM »
well, i would like to learn from you, but it seems you rather prefere to remain on superficiality, instead of answering my questions.......
No, it's pretty obvious you aren't interested despite what you may say now.  One of the ways you demonstrate a willingness to learn is to actually listen to what a person says and to think seriously about it so that you can contribute meaningfully to the conversation.  Instead, you've been consistently taking apart and nitpicking my paragraphs and even sentences in an evident effort not to listen, but to prove that my opinions are wrong and yours are right.  That's no way to express a willingness to learn.  Even the most patient person in the world gets tired of that sort of attitude eventually.  And you may note that while I disagreed with you quite strongly, I made a serious effort to try to answer your questions from my perspective.  And if you made a good point, or if I was wrong about something, I tried to acknowledge that as well.

Quote from: Godexists
Its not my fault, if you are unable to a own, well backed up world view. Actually, you are only exposing how your world view does not pass the test, since you do not think and act acordingly.
It's things like this that give the lie to your statement of being interested in learning.  After several days of discussion, and having multiple people tell you otherwise, you're still persisting in the idea that someone who disagrees with you must really have the worldview you think they should have, instead of taking the time to find out what their worldview actually is.  That attitude is about the most selfish way to conduct yourself in a discussion, because you end up making it about you being right, instead of whatever was actually being discussed.

well, i have shown you that chance is the worst possible answer to explain the fine tuning of the universe, and complex , specified information contained in dna. You dodged the question, arguing that i don't know about probability numbers... ridiculous. Any child understands that such probability numbers show and evidence  how chance is a bad answer. You have exposed clear enough, how biased you are, and regardless of how irrational your world view is, you are not willing to change . You prove, that atheism is not based on a rational, substantiated world view, but on will, on emotion, on the wish a powerful God not to exist, since he charges us about our sins. Since people are not willing to leave their sinful lifestyle, they wish God not to exist, and try to justify their wish with atheism. Unfortunately, its a failed world view. It does not pass any critical inquiry. It cannot be justified rationally.
No, you haven't shown any of this.  You've shown that you don't really understand the nature of probability and chance, and you showed it again here, by saying that you understand probability numbers and that any child can understand how they prove or disprove something.  Probability is not something that a person can just assume they understand because it seems obvious.  Do you even know what the most basic mistake most people make about randomness is?  I'm going to list two sets of 10 numbers, and I want you to tell me which you think is the one I actually rolled a dice to determine, and one of the reasons why you thought the other set was not.  If you really do understand probability as well as you claim to, this should be quite simple for you.

6, 2, 4, 6, 2, 3, 3, 6, 3, 1.
3, 5, 2, 1, 6, 3, 2, 4, 5, 1.

No, you have not. You have exposed your complete failure.
I wish I could say I was surprised at this Parthian shot (in fairness, I was a bit Parthian in my previous response as well, and the fact that I was a bit frustrated at continuing to get told virtually the same things you've been saying all along is no good excuse).  You might want to consider the fact that saying, "no, you completely failed" in response to someone who's clearly quitting an argument is perhaps not the best way to act if you think you were right about something

If you would prefer to focus on your religion instead of another kind of contribution to your society, that is your decision.

Offline 12 Monkeys

• Fellow
  • Darwins +105/-11
  • Dii hau dang ijii
« Reply #563 on: November 01, 2011, 12:26:41 AM »
^^^ you are giving him a 50% chance of guessing right,but if he does what then?
There's no right there's no wrong,there's just popular opinion (Brad Pitt as Jeffery Goines in 12 monkeys)

Offline caveat_imperator

• Undergraduate
  • Darwins +6/-0
« Reply #564 on: November 01, 2011, 01:33:18 AM »
may you learn something ??!!!
You first. ;)
You can't prove a negative of an existence postulate.

Offline Godexists

• Graduate
  • Darwins +0/-65
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #565 on: November 01, 2011, 05:28:03 AM »

Ah, the "hot stove" analogy.  May I recommend that you read a little essay that I wrote a few months ago?

Hell is an Unattended Stove? (at ExChristian.net)

First of all, there's an implicit assumption that an individual will have an actual choice to go to either the Nice Place or the Not-So-Nice place, somehow overriding the Divine Will of the omnipotent and omniscient Biblegod.

