Author Topic: SC Nominee a Dirt Bag.  (Read 352 times)

Offline Nick

• Laureate
  • Darwins +411/-9
SC Nominee a Dirt Bag.
« on: September 14, 2018, 05:09:07 PM »
Now Trump's SC nominee is being accused of attempted rape back in hs.  Is there anyone in this administration and around it who is not a dirt bag?
Yo, put that in your pipe and smoke it.  Quit ragging on my Lord.

Religions are the dingle berries on the butt hairs of civilization.

Offline LoriPinkAngel

• Reader
  • Darwins +242/-6
  • I'm Your Nurse, Not Your Waitress...
Re: SC Nominee a Dirt Bag.
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2018, 05:33:18 PM »
It's beginning to look like there are many, many male executives who have committed some kind of sexual misconduct.  Les Moonves of CBS just got sacked.  Does one have to be a dirt bag to reach a certain level of power?
It doesn't make sense to let go of something you've had for so long.  But it also doesn't make sense to hold on when there's actually nothing there.

Offline Mr. Blackwell

• Professor
  • Darwins +361/-39
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2018, 06:59:58 PM »
Does one have to be a dirt bag to reach a certain level of power?

Yep. Just look at those shit bags who own Hobby Lobby. Or that complete and total douchebag, Mike Pence. Hell, Mitt Romney had Binders full of women and rumor has it he left a dog tied to his car while driving down the road. And then there is John McCain. Before Trump, Bush jr was the absolute worst and before him it was his dad. Before that, Reagan was the absolute worst. It's like, every Republican is the absolute worst. They just keep outdoing themselves. Doesn't even matter what level of power they attain or what position they are nominated for or running for or hold. They are all just simply the worst but this guy...Kavanough?  Beyond a shadow of a doubt he is the absolute worst of the worst. If he gets confirmed it'll be the end of the world as we know it.

I can't imagine anything worse.

Guess I'll just have to wait to see who the next person is that I've never heard of that Trump tries to appoint to some cabinet position or something because whoever the next one is, I KNOW they will worse than Kavanough and all the other Trump people combined.

It's no wonder suicide rates are up dramatically.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/to-your-health/wp/2018/06/07/u-s-suicide-rates-rise-sharply-across-the-country-new-report-shows/?utm_term=.bc66b24fb210[1]
 1. Never mind that this study does not include rates from 2017 to 2018 just focus on the fact that it was published in June of this year.
I am not sure how to describe the intricacies of this Hell, so I chose to begin with the most common or prominent theme of Hell, which is uncertainty.

Offline Timo

• Reader
  • Darwins +156/-2
  • Ya tu sabes
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2018, 07:08:38 PM »
I think the thing that's the most damning about the whole thing is that Chuck Grassly had a letter signed by 65 women who knew him in high school ready to go to attempt to rebut these allegations. This was something they knew about and were trying their best to cover up in this rush of a process.

Also, to correct my dear brother, Mr. Blackwell, the dog on the roof thing with Romney was not a rumor. It came out because it's part of a story he liked to tell that he thought was hilarious.
Nah son...

Offline Mr. Blackwell

• Professor
  • Darwins +361/-39
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2018, 07:19:34 PM »
I think the thing that's the most damning about the whole thing is that Chuck Grassly had a letter signed by 65 women who knew him in high school ready to go to attempt to rebut these allegations. This was something they knew about and were trying their best to cover up in this rush of a process.

Also, to correct my dear brother, Mr. Blackwell, the dog on the roof thing with Romney was not a rumor. It came out because it's part of a story he liked to tell that he thought was hilarious.

And the moral of the story is that anyone who has binders full of women and forgets that their dog is in the pet carrier on top of the car is not only unfit for office but actually is the embodiment of evil.

Question about the allegations of sexual assault concerning Kavenough, According to Feinstein the woman making the allegation doesn't want to be known...I understand that, didn't want to pursue the issue...I don't understand that. If she didn't want to get involved they why did she send the letter to her representative?

At any rate. I'm the last person to question someones motives or reasoning so I assume that this unnamed person is a real person with a real grievance. I just wonder how long Feinstein has been sitting on the letter? She didn't just get it yesterday.

I am not sure how to describe the intricacies of this Hell, so I chose to begin with the most common or prominent theme of Hell, which is uncertainty.

Offline Timo

• Reader
  • Darwins +156/-2
  • Ya tu sabes
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2018, 09:25:18 PM »
My guess is that there is some payoff involved. I'm not sure why it'd be referred to the FBI otherwise. They were in high school at the time and it would have been a local matter anyway. My guess as for why she came forward is that the whole roll out of Kavanaugh was focused on home as a good, decent, family man...like in a way we haven't seen with other nominees. I'd be pretty pissed off if some dude tried to rape me, got away with it, and then everyone's on CNN talking about how he's great because he coaches his daughter's basketball team.
Nah son...

