Author Topic: What things make Trump a bad President?  (Read 157 times)

Offline median

• Reader
  • Darwins +300/-16
  • Yahweh: Obviously not obvious.
    • Talk Origins
What things make Trump a bad President?
« on: August 06, 2018, 10:44:15 PM »
I'm having this discussion with a friend and he was asking "So, why don't you like Trump? What has he actually done wrong?" So, I thought to post it here. Assuming you don't support Trump, what are the worst things about him that make him an unfit and/or bad POTUS?
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. Carl Sagan

Offline freakygin

• Undergraduate
  • Darwins +15/-0
  • WWGHA Member
Re: What things make Trump a bad President?
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2018, 01:24:41 AM »
Maybe too much people agree with this meme
If you argue correctly, you're never wrong..

Offline velkyn

• Laureate
  • Darwins +446/-25
  • You're wearing the juice, aren't you?"
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2018, 07:20:19 AM »
that meme pretty much explains it.   Trump is stupid, he is a liar and a cheat, he is likely suffering some mental decline, he is not curious, he is willfully ignorant, he is a coward and a wannabee bully, he is colluding with Russia. 
"There is no use in arguing with a man who can multiply anything by the square root of minus 1" - Pirates of Venus, ERB

http://clubschadenfreude.wordpress.com/

Offline Nick

• Laureate
  • Darwins +406/-9
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2018, 08:12:48 AM »
(1) He put children in cages.

(2) He is working as hard as he can to kill the ACA...those with preexisting conditions will be back to begging for health care.

(3) He is bought and paid for by the NRA/Russia.

(4)No respect for our laws, environment, anyone not white or the constitution.

(5) He is letting a foreign power attack us and we have no respsnse.
Yo, put that in your pipe and smoke it.  Quit ragging on my Lord.

Tide goes in, tide goes out !!!

Offline jetson

• Administrator
  • Darwins +446/-6
  • Meet George Jetson!
    • Jet Blog
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2018, 12:26:58 PM »
I'm having this discussion with a friend and he was asking "So, why don't you like Trump? What has he actually done wrong?" So, I thought to post it here. Assuming you don't support Trump, what are the worst things about him that make him an unfit and/or bad POTUS?

Have you ever once heard Trump, the current POTUS, talk nicely to all Americans? Even attempt to be inclusive as an elected leader? I have not.

Offline Nick

• Laureate
  • Darwins +406/-9
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2018, 12:34:40 PM »
This one is nuts.  Trump and his EPA are now going to allow asbestos back into manufacturing.  1950s environmental standards are coming back.  Lead in gas/paint again soon.

Offline jetson

• Administrator
  • Darwins +446/-6
  • Meet George Jetson!
    • Jet Blog
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2018, 12:45:03 PM »
This one is nuts.  Trump and his EPA are now going to allow asbestos back into manufacturing.  1950s environmental standards are coming back.  Lead in gas/paint again soon.

Don't forget to remind all your friends who voted Republican that this is all on them.

Offline Timo

• Reader
  • Darwins +155/-2
  • Ya tu sabes
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2018, 02:28:42 AM »
He's not very smart and he thinks he knows more than he does. You can see it when he'll state really obvious things like health care policy is complicated...because he just learned it. He apparently doesn't really read his briefing materials or even prepare for sit downs with other leaders. And you can see that with how he talks about things like trade deficits or the NATO alliance. He fundamentally doesn't understand them. He apparently had someone print up an invoice for how much money Germany owes the US for NATO when Angela Merkel visited. I guess side note there, his staff are also morons.

And then you cap all that off with his itchy twitter fingers and cable news consumption. I mean, TV is already the worst way to get your information, but he prefers the worst cable network because it has the most fawning coverage of him. And he comments on things like he doesn't understand that he's actually the president. And that fits in with his complete lack of attention to the inner workings of his government. I genuinely would not be surprised if he didn't know that ICE was separating families and putting kids in cages. Jeff Sessions and Stephen Miller definitely wanted that to happen but I really don't know how much Trump himself is even involved. He doesn't even go into the office until damn near noon.

And we haven't even got to the undermining of the first amendment, the casual sexism and racism, the potentially catastrophic effects of replacing Anthony Kennedy on the Supreme Court, etc. The dude is a walking disaster.

...and that's before you get to the weird Russia shit, the corruption, the obvious emoluments violations, the obstruction of justice, etc

Daaaaaah!
Nah son...

Offline Nick

• Laureate
  • Darwins +406/-9
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2018, 04:43:45 PM »
One of the things I hate the most about Trump is that he has made cruelty acceptable.

Offline LoriPinkAngel

• Reader
  • Darwins +242/-6
  • I'm Your Nurse, Not Your Waitress...
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2018, 06:34:49 PM »
He wants to waste money creating a "Space Force" when these missions are mostly done already by the Air Force.  As if we don't have any other things that much money could be spent on.
It doesn't make sense to let go of something you've had for so long.  But it also doesn't make sense to hold on when there's actually nothing there.

Offline stuffin

• Reader
  • Darwins +119/-4
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2018, 11:11:45 PM »
He wants to waste money creating a "Space Force" when these missions are mostly done already by the Air Force.  As if we don't have any other things that much money could be spent on.

I know space is already weaponized to some extent, but I thought counties had a gentlemen's agreement not to weaponize space, or at least minimize it's weaponization. If this Space Force gets off the ground, pun intended, then Trump will be  known as the world leader who declared the right to deploy weapons and fighters in space. I think the USA is late with this, the moon and Mars should already have some military application(s) in place. This is the next natural step for defending yourself. Take the higher ground, simply military strategy. Just hate that Trump might get credit for this if it somehow saves the world.
Don't stop smiling at the world and keep your head full of hope.

Offline velkyn

• Laureate
  • Darwins +446/-25
  • You're wearing the juice, aren't you?"
« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2018, 07:13:23 AM »
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Outer_Space_Treaty

until we clean up the crap that is up there right now, it make no sense to have "fighters" and attack satellites up there.    It's just Cadet Bone Spurs and Tiny Dick's need to feel special. 
"There is no use in arguing with a man who can multiply anything by the square root of minus 1" - Pirates of Venus, ERB

http://clubschadenfreude.wordpress.com/