Author Topic: How do you explain this? [#896]  (Read 569 times)

Offline DL

How do you explain this? [#896]
« on: January 07, 2009, 11:54:36 PM »
How can you explain the simple facts showing evolution is invalid? Watch this video for the truth:

Overwhelming Evidence-What Science Says

http://www.godtube.com/view_video.php?viewkey=da5ae9d3a425109ce9e0

"Science says that information can only come from another source of information and that information always flows from a high source to a lower source and always comes from a designer. What they can't explain is where the first information came from."

Offline Hermes

• Professor
  • Darwins +2/-0
  • 1600 years of oppression ends; Zeus is worshiped.
Re: How do you explain this? [#896]
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2009, 02:00:56 AM »
LOL!  Dear ... I needed that.

To the letter writer: If evolution were 'proven invalid', then it would not make any difference to what is contained in the videos, or in the other references available at the Why Won't God Heal Amputees? web site.  You'd still have to address those points if you wanted to ... well ... address those points!

References;

Blog: http://whywontgodhealamputees.com/blog
  Book: http://whywontgodhealamputees.com/god-toc.htm
  50 (51, 52, ...) simple proofs: http://godisimaginary.com
  Videos: http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=GIIVideo&view=videos

If you want to discuss the issues you've left unaddressed or other issues that you somehow think are related -- including the validity or not of evolution -- you can come to the forums.  If you want to continue on the wild tangent you've picked, you can tell me why most Christians accept evolution as a fact and you do not.  That would be interesting.
Smart people believe weird things because they are skilled at defending beliefs they arrived at for non-smart reasons. --Michael Shermer

The history of religion is a long attempt to reconcile old custom with new reason, to find a sound theory for an absurd practice.  --Sir James George Frazer

Offline Dkit

• Reader
  • Darwins +3/-0
  • Nemesis Ridiculii
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2009, 10:01:34 AM »
"Science says that information can only come from another source of information and that information always flows from a high source to a lower source and always comes from a designer. ."

Science says information always comes from a designer?  Really?  I suppose that designer is your particular version of god all the while ignoring other religious claims of a designer? 

"The Bible is a Banquet table not a snack tray!" - Anonymous Facebook User

Offline Idioteque

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2009, 12:07:53 PM »
Cute video. I counted at least 5 lies.
Just 'cause you feel it, doesn't mean it's there

Offline Atheist_Convert

• Graduate
  • Darwins +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2009, 12:25:16 PM »
My favorite quote:

"Divine claims should always have priority over human claims".

So, I guess Pi = 3

The Sun revolves around the earth.

Snakes can talk

Donkey's can talk

There were fire breathing dragons, giants who we would compare to them as grasshoppers and humans can live to be 600-900 years of age. ETC...

I wonder what he thinks of the divine claims of the Koran?

Offline Tails_155

• Reader
  • Darwins +1/-0
  • L!5
    • The Enigma Puzzle
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2009, 05:43:10 PM »
My favorite quote:

"Divine claims should always have priority over human claims".

So, I guess Pi = 3

we should rebuild the wheel around that...

anyway... I don't understand where this "no new information" appearing thing comes from, amoebae have far more information than original cells, so that's false on its own, but new "information" is so vague that it doesn't have any merit, say chromosomes, genomes, DNA, alleles, SOMETHING with substance, regardless, genetic information doesn't just make things bigger and fancier, sometimes it's just there, because... why not? there's lots of useless DNA in the human genome, and if you removed it all? nothing would happen, it serves no purpose on its own, it may have in the past, but now it's just junk -shrug-
Live! Learn! Laugh! Love! Lead!

I'm not all analysis, I like art, too: See?

Offline Hermes

• Professor
  • Darwins +2/-0
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2009, 05:54:41 PM »
It's the same kind of misunderstanding that creationists have about the 2nd law of thermodynamics; they forget that a static and closed system is not the one we are in.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2009, 05:56:29 PM by Hermes »
Smart people believe weird things because they are skilled at defending beliefs they arrived at for non-smart reasons. --Michael Shermer

The history of religion is a long attempt to reconcile old custom with new reason, to find a sound theory for an absurd practice.  --Sir James George Frazer

Offline Tails_155

• Reader
  • Darwins +1/-0
  • L!5
    • The Enigma Puzzle
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2009, 05:56:29 PM »
closed systems, and, temperature in relation to energy, not the changes in creatures over time...
Live! Learn! Laugh! Love! Lead!

I'm not all analysis, I like art, too: See?

Offline L6

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +0/-0
  • Ignostic
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2009, 06:59:47 PM »
Look up Shannon Information Theory.
God's existence is contingent upon the illusion that morality is dictated by religious authority.

Offline omniweasel

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +0/-0
  • Death-Rabbits
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2009, 04:08:07 PM »
oh wow that's a great video. i needed a laugh, keep em commin'

Offline Hermes

• Professor
  • Darwins +2/-0
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2009, 04:14:16 PM »
I did not see a reply from you on my offer that you can come to the forums to voice your opinions.

I will take that as an admission that you are seriously reconsidering your previous comments and are looking at the issues you raised with more care and humility.

The offer to talk is still open.  If you have information that I do not, I am open to having my mind changed. 

If you just assert that you are right, though, and do not give information that a non-Christian would find valuable in making a judgment, then I ask that you do not come to the forums.  I deal in facts not dogma and other biases.

If you want to discuss the issues you've left unaddressed or other issues that you somehow think are related -- including the validity or not of evolution -- you can come to the forums.  If you want to continue on the wild tangent you've picked, you can tell me why most Christians accept evolution as a fact and you do not.  That would be interesting.