Author Topic: You had to be there  (Read 74 times)

Offline Timo

• Reader
  • Darwins +156/-2
  • Ya tu sabes
You had to be there
« on: October 14, 2018, 07:40:34 AM »
I don't know exactly why, but I was just thinking of when I went out to New York with my brother. One of my ex girls lives there. My brother is friends with her too, and so we met up with her at this Jamaican spot by her place. I don't know why, but her putting my brother's hand in her hands, looking me in my eyes, and saying in Spanish as if I didn't understand it something to the effect of "I really like you but your brother is an asshole" is one of the funniest things that I've been able to witness.

I'm sure everyone here has weird shit like that. So what is your "you had to be there" moment?
Nah son...

Offline Fiji

• Reader
  • Darwins +172/-2
Re: You had to be there
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2018, 09:32:36 AM »
Aeons ago, in a previous job, we would occasionally have meetings with the French and the German branch (Alcatel, btw)
And these meetings were pretty much open warfare. The company was in decline and the various branches were trying to retain as much business as possible, even if it meant poaching it from the other branches.
So, I'm late, as usual, and find that there's one seat left in the room ... Right in between the French and the Germans.
Now, both delegations were made up of people from diverse offices, so they didn't know each other.
The French though I was German and the Germans though I was French.
Throughout the meeting, they'd discuss stuff among themselves in their native languages. And I wrote it all down.
After ninety minutes of this, one of the French FINALLY goes, "C'est un Belge, il nous comprend!"

Well, end result, none of our business got poached that year.
Happy times.
2 Interwebs 7:42
And in the seventh year, thou shalt cast out the Nam from thine assembly for he haveth a potty mouth.