Author Topic: video: ten questions any christain should be able to answer [#867]  (Read 1622 times)

Offline gold_digging_ants

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +0/-0
Re: video: ten questions any christain should be able to answer [#867]
« Reply #29 on: December 31, 2008, 03:39:54 AM »
No, you've violated the rules of argument and logic.  Which means that we can't have a proper discussion. 

I've had enough of your dishonesty.  Goodbye.
But the Bible has so many uses! After all, that very thin paper is perfect for origami, for starting fires, for using as a replacement coffee filter...
A friend of mine, on Facebook chat.

Offline ichabencow

« Reply #30 on: December 31, 2008, 03:44:31 AM »
.............this is not dishonestly. You're just avoiding what u have to do. U know that our bible have no mistakes, you can't give out 1 historical error when u are historian. You saying Goodbye to me because you do not have any knowledge to proof JEsus isn'tGod and God does not exist. You're picking out that I violate the rules because u have nothing to proof Jesus isn't God again.

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +0/-0
« Reply #31 on: December 31, 2008, 03:49:14 AM »
This is accessible: try that.

http://www.answering-christianity.com/abdullah_smith/historical_errors_in_the_gospels-3.htm

I believe that the Bible is wrong.  I believe it with all my heart.  I do not know that the Bible is true, since I have read so much that contradicts so much of what I believe to be true abotu the world.  I am 99.9999999999% certain that the Bible is false.  Do you understand me?

There are rules of argumentation.  Just because you think you are right does not change the rules.  Even if God himself were arguing with me, I would still demand (yes, even of your God) that he used those rules.  It's the only way to have a rational conversation.  But of course, that's not what you want, is it?

I'm done with you. 
But the Bible has so many uses! After all, that very thin paper is perfect for origami, for starting fires, for using as a replacement coffee filter...

Offline ichabencow

« Reply #32 on: December 31, 2008, 04:01:23 AM »
The darkness at the crucifixion, the rising saints of Matthew, the earthquake, resurrection, and the “crucifixion” itself are mythological events, they were NOT recorded by historians who lived during that period of time.

U can say is not recorded, but what makes those 400ppl go around the world telling what happen to Jesus?

Philo Judaes lived around 50 CE and never mentions the Gospel events; the Roman records of Pilate DO NOT mention Jesus. Thousands of criminals were crucified by the Romans, but no record exists of Jesus, simply because the Pilate did not crucify him. He was saved by God according to Psalms 20:6, Hebrews 5:7, and Al-Quran 4:157. Regarding the alleged “darkness and earthquake in Matthew”, there is not a shred of evidence to support the Gospel story.

Wrong, our psalm 20:6 does not mention that God will save him. But 1 thing I know, God ressurect him. On the psalms 20:7 stop mentioning Jesus. Only 20:6 mention Jesus is the chosen king.

There does not even have evidence to support the koran dat we're fake. If u believe in the Islam Koran. I tell u there are errors too.

If Jesus was not crucify, the apostles and disciples would not say he was crucify. They didnt even expect him to be crucify. This website author was the muslim guy. If u believe in him, then u must believe Jesus exist and so his diciples, apostles and people around him.

How can koran admit Torah is the word of God and admit it has been corrupt? Shouldn't allah rebuild a better torah for us again?

Why would Allah let Jesus tell people around him to worship him-Son of God? Shouldn't he stop Jesus? But why need wait until after 600 years only say, Ah sorry sorry jesus is not the son of God.

This make allah a God without principles. So u think u can believe wad the website had wrote? The website author agree people around him exist. Why people around him are so lame and want to tell lie that jesus was crucify and ressurect??<<<-------i mention this alot time. u haven tell me why are they so lame.

Offline Agamemnon

• Fellow
  • Darwins +15/-0
« Reply #33 on: December 31, 2008, 09:10:25 AM »
...agree people around him exist. Why people around him are so lame and want to tell lie that jesus was crucify and ressurect??<<<-------i mention this alot time. u haven tell me why are they so lame.