God is not omnipotent. Unless you define what omnipotence means.

Oh, and did I mention that the Parent is standing just footsteps away, washing dishes in the sink?

Ezekiel 18

21 “But if a wicked person turns away from all the sins they have committed and keeps all my decrees and does what is just and right, that person will surely live; they will not die. 22 None of the offenses they have committed will be remembered against them. Because of the righteous things they have done, they will live. 23 Do I take any pleasure in the death of the wicked? declares the Sovereign LORD. Rather, am I not pleased when they turn from their ways and live?

24 “But if a righteous person turns from their righteousness and commits sin and does the same detestable things the wicked person does, will they live? None of the righteous things that person has done will be remembered. Because of the unfaithfulness they are guilty of and because of the sins they have committed, they will die.

25 “Yet you say, ‘The way of the Lord is not just.’ Hear, you Israelites: Is my way unjust? Is it not your ways that are unjust? 26 If a righteous person turns from their righteousness and commits sin, they will die for it; because of the sin they have committed they will die. 27 But if a wicked person turns away from the wickedness they have committed and does what is just and right, they will save their life. 28 Because they consider all the offenses they have committed and turn away from them, that person will surely live; they will not die. 29 Yet the Israelites say, ‘The way of the Lord is not just.’ Are my ways unjust, people of Israel? Is it not your ways that are unjust?

Rather than let the child put its hand into the stove, and burn itself, God would prefere himself to burn, to save his child. That happened through Jesus Christ on the cross, who did die the death we all deserved because of our sins. And this message has reached that far, that even you, now, can know that you are on a highway to hell, but God loved you so much, that he did everything , so that you could be saved to go there. Despite this, you prefere ignore his offer of salvation, and still want to acuse God of sending us to hell ?

You might for correctness sake include in your analogy, that the father and mom did warn explicitely that their child should not come even close to the stove.......
God has warned us in regard of the risk of going to hell, and has presented us a solution. How can he be blamed, if you ignore his gospel ?

Offline Godexists

• Graduate
  • Darwins +0/-65
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #566 on: November 01, 2011, 05:29:10 AM »
Since you UNJUSTLY think i need to be moderated, this is my last post at this forum !! You guys do not deserve christians to debate at this forum. Really sad for you......

anyone that wants to continue debate with me, can do it at exchristians net. forum

http://www.ex-christian.net/topic/48701-please-present-the-best-explanation-for-our-existence/

And. No moderator. I don't have to convince you about anything. You should perceive by yourself that i was not preaching..... your BIAS is evident.....
« Last Edit: November 01, 2011, 06:21:17 AM by Godexists »

Offline C

• Graduate
  • Darwins +26/-0
  • Counter-Theist Taskforce
« Reply #567 on: November 01, 2011, 05:45:55 AM »
You should perceive by yourself that i was not preaching..... your BIAS is evident.....

Ezekiel 18

21 “But if a wicked person turns away from all the sins they have committed and keeps all my decrees and does what is just and right, that person will surely live; they will not die. 22 None of the offenses they have committed will be remembered against them. Because of the righteous things they have done, they will live. 23 Do I take any pleasure in the death of the wicked? declares the Sovereign LORD. Rather, am I not pleased when they turn from their ways and live?

24 “But if a righteous person turns from their righteousness and commits sin and does the same detestable things the wicked person does, will they live? None of the righteous things that person has done will be remembered. Because of the unfaithfulness they are guilty of and because of the sins they have committed, they will die.

25 “Yet you say, ‘The way of the Lord is not just.’ Hear, you Israelites: Is my way unjust? Is it not your ways that are unjust? 26 If a righteous person turns from their righteousness and commits sin, they will die for it; because of the sin they have committed they will die. 27 But if a wicked person turns away from the wickedness they have committed and does what is just and right, they will save their life. 28 Because they consider all the offenses they have committed and turn away from them, that person will surely live; they will not die. 29 Yet the Israelites say, ‘The way of the Lord is not just.’ Are my ways unjust, people of Israel? Is it not your ways that are unjust?

