Author Topic: Top 10 Signs Of Evolution In Modern Man  (Read 516 times)

Offline Frank

• Reader
  • Darwins +38/-20
  • You're doin' my head in!!
Top 10 Signs Of Evolution In Modern Man
« on: January 15, 2009, 12:21:03 PM »
Through history, as natural selection played its part in the development of modern man, many of the useful functions and parts of the human body become unnecessary. What is most fascinating is that many of these parts of the body still remain in some form so we can see the progress of evolution. This list covers the ten most significant evolutionary changes that have taken place - leaving signs behind them.

http://listverse.com/science/top-10-signs-of-evolution-in-modern-man/

Apparently goose bumps is one of them.
"Atheism is not a mission to convert the world. It only seems that way because when other religions fall away, atheism is what is left behind".

Offline Idioteque

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +0/-0
Re: Top 10 Signs Of Evolution In Modern Man
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2009, 12:50:06 PM »
These made me smile, cool article! There were a few in there that I hadn't heard before.
Just 'cause you feel it, doesn't mean it's there

Offline velkyn

• Laureate
  • Darwins +169/-6
  • You're wearing the juice, aren't you?"
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2009, 03:29:42 PM »
Great article.  My husband has the Darwin's point.
"There is no use in arguing with a man who can multiply anything by the square root of minus 1" - Pirates of Venus, ERB

http://clubschadenfreude.wordpress.com/

Offline Airyaman

• Fellow
  • Darwins +17/-2
  • Alignment: True Neutral
    • Moving Beyond Faith
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2009, 03:46:00 PM »
Made by a god, yeah. If it had been up to this god, my brother would have been dead because the useless organ called an appendix burst. Luckily, human doctors saved his life.

My appendix was also removed.
If you are following God why can I still see you?

Offline I KILLED JEBUS

• Reader
  • Darwins +0/-0
  • Beware of the Army of the 12 monkeys
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2009, 04:31:18 PM »
Made by a god, yeah. If it had been up to this god, my brother would have been dead because the useless organ called an appendix burst. Luckily, human doctors saved his life.

My appendix was also removed.
theists are so funny,none of them would hesitate in seeing a doctor if it were a life and death situation. If they pray for healing god may not get back to them in time or he may say NO
Bow down my hairy children and behold the world I have laid out for you,walk away from your electronic devices and listen to the sounds of nature. Tear from you the ties that bind you to your pathetic existance,walk back into the woods with me and we shall feast on the bounty I have left
Sasquatch

Offline shnozzola

• Reader
  • Darwins +110/-2
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2009, 07:26:40 PM »
Hi folks,
People always wish we had another hand, a third hand – I guess we would have gotten it eons ago except it’s not cosmetically nice.  We’re always getting the doctors to remove any such thing such as a extra finger from a baby, and even if anyone would go through life with a third appendage it would be tough to find a mate, so I guess a third appendage is not coming soon.
“The best thing for being sad," replied Merlin, beginning to puff and blow, "is to learn something."  ~ T. H. White
  The real holy trinity:  onion, celery, and bell pepper ~  all Cajun Chefs

Offline Airyaman

• Fellow
  • Darwins +17/-2
  • Alignment: True Neutral
    • Moving Beyond Faith
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2009, 07:36:29 PM »
A third hand would not significantly increase our ability to survive, nor would the lack be a detriment.
If you are following God why can I still see you?

Offline shnozzola

• Reader
  • Darwins +110/-2
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2009, 07:46:31 PM »
I know, but it would show up from time to time, and eventually, maybe on an island of boxers, stick around.
“The best thing for being sad," replied Merlin, beginning to puff and blow, "is to learn something."  ~ T. H. White
  The real holy trinity:  onion, celery, and bell pepper ~  all Cajun Chefs