Are you enjoying your one-sided rant?  If you want to convince people here of anything then you need to understand how to debate.  Gold_digging_ants has kindly provided you with the materials to understand how to do this, but you seem determined to ignore this assistance.  If you are not willing to learn the rules of engagement then you are just wasting your time, because no one is going to find your statements convincing.
So far as I can remember, there is not one word in the Gospels in praise of intelligence.  --Bertrand Russell

Offline ichabencow

« Reply #34 on: December 31, 2008, 12:14:10 PM »
I am not ignoring, I juz took some part out to proof it is false. Gold dig ants using the islam theory, so I have proof it that Islam God does not kept it's principles. So what Gold Dig Ants believe in the Islam Theory cannot be trusted since there are mistakes. He have to find a religion who does not have mistakes to proof that Jesus is not God. Remember, even Gold Dig Ants does not believe in Islam yet he is now using the Islam teachings. Is true that it wasn't record, but the bible did mention some kings are record in the book "The History of the Kings of Israel and Judah". This was recorded, example a king in 2 chronicles 35:26.

No one have to record Jesus exist anot, because there are too many witnesses to told that he exist. Judaism, Islam, Christianity, Historian(well i dunno about historian like u gold dig ant), Buddhism, Satanism(church of Satan), Yehowah witness etc believe Jesus to exist. If you said the New Testament that does not record at all are fairy tales, then it will be a fairy tales to us and no one will believe in it just like cinderella story. No one believes in it right? 100% no one. But why the new testament more than 33% population in the world believe? If Jesus wasn't crucify just as Gold Dig Ant said, where was Jesus after his 33 years old? Why would his diciples working so hard to preach to people that Jesus death took away the sin of the world when he haven't die?

That Jesus was crucified is a well-attested event of Roman history.[3] All four Gospels attest to its historicity by recording in great detail the events surrounding the crucifixion. Furthermore, modern archaeological discoveries have all been consistent with the details provided in the Gospel accounts as an accurate portrayal of Roman crucifixion.[citation needed]

Wikipedia told me. After Jesus went back to heaven, his diciples went around preaching gospel about him. This event do happen before, you can't say it doesn't happen because they do exist and people around them witness it. 2000people believe in jesus during Paul time. Amen

Offline StPatrick

• Reader
  • Darwins +2/-0
  • The patron saint of WWGHA
« Reply #35 on: December 31, 2008, 12:19:32 PM »
That Jesus was crucified is a well-attested event of Roman history

No it isn't. 

1. All the historical accounts of Jeezus are highly suspect.

2. The Gospels contradict each other, but they couldn't be used in any case: you can't use the Bible to prove the Bible.
If we come together and do not fight over religion, class and borders then we hold the key to a peaceful world. There are two possible futures in store; either a March of power and greed or a March of a unified human race.

Offline Agamemnon

• Fellow
  • Darwins +15/-0
« Reply #36 on: December 31, 2008, 12:29:45 PM »
I am not ignoring...

I disagree.  You are ignoring this:

...There are rules of argumentation.  Just because you think you are right does not change the rules.  Even if God himself were arguing with me, I would still demand (yes, even of your God) that he used those rules.  It's the only way to have a rational conversation...

You don't follow the rules, so all of your statements are dismissed and you are wasting your time.

Are you deliberately ignoring the rules or is it just that you don't understand this concept?

So far as I can remember, there is not one word in the Gospels in praise of intelligence.  --Bertrand Russell

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +0/-0
« Reply #37 on: December 31, 2008, 06:15:23 PM »
Gold dig ants using the islam theory

OK, I'm still not going to talk to this guy, but what?  I tried to find him something that talked about the Bible being false, did a quick Google search, grabbed a webpage and stuck it there.  I flipped through some of what they were writing (although didn't read it as closely as I would have done if I thought he was going to engage me properly) and it referred to the Bible contradicting other ancient sources. 

Or is logic- the other thing I was talking about- the sole domain of Muslims now?

Offline Astreja

• Fellow
  • Darwins +272/-3
  • Agnostic goddess with Clue-by-Four™
    • The Springy Goddess
« Reply #38 on: December 31, 2008, 06:27:29 PM »
Buddhism... believe Jesus to exist.

Not the original Buddhism.  Siddhartha Gautama lived nearly five hundred years before the alleged time of Jesus and didn't say one word about such a being.   Not one.

There may be more modern versions of Buddhism that classify Jesus as an arhat or bodhisattva, but the original Buddhism has no link to Christianity.

