Author Topic: 10 answers [#941]  (Read 316 times)

Offline DL

10 answers [#941]
« on: January 18, 2009, 08:36:15 PM »

I may have already sent you this message, but my Sent folder in my mail said I didn't. So, if i did, sorry.
I saw your video "10 questions that every intelligent Christian must answer" and here are 10 answers.

"In the US, 70 percent of amputations are due to disease, 22 percent to trauma, 4 percent are congenital, and 4 percent are due to tumors."
http://www.nyp.org/health/amputation.html

First question, most people who are amputees are people who, by amputation, have been saved from death. So, your thinking is similar to "Well, I have been saved from kidney cancer, but I don't have a kidney anymore. God heal me! Give me a kidney!!!" That just being ungrateful. An besides, if you don't have an arm, are you going to die? Is not living with a limb a life threatening disease?

Second question, according to my calculations, it would cost ever person in America $78.27 to end world hunger. So, if America, the big brother to the world, would stop being so immoral and greedy (one reason that we are headed into a "recession" there would be no starving children. If you want where I got my numbers, just ask and I will give them to you.

Some reasons that children are starving are the decisions that people in power make. The political unrest in the African countries is one reason, and also the "Diversification of funds to increase military budget."
(http://ezinearticles.com/?5-Key-Reasons-Why-Children-Are-Starving-in-Africa&id=1410645) Here is more info about the starving children.

Third question, because if they were killed, they would corrupt the rest of the Israelites. Like the saying goes, one bad apple will spoil the bunch. And like getting a leg or arm amputated, because if you don't you will die. In the movie Flyboys, there is a scene where a man crashes and gets his hand pinned under his wreck of a plane. Meanwhile, the Germans are shooting at them, and the Allies are returning fire, and this man is in No Man's Land. SO, James Franco, the star of the film, runs over, and after trying to free the man's hand, decides to cut it off, while the other guy is like "NONONONONO!!!" (if my memory serves me right). So, if James hadn't cut off the guy's hand, they both would have died. So, it was like pruning the bad parts off plants, in order for the rest of the plant to live.

The whole, "Don't work on the Sabbath or you shall be killed!" When God made the universe in 6 days, he rested on the 7th, and made an example of how we should live. Work for 6 days and rest for the 7th and start over again. The Sabbath was supposed to be a day of relaxation, family, and praying/praising God. God even said

"For six years you are to sow your fields and harvest the crops, 11 but during the seventh year let the land lie unplowed and unused. Then the poor among your people may get food from it, and the wild animals may eat what they leave. Do the same with your vineyard and your olive grove." (Ex. 23:10-11).

Fourth question, The burden of proof is on the accuser. You offer NO evidence/support/proof about these claims you make.

Fifth question, why do people "abhor" slavery? Is it because of what they have heard since they were kids about how mean the white people were to their slaves? I think so. It tells slave owners to be nice to their slaves. We, as a society/culture have been raised with the pre-assumption that slavery is bad because of what the blacks say. Or how the slave owners are remembered by, I recall hearing that only a small percentage of slave owners were "bad." The africans were enslaving other tribes before the Early Americans got there. And before we had the Africans, we had white slaves. (http://www.revisionisthistory.org/forgottenslaves.html)

Sixth question, why do good things happen to bad people? Same thing. It just does.

Seventh question, Jesus didn't do miracles that changed the landscape saying "Jesus was here!" He healed people, and back then, they didn't have computers, cell phones, t.v. to spread the word throughout all the world. It happened in local areas. Most of the common people were illiterate during Jesus' time, so they couldn't write a journal. AND they wrote on papyrus, or an equivalent. They didn't have the electronics to save what they wanted, like we do. I would like to see you somehow keep a sheet of paper with something written on it, and in 2000 years, have someone be able to read it, or even find it, or even have it exist as a sheet of paper.

Eight question, just because Jesus doesn't come in a visual representation of himself, doesn't mean Jesus hasn't communicated with me. And how can you say that question? It's like me asking you, "How come you dad never said 'I love you' to you?" First off, how could I possibly know what your dad said to you? Second off, it's absolutely none of my business.

Ninth question, OMG!!! IT"S SYMBOLIC!!! you do know what "symbolism" is don't you???

Tenth question, people who get married can get married for the wrong reasons, and end up getting a divorce. So, they shouldn't have gotten married. Also, our country has a I-want-everything-now-and-don't-want-to-work-at-anything attitude that the second that things start to go wrong, they end it. And the Christians who get a divorce are wrong.

There you go, no "rationalizations" and yet 10 answers to your questions. Huh. Pretty cool.

[name]

Offline StPatrick

• Reader
  • Darwins +2/-0
  • The patron saint of WWGHA
Re: 10 answers [#941]
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2009, 08:47:21 PM »
First question, most people who are amputees are people who, by amputation, have been saved from death. So, your thinking is similar to "Well, I have been saved from kidney cancer, but I don't have a kidney anymore. God heal me! Give me a kidney!!!" That just being ungrateful. An besides, if you don't have an arm, are you going to die? Is not living with a limb a life threatening disease?

But but but...it says I'll get anything I ask for.  If this God fellow makes a promise, should he not follow through?

Ninth question, OMG!!! IT"S SYMBOLIC!!! you do know what "symbolism" is don't you???

My response, OMG!!!  IT WASN'T SYMBOLIC ORIGINALLY!!!  (you are aware of its pagan origins, yes?)
If we come together and do not fight over religion, class and borders then we hold the key to a peaceful world. There are two possible futures in store; either a March of power and greed or a March of a unified human race.

Offline Nick

• Laureate
  • Darwins +185/-8
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2009, 10:48:26 PM »
So in 2000 years time not one amputee has been worthy enough to be healed.  Seems kind of strange.  Why does God hate amputees?
Yo, put that in your pipe and smoke it.  Quit ragging on my Lord.

Tide goes in, tide goes out !!!

Offline Irish

• Fellow
  • Darwins +18/-0
  • Moraxella catarrhalis on BA
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2009, 01:00:08 AM »
The whole, "Don't work on the Sabbath or you shall be killed!" When God made the universe in 6 days, he rested on the 7th, and made an example of how we should live. Work for 6 days and rest for the 7th and start over again. The Sabbath was supposed to be a day of relaxation, family, and praying/praising God.

And why and how is it morally justifiable to kill a person as God commands for working on the sabbath.  Besides, we don't even know what friggin' day the sabbath is.

Fourth question, The burden of proof is on the accuser. You offer NO evidence/support/proof about these claims you make.

Ummm..... no..... It's your religion, your god, your doctrine therefore you must prove it's validity.

I would like to see you somehow keep a sheet of paper with something written on it, and in 2000 years, have someone be able to read it, or even find it, or even have it exist as a sheet of paper.

And yet you follow the words in a book written centuries ago blindly and without any thought to its' validity as the perfect and holy word of a god.  Strange....
La scienze non ha nemici ma gli ignoranti.