Offline Nick

• Laureate
  • Darwins +411/-9
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2018, 07:58:09 AM »
Thomas is lonely as the only pervert on the court,  so there is that.

Offline Mr. Blackwell

• Professor
  • Darwins +361/-39
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2018, 05:52:47 PM »
Here is a question that I don't know the answer to because I can't really see much of a difference other than the media coverage.

What is the difference between Karen Monahan's allegations against Keith Ellison and Christine Ford's allegation against Brett Kavanaugh?

Offline Timo

• Reader
  • Darwins +156/-2
  • Ya tu sabes
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2018, 11:21:59 PM »
What is the difference between Karen Monahan's allegations against Keith Ellison and Christine Ford's allegation against Brett Kavanaugh?

Keith Ellison isn't up for a lifetime appointment on the highest court in the country. And the difference in the media coverage might be due to the fact that Keith Ellison is running for state office in Minnesota.

Also:

My guess is that there is some payoff involved. I'm not sure why it'd be referred to the FBI otherwise.

Turns out, it was a referral to the FBI for their background check. But the background check can only be reopened at the request of the president. I think that's where I got tripped up. Also, any Republicans talking about how this is a delay tactic are kind of full of it. The investigation into Anita Hill's claims prior to the hearing took 3 days. There are only a handful of people they need to talk to.
Nah son...

Offline Nick

• Laureate
  • Darwins +411/-9
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2018, 12:04:55 PM »
Well, today a 3rd woman came forward to tell she story about Kavanova and his buddy setting girls up for gang raping.  I am having a hard time understanding how the right sees this as a right/left thing.  It seems horrible to me.  Then I remembered something about the right.  They see women differently.  If you are a good Christian girl you dress appropriately, go to church, never get into a social situation where drinking might happen, and remain a virgin "willingly and happily" for God and the man you will marry, then you are deserving of good things.   Other women who don't do all this deserve what they get.  It is that simple.  These women caused men to act like this so it is their fault...not the man's.

That is how these old white men can sit there and play this game.  That is how Trump sees most women.  Rev Franklin Graham said it does not matter what happened to these women.  Now you know why he feels that way.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2018, 01:05:36 PM by Nick »

Offline velkyn

• Laureate
  • Darwins +449/-26
  • You're wearing the juice, aren't you?"
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2018, 12:19:40 PM »
Well, today a 3rd woman came forward to tell she story about Kavanova and his buddy setting girls up for gang raping.  I am having a hard time understanding how the right sees this as a right/left thing.  It seems horrible to me.  Then I remembered something about the right.  They see women differently.  If you are a good Christian girl you dress appropriately, go to church, never get into a social situation where drinking might happen, and remain a virgin "willingly and happily" for God and the man you will marry.   Other women who don't do all this deserve what they get.  It is that simple.  These women caused men to act like this so it is their fault...not the man's.

That is how these old white men can sit there and play this game.  That is how Trump sees most women.  Rev Franklin Graham said it does not matter what happened to these women.  Now you know why he feels that way.

and that is exactly the truth
"There is no use in arguing with a man who can multiply anything by the square root of minus 1" - Pirates of Venus, ERB

http://clubschadenfreude.wordpress.com/

Offline Chronos

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +166/-7
  • Born without religion
« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2018, 08:43:30 PM »
In my years of encountering, living among and counseling college freshman from various regions and from various educational backgrounds (all in the 1980s), routinely the most immature freshman were from single-sex schools, particularly all-boys Catholic schools. Immaturity doesn't lead to sexual assault, but immaturity is responsible for a lot of destructive behaviors. The college freshman who attended co-ed Catholic schools were much more centered. Whether it's a school or a floor of college freshman, the co-ed method results in much more civil behaviors.

