Author Topic: Try praying to Baal  (Read 165 times)

Offline clip11

• Graduate
  • Darwins +24/-5
  • WWGHA Member
Try praying to Baal
« on: August 04, 2018, 03:07:49 PM »
This is a believer's response to God Is Imaginary Proof #1 - Try Praying. God in this case is defined as Baal

There are logical steps one must take in order for a prayer to Baal be answered. First and foremost the prayer request must be in line with the will of the Baal to whom you are praying. In faith, you can't ask Baal for something that is against his nature, will or purpose. For example, Baal isn't a sort of cosmic cash cow. A celestial cash ATM. He doesn't care about who wins the football, basketball, or hockey game. It isn't his responsibility to ensure you pass the exam you should have studied for, he is not on your country's side in war.

And, contrary to your suggestion that the cure of cancer would be an appropriate prayer, it isn't. Adam was warned that his eating of the fruit of the tree would bring death, not only to him but to all who would follow. It is Baals will that we die. There is a reason for it, so asking Baal to keep us from it is contrary to his will and temporary purpose for mankind.

There are some other rules of thumb which ensure your prayers are heard by Baal. Such as having nothing to do with, or being under no influence of spiritism. Not being under the influence of drugs or alcohol, not possessing books, games, music, art that has to do with magic, sorcery.

And of course, when you pray to Baal use his name, and always approach him in prayer in the name of Baals son as mediator. Do not repeat prayers as if by rote. As if prayer were a meaningless sort of form letter.

If you are sincere, and you are asking for some assistance in matters that are in line with Baals will and purpose and you follow these guidelines your prayer will be answered, if it is significant. For example, personally speaking, as an atheist who began studying the Bible 23 years ago I had some of Baals literature available to me and knew how to pray properly. I prayed to Baal that if they had the truth send them to me. I had lived at that location for 6 years, it was out in the country and I had never seen any of Baal priests in the area, but that next morning they came to my door.

The page also mentions faith moving skyscrapers Baal didn't lie when he said that faith could move skyscrapers and I can give you an example of this being true. Money. Our money operates on our faith. If we lose faith in it it becomes obsolete. With money we can literally move skyscrapers. But when we lose faith in it, though nothing else changes. The resources are still there, nothing is done. If this is true with money imagine how true it is with faith in Baal.

When I say faith, I'm not talking about a system of religious belief based on spiritual apprehension rather than proof, I'm talking about complete trust and confidence in Baal based upon knowledge and experience.

Offline albeto

• Reader
  • Darwins +356/-4
Re: Try praying to Baal
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2018, 03:17:04 PM »
Not being under the influence of drugs or alcohol

I had a gin and tonic last night. I'm going to have another one tonight, so perhaps I'm under its influence mentally or even spiritually. I'm hoping there's a window of opportunity for me so I can participate, but if not, can I make requests for other people to pray?

Offline velkyn

• Laureate
  • Darwins +434/-25
  • You're wearing the juice, aren't you?"
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2018, 01:03:06 PM »
I prayed as a Christian for all sorts of good things to happen, that hostages would be rescued, famines to be ended, a young mother not to die of cancer who was in my church, etc.  I prayed as I was losing my faith, to get it back.   

No answer.

I prayed to other gods.

No answer.

I asked Christians how to pray, and they claimed that they has the one right answer.  I did exactly as they said.

No answer.

All I got was excuses from Christians, and lies claiming I wasn't "sincere" enough, like this was Linus' pumpkin patch.   I've seen many many people pray and trust and then fail and die because adults are speading lies because they need external validation for their religion.   How pathetic. 
"There is no use in arguing with a man who can multiply anything by the square root of minus 1" - Pirates of Venus, ERB

http://clubschadenfreude.wordpress.com/

Online LoriPinkAngel

• Reader
  • Darwins +239/-6
  • I'm Your Nurse, Not Your Waitress...
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2018, 04:54:04 PM »
The answer is no, or not now, or God has a better plan, or everything happens for a reason.
It doesn't make sense to let go of something you've had for so long.  But it also doesn't make sense to hold on when there's actually nothing there.

Offline albeto

• Reader
  • Darwins +356/-4
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2018, 08:33:57 PM »
The answer is no, or not now, or God has a better plan, or everything happens for a reason.

Isn't that fascinating how that works? Things are understood to be God's plan only after arrangements have been made and people learn to deal with new circumstances. Once those circumstances have been processed and people learn to find the best approach do they give credit to Jesus for having planned this so long ago. Imagine that, he must have set the original motion in place at least five millennia ago so the right people met, had babies, inspire revolutions and whatnot, eventually created businesses just for Jesus' special friend to find that temporary job as part of this pre-existing plan.

And yet, for a group of people who believe demons exist and are actively trolling humanity, no one ever considers maybe the circumstances they think is God's Better Plan was really a prank pulled by a lesser demon who is now giggling because God's real Better Plan will never be recognized and they got Plan B. Or C. Or F. How would they know?

Offline clip11

• Graduate
  • Darwins +24/-5
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2018, 12:47:23 AM »
I prayed as a Christian for all sorts of good things to happen, that hostages would be rescued, famines to be ended, a young mother not to die of cancer who was in my church, etc.  I prayed as I was losing my faith, to get it back.   

No answer.

I prayed to other gods.

No answer.

I asked Christians how to pray, and they claimed that they has the one right answer.  I did exactly as they said.

No answer.

All I got was excuses from Christians, and lies claiming I wasn't "sincere" enough, like this was Linus' pumpkin patch.   I've seen many many people pray and trust and then fail and die because adults are speading lies because they need external validation for their religion.   How pathetic.
I agree x100

Offline junebug72

• Fellow
  • Darwins +357/-117
  • MIGHT DOES NOT MAKE RIGHT. Seeing is believing!
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2018, 05:54:58 AM »

No answer.

I prayed to other gods.

No answer.

No answer.

Exactly. I prayed for selfless things too. Nothing but silence, and the reality of life kept moving forward.

As a child I prayed: Now I lay me down to sleep / I pray the lord my soul to keep / if I die before I wake / I pray the lord my soul to take.

I do not think you can find a grown up with the belief of a child. I was still abused. My parents still divorced.

There is evidence of absence where gods are concerned.
If you wanna make the world a better place,
Take a look at yourself, and then make a change...
Michael Jackson and Batman

Offline clip11

• Graduate
  • Darwins +24/-5
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2018, 07:04:43 AM »

No answer.

I prayed to other gods.

No answer.

No answer.

Exactly. I prayed for selfless things too. Nothing but silence, and the reality of life kept moving forward.

As a child I prayed: Now I lay me down to sleep / I pray the lord my soul to keep / if I die before I wake / I pray the lord my soul to take.

I do not think you can find a grown up with the belief of a child. I was still abused. My parents still divorced.

The failure of prayer is one of the most disappointing things about religion

Offline velkyn

• Laureate
  • Darwins +434/-25
  • You're wearing the juice, aren't you?"
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2018, 08:05:06 AM »

indeed.  if pure faith is what is needed, then there is none stronger than a child who just doesn't doubt. 
"There is no use in arguing with a man who can multiply anything by the square root of minus 1" - Pirates of Venus, ERB

http://clubschadenfreude.wordpress.com/