Rather than let the child put its hand into the stove, and burn itself, God would prefere himself to burn, to save his child. That happened through Jesus Christ on the cross, who did die the death we all deserved because of our sins. And this message has reached that far, that even you, now, can know that you are on a highway to hell, but God loved you so much, that he did everything , so that you could be saved to go there. Despite this, you prefere ignore his offer of salvation, and still want to acuse God of sending us to hell ?

Above: Preaching.

Good riddance I say. Waste of time and effort.
The Second C

Offline jetson

• Administrator
  • Darwins +170/-6
  • Meet George Jetson!
    • Jet Blog
« Reply #568 on: November 01, 2011, 05:47:48 AM »
Since you UNJUSTLY think i need to be moderated, this is my last post at this forum !! You guys do not deserve christians to debate at this forum. Really sad for you......

anyone that wants to continue debate with me, can do it at exchristians net. forum

And. No moderator. I don't have to convince you about anything. You should perceive by yourself that i was not preaching..... your BIAS is evident.....

No one forced you to register at this forum.  And no one is stopping you from participating except yourself.  We have plenty of Christians who follow the forum rules, and who manage to participate without the drama.  The fact that you have chosen to leave, and claim persecution, shows that you are not interested in working within the rules, like all of the other members.

The offer to PM me and work this out remains, the rest is up to you.

Jetson

Offline ungod

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +15/-9
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #569 on: November 01, 2011, 06:04:33 AM »
God is not omnipotent. Unless you define what omnipotence means.
Inability to defeat Iron Chariots?

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Reason is a whore, the greatest enemy that faith has.
Faith must trample under foot all reason, sense, and understanding. - Martin Luther

"What good fortune for those in power that people do not think." - Hitler

Offline plethora

• Fellow
  • Darwins +60/-1
  • Metalhead, Family Man, IT Admin & Anti-Theist \m/
« Reply #570 on: November 01, 2011, 06:07:43 AM »
Did we hurt GE's wittle feewings? Well boo-fucking-hoo. Cry me a river.

Playing the persecution card is the theist's last resort.
The truth doesn't give a shit about our feelings.

Offline ungod

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +15/-9
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #571 on: November 01, 2011, 06:11:47 AM »
explain the fine tuning of the universe,
Hard to believe, isn't it, that there are people who ACTUALLY BELIEVE that polar bears ADAPTED to arctic conditions, and penguins to Antarctica!
Anyone with an ounce of intelligence can readily see that that the Arctic was FINE TUNED for polar bears, likewise Antarctica was FINE TUNED for penguins.
Sheesh.  ;)
Faith must trample under foot all reason, sense, and understanding. - Martin Luther

Offline ungod

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +15/-9
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #572 on: November 01, 2011, 07:43:39 AM »

ROTFLMAO! Debate? Does that mean sitting in a pew listening to your sermons?  :laugh:

Quoting endless bible verses is NOT preaching, it's EDUCATIONAL!  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Offline Historicity

• Reader
  • Darwins +80/-2
  • (Rama, avatar of Vishnu)
« Reply #573 on: November 01, 2011, 07:56:08 AM »
Ezekiel 18

21 “But if a wicked person turns away from all the sins they have committed and keeps all my

24 “But if a righteous person turns from their righteousness and commits sin and does the same

25 “Yet you say, ‘The way of the Lord is not just.’ Hear, you Israelites: Is my way unjust? Is it not
The advice of a  schizophrene who later "sold out to the Establishment" and became a court sycophant making prophecies to coddle a pagan king have a certain effect on me.  Bemusement.

Offline jaimehlers

• Fellow
  • Darwins +563/-17
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #574 on: November 01, 2011, 09:22:28 AM »
Guess we're done here, unless jtp56 would like to continue in Godexists's place.

Offline Truth OT

• Reader
  • Darwins +88/-7
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #575 on: November 01, 2011, 12:20:24 PM »

(reads argument)  Já; it makes good sense.  Why would a religion have to teach morality if it were inborn and/or bestowed upon mortals by a god?  Also consider that the OT commandments are phrased mostly as negatives:  Do not kill; do not steal...

For something that supposedly came from a god, they spend an awful lot of time trying to undo it...

