Author Topic: Nested Quotes Advice  (Read 2287 times)

Offline Inactive_1

• Emergency Room
  • Darwins +10/-2
Nested Quotes Advice
« on: January 25, 2009, 09:51:55 PM »
Please don't do deeply nested quotes as in the example post below - it isn't necessary and clutters the thread -

Example

Please respond only to selected parts individually. There is no need to post over again what has already been said.

Offline Inactive_1

• Emergency Room
  • Darwins +10/-2
Re: Nested Quotes Advice
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2009, 06:28:42 PM »
Bump - seeing this problem again lately. Please take notice.

Only quote that which you want to directly respond to. Anything else has already been typed and available in the thread to read by everyone. Quoting too much makes the thread cumbersome and hard to scroll through.

Offline Inactive_1

• Emergency Room
  • Darwins +10/-2
Nested Big Block Quotes - My pet peeve
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2009, 09:36:34 AM »
I'm seeing this more and more and it's a very lazy way to respond to someone else's points and it takes up valuable vertical space in the thread. You need to break up the points you want to respond to and take the time to do it right and respond to the individual points - not an entire big block of nested quotes. There is no reason to re-post everything again as it is already in the thread for people to read.

Break up the points or just say - Mr. Smith, I respond to your previous points as follows ...

Take more time and break up these Big Blocks. I'm going Big Block hunting for these today and I'll be inserting modbreaks wherever I see them.

Also, please review this -

How to Quote/Respond Properly

Offline Inactive_1

• Emergency Room
  • Darwins +10/-2
Re: Nested Big Block Quotes - My pet peeve
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2009, 08:07:36 AM »
This message isn't getting through to some folks. I will have to go hunting again today ...