It is, however, quite possible that Christianity borrowed many of Buddhism's ideas.  The Dhammapada, for instance, expresses the idea of 'love thy neighbour' much more effectively, practically, and logically than anything in the New Testament.
Reality Checkroom — Not Responsible for Lost Articles

Offline ichabencow

« Reply #39 on: December 31, 2008, 11:14:27 PM »
haha but the monks believe, some buddhist even believe siddhartha gautama predict hiscoming. Some buddhist, monk, high monk believe he took away the bad karma in the world. Most of the buddhist in my country believe Jesus exist, but as a enlightened being only.

Well okay i will tone down a little, alrite? And if what i said abt u are false, well sorry.

Offline Astreja

• Fellow
  • Darwins +272/-3
    • The Springy Goddess
« Reply #40 on: January 02, 2009, 12:44:07 AM »
Some buddhist, monk, high monk believe he took away the bad karma in the world.

Well, in my opinion that's somewhat inconsistent with early Buddhist thought... The 12th chapter of Dhammapada says this:

By oneself the evil is done, and it is oneself who suffers: by oneself the evil is not done, and by one's self one becomes pure. The pure and the impure come from oneself: no man can purify another.

(quoted from here)

Perhaps it's a Mahayana interpretation, based on the idea of a bodhisattva, or some kind of Buddhist-Christian syncretism.  The basic problem is that karma is supposedly the consequence of actions, so in theory karma (good and bad and neutral) would just get recreated every time someone did something.

Offline ichabencow

« Reply #41 on: January 02, 2009, 04:45:11 AM »
Yeah, I won't say what u said is false, but some do really believe Jesus take away the sins of the world. But they did not state that they have to believe in Jesus. Anyway they doesn't really know much about the bible.

But our simple faith is, believe in Jesus and u are no longer sinner so u be saved. No matter good or bad karma get recreated every time, we know that 1 sin would not allow us to enter the heaven since God is justice.

God is love too, he gave Jesus.

Offline Hermes

• Professor
  • Darwins +2/-0
  • 1600 years of oppression ends; Zeus is worshiped.
« Reply #42 on: January 02, 2009, 04:51:21 AM »
Yeah, I won't say what u said is false, but some do really believe Jesus take away the sins of the world. But they did not state that they have to believe in Jesus. Anyway they doesn't really know much about the bible.

But our simple faith is, believe in Jesus and u are no longer sinner so u be saved. No matter good or bad karma get recreated every time, we know that 1 sin would not allow us to enter the heaven since God is justice.

God is love too, he gave Jesus.

The inconsistencies and contradictions let alone the horror you seem happy with in what you just posted is stunning.

Of course, I don't expect you to see it ... and if I pointed out what I see you'd just ignore or dodge the evidence.
Smart people believe weird things because they are skilled at defending beliefs they arrived at for non-smart reasons. --Michael Shermer

The history of religion is a long attempt to reconcile old custom with new reason, to find a sound theory for an absurd practice.  --Sir James George Frazer

Offline ichabencow

« Reply #43 on: January 02, 2009, 06:06:50 AM »
I replying to Astreja post when she reply how she think about buddhism. Anyway, our bible didn't mention about what buddhism believe in, so there are no contradictions. That's what u see, for those who haven't been brainwash by u all, they will consider what I say are more sensible than you all. Of course majority people in here are atheist, and the Atheist Moderator could support u all, and u all are gaining. But only gaining towards my attitude rather than my bible.

Offline unbiased liar

« Reply #44 on: January 02, 2009, 11:53:46 AM »
What a ridiculous "purpose" to have.  Created to worship a powerful being?  That's no purpose at all.

The meaning of our life dwells in what we're doing at this very moment... And nowhere else.

Somehow I think the starving kids all around the world wouldnt really be with you on that one.

Offline Astreja

• Fellow
  • Darwins +272/-3
    • The Springy Goddess
« Reply #45 on: January 02, 2009, 10:43:10 PM »

What a ridiculous "purpose" to have.  Created to worship a powerful being?  That's no purpose at all.

The meaning of our life dwells in what we're doing at this very moment... And nowhere else.

Somehow I think the starving kids all around the world wouldnt really be with you on that one.

Why not?  In that moment, for that particular group, staying alive is the purpose.

If you've ever studied Maslow's hierarchy of needs, you'll see that it's in layers.  Basic physical needs like food, shelter, safety come first.  Then various cultural needs.  Eventually, when the outer situation is fairly stable, we begin to work on the things that we desire for ourselves.