Perhaps the morality program, "The Force", initially breathed into man by God had some deficiencies. Some would make a case that for generations no legal code that was designed to point out sin and immorality existed because man was expected to be innately right with the capability to actually be perfect. But, through the course of time, mankind's "heart" turned to the darkside forsaking the force of good within him. This unforseen development prompted man's maker to reevaluate his decision to make man and he then decided to eradicate both man and the beasts he created to be under the ward of man. Luckily for man, there was a man, Gilgames..., I mean Noah that was found to still be in tune with the force, so instead of eradicating all things man-ocentric, the creator choose to TRY to wipe out everything that had turned to the darkside, (but apparently some of the giant's he wished to destroy managed to have their decendants survive the deluge).

Time progressed, and after I don't know, a millenium or so the creator got a sense of deja vu' as he noticed the influence of the darkside again becoming pervasive, even among the decendants of his chosen patriarch. Since the creator had made a promise to Gilga, I mean Noa to not send another deluge to destroy man, he this time chose to give a law to the decendants of his chosen patriarch to help them identify sin and stay holy so that his grand plan to once and for all defeat the darkside could come to fruition through them.

Here's some background for the act of creation the creator undertook........

Long, long ago, before time in this universe began, time came to an end in another universe. Miraculously, a being known as JAH who was a great teacher was able to somehow survive the demise of his universe and he managed to save some of his most loyal students as well. For a while they existed in a virtual vacuum until it dawned on JAH that he could utilize the "stuff" that managed to come through with his group to create another universe with life.

Most of his host of students were excited about the prospect and were anxious to help JAH git er done, but one particular student that was like a son to JAH had some reservations. He felt that if they were able to survive, so could some of what was the impetus for the destruction of their universe which they called dark energon. His fear was that soon they may all become infected by it and that any life that they would create would as well ultimately making JAH's creation endevour an exercise in futility. JAH understood, but ultimately disagreed and argued that sentient life through the use of a program he'd instill called The Force, could resist the effects and influence of dark energon.

Long story short, JAH and some of his host of students created a nearly immeasurably dense singularity from the "stuff" they had access to and prompted it to expand and permeate throughout the vast nothingness. In the course of time they worked together to fine tune the universe as they were moved within it by its constant expansion until JAH and the gang came to a planet that had formed that seemed to be a perfect fit for him to engineer life forms. It took them some time, (6 whole days to be exact), but after much effort they had succeeded in creating life and making this world habitable. JAH's crowning acheivement came near the end of day six much to the chagrin of some of his students, especially the one that had objected to the creation process in the 1st place. JAH wished to create a creature called man in the very image and likeness that he and his students had in the previously destroyed universe and JAH wished to have man have dominion over all the rest of creation. This student immediately objected and argued again that creation was a mistake and high level sentient beings could not exist without eventually corrupting all they encounter causing eventual destruction and mayhem. But JAH objected, arguing back that the Force program he created would not let that happen. The student didn't buy it, and asked that JAH create a testing ground for man before unleashing man on the newly created world to see how man would respond. JAH agreed, and after offering this student and the student's supporters access to the force, (which they refused thinking it would be ineffective), JAH created a garden and formed man from the dust in the midst of the paradise garden only to then realize that dark energon had born fruit on one of the trees in the midst of the garden. In response, JAH quarantened it and instructed the newly created man to not partake of the fruit thereof else he feared that the man as well as all else would eventually surely die as a result of the man's act of partaking of the fruit starting the very day the man would partake. 

Offline Historicity

• Reader
  • Darwins +80/-2
  • (Rama, avatar of Vishnu)
« Reply #576 on: November 01, 2011, 12:46:43 PM »
It was Utnapishtim who built the boat in the Epic of Gilgamesh.  For his service, he was granted immortality in a secret garden called Dilmun.  Gilgamesh, a warrior on a quest, visited him for advice.  That's how they became associated.

Offline Truth OT

• Reader
  • Darwins +88/-7
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #577 on: November 01, 2011, 01:21:03 PM »
It was Utnapishtim who built the boat in the Epic of Gilgamesh.  For his service, he was granted immortality in a secret garden called Dilmun.  Gilgamesh, a warrior on a quest, visited him for advice.  That's how they became associated.

Semantics, semantics.................

