Author Topic: Involuntary religious listening  (Read 181 times)

Offline Chronos

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +166/-7
  • Born without religion
Involuntary religious listening
« on: October 14, 2018, 11:41:52 AM »
Another family member is watching some TV preacher, don't know who, don't care who. I am an involuntary listener. Here are today's takeaways:

1. Secular humanism is a religion, with its own bible, philosophy and something else.
2. Secular humanists is for living for the moment where no one else can be hurt by our actions.
3. Secular humanists support NAMBLA.1
4. Secular humanists promote having sex with animals.
5. Homosexual marriages have more privileges than heterosexual marriages.
6. Universities are showing that new students are defining themselves as LGBTQ more often than "conservative".
7. Professors in the universities are preachers of humanism2

So, given what he is deriding, Secular Humanism must be really popular at the moment. Personally, I have not heard or used the term "secular humanist" for probably 2 years now. Maybe this preacher just went back 7 years to recycle a sermon?

1 I had totally forgotten that there was something called NAMBLA.
2 I assume this preacher is unaware of an entire field of "humanities".

« Last Edit: October 14, 2018, 04:05:58 PM by Chronos »
John 14:2 :: In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.

Offline Chronos

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +166/-7
  • Born without religion
Re: Involuntary religious listening
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2018, 11:45:57 AM »
Now he has moved on to "these women wearing these vulgar hats that are part of the female human anatomy".

"They are evil-doers. They are evil in their madness and depravity and envy."

"They want to destroy us. That is the corrupt mind of a sinner."

"If they had their way, we would not be here.  Murder."
John 14:2 :: In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.

Online Nick

• Laureate
  • Darwins +411/-9
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2018, 01:14:44 PM »
Damn, after all that I feel like there should be a collection plate I can drop money into.

When he mentions these women and their vulgar hats looking like female human anatomy, does he mention anything about the president, he most likely supports, liking to grab that female anatomy body part?
« Last Edit: October 14, 2018, 01:19:16 PM by Nick »
Yo, put that in your pipe and smoke it.  Quit ragging on my Lord.

Religions are the dingle berries on the butt hairs of civilization.

Offline LoriPinkAngel

• Reader
  • Darwins +242/-6
  • I'm Your Nurse, Not Your Waitress...
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2018, 02:59:13 PM »
The scary thing is he has a whole batch of followers who believe his crap and will spread it to other sheep.
It doesn't make sense to let go of something you've had for so long.  But it also doesn't make sense to hold on when there's actually nothing there.

Offline Chronos

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +166/-7
  • Born without religion
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2018, 04:07:23 PM »
Damn, after all that I feel like there should be a collection plate I can drop money into.

When he mentions these women and their vulgar hats looking like female human anatomy, does he mention anything about the president, he most likely supports, liking to grab that female anatomy body part?

He railed against what "those on the left" did to the justice (Kavanaugh), "they destroyed his reputation, they destroyed his family's reputation".

Offline velkyn

• Laureate
  • Darwins +449/-26
  • You're wearing the juice, aren't you?"
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2018, 07:27:33 AM »
well, I guess "thou shalt not bear false witness"  is in the toilet for these folks then.   
"There is no use in arguing with a man who can multiply anything by the square root of minus 1" - Pirates of Venus, ERB

http://clubschadenfreude.wordpress.com/

Offline Chronos

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +166/-7
  • Born without religion
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2018, 10:00:53 AM »
well, I guess "thou shalt not bear false witness"  is in the toilet for these folks then.

Do as I say, not as I do.