So, Kavanaugh's high school, ahem, Georgetown Prep experience (not any ordinary high school, not even an ordinary Catholic high school), doesn't surprise me in the least. While I don't routinely hold against people things that they did at 17, the behavior of sexual assault isn't something done on a whim and often reflects a general mentality of what one can do (and usually does). In other words, it appears that minimally Kavanaugh doesn't respect women, at least when alcohol consumption is involved. And, when a clear head is involved and legal objectivity needs to take place, well, he still doesn't respect women as he refers to birth control as abortifacients. A woman on the pill is aborting children every day? Really? Whether this is following his Catholic teachings (which are not at all objective for legal purposes -- or just common sense purposes) or a product of his sex ed classes (if he had any, which were clearly a failure), for Kavanaugh women are clearly subordinate to men. Subtract sexual assault from all of this and we have a man who will not have objectivity around women. Oh, and there is that thing about thinking that a POTUS shouldn't have to answer to anybody. Yeah. That's why Kavanaugh is not qualified. But, then there's his public, combative, antagonistic performance for his job interview when his calendar was questioned. If you can't handle that job interview properly, you shouldn't get the job. I know I've handled interviews much better and still not gotten the job. Why should he get a pass? Hmmm. White. Male. Catholic. Prep. Federalist. Conservative. Republican. Abortion. Union-busting ....

I think the Georgetown Prep experience is coming back to haunt multiple students, and so be it. Is it wrong to conflate the RCC predator priest history with the Georgetown Prep student product history? Maybe.  Nah, it's not. It's all a private club. Some members got better treatment than others.
John 14:2 :: In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.

Offline stuffin

• Reader
  • Darwins +120/-4
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2018, 08:06:08 AM »
Like the one of the late night comedians said; “Typically when you’re asked about a sexual assault and your drinking problem at a job interview, you don’t get the damn job!” said co-host Michael Che
Don't stop smiling at the world and keep your head full of hope.

Offline Chronos

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +166/-7
  • Born without religion
« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2018, 06:22:09 PM »
I hope that SNL really, royally roasts Susan Collins in the opening skit.
John 14:2 :: In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.

Offline Nick

• Laureate
  • Darwins +411/-9
« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2018, 06:53:05 PM »
Republicans basically said they were OK with putting a rapist on the Supreme Court.  Deplorables won again.  Hell, Trump no longer has to worry about a pee tape coming out.  The nation will see it as a badge of honor.

Offline LoriPinkAngel

• Reader
  • Darwins +242/-6
  • I'm Your Nurse, Not Your Waitress...
« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2018, 07:58:43 PM »
I hope that SNL really, royally roasts Susan Collins in the opening skit.

She clearly had some kind of blinders on in regards to him.  It's as if she didn't even notice the multitude of lies or his ridiculous temper tantrum.
It doesn't make sense to let go of something you've had for so long.  But it also doesn't make sense to hold on when there's actually nothing there.

Offline Nick

• Laureate
  • Darwins +411/-9
« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2018, 08:21:02 AM »
Under Trump it is now impossible to shame the GOP.

Offline Chronos

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +166/-7
  • Born without religion
« Reply #17 on: October 06, 2018, 10:13:53 AM »
Trump no longer has to worry about a pee tape coming out.  The nation will see it as a badge of honor.

A youthful indiscretion ...

Kathleen Kelly: "People do really stupid things in foreign countries."

Frank Navasky: "Absolutely. They buy leather jackets for much more than they're worth. But they don't fall in love with fascist dictators!"

Ooops.

Offline Chronos

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +166/-7
  • Born without religion
« Reply #18 on: October 06, 2018, 10:15:01 AM »
Under Trump it is now impossible to shame the GOP.

They've been headed that way for a long time; he's just granted them blanket permission.

Offline The Gawd

• Reader
  • Darwins +152/-6
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #19 on: October 06, 2018, 10:26:59 AM »
I don't know if @Mr. Blackwell's post was sarcasm or not. Either way I generally agree with the words at face value. I would argue though that Reagan was worse than Bush Sr. The reason it seems like each Republican president is worse than the next, is because you can make a legitimate argument that each is worse than the next. They are on the frontier of being deplorable and they keep pressing on. This is seen through their SC nominations. These are awful people with law degrees.

Offline shnozzola

• Fellow
  • Darwins +279/-2
« Reply #20 on: October 06, 2018, 05:03:06 PM »
I looked up the following chart, doubting it, but it seems factual

We have guided missiles and misguided men.  ~ Martin Luther King, Jr.

“Who cares if Kim Jung-Un gets a nuke. Nukes don’t kill people, people kill people.”

Online One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +627/-67
  • Supreme ruler of the multiverse; All In One
« Reply #21 on: October 06, 2018, 05:37:41 PM »
I looked up the following chart, doubting it, but it seems factual

Even if that particular chart is not factual, the proportions themselves are - Republican presidents are indicted and convicted for crimes more often than their Democrat counterparts. You can look it up. The two sides are not equal, not by a long shot.
My names are many, yet I am One.
-Orion, son of Fire and Light, Sol Invictus.

Religions need books because they don't have gods.

Discord: https://discord.gg/Hhz7Ff2