Here's the rest of the story.
After the creation and instillation of man in the paradise garden, the student of JAH was livid and beckoned JAH with a warning that all this would end badly and that the very man that JAH created and loved would grow to hate and despise him when the darkside had taken effect. JAH though, being so enamoured with what he had wrought dismissed the ideas of the student who came to be know as Satan due to his adverse stance against the creation of man. He vowed to prove to his mentor and bellowed teacher that man was easily corrupted and that making him was a bad idea that he'd ultimately regret. So he used his knowledge to cause one of the animals in the paradise with the man to manipulate the female JAH made, against Satan's advice, to be a companion for the man. She took the bait and soon persuaded the man to partake along with her of the fruit of dark energon.
The consumption of the tainted fruit caused the man and his companion to begin an internal struggle where the effects of dark energon and The Force put in them by JAH did constant battle giving rise to conflict that the man previously would never had thought of. The man began to wonder if it was wrong to look at horses the way he did, if it was wrong to take pleasure in watching a velocer raptor lick the "pleasure area" of his companion, and if it was wrong for him to be naked and unashamed. Such dilemmas, what was the man to do?!

Offline Gnu Ordure

• Fellow
  • Darwins +109/-9
« Reply #578 on: November 01, 2011, 02:42:49 PM »
Rats. I never got the answer to my single question about Hitler evading justice by repenting.

I shall store it away for a later date.  8)

Offline nogodsforme

• Professor
  • Darwins +888/-6
  • Jehovah's Witness Protection Program
« Reply #579 on: November 01, 2011, 04:05:36 PM »

But you wont find a culture, where it is highly praised to kill others, or steal, or cheat, or betray. Its a general understanding, that these things are bad behavior.

Why are there sociopaths and psychopaths in every society who seem to have no inborn sense of morality? The Hitlers, the Pol Pots, the Idi Amins who grow up right alongside people who do follow the moral rules, but who feel no guilt from killing or hurting others. Did god forget to put the morality in some people, like leaving the salt out of the stew?

its possible to kill the conscience inside of someone.

It seems that a lot of very religious societies have tons of social problems--Brazil with all the unpunished murderers is highly Catholic, for example.

to be religious is one thing. To be a born again  christian, which follows christ seriously, and does his will, is however quit different.

hy is it that people in Denmark, Norway and Canada somehow manage to behave in a civil manner without paying much attention to religion, but church-going, bible-reading Christians in the US lie, cheat, steal, screw and shoot each other like god ain't even looking?

well, these christians in the us. might not have understood well the message of the bible.... who is to blame for that ?

And finally, how did the thousands of pre-modern societies in Europe, Africa, Asia, the Pacific and the Americas manage to thrive for centuries without believing in the particular god that the bible talks about?

maibe trough their innate conscience ?
1) The ability to feel pain is inborn. You don't have to teach a child to feel pain. You do have to teach the child that certain things, if done, will cause pain. You are arguing that we don't need to be taught to feel guilt, because when we do certain things we will feel bad because god put that feeling there. Well you must not have ever been around any two-year old kids....they don't feel bad about hitting another kid or taking another kid's toy until they are taught empathy.

2) The things that every society thinks are bad are things that endanger the entire group's ability to survive. Societies are remarkable in their ability to survive for centuries while happily practicing or angrily forbidding polygamy, monogamy, child marriage, elderly marriage, gay marriage, ritual cannibalism, human sacrifice, capital punishment, corporal punishment, slavery, nudity, non-violence, polytheism, animism, atheism, vegetarianism, etc, regardless of any other society's religious views....where does that innate sense of what is right or wrong come from again?

3) You can kill someone's conscience? How do you kill something that god put inside of you? Why would god let that happen?

4) Ah. The Christians who do bad things are not real Christians, cause Christians don't do bad things. Scotsman anyone?  Christians in the US don't understand the bible, cause if they did they would not do bad things.

Do good atheists understand the bible better than bad Christians? Or are the atheists who do good things not real atheists? You of course ignored the part about non-religious societies like Japan and Sweden being healthier, safer and more peaceful than the ones actively trying to be religious like the US and Brazil...sucks when reality doesn't agree with your worldview

Whatev.

edit: Oh well, that was a waste of typing. He's gone like so many before him.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2011, 04:07:46 PM by nogodsforme »
Extraordinary claims of the bible don't even have ordinary evidence.

Kids aren't paying attention most of the time in science classes so it seems silly to get worked up over ID being taught in schools.