Author Topic: one last thing. [#943]  (Read 469 times)

Offline DL

one last thing. [#943]
« on: January 18, 2009, 08:38:13 PM »
You say in most your videos that an intelligent, normal human being could rationalize that God isn't real. But did you know that Einstein himself knew there was a God? But he could not have faith in Him, for the same reasons you do. Check it out.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVn4fNlu980&feature=related[/youtube]

Offline none

• Fellow
  • Darwins +11/-4
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
Re: one last thing. [#943]
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2009, 08:45:01 PM »
somebody get to the puch line/premise of this video please.
a one liner preferably.

Offline none

• Fellow
  • Darwins +11/-4
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2009, 08:47:52 PM »
I found the premise....
all he [Einstien] needed was faith...
garbage...
around 3:05 seconds...

Offline G0dLovesUs

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2009, 09:07:10 PM »
Good post

Offline Nick

• Laureate
  • Darwins +186/-8
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2009, 10:50:36 PM »
All we ask for is evidence.  You have not provided any.
Yo, put that in your pipe and smoke it.  Quit ragging on my Lord.

Tide goes in, tide goes out !!!

Offline Hermes

• Professor
  • Darwins +2/-0
  • 1600 years of oppression ends; Zeus is worshiped.
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2009, 11:22:15 PM »
Do you have any integrity?  In your letter, you lie not once but twice and each time you do so in an extravagant way.

You say in most your videos that an intelligent, normal human being could rationalize that God isn't real.

Erm ... no, that's not what the videos say.  Why do you find it necessary to tell half truths when the videos are very clear about what they are saying?  Wouldn't it be better to just quote them and skip your dishonest interpretation?

But did you know that Einstein himself knew there was a God? But he could not have faith in Him, for the same reasons you do. Check it out.

This shows me two things;

1. You look towards authorities instead of towards actual investigation of issues for yourself.

2. You don't know much about Einstein.

All I ask is that you stop spreading lies about what people think once you have been informed of what they really think, and that you actually *LOOK* at what they actually think instead of guessing or making things up.

You can verify everything I'm about to write...

Einstein said what he thought in private and in public, including in a book he wrote.  Anyone who made an honest effort to see for themselves will know what he thought.  Anyone who looked for this information, and still ended up misunderstanding him is only interested in using the dead as a tool of propaganda.

Here is what Einstein really thought, written by him in a private letter;

Letter to Eric Gutkind (partial)
Albert Einstein (1954)
Translated from the German by Joan Stambaugh...

... The word God is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses, the Bible a collection of honourable, but still primitive legends which are nevertheless pretty childish. No interpretation no matter how subtle can (for me) change this. These subtilised interpretations are highly manifold according to their nature and have almost nothing to do with the original text. For me the Jewish religion like all other religions is an incarnation of the most childish superstitions. And the Jewish people to whom I gladly belong and with whose mentality I have a deep affinity have no different quality for me than all other people. As far as my experience goes, they are also no better than other human groups, although they are protected from the worst cancers by a lack of power. Otherwise I cannot see anything 'chosen' about them.

In general I find it painful that you claim a privileged position and try to defend it by two walls of pride, an external one as a man and an internal one as a Jew. As a man you claim, so to speak, a dispensation from causality otherwise accepted, as a Jew the priviliege of monotheism. But a limited causality is no longer a causality at all, as our wonderful Spinoza recognized with all incision, probably as the first one. And the animistic interpretations of the religions of nature are in principle not annulled by monopolisation. With such walls we can only attain a certain self-deception, but our moral efforts are not furthered by them. On the contrary.

Now that I have quite openly stated our differences in intellectual convictions it is still clear to me that we are quite close to each other in essential things, ie in our evalutations of human behaviour. What separates us are only intellectual 'props' and `rationalisation' in Freud's language. Therefore I think that we would understand each other quite well if we talked about concrete things.

With friendly thanks and best wishes

Yours, A. Einstein.

http://www.relativitybook.com/resources/Einstein_religion.html

Einstein's point of view was that he thought of a naturalistic god like that of Spinoza and not a personally interested god like the Christians or the Jews.  His perspective was not hidden from the public and can clearly be seen in a book he wrote in the 1930s, and in a private letter he wrote toward the end of his life;

Book: "The World As I See It"
http://books.google.com/books?hl=en&id=JFXWosy8ywYC&dq=einstien+%22the+world+as+I+see+it%22&printsec=frontcover&source=web&ots=dKcoYFe_RO&sig=7ZfJSJUcZ6dJ8kJYub3o98XJij0&sa=X&oi=book_result&resnum=2&ct=result#PPA15,M1

Private letter...
http://www.google.com/search?q=einstein+gutkind+letter
Smart people believe weird things because they are skilled at defending beliefs they arrived at for non-smart reasons. --Michael Shermer

The history of religion is a long attempt to reconcile old custom with new reason, to find a sound theory for an absurd practice.  --Sir James George Frazer

Offline Irish

• Fellow
  • Darwins +18/-0
  • Moraxella catarrhalis on BA
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2009, 01:05:03 AM »
Hmm, idiot Christians stopped trying to make Darwin into a Christian by saying he recanted evolution and embraced Christianity on his deathbed and have since moved on to Einstein.... Fail on Darwin and you will fail on Einstein.  He wasn't a Christian... sorry... try again.
La scienze non ha nemici ma gli ignoranti.

Offline Ambassador Pony

• You keep what you kill.
  • Administrator
  • Darwins +71/-4
  • illuminatus
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2009, 06:59:06 PM »
Good post

I am humiliated for you.

pathetic.
You believe evolution and there is no evidence for that. Where is the fossil record of a half man half ape. I've only ever heard about it in reading.

Offline velkyn

• Laureate
  • Darwins +169/-6
  • You're wearing the juice, aren't you?"
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2009, 04:36:42 PM »
Good post

A post containing a lie is a good post? 
"There is no use in arguing with a man who can multiply anything by the square root of minus 1" - Pirates of Venus, ERB

http://clubschadenfreude.wordpress.com/