The starving kids might use an imagined purpose designed by a loving god to keep themselves motivated, but this does not mean that such a purpose actually exists.  Such a fantasy does, however, support a more immediate deficiency need -- Physical survival.

Offline ichabencow

« Reply #46 on: January 03, 2009, 02:47:35 AM »
Have you study the history of my country, have u study architecture, have you have you...u think I God meh, know everything ke? 14 years old to know this much consider not bad d la....

It's not imaginary, try looking at the microvave for 5minutes and see what happen to your eyes. Your eyes will explode BANG! But my eyes are being protected by God. See what happens when you're 5 year old kid and u almost got killed by wild crazy dogs. Maslow's hierarchy of needs, you can learn that. But if God teach us what we need, I guess is far much better.

Besides, what harm u will get when u believe in God? Even when you're alone without family and friends, God is there to help you out in your career and troubles. Unless you're being a coward that God will ruin your life, career, studies, relationships. Of course, he will bring you out and away from those bad friends, bad career like in working in the pub and selling drugs. I once have alot of bad friends, they make me hurt my family. If weren't for God to save me this year, I bet my mum now are very very hurt and she become emo because I everyday will say, SHUT THE FUCK UP MUM(hey don't report me for this, I am giving an example), Loser, Just Get Lost and don't join in my life etc...

If you know what's true love, you will know God.

Love is patient; love is kind; love is not envious or boastful or arrogant or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; it does not rejoice in wrongdoing, but rejoices in the truth. It bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. Love never ends. But as for prophecies, they will come to an end; as for tongues, they will cease; as for knowledge, it will come to an end... And now faith, hope, and love abide, these three; and the greatest of these is love. (NRSV, 1 Corinthians 13:4-8, 13)

We love because he first loved us. Those who say, "I love God," and hate their brothers or sisters, are liars; for those who do not love a brother or sister whom they have seen, cannot love God whom they have not seen. The commandment we have from him is this: those who love God must love their brothers and sisters also. (NRSV, 1 John 4:19-21)

Let no debt remain outstanding, except the continuing debt to love one another, for he who loves his fellowman has fulfilled the law. The commandments, "Do not commit adultery," "Do not murder," "Do not steal," "Do not covet," and whatever other commandment there may be, are summed up in this one rule: "Love your neighbor as yourself." Love does no harm to its neighbor. Therefore love is the fulfillment of the law. (NIV, Romans 13:8-10)

You have heard that the law of Moses says, "Love your neighbor and hate your enemy." But I say, love your enemies! Pray for those who persecute you! In that way, you will be acting as true children of your Father in heaven. For he gives his sunlight to both the evil and the good, and he sends rain on the just and on the unjust, too. If you love only those who love you, what good is that? Even corrupt tax collectors do that much. If you are kind only to your friends, how are you different from anyone else? Even pagans do that. But you are to be perfect, even as your Father in heaven is perfect. (NLT, Matthew 5:43-48)

Offline Agamemnon

• Fellow
  • Darwins +15/-0
« Reply #47 on: January 03, 2009, 03:08:01 AM »
Have you study the history of my country, have u study architecture, have you have you...u think I God meh, know everything ke? 14 years old to know this much consider not bad d la....

I'm sorry, ichabencow, but I'm not going to read or respond to your posts anymore.  You are wasting your time if you think you are changing people's minds with this stuff.

Offline Astreja

• Fellow
  • Darwins +272/-3
    • The Springy Goddess
« Reply #48 on: January 04, 2009, 08:52:19 PM »
It's not imaginary, try looking at the microvave for 5minutes and see what happen to your eyes. Your eyes will explode BANG!

(Googles 'microwave eyes explode' and gets a few articles about people sustaining eye injuries from exploding eggs and from exploding $20 bills with RFID tags... But nothing whatsoever about eyes exploding)

Sorry, Ichabencow, but I simply don't believe this.  I don't know anyone whose eyes have exploded from staring at a microwave oven; in fact, I've never even heard of such a thing.  Are you sure your mother didn't just make it up just to stop you from staring at the appliance?

And who saved you from those dogs? I suspect that you were saved by people rather than by a host of angels or a lightning bolt from the sky.  Please give credit where credit is due:  To the extremely brave people who rescued you from the dogs, and to the doctors and nurses and ambulance workers who aided in your recovery.