Author Topic: Think about what will happen when you die. Cause it will happen. [#928]  (Read 1359 times)

Offline Ambassador Pony

• You keep what you kill.
  • Administrator
  • Darwins +71/-4
  • illuminatus
Re: Think about what will happen when you die. Cause it will happen. [#928]
« Reply #29 on: January 20, 2009, 06:29:08 AM »
I think this individual gets the self-fulfilling prophesy award. I am glad I was exactly what he expected I was, despite not having behaved that way at all.
You believe evolution and there is no evidence for that. Where is the fossil record of a half man half ape. I've only ever heard about it in reading.

Offline Hermes

• Professor
  • Darwins +2/-0
  • 1600 years of oppression ends; Zeus is worshiped.
« Reply #30 on: January 20, 2009, 07:34:16 AM »
I think this individual gets the self-fulfilling prophesy award. I am glad I was exactly what he expected I was, despite not having behaved that way at all.

The reality distortion field was quite stunning -- either that, or they intentionally lied.
Smart people believe weird things because they are skilled at defending beliefs they arrived at for non-smart reasons. --Michael Shermer

The history of religion is a long attempt to reconcile old custom with new reason, to find a sound theory for an absurd practice.  --Sir James George Frazer

Offline blue_spiral

• Graduate
  • Darwins +1/-0
  • She died in ecstasy, with her eyes wide open
« Reply #31 on: January 20, 2009, 04:58:30 PM »

"I believe that you dont believe in god because you are afraid of death, because you don't know it well enough."

When I was a believer I was terrified of death because I "didn't know it well enough." I knew what the bible said, I knew what my church leaders said, but there were so many inconsistencies etc that confused me, I didn't know where the heck I was going to go.

Now, because I've actually considered those scriptures and doctrines from both sides, I assume that whatever happens when I die, it's not going to be as bad as I thought it was. And I'm a lot less afraid of death.
"i dont delete them becAUSE IT PROVES ME WRONG I DELETE THEM BECAUSE IT MAKES U LOOK LIKE AN DIOT AND? IM TRYING TO HELP YOU,THE ONLY THING U PROVED IS THAT UR GOING TO HELL " - A Christian on youtube who kept deleting my comments during a debate.

Offline Dragnet

• Reader
  • Darwins +0/-0
  • iustus res "We just want the facts"
« Reply #32 on: January 21, 2009, 07:27:41 AM »
I believe that you dont believe in god because you are afraid of death, because you don't know it well enough.

Indeed one of the many problems with this is, it is not true for may of us. I no longer fear death.
When I believed, I was very afraid to die. I was constantly scare that something I said or did would get me a punishment.
I knew what being punished by my father was like and I just could not stomach the idea of what I would have to endure.

I do not fear any longer.

I do not want to die but that is a different animal all together.
I am responsible with my actions NOW so I don't HAVE to be responsible for them later.

Offline Tails_155

• Reader
  • Darwins +1/-0
  • L!5
    • The Enigma Puzzle
« Reply #33 on: January 21, 2009, 09:21:42 AM »
I fear death, but not for me; for those I care about, I want them to be fine, and I know that my death would adversely affect them...
Live! Learn! Laugh! Love! Lead!

I'm not all analysis, I like art, too: See?

Offline singlecrochet

• Graduate
  • Darwins +0/-0
« Reply #34 on: January 22, 2009, 02:30:59 PM »
That's exactly where I'm at, Tails.  It scares me tremendously to think of the "hell" on earth my family and friends would have to go through if my death was premature.  Hopefully I'll make it to a ripe old age so when it is my time, I won't be tremendously missed or needed by that time.
"All national institutions of churches, whether Jewish, Christian or Turkish, appear to me no other than human inventions, set up to terrify and enslave mankind, and monopolize power and profit."
Thomas Paine

"P.S. I pray God sees to it that you get presents this year." - Deelvrd

Offline Tails_155

• Reader
  • Darwins +1/-0
  • L!5
    • The Enigma Puzzle
« Reply #35 on: January 22, 2009, 05:59:02 PM »
That's exactly where I'm at, Tails.  It scares me tremendously to think of the "hell" on earth my family and friends would have to go through if my death was premature.  Hopefully I'll make it to a ripe old age so when it is my time, I won't be tremendously missed or needed by that time.

by then you have younger generations, though. I miss my great grandfather
Live! Learn! Laugh! Love! Lead!

I'm not all analysis, I